It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This happened around the end of September of last year. I am from Kansas City, KS and one night around 9 pm I started hearing what sounded like loud explosions going off in the distance. At first I didn't think nothing of it until about 10 minutes later I was still hearing them. The sounds were not consistent due to the fact that sometimes they would seem far away, and other times were so close that it would shake or tremble our house. I live southwest of the center of Kansas City, MO. It sounded like it was coming from the center of the city. I called my mother in-law who lives about a mile south of us and she was hearing the same sound. Called my sister who lives approx. 3 miles south of me, she was also hearing it. What was weird is that it was never mentioned on any news story or anything that night. I know that if my sister was hearing it 3 miles away, there were thousands of people hearing these "explosions".

BTW- all my neighbors were hearing it also because we were all outside trying to figure out what is was, they were not fireworks, and it was a partly cloudy night.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I just wrote a lengthy response. However, in keeping with my attempts at being nicer, I've deleted it and just decided to agree to disagree with you. Thanks for responding.

now that is what i call a battle won against ones own ego, congratulations, star for u

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Under Water

great map..and if you add florida rumbling..going frmo the daytona (central florida) area up through the panhandle..it connects almost with louisanna..i saw a outline of a florida map on a few sites following the trail of the reported rumblings..the only one i can find right now is on the 100papercuts site..

deathby1000papercuts.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

After watching a few of these videos, I am somewhat distantly reminded of the old TV miniseries "The Langoliers:, based on a Stephen King novel. Basically, due to the nightmares I had after watching it as a kid (I think I was 9 or 10), this noise gives me the chills.

I won't speculate too much on this, as there are too many possibilities, such as:
Plate tectonics; Natural gas pipelines; strange weather phenomena; cloaked ET motherships; or one from earlier (can't remember the user, or the thread) Atlantean flatulence.
All I know, is this is weird, and gives me the chills.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
I'm not 100% but it could be the Lord getting ready to take his saints home.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I don't think a mythical figure has anything to do with this, i think it's momma nature getting ready for something.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There'll always be the "I'm more right than you are" types on every forum and I'd like to think ATS members who are genuinley unbias and open-minded are in great enough number to simply breeze past their, ego-driven, mightier than thou comments.

I've seen a number of replies inferring religion is responsable for a number of things and it's a beautiful thing to see these replies left un-acknowledged, refuted or ridiculed. Moderation is about give and take and I have no time for anyone who gives nothing of use or takes the pi...

Other than word of mouth reports of hearing this noise, do we have any more video evidence of this noise, other than the most recent video and the vid uploaded in 2009.

In light of the number of member replies reporting the noise significantly out-weighing the number of actual recordings, I remain rather skeptical.
However, the nation weather peoples releasing such a definitive and prompt press release inferring "ducting" as a possible cause, leaves me just as skeptical in the other direction. Also, they do appear to be able to confirm there are absolutely no tornadoes .

How can one detail what something isn't, without actually knowing what it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A few years back I think I remember seeing something similar on the local news here in Monterey County California during one of the large local Forest Fires. While out looking for "Hot Spots" in the Big Sur area California Department of Forestry Firefighters found holes in the ground that had similar sounds coming out of them. There was Geologists etc that said it was a pretty rare thing but not unheard of. I never thought much about it since we live in Earth Quake central ( 15 minutes to the San Andreas Fault & 40 minutes from Parkfield) and people see "Earth Lights" and hear rumblings etc all the time. Granted the things happening here are usually associated with EQ's. I have yet to personally experience anything other than the usual uneventful EQ's.

Personally I don't believe its HAARP or UFO's , DUMB building or anything having to do with Religion ( no offense to anyone but Religion is just proof that Humans will believe in anything given enough time, but I could be wrong ) I think its a naturally occurring event having to do with Volcanism etc that we don't know much about just yet.

We do get one really strong Sonic Boom about once every 2-3 months that none of the usual suspects will own up to (NAVY, AF etc). Its strong enough to scare the hell out of most people who I know that have experienced it and are pretty used to it, myself included. Sounds and feels like someone dropped a 2,000 pound Bomb outside (been there done that in the USMC). Thats been going on for the last few years and you used to be able to track online reports up the coast in to Oregon before it disappeared.

