It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first issues with the Bible.

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIsraelite777

So I am guessing that it is your opinion that all other religions are worshipping satan, they just don't know it?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

The majority of Christianity will not make it into kingdom for 3 simple reasons. 1. They can't stop practicing pagan holidays [Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Halloween], 2. they eat unclean foods[Pork, catfish, etc], and 3. they don't keep the commandments. Jesus said if you want to enter into eternal life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

1)Christmas,Easter,Good Friday are Christian holidays not Pagan.
2) No, those were the Jews( Gods chosen people) who ate unclean food. Not Christians
3)What commandments are you talking about? Here, this is what Jesus said:

Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I think you may be taking these passages a little out of context and mixing up what was expected from the Jews and now the Christians and the new covenant.

The BIBLE even says not to practice Xmas. Jesus's birthday is NOT in the Bible. It does hint around to what day he was born, and it wasn't in the winter. It was either in the spring, or summer, that's according to scripture. Xmas has to do with sun worship. It has to do with a pagan deity named Nimrod. Nimrod is mentioned in the Bible. He kingdom was the kingdom of Babel. The tower that they built that reached unto heaven. THIS IS FACT. No matter what you say, or your pastor, THIS IS HISTORY. You cannot change history.

Jeremiah 10:2-5 (King James Version)

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

As for Easter and Good friday, I'm about to debunk them in about 30 seconds. According to Daniel 9:24-27, Jesus would have died on a WEDNESDAY. Not friday, cause it said, and I quote, "And in the midst of the week he[Jesus] shall cause sacrifice and oblation to cease." So where did Good friday come from? Hmm, I wonder. And according to Matthew 12:39-40, Jesus needed to be in the grave for 3 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS. He would have to have died in the evening, and rose early in the morning. Let's all count and do simple math. Friday evening, Saturday evening, Sunday morning. That's 1 and a half days. Where's the other 1 and a half days? No, according to the Bible, Jesus died on Wednesday and rose Saturday. That's 3 days and 3 nights, AND THAT'S ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE. Easter is not in the Bible, neither is good friday.

EVERYONE, GO HERE TO LEARN ABOUT THE PAGANISM. These holidays will cost you your salvation. Don't let those Christians deceive you. GO CHECK THIS STUFF OUT YOURSELVES!

www.goodnewsaboutgod.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ammocase

Originally posted by Theophorus

The majority of Christianity will not make it into kingdom for 3 simple reasons. 1. They can't stop practicing pagan holidays [Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, Halloween], 2. they eat unclean foods[Pork, catfish, etc], and 3. they don't keep the commandments. Jesus said if you want to enter into eternal life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

1)Christmas,Easter,Good Friday are Christian holidays not Pagan.
2) No, those were the Jews( Gods chosen people) who ate unclean food. Not Christians
3)What commandments are you talking about? Here, this is what Jesus said:

Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
Matthew 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I think you may be taking these passages a little out of context and mixing up what was expected from the Jews and now the Christians and the new covenant.

Actually, christmas and easter have pagan roots dating far back to before jesus. Everything from the basic idea of celeberation of that holiday, to the actual date, was already in use by "pagan" religions and cults.

Its all part of history, one group of people take customs and traditions from others, same as their religious practices.
Heres a link explaining some of it.
godkind.org...

Exactly, thank you!

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerstellarOne
Jesus is the lord of commandments and the sabbath.
We dont have to run to God with a fat calf or a pidgeon in todays society as a sacrifice of our sins, Thank GOD!.

Were living in the period of grace.

Grace or no grace you will still go to the lake of fire if you are a sinner.

Romans 6:1-4 (King James Version)

1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Paul says, when we come under grace, we are supposed to walk in NEWNESS OF LIFE. That means keeping the laws, statutes, commandments, holy days, and the faith in Jesus, otherwise you got dead faith.

Romans 6:15-16 (King James Version)

15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Romans 3:31 (King James Version)

31Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Grace/faith does not void the law. I don't care who told you that, THE BIBLE SAYS THIS.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why do you equate satan with paganism? They don't even believe in satan, let alone worship satan....

This is the brainwashing technique used, TKDRL. It is virtually pounded into the heads of the children that anyone not a Christian must be a Satan worshiper. How do I know this? Because it was pounded into my own head at one time. Along with other "facts" too, such as:
Jesus wrote the New Testament just as it is.
God is three males, there are no female deities in heaven.
Anything called a Goddess is a Harlot, and the Whore of Babylon.
Jesus died for my sins, but I have to ask every day of my life for forgiveness of them anyway.
I am not to, in any way, question God, Jesus, or the Bible.
Sex is a sin, and only married people can do it without going to Hell.
Masturbation is also a sin, you are damned straight to Hell for that one.

