It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 2timesOO

I think people are jumping to conclusions,.. part of me would actually want it to be HAARP or something like that, we need to remain cautious with our beliefs and not jump to conclusions that are more far out that the natural phenomem itself, there are rumblings and all of a sudden we have had, Disclosure of the ''alien'' prescence, HAARP, earthquake weaponry, End Dayz, No-one died in 9/11, if we want some credibility in the world of ATS, we cant jump to conclusions such as this.

I believe in many conspiracy theories myself, but we must approach them correctly, not every bump in the night is a monster under the bed...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hmm maybe the people that heard it are taking acid and if they stopped the sound would go away. I live off the Ohio river and If it has been shaking and rumbling for three years I'm sure I would have noticed it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Not sure if this has any correlation with the rumbling sounds, but there's countless chemtrails over Lafayette, Louisiana right now. I saw a few a couple of hours ago, but now I went outside to check again and they're just countless. Some of them are really interesting looking, completely straight lines. My camera isn't good enough to pick up the fine lines so well, so hopefully another member from Lafayette will be able to get some clearer pictures.

I was also hearing some faint rumbling in the distance last night from about 2am to 4am. It sounded a lot like a helicopter approaching, but it never got any closer and never disappeared.. Very odd.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboveATS
Its B2B bombers leaving for Libya

www.youtube.com...

Case closed.
Mystery solved.

Deny fear/ignorance

You've got to be kidding. Case is NOT closed and NOTHING is solved. You expect us to fall for this video? You haven't denied ignorance, you've embraced it. All I hear in this video are people talking. Where does this duplicate the sound in previous videos? Why isn't this video 20 minutes long, the length of time people in one of the other videos heard and felt this sound? There is no sound of a jet engine. You're telling me that the sound of this airplane, which is hard to hear just because people are talking, explains lengthy and sustained rumbling noises? Do you really think this is the first time their engines were fired up in that area of Florida (in one of the videos)? People have lived by airbases for decades and would have heard this sound REGULARLY, and that familiarity would diffuse the current mystery.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Visiting ESB because: Correct spelling and add sentence

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This Morning North Carolina - Charlotte Area
The strange sound was heard around 8:15 -9:00 am It was not constant first we thought it was thunder then we looked outside and the weather is perfect. This sound was more like a rumble before the earthquake then silence and then at another interval again.

We realized is not the first time we hear it and we only paid attention this time because of all discussions on ATS otherwise we would dismiss it.

I am curious if other people heard it from NC area ???

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Over the past fifty years Floridians have periodically heard unexplained booming sounds. These acoustical mysteries have occurred in both the atmosphere and underground. In the 1950s, booming sounds were frequently heard in the Ocala National Forest but most of those were attributed to the military’s Ocala Bombing Range. However, in more recent times the same kind of sounds have been heard over a wider area without any apparent connection to military activities. People described the sounds “like a super-sonic aircraft makes when it breaks the sound barrier.” Windows would rattle and the ground would shake which caused some people to say it was coming from underground.

On January 25th and 26th, 1994, several sonic booms were heard across Central Florida with reports coming from Leesburg, Ocala, Gainesville, Dunnellon, and as far east as Deland. Seismographs at the University of Florida, that are capable of detecting vibrations as far away as China, showed no record of the acoustical phenomenon. When contacted by the authorities, local military installations at Tampa and Jacksonville said the sounds were not made by military aircraft. Likewise, the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) could offer no explanations for the bizarre booms. A few people claimed to have heard a quick “double boom” similar to what Central Floridians experience when the Space Shuttle breaks into the atmosphere just before landing. However, there were no shuttles flying during this period. A meteorologist, speaking on the evening news, theorized that the noise could have originated some place other than Florida, like an acoustical mirage caused by the inversion of air…but made audible over Florida. For lack of any other explanation, the theory sounded good on the evening news…albeit the average person found it rather difficult to understand.

There are references to strange booming sounds worldwide, some going back to the 1800s. The famed Barisal Guns of India is one example that has been heard periodically for a century. The Barisal booms sound like cannons and are only heard during heavy rains in the Ganges Delta. In the United States there is a similar phenomenon in New York called the Lake Guns of Seneca. All of these cases continue to baffle scientists.

Residents along Florida’s west coast have on occasion reported hearing “cannon-like detonations on clear mornings when the air is thin.” One boater sailing twenty miles off Cedar Key in 1996 said he heard sounds like “distant cannons” on the Gulf of Mexico. He recounted having heard the sounds just before sunrise and that they were repeated several times in five minute intervals. Strangely, the booms seem to come from no specific direction. The sea was calm with only a slight breeze and no clouds. In this case the experts speculated that the noise came from natural gas eruptions beneath the sea.

