It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I am in northwest montana, Whitefish to be exact, the time is 5:01pm on march 22 2011 my compass is pointing almost due east about 75 deg. Earlier in the day it was pointing northwest about 320 deg. at 11:21 am

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by kdog1982

No.
Sound does not affect electrons.

Exciting the electrons of an atom does not not create a magnetic "charge" (there is no such thing).

There is some evidence that earthquakes may be associated with fluctuations of the Earth's magnetic field. The fluctuations are very slight (requiring very sensitive instruments to detect them).

Then why would HAARP use a fluxgate magnetometer and an induction magnetometer to study the
effects on the ionosphere when they shoot their radio waves at it.To study the effects on the magnetosphere.
Sound waves and radio waves are two different things.
So I was just wondering if they were doing that,if it might,someway affect a compass.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius
reply to post by nenothtu

A Tesla is equal to 10^4 Gauss, I'm suspect of classes you got edumacated in to not know that. The only thing suspect I would say is your "expertise".
edit on 22-3-2011 by Liberterius because: (no reason given)

I'm not entirely sure why I should care what you "suspect". You've come in here like a mad woman slinging crap with a sock, and telling me what a "tesla" equates to may be the first and only constructive thing you've said.

What "expertise" are you referring to? Care to compare resumes and school transcripts, so you can come out on top of the heap? I KNOW what mine are - I'm not sure of yours. THAT could be pretty educational for me. How about it?

Maybe you could start by telling me what my field of "expertise" is...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have bachelors degrees in Pure Mathematics (theoretical as Brits call it) and Physics, no minors, both majors. If you don't know what a Tesla is I don't see why I should continue this conversation or take anything you have to say seriously. Is that plain enough?

Again you are the turd or firth person to say I am slinging, or doing anything, aside from being 100% forthright and honest about what is the truth. If my facts do not fit your mis-information, trust me, it is not I who am "slinging" anything. Go and play now child.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

HAARP transmits high frequency radio. Radio waves don't really have any effect on magnetism.

A Tesla coil might affect compasses near to it but it would also create a lot of radio interference that people would