These are but a few, and I didn't make anything up, either. I was forced to attend a Church of God church until such a time I had too many questions, and became too hard to control.

The other difference about me is that I actually use scripture to back up anything I say. Sex is not a sin, fornication is a sin. You can have sex and still keep the commandments. See, in the eyes of God, according to the Bible, You are only truly married when you lay with someone. That seals the deal. If you lay with someone without the intention of marrying them, you have just committed fornication. You have Jesus, you have the Father, and you have the Holy Spirit. But it is not A TRINITY. The only sin about masturbation is lustful thoughts. You MUST hold a solemn assembly on the sabbath day. Not Sunday. You ARE supposed to question stuff. If you don't question it, like billions of others, you will be deceive. Billions of Christians follow something, and they don't even question it. Some of them even knows something is wrong with their religion, but still they keep following it, because they were raised that way, or everyone else is doing it. If you follow the world, you are going to follow the world right into the lake of fire. Now I'm sorry that's not what you all wanted to hear, but that's what the Bible says. I teach what's in the Bible. I can't teach anything else but that.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

If that's the case, then how can you know if you are actually worshiping God? What if Satan wrote the Bible to deviate people from the true path, writing about himself making other religions so that you never suspect that you are actually on the path straight to Hell?

You see, I feel like many Christians give way too much power to Satan. He has the power to make EVERY other religion, deviate just about anyone from God, and can basically do whatever he wants within the realm that God supposedly created for humans to live in.

If we just admitted that Satan didn't exist and that God accepts all those who are righteous, we may begin to move in the right direction.

Hey, Revelation 12:9 says Satan deceived the whole world. I agree. Do Christians keep the laws, statutes, commandments, holy days, and the faith in Jesus? NO! Then they have dead faith. Cause according to James 2:14-24, faith without works is dead.

Revelation 12:9 (King James Version)

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

James 2:14-24 (King James Version)

14What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

15If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

So I am guessing that it is your opinion that all other religions are worshipping satan, they just don't know it?

That's about the gist of it yes. See, Satan is more clever than anyone suspects. He is so clever he deceived the whole entire world. Look, if this angel was able to deceived 1/3 of the angels in heaven, what makes you think he can't deceive the entire world? Trust me when I say, things are not what they seem.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That's about all I needed to know, thanks. You do realize there are plenty of religions that are way older than the bible right?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Another question I posted a while back, only one person responded. This very question I have asked priests before, and was thrown out of churches for being satan spawn or some such nonsense....

Assuming the bible is the truth:
The bible states, humanity was wiped out, except for a few people on the ark. Where did all the hundreds of other religions come from? IF that was true, there should only be one religion now. Those people on the boat would be telling their kids about it, and passed on from generation to generation to generation. So why is there so many religions now? Religions that worship no god at all, to religions that worship many gods. How could that be?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It could actually be explained (though, the diversity of the gene pool doesn't make sense given two survivors. The species would die out for various reasons, but that's besides the point.)

Everyone knows that sons do not always follow in the footsteps of their fathers. All it takes is dissent after dissent, and eventually there would be many religions.

But, as I stated in parentheses, I don't personally see enough diversity in the gene pool of two individuals as enough to repopulate the earth. It doesn't explain the various genetic differences throughout the world, etc.

I think the only thing that would explain it is if it wasn't the whole world that was flooded, and just part of it, as might happen in a natural disaster involving the breaking of a sea-wall of some kind. The various passing on of the Noah story probably altered it considerably.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

It has been a while for me reading the bible, but I am pretty sure that it was more than one generation on the boat. But still, if you knew what happened, you would make sure they knew about it, and there would be no deviation from religion in the coming generations.

If the bible is the word of god, and he told that the whole world was going to be flooded, than either the whole world was flooded, or god is a liar. These are the kinds of things that made me question the bible when I was young, and priests refused to discus it. They would just call me names and tell me to # off.