In February 1969, people on Jacksonville Beach reported hearing strange rattling sounds coming from two overhead clouds. A woman described the sound in a newspaper article as “like constant crumpling of cellophane.” There were no abnormal weather conditions in this case, no storms, or any other possible cause for the rattling clouds. Just one week later the same unexplained phenomenon was experienced by Miami Beach residents.

In November 1985, unexplained booms were heard at Kennedy Space Center following a shuttle launch. The mysterious sound had nothing to do with the launch. NASA clammed up about it, but researchers later found that the same thing had happened following the two previous launches. One physicist theorized that the sound could have been caused by the Soviets testing a secret electro-magnetic weapons grid system, which allegedly focused on the space shuttle in order to make technical adjustments in a worldwide EM grid network. The theory sounded great, or at least intriguing, but for the average non-physicist it was downright difficult to comprehend. Therefore no elaboration will be offered here, suffice to say it was another explanation to consider.

On May 7, 1996, sonic booms shook windows in Flagler, Marion, Volusia, Brevard, Orange, and Seminole counties. Lesser vibrations were felt as far south as West Palm Beach and as far north as Alachua County. The facilities at Kennedy Space Center experienced this noise too, but NASA claimed it had nothing to do with the shuttle operations. Some people thought it was an earthquake but the seismograph station in Gainesville registered no earth tremors. Once again all the suspect agencies and military were contacted, but all denied having anything to do with it and could offer no explanations. One remote possibility, according to a geologist, was that the sound may have been caused by the collapse of a subterranean aquifer. Underground aquifers hold our drinking water and are huge. If a good size chunk of ceiling fell inside an aquifer it would no doubt create a jolt underground. The only problem with this theory is that geological instruments had not picked up any activity.

Manatee County was hit with an unexplained thunderous boom in June 2003 that rattled windows and shook the ground. The only accountable explosion in the area was an electrical transformer that exploded in St. Petersburg but it was ruled out as the cause. Pensacola had experienced three similar booms in January of 2003, which some tried to blame on military testing in the Gulf of Mexico, but the authorities denied that it had anything to do with the military.

Many explanations have been offered for Florida’s weird booming sounds. The experts have had no problem in explaining what did not cause the sounds, but cannot say what did cause them. So, the booming remains another Florida mystery.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Please don't make fun of people that heard this just because you have not. Lets also stay open minded without our brains falling out.

Even though I heard it im not ready to say it was Aliens, HARP or DUMB drilling. I will say It was enough that I muted the TV and listened for awhile and told my wife to shhh because I thought it was odd.. I'm still trying to come up with a logical explanation because I know whatever it was it was not something Ive heard before where I live.
I'm leaning towards some kind of natural shifting as a result of the large earthquake in Japan.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pigsy2400

Interesting, thanks.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

This makes more sense than the airplane explanation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB

Its B2B bombers leaving for Libya

www.youtube.com...

Case closed.
Mystery solved.

Deny fear/ignorance

You've got to be kidding. Case is NOT closed and NOTHING is solved. You expect us to fall for this video? You haven't denied ignorance, you've embraced it. All I hear in this video are people talking. Where does this duplicate the sound in previous videos? Why isn't this video 20 minutes long, the length of time people in one of the other videos heard and felt this sound? There is no sound of a jet engine. You're telling me that the sound of this airplane, which is hard to hear just because people are talking, explains lengthy and sustained rumbling noises? Do you really think this is the first time their engines were fired up in that area of Florida (in one of the videos)? People have lived by airbases for decades and would have heard this sound REGULARLY, and that familiarity would diffuse the current mystery.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Visiting ESB because: Correct spelling and add sentence

oh u really want this to be aliens dont u?

the florida video is what started most of these threads and the sound in it is identical to the sound ive heard, u can go on thinking its aliens, haarp, movement of the plates but itll just prove ur fear-mongering agenda here, i judge ppl by their deeds and i believe everyone here feels the energy ur vibrating with and it is Fear, but dont worry friend, im here to cure u from that bs emotion

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
No noises here Lanarkshire - Scotland.

Why is everybody jumping to extraordinary explanations. The world is covered in aircraft, roads and railways. Some areas are in earthquake zones. mash these altogether and the vast majority of the noises can be explained by simple ordinary normal stuff.

However, if you wish to throw some paranoia or belief that we are constantly being lied to into the mix etc then sure enough we have aliens tunneling underground....or the like.

Can I suggest we all read last weeks New Scientist. fascinating stuff. Total killer for an awful lot of "believers of whatever" and makes complete sense.