In relation to the Sonic Booms going up the coast my location is about 15 miles inland from Pfeiffer Burns State Park at the entrance to the Los Padres National Forrest.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by judgiebegoode

It definitely boggles the mind. Another possibility that has been rolling around in my mind is the possibility the military is experimenting with a gigantic aerial sound system... point and play sound effects to test how we react to the sounds of war. I've read about sound systems that can only be heard inside a designated area... while anyone outside the designated target's listening area hears nothing but silence.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Good Morning Citizens of ATS...
This is my first post and I apologize if someone already mentioned this today but has anyone looked at the Live Seismic site this morning...?
I check this and other earthquake sites everyday and I've never seen it look like this...

aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

I'm no expert but that doesn't look like any earthquake, more like a planetquake!

Interested to hear everyones ideas

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just a few of my thoughts...

I've lived near airports all my life (37 years) and know all the various sounds very well. I'm also an aviation enthusiast.

I'm quite convinced that the vast majority of these sounds are aircraft. There are many factors that can influence how the sound from the engines behave - wind, atmosphere, surrounding landscape, buildings, etc, etc. I've heard several strange audio phenomena from jet engines - including a 747 flying high that left a rumbling sound that seemed to last forever. I also used to vacation in Scotland a lot and when the RAF Tornadoes or USAF F-15's were flying through the valleys the sound would echo through other valleys to the point of being very confusing - it would sound like the plane was about to take the top of your head.......but in reality it could have been several valleys away. On another occasion in Scotland I heard a deep, pulsating, rumble that went on forever - eventually we crested a hill and saw several aircraft in the distance - I got the binoculars on them and saw it was 12 Chinook choppers (that's the big twin rotor beast) - again the sound was bouncing around all over the place and it sounded like something not from this planet!

I've watched several of these videos (or descriptions from members in this thread) and to me it could be caused by any number of fairly mundane audio phenomena. However, I do think the Florida video is an exception - that one is very intriguing! My money is on an afterburner or rocket test. The "funneling thunder" explanation is a stretch, but possible I guess.

I would say this is an interesting phenomena, but let's be careful not to all jump on the bandwagon every time we hear an aircraft. And I know some of you will insist it's not an airplane because you would be able to tell - but in all my years of plane spotting I still get caught out by seemingly "weird" sounds sometimes.

Oh, and you wanna hear a rumble that literally shakes the walls? Try being a couple of miles downwind of Concorde when it lifts off

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm still not quite sure what to make of all this. But here in central Oklahoma... I often hear what sounds like some enormous jet going by. I usually go outside to see what type could make a rumble THAT loud, and one that seems THAT close to the ground. Seems like its usually cloudy when it occurs so I can't ever place it. But it always seems to be directly above. And the problem is it just keeps making the sound, as if the jet is hovering or circling.

We get the AWACS and various other jets from Tinker in this area, but I've never heard them make a noise remotely similar... or one that sounds so close and lasts so long.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
There is an older thread about Rumbling that I first discovered on the day that I myself heard rumbling and did a search here at ATS. The thread is here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and it includes a map of reports on page 9 of the thread.

I'm not saying that these older reports should be included in the new map that you are graciously making, but I think it is good to have a much info as possible, and that old thread contains many video clips, including one that I uploaded myself.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Was reading the April 2011 issue of National Geographic, and I found an interesting quote that made me think of this thread. Obviously, this wouldn't account for all of the places that this rumbling sound is heard, but I did find the description to be rather similar:

A member of the expedition walks on the caldera's cooled lava floor, turned red by the reflected glow of the lake. "Down here you feel the volcano," says photographer Carsten Peter. "It's a low-frequency rumbling that pulses through your body - like being inside a giant subwoofer."

Excerpt from the article:
The Volcano Next Door:
Scientists descend to a fiery lava lake to protect a Congolese city in its path.

