It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My husband was in the loma prieta quake and after listening to the FL video he said he remembered hearing something similar prior to the quake.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have heard them in my neck of the woods in Georgia. Usually around 2-3AM. I don't know how to explain it rather then hearing what sounds to be a huge jet of some sort in the distance that does not get any louder or softer. It will go on for 10-15 mins and vanish. I have woke up and gone outside just to look and can't see anything and I can't really determine which direction it is coming from.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
first of all i respect all of your opinions but i think we should be eliminating the basic stuff out first and not starting to talk about pole shifting or sr71´s.
lets start by noticing that this video is recorded in a suburban area with multiple houses around... and they are the only ones hearing it and stepping out of the door?c´mon...not even that typical justice old man that lives in all our neighbourhoods?
Second thing... this can be a lot of things... you can record your washing machine. footsteps in the attic and play with a bunch of filters do a high frequency cut to isolate those low freqs to sound more earthy like. as long as the guy walks around the perimeter you dont have a lot of sound shaping it just stays in the same frequencies... so...what you think about that?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Just a thought

If this was an earthmovement activity it would show up at USGS as earthquake

Seems more likely above the ground activity

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

I heard the SAME noise @ 7:30 pm March 8 or 9th , 2011 in MD . Are you inferring it is all a hoax ?

Obviously , you did not hear it or you would not be making such statements !!!

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

yes i did not heard anything and im talking about the video not about what you guys heard, but then again...the mind and ears play a lot of tricks...we cannot jump into sudden conclusions...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by baraka

The sound in the Florida video IS exactly the sound I heard....I agree we should not jump to conclusions as to what is causing the sound...I believe the sound is from something natural happening to the earth...I posted on pg 37 that I am concerned that it is a pre-cursor to an earthquake somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean...I am 20 miles from the Atlantic Ocean

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

I wonder why no one on here is talking about the recent earthquakes in the Mid Atlantic Region? The Southern Mid Atlantic just had a 6.0 about an hour or so ago.

MAP 4.9 2011/03/22 15:12:24 38.361 141.782 54.5 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 5.8 2011/03/22 15:03:44 35.794 141.581 1.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 5.1 2011/03/22 14:45:20 -33.160 -16.017 14.1 SOUTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
MAP 4.5 2011/03/22 14:31:33 38.154 142.578 33.2 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 5.9 2011/03/22 13:50:51 35.817 141.617 10.7 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
MAP 6.0 2011/03/22 13:31:30 -33.106 -16.027 14.5 SOUTHERN MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hi, don't mean to hijack this thread but I have a theory about the cause of these noises and instead of posting it here, I've started a new thread dedicated to discussing it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would love to get input from you guys, thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just to update..
I have NOT Heard anything in westchester NY.
Usual trains at croton-on-hudson thats it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now as you all know, I love to debunk, I am a skeptical minded person.....but.....just the other week (and on other occasions) I too have heard what sounds like a passenger jet going overhead, except it just starts, lasts 20 minutes, then disappears. What makes the other week stand out was it was clear skies (yes, unusual for this part of the UK) and I had a view of the full sky all around me and there was no aircraft. As I am not near any major airports usually the lowest aircraft are military or helicopters.

Definitely an odd one that has me stumped, I don't even want to speculate on this one.
edit on 22/3/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Not sure I was thinking as far south as the Southeren Mid Atlantic Ridge... but thank you for bringing that to my attention .

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

Thank you for actually reading the thread before posting, you are the only person who apparently read this post:

I hear loud and long rumbling all the time at work, and at home. I have discovered that while I am at work, a distant plant that is located directly across from this location, but on the next large hill, is making those sounds, and at home what I am hearing is the chemical plant burning off God knows what early in the morning. I believe I read on the thread here that the sounds are being attributed to a phenomenon called 'ducting'.

If the atmospheric condition that causes superrefraction bends the beam equal to or more than the earth's curvature then a condition called ducting, or trapping, occurs. Ducting often leads to false echoes also known as anomalous propagation or simply AP.

I think the bigger question here is why is 'ducting' going on apparently around the world, what is causing the beam to have this anomalous curvature? It seemingly is happening more than usual. Or maybe we are just paying closer attention.

Guys, a good expaination doesn't neccesarily mean there is nothing going on, it just might not be what you think

edit on 22-3-2011 by space cadet because: because

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No strange noises here, in Denmark - except from the F-16's flying very high last week, due to some kind of exercise before they were off to Libya. The noise was identical to the noise in the videos posted here on ATS and also lasted for 20 - 45 min. You almost couldnt see the planes, because they were flying so high.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by ag893
I'm not 100% but it could be the Lord getting ready to take his saints home.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I don't think a mythical figure has anything to do with this, i think it's momma nature getting ready for something.

I actually agree with ad893 and happen to know that the sound in Florida referred to did have to do with the Rapture. More details are available HERE
edit on 22-3-2011 by ReginaAdonnaAaron because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Wow, I thought it was my ears going funny, I don't normally get sucked in by this stuff but for the last two months I have been hearing a very low freq humming sound. My wife can't hear it though, it normally starts about 11pm until I get to sleep, and sometimes it stops me from sleeping. I live close to a water processing plant just outside London and thought it must be some underground drilling going on - not sure about that though. Something is changing in the world, all these reports can't be explainable.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The first video I saw on this rumbling noise reminded of job I went on next to a large cement plant.
They were venting something not sure what, but the noise was deafening and went on for at least an hour.
It was very loud I had to have ear plugs in,and felt sorry for anyone living around there. Must have sounded like a jet in your yard for miles around.
I believe if there was something out of the ordinary going on around the world with this noise,the major networks would have picked up on it by now.
This could simply be ATS euphoria.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hey guys I live in the Netherlands...
Was almost asleep last night at 2AM when I heard this loud but distant noise that woke me up.
Sounded like whales or something...it differentiated over time to a metal sounding noise.

It lasted for 20 minutes...then dissappeared.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Since a lot of people fail to bother read the whole thread, lets put some theorys to bed...

Yellowstone - Not possible since yellowstone is too far from the UK, where the noise has also been heard

Factory - Not possible since the same noise in different regions of the world

Earthquake - Hmm, well this one is tricky, if it is an earthquake then its an earthquake that spans from the east coast of the US all the way over to the UK???? is that even possible?

Jet - Lasts too long, jet engine noises flying above dont last 20 minutes!

Aliens - Anythings possible but we'll never know

Something crazy like the world getting read to split in half - Hope not

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1
[more

Factory - Not possible since the same noise in different regions of the world

What a load anythings possible.Have all the noises been proven to be exactly the same? Are
venting gases,air,and,or steam going to be that different?
I will bet you a pretty penny this will all go away soon and ATS will be worrying about landing lights in the sky as usual.
edit on 22-3-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join