It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Jumped from page 10 to 60, so I don't know if the original thread was lost or died. However, if someone is still keeping score on the map, I live in Fairfax County in Northern VA., and North is still right where it's supposed to be according to my compass (Suunto MC-1) and my Casio Pro-Trek more or less agrees with it (more or less is the best the Pro-Trek ever gave).

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I started a thread with a theory on why this is happening.
Here
Not many response but no one is debunking it
edit on 23-3-2011 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
jlafleur02, I'll respond at your thread as well, but I wanted to toss this out here because it seems to me this is an appropriate place to post it.

MadDogThe Hunter and all ATSers, I believe this is potentially one of the most significant threads to have been posted here at ATS in some time, this observation of anomolous compass readings. Being as ATS is a 'conspiracy' researching site I would like to offer the following simply as food for thought.

Being as many contributers here at ATS seem to believe that a small core group of extremely well financed and politically powerful people (The Cabal) are now attempting to concentrate their wealth and power on a scale previously unexperienced by mankind I want to follow up in that train of thought.

What if this Cabal (and accomplices), who have been accused of desiring to reduce earth's population and further concentrate their power over a reduced and weakened populace are using EM type WMD's to compete with earth's magnetic field with the goal of reducing earth's food supply through the ability to destroy pollinators and other animals who use their inate ability to follow earth's magnetic fields, disrupt weather patterns to reduce food, enhance natural geological processes for profit and destruction from resulting cataclysisms, and aid 'global warming' for enhanced political control and further reduction goals?

Is it possible that using metallic/other particulate spreading in our skies and ionizing/charging these particles in this effort and setting up poles between ground and sky to create man-made EM fields is causing the abherant compass readings in large regional areas of the world but not in others. This might be one plausible explanation of why we see what we are seeing with all of the various and potentially related signs amonng the animals, the geology, the skies, and the magnetic anomolies.

I realize this may be way too 'far out' for some thinkers here, and I expect from some the usual 'tin foil hat' remarks, but from others here of whom I have read their posts elsewhere on this board and understand their mindset, I would hope they might offer constructive feedback, not just from their left brain 'logical' abilities but coupled with their right brain 'intuitive' abilities as well.

I don't offer this post as 'fact' obviously, only as food for thought just to get an idea where people are and to see if they have any 'intuitive' or other insights on this matter. thanks.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Tecumte because: spelling correction

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
North is still where it should be here, how disappointing.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A select few have attempted to derail/debunk this thread since about page 15 or so. Really, you can't debunk personal experiences on a mass scale. To debunk, is to prove wrong. Unless you're standing next to all the people who reported false compass readings, you can't prove them wrong. To insult people and say they don't know what they're doing,is nonsense. I think instead of trying to be self-righteous, its in everyones best interest to at least try to work together. If you don't believe what people report, ask educated questions or share your own theory with them, instead of having a bad attitude and calling them basically stupid.

With all that said......

My compass has shifted back toward where north "should" be, however is still off by 22 degrees to the East. The compass in southwest Virginia, as of yesterday, also shifted slightly back to north, but still off toward the east. I do not know their exact number.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Every compass that is wrong is pointing wrong the same way.

Sure - that's possible. But then, odds are that that is even more strange.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Does setting the declination cause the needle to point toward true north or does it move a bezel? It's only the needle we're concerned with.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I still don't have an answer here.

People who think that I'm lying, or I'm incapable of reading a red floating point not pointing the same direction as usual....

Would my taking a picture or video of my Garmin Nuvi (gps) with the "car" facing "North" option turned on, and my floating point compass in the same shot work for you?

I'm trying to get a reading here on what it would take for people who doubt what I'm telling them to actually believe that what I'm saying is true.

Not everywhere I go is the compass off - but it sure is in some places, and it is consistently off in my neighbourhood. It is consistently off in the same direction at the same angle when it has been off in other locations. Apparently, I live in the Bermuda Triangle of the Canadian Prairies.

I seriously would have never noticed this if I hadn't had compasses for my children around, and just happened to play with one in November just because I like to check myself sometimes about where North is. I've been trying see if I can teach myself not to be lost - I have no internal compass.

My husband on the other hand is one of those people, like most of you probably, who has that a bigger deposit of that tiny bit of manganese in your nose that works like a compass for your brain. He says that he finds it very odd that our compass is off in our area, but his internal compass still tells him that North is in the right direction. (the more he's been thinking about this, the stranger it seems to him too.)

Weather forecast for Southern Alberta remains cloudy and snowy for the next week.
edit on 2011/3/23 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am new to this site, and I've been reading mostly, but this thread is very interesting. I'm in Jacksonville, FL and on my Compass on my EVO android phone, North is where it is suppossed to be.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I am aware the readings I get from time to time sound absurd. I am an avid Backpacker and rely on my compass. I spend time during the spring and summer navigating the forests of northwest montana. I use a SUUNTO M3D compass. I plan to buy a new compass to make sure my equip is not malfunctioning.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You kinda ansered you own question there...your GPS compass in your car points to true north....

and your holding a mag north device...now you need to check your declination in that area...to see if it matchs..

