It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's amazing any 'ol timers' would fall for allowing any flamer to derail this thread with silly bickering whether just out of insecurity or for professional reasons. On topic it looks like people are still contributing anomolous compass readings.

Interesting.

On topic, in simplistic terms my understanding is geologic events can produce magnetic fields also from processes originating from simple friction. Anyone have insight into that?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, eh hemm, not impressed by your massive ignorance. Can you prove to those of us who are not bullies or POS's that you have any validity to whether or not there was a massive pole shift? Or simpletons, I noticed almost to the one in Britain, cannot utilize a simple compass properly. Eh hemmmmmmm.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius

I have always believed that you can tell if a person is Knowlegeable, by the questions they ask, not by the answers they give.

For The Thread Map::: I am in Southwest Arkansas, since my last report, mine is now 3 degrees less, Northeast than exact Northeast as it was. Nice Map work on this Thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Tomorrow I shall dig out my compass and report back here. It's too late to be digging through my stuff now.

I shall let you know if my readings are accurate or not.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Still waiting. Big dipper just now rising in the NE (actually the region described in my earlier posts as the one we would all point to and call True North). I think that I can see Polaris but I am going to give it an hour or so to make sure. I am expecting the needle of my compass to be pointing 12 degrees to the E of this star. Back soon.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hate to ask but can the moderators review this thread and see if there is an attempt to derail it. thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius

why do you not ranting on the ufo pages and see if you can stop them posting stuff or do they need to show you 100 % proof as well. if you do not like it then stay the f out of this topic.

you, mr, are a 100 % troll.. that's the only 100% evidence you have given us so far.

also reported you as a mayor troll on this board and for trying to lure people to harm them..

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

The Big Dipper (Ursa Major) is in the northeast but it should have been well risen by the time it got dark. The pointer stars should be level with or a bit above Polaris.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

That's truly amusing coming from you in this thread who yourself have bullied and purported others ignorance, when there was no ignorance. Now you are a teacher of light, 5 pages ago you were a pundit of mass ignorance, I think you should make up your mind.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 22-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Why are you even belching here and spreading mass ignorance when you are not even part of the experiment, says alot about yourself.

Can someone now show me that there has been any such deviation in the Earths magnetic field based or even remotely related to the OPs observation............

Ignorance is a b-tch isn't it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So does my solution work for the dissenters or not?

Can anyone yet give me an idea if the earthquakes that have shook the axis moved the sky at all on us?

I'd have just assumed not, but hey, I've just taken my compass out into the alley and seen it pointing North East and I'd have assumed that someone more smrt than me would have noticed that too.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK. I found Polaris. Took several, several readings from a level surface. I get 4 degrees W from the Pole Star. Yes, the needle is actually pointing to the West a little. I have calibrated the thing many times. I even set the declination. I am thinking it still must be me. Regardless of my reading I can't help but feel that the fault lies in my bad compass reading skills. Or maybe the compass is not properly calibrated. I gave it my best shot tonight. I will stick with this until I am at least sure that it is not me or the watch. I am sure it will be one of those but I am not sure the info will be relevant by the time I get back to you all. Thank you, Phage for sticking with it and giving me a crash course. I learned a lot filling in the blanks.
I just went out one last time with the declination setting turned off. I got essentially the same thing; 3 degrees W.
I wanted more than anything to come back and tell you that the needle was pointing 12 degrees E and happily join the sane people but that is not the case this evening. I know...Bad Lectroid. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
59 pages is too much to read in the time I have, so please forgive if this has been asked before. If the compasses are "going crazy" how is it we do not have airplanes crashing all over the place and why are the Pilot's not all over the news? What about the ships and boats?

Seems to me that when the anomalies occur and I don't doubt that, they are local phenomena caused by a local outside influence. The fact that the news is not full of this and the Pilots of aircraft and ships are functioning just fine, would tell me it has to be local.

Knowing that, if anyone participating with a compass has an odd reading, they should be finding out what is near them causing it as it would be completely unrelated to any anomaly someone sees in another area.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Last May I graduated from Brown University on a quadruple major. That June I performed open-heart surgery with a toothpick, a magnifying glass, a barbie doll's hair, and a bungee cord.

Following the Mayor's presentation of the key to the city I was thrown a party at a local pub, where I subsequently drank 3 kegs of the darkest brew they had.

The hangover lasted 2 months, but when it was finally over I pulled myself out of bed and flew my TR3b to the North Pole, where I entered the mythical - but real - hollow earth. Once inside I stayed for a couple days in the great city Agartha, which was so graciously named after my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grandmother's mule she used to haul her belongings across 2 continents and through the frigid north, where she established the first 'outer-world' settlement in inner earth.

While trying to return to the outer surface of the planet I had to kill seventeen Agarthan men who were irritated that their daughters were heart broken about my departure. I returned to my place of birth and have been studying calculus and compass mechanics since.

I will go outside in a few with my cosmically accurate compass and let you all know if my findings show any deviation from the norm.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I think most shipping and air traffic uses SatNav these days, rather than magnetic. Can't say that I know that for sure, though. Magnetic anomalies shouldn't affect the satellite signals that GPS is based on, but anyone using both to cross-check ought to notice it.

I'm thinking that my own two (out of four) anomalous readings may just indicate mining opportunities in the ground around Alamance...

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I'm thinking that my own two (out of four) anomalous readings may just indicate mining opportunities in the ground around Alamance...

Well chuck your spear and grab a shovel..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Dude. Giant f#!*! Star. Please write fiction novels so that I may enjoy them and you can become rich.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Well chuck your spear and grab a shovel..

It'd be just my luck that some corporate CEO would get all bent out of shape that I was digging up his pansies, and take the claim away from me by using legal maneuvers... then again, that might all depend on just which direction I chucked that spear in, mightn't it?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Thanks for the encouragement, not hard to come up with a good story when you have great motivation!

Really though, I would like to get to the bottom of this compass deal as much as anyone. Maybe we can get a very good grip on the reality of it all in a few days, when as much info as possible can be checked out by someone who knows how to use those pesky compasses!

Those things are so hard to use, I can hardly believe they ever gave them out to kids, as toys.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join