I was seriously considering converting at the time, I read the bible from front to back more than once. When I had questions, I would go to a priest and ask, as they are supposed to be knowledgable of the bible. After much venom spewed, I figured screw it, I will stick with my own nontheistic religion, even the learned men of the bible can't explain what I would like to know.
edit on Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:34:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

interesting concept or theory. Satan is known as the bad guy, Jesus the good guy. Who are you told to follow? One could only ponder they are the same. Satan was one of God's favorites. Christains are great at puzzling as well. The book is a puzzle/metaphoric etc. and Christmas (mas) means more in Latin/ Spanish. Christ-more as in more than one? Christ-more as in returning? returning to power? Always an open mind I try to keep...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The bible, it's purpose: To give a positive direction for a person. Miss uses: The modern day city has used this to weaken families and strengthen towns and cities. It is used to prey on those by, disputing different beliefs, others use it as a guide to be the hand of God (not advised), If it is not read regularly, communities pass judgements to those who refuse, if read, the communtity uses it for refernce in rewarding and toying with its citizens for inner pleasure.

to some it up, many loose their morals over it fighting to inforce the use, live the guide, see their way, and accept the mark or a savior. Something to think on....

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I do have an issue about the bible. Its not the inconsistencies or its flaws,its the sacred position it occupies in society.
Millions of people regard this book as holy about god, yet how many have read it? For those who haven't, if they did, would they still regard it as so?

Young children are given copies of this book yet some of the incidents it describes and tales it tells are both shocking, base even to an adult. eg getting people to convert and when the men are circumcised and weakened they and their families get slaughtered. The story about the concubine (regardless of its supposedly esoteric meaning), would never be regarded as 'sacred' were it told today, in fact it would probably be censored.

We dip into its 'nice' stories - Noah and laws Leviticus is popular, and of course the New Testament, currently a bit of reading is being done in The Apocolypse of John. but we exclude its darker side and never discuss just how we actually consider these contents 'sacred and holy'.

We use to use it for taking oaths etc. However the majority of people probably have never read it and, if they did, they would find it describes some hideous and absolutely dishonourable b ehaviourbehaviour, and even seems to condone dishonourable behaviour.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Another question I posted a while back, only one person responded. This very question I have asked priests before, and was thrown out of churches for being satan spawn or some such nonsense....

Assuming the bible is the truth:
The bible states, humanity was wiped out, except for a few people on the ark. Where did all the hundreds of other religions come from? IF that was true, there should only be one religion now. Those people on the boat would be telling their kids about it, and passed on from generation to generation to generation. So why is there so many religions now? Religions that worship no god at all, to religions that worship many gods. How could that be?

Its pretty well known that if the infamous flood actually happened it wasn't a world wide flood...

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The BIBLE even says not to practice Xmas

Show me the verse.

Jesus's birthday is NOT in the Bible

Speaking of Jesus:
Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
Humm, this sounds like a celebration to me.

As for Easter and Good friday, I'm about to debunk them in about 30 seconds. According to Daniel 9:24-27, Jesus would have died on a WEDNESDAY.

Not to be disrespectful, but that seems like the amount of time you actually spent on studying these scriptures, That is in the correct context.Ill let someone else correct you as Ive spent way to much time on this thread already.
peace

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

also to be noted, bearing false witness is stated as a thou shall not. (false witness in anything and I strongly emphasize, ANYTHING)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I would think you got an ear-full of comments in reply to your post, OP...

Here is an issue:
Your inquiry was addressed in general, therefore believers will have their say and non-believers their own say. Believers will defend the word of God, and non-believers will counter-argue with science. Believers will end the negotiations by saying that the name of God is taken in vein and that punishment is upon us. Non-believers will laugh at it. End of learning...

Back to your question, the Bible is a book. The language will reflect cultural marks of the times, periods and locations where it was written and compiled from. The OUR and US could easily be the equivalent of the royal majesty type of self-addressing..a distinct mark of superiority and divine essence...

You could also look into it as a literal plural, whereas God is ONE individual of a SPECIES that was genetically involved in the modifications of various life forms... Much like our modern scientists today, only much more advanced.

You must also remember that the book is a collection of collective thought, and not to be taken absolutely literal. More so, the sources themselves contradict each other often, and many details in the book are representations of real events, while others reflect interpretations of philosophical, cultural, political perspectives. And some, are pure physics.

So, the learning process you initiated is bound to the side that has something to say.

If you want to truly study the ancient texts - any of them - you must remember that ALL of it an interpretation and a translation, therefore NONE of it is to be taken 100% literal without proper research. As per the Bible, research its origins...which are a little older than what Christianity would like the average human to know..

This means that potentially both camps are incorrect, and that's alright too...

Best of luck, especially if you'll limit your research to online forums..

reply to post by ChaosComplex

edit on 25-3-2011 by Danjya because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosComplex

In this passage,God the Father is refering to Jesus Christ-Hence the our is used.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerstellarOne

I think the angel people were wiped out by the flood not David.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join