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
reply to post by Aeons

You kinda ansered you own question there...your GPS compass in your car points to true north....

and your holding a mag north device...now you need to check your declination in that area...to see if it matchs..

It doesn't. I can move out of my area, and the magnetic compass moves to magnetic North. In my area, the compass points northeast.

But some people seem to be under the impression that people who are seeing this might be insane or incapable. So, I'm wondering if a picture of the two devices is enough to convince people that I am credible.

I can remove the GPS from the car, so that the interior of the car isn't throwing off the reading of the magnetic compass. I can go to a schoolyard, so that I don't give everyone on the board my exact coordinates, which are I can display so that you can check me.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

And also keep in mind a cars GPS has a huge allowance of reading...I'll break it down...

If your GPS is broken down to read
N
NE
E
SE
S
SW
W
NW
that means it will not switch from north "reading" until it is past the half way point to the next graduated mark or a plus minus 22 degree tolerance....meaning you can be facing 22 degrees off north to the east and its still gonna tell you ..your facing north...
What Im getting at is its not an extremely accurate device...and is by the manufacturers standards, accurate within 9 feet or 3 meters, as to your true location/position.

What I get frustated with is that you just "know" where true north is and wont take anyones advice to check true north, from proven methods, provided by..me, phage, and...many others....

the gps in your car is not magnetic...it is pointless to remove it....its satelite aligned to true north...
edit on 23-3-2011 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have a Bosun's certificate. I know how to use a compass. I've navigated on in the San Juan Strait, which is full of sand bars.

I can't give you Polaris in a picture shot. I have clouds and snow for the next week. You can check www.theweathernetwork.com for the forecast in Southern Alberta if you'd like to check me on that.

I'm trying to get a good idea on what I can do that would give you the proof you need that would you see what I'm seeing.

I was going to remove the GPS so that I could take it to a field and put it with the magnetic compass, as the interior of my car throws off the magnetic compass. I wasn't suggesting that my GPS is thrown of by my car. My floating point is thrown off by the car interior. If I wanted to get a picture of the two devices together, I was going to remove them both from the inflence of my car's interior.

Then I could take a picture of the two devices, maybe even in several locations, so that you can see the device moves.

If you have another way for me to SHOW you, when I've got clouds for the next week....I'm game.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

A picture of a sun dial "which is used to find true north" and/or a picture of Polaris...with your compass aimed @ it..showing the "off" reading....as for location declination....we can piece that together..

Not a picture of a really bad car gps trying to align it with a mag needle compass..

You know easily made proof, from full proof proven methods .....not uncle bobs tree, or someones house...or a street...or a silly gps..
Im not saying you dont have annomalous readings...but they would not stand up at all to even a grade school class..as proof....
I want you to prove this...NOT for me...Im on your side....prove it, document it...
Im willing to bet if your getting anomalous reading and prove it, a local news crew would love that proof, and you could remain anonymous.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

I can't give you Polaris. It's snowing here for the next week straight.

What else. What else can I give you all so you can see the two things in the same shot?

I don't give a rat's patootie about a news crew. I have absolutely no intention of chatting with them. I can give you coordinates from my gps, so that if anyone else, including a news crew wants to go out and check they can.

The one station won't have to go far. There main office is only a couple of blocks away.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

the gps in your car is not magnetic...it is pointless to remove it....its satelite aligned to true north...

Not really. Most GPS units (including the Nuvi) don't have a compass of any sort and the satellites can't tell it what direction it's pointed.

If you aren't moving, a GPS doesn't know where north is. They calculate the direction of motion. If you are moving slowly slight differences in the position calcs (accuracy) will provide an incorrect heading.
edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Blaine91555

Every compass that is wrong is pointing wrong the same way.

Sure - that's possible. But then, odds are that that is even more strange.

Aeons, are you sure they are all pointing wrong the same way? I was under the impression from reading earlier posts in this thread that some were pointing NW some E some NE ect. was this just due to the location of the person measuring though, and not corrected for location, I would have to go back through the thread. Also I was under the impressoin a few contributers posted pretty fair swings in the readings even in slightly different directions even in a relatively short time frame. Anyone recall and has anyone been keeping track?

I posted a 'general' compass reading from Mid Missouri not long ago that relayed that I couldn't see any difference in N here from where I ususally expect it to be. This wasn't meant to be scientific on my part, but I shall try and get a more accurate measurement and see just how many (if any ) degrees it is off. I just recently had my rural property surveyed with a N/S line across an open field and I think the surveyors had the coordinates listed in an official survey, Possibly I can use that as a reference and see how far off my compass is anyone have thought on that?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

At least some people here are willing to find a way to document some evidence, that is always a good sign

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Not really. Most GPS units (including the Nuvi) don't have a compass of any sort and the satellites can't tell it what direction it's pointed.

If you aren't moving, a GPS doesn't know where north is. They calculate the direction of motion. If you are moving slowly slight differences in the position calcs (accuracy) will provide an incorrect heading.
edit on 3/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Hm... I have a setting that will show where North is by having the image of the car point North.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join