The above quote can be found on page 87.

Emphasis added by me.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
The Ohio one is as creepy as the one in Florida. I'd bet everything on it being underground tunneling of some sort.

That thought alone is just plain creepy since these sounds are being heard all over the world. So, what the he'll are we not being told, and why? Either that, or its a means of contact from our space brothers....

You're onto something. There are unclassified tunnel-boring machines that were used in the construction of *known* underground bases (Cheyenne Mtn (NORAD) and Yuca Mtn Facility, among a few others). That's what they ALLOW US TO KNOW ABOUT.

There are patents in existence for NUCLER POWERED tunnel-boring machines that leave their circular tunnels coated with a self-supporting glass coating. How many and how large the classified versions of these machines... we have no idea. For all we know there could be sprawling mega-cities, inland submarine bases, and supersonic transport shuttles miles beneath our feet. Plans had been created as far back as the early 50s. If enacted and constructed back then, there could well be about two generations of people who have never seen the sky. All of this is highly speculative, of course.

However, deep rumblings have been reported often enough to suggest that there is widespread underground of a non-geologic nature going on. The rumblins seem too steady and consistent to be explained away as simple seismic activity. Here's a link to the drilling machines that they let us know about; keep in mind that the photo looks pretty old. The question is, what do they have now, and how extensive are the underground bases surely in existence?

www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by naught
I'm still not quite sure what to make of all this. But here in central Oklahoma... I often hear what sounds like some enormous jet going by. I usually go outside to see what type could make a rumble THAT loud, and one that seems THAT close to the ground. Seems like its usually cloudy when it occurs so I can't ever place it. But it always seems to be directly above. And the problem is it just keeps making the sound, as if the jet is hovering or circling.

We get the AWACS and various other jets from Tinker in this area, but I've never heard them make a noise remotely similar... or one that sounds so close and lasts so long.

Do you ever feel very subtle vibrations where you are? I know that 4.0 EQ's happen in central OK periodically, but this is more like a very steady vibration that is barely detectable, I am about an hour & 1/2 north of your location and experience this sometimes in the early morning 6 or 7...not a shaking like an EQ might feel, but like I said a subtle vibration that last for several minutes then stops. I have heard the jet roar overhead, but not as loud as some of the others. Vance AFB in Enid could be a culprit of some of the local anomalies. I SAW a B-2 overhead a few weeks ago...very weird -two planes making 'whatever' trails sort of flying in tandem in a wide circle, then the B-2 appeared from the east and flew past them and away to the west. Very high up. I had an ex-Navy guy with me, otherwise I would not have known what to call it.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Pilot because: puctuation

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

That IS the same noise that I have heard on the Eastern Shore of Maryland !!!!

I wish I didn't know that so many people up and down the east coast have heard the same noise...I did some internet research this am on rumbling sounds heard before earthquakes and I was surprised to see that this phenomenon has been reported as far back as 1929 .

Is it possible that there could be an earthquake in the Atlantic Ocean in our near future ?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What if that sound it the sound of earths atmosphere being sucked out into space???? For reasons unknown..........CERN??? I think it would sound very much like this yes.

Yes. It could be Mega Maid:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-3-2011 by prof7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

Yes, very very subtle vibrations. It usually sounds like the garbage truck is right outside when it first begins.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Yfactor1980

Looks like you could have witnessed the successor of the SR-71 Blackbird. High speculative though. There is alot of "info" on this site.

As previously noted, reports of the existence of a successor to the SR-71 surfaced repeatedly during the debate over termination of the SR-71. Subsequent observations of mysterious aerial phenomena have been connected with the 1988 reports that Aurora was a Mach 6 stealthy reconnaissance aircraft that was being developed to replace the SR-71.
www.fas.org...

Of course this was in the 80's. There "could" be something more badazz today. While it is a highly speculative program and I will get hammered for this reply. I believe something took its place. One question I have is, what took the place of the B-2 in the experimental hangar? This is a very plausible explanation for all of the loudness.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Is it possible these noises are a prelude to a pole shift?
2nd line

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join