To answer your question -- it's because the ordinary does not explain the extraordinary. Airplanes, roads, cars, etc. are poor explanations for what is going on. The fact is, none of us know. It "could" be anything from a weather phenomenon to the Earth's plates shifting to (gasp, heaven forbid!) some sort of ET technology. Humanity needs to learn that it doesn't know everything, in fact, it knows very little.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

the florida video is what started most of these threads and the sound in it is identical to the sound ive heard, u can go on thinking its aliens, haarp, movement of the plates but itll just prove ur fear-mongering agenda here, i judge ppl by their deeds and i believe everyone here feels the energy ur vibrating with and it is Fear, but dont worry friend, im here to cure u from that bs emotion

I have no clue what this is. Neither do you. You claim to deny ignorance yet assume that I "want this to be aliens" simply because I post a thread like this? Can't get more ignorant than that. The fact is, this could be anything: a weather phenomenon, earth's plates moving, OR it could also be something that is not based in a natural event, such as ET technology. Neither you, or I or anyone else knows. You don't deny ignorance -- you stop at nothing to deny possibilities. Your video is lame, BTW, and the only thing we can hear are people yakking away. You know nothing about energy either. This thread was posted to inform and explore, not to induce fear. If you are fearful, as it appears you are since you are grasping at the most ridiculous explanations in order to calm your fear, too bad for you. Perhaps a bit of maturity on your part would help you get through this frightening time in your life. Thus far, your contributions to this thread and mystery have been laughable.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Or it could be simply military aircraft on a mission. But there is no way that such a simple answer is the answer everybody is looking for, as I can tell by most of the theories.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I have no clue what this is. Neither do you. You claim to deny ignorance yet assume that I "want this to be aliens" simply because I post a thread like this? Can't get more ignorant than that. The fact is, this could be anything: a weather phenomenon, earth's plates moving, OR it could also be something that is not based in a natural event, such as ET technology. Neither you, or I or anyone else knows. You don't deny ignorance -- you stop at nothing to deny possibilities. Your video is lame, BTW, and the only thing we can hear are people yakking away. You know nothing about energy either. This thread was posted to inform and explore, not to induce fear. If you are fearful, as it appears you are since you are grasping at the most ridiculous explanations in order to calm your fear, too bad for you. Perhaps a bit of maturity on your part would help you get through this frightening time in your life. Thus far, your contributions to this thread and mystery have been laughable.

Mystery? whats mysterious about the majority of threads on ats is what exactly do u get by promoting fear? from the times of hidden_hand on GLP till today, all i see is some doom and gloom scenarios and dates in the near future always amounting to nothing and every time a new date is given which repeats this process all over again, and in the meantime while we're all waiting for those dates to bring us the end of the world, theres always a thread like this one trying to explain the normal earthly events with abnormal extraterrestrial theories or fall short of explaining them altogether and just leave a few hints pointing to the paranormal in order to promote fear and further fear-inclined-ats members orgies

You posted a thread but u did nothing to prevent negative emotions to escalate on this forum, u did completely the opposite by omitting any hint of positivity in all of this

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
In the OP video.. it almost sounds like a train going through a crossing,

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Or it could be simply military aircraft on a mission. But there is no way that such a simple answer is the answer everybody is looking for, as I can tell by most of the theories.

It's because that particular simple answer does not fit all the parameters of what people are experiencing. It is not, therefore, the answer. Military aircraft cannot explain shaking ground, 15-20 minute long LOUD rumbling, interrupted phone and power service, etc. There comes a point at which we have to accept the fact that Occam's razor just doesn't work -- it's a concept that many rely on to ignore and deny further exploration of the unknown.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Rumbling Now in the sky.....Seriously is this happening

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
Rumbling Now in the sky.....Seriously is this happening

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is your connection/point here?

I did read your thread i'm not sure i understand the link tho

edit on 22-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

It's because that particular simple answer does not fit all the parameters of what people are experiencing. It is not, therefore, the answer. Military aircraft cannot explain shaking ground, 15-20 minute long LOUD rumbling, interrupted phone and power service, etc. There comes a point at which we have to accept the fact that Occam's razor just doesn't work -- it's a concept that many rely on to ignore and deny further exploration of the unknown.

I have personally felt the ground shake from aircraft. They can shake everything. They can make life miserable for you. The aircraft were probably spaced apart a distance. This explains the continuous noise. But hey, it is more fun to think of the unknown. The interupted power and phone services could be a coincidence. I have had phone and power problems before.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Mystery? whats mysterious about the majority of threads on ats is what exactly do u get by promoting fear? from the times of hidden_hand on GLP till today, all i see is some doom and gloom scenarios and dates in the near future always amounting to nothing and every time a new date is given which repeats this process all over again, and in the meantime while we're all waiting for those dates to bring us the end of the world, theres always a thread like this one trying to explain the normal earthly events with abnormal extraterrestrial theories or fall short of explaining them altogether and just leave a few hints pointing to the paranormal in order to promote fear and further fear-inclined-ats members orgies

You posted a thread but u did nothing to prevent negative emotions to escalate on this forum, u did completely the opposite by omitting any hint of positivity in all of this

I just wrote a lengthy response. However, in keeping with my attempts at being nicer, I've deleted it and just decided to agree to disagree with you. Thanks for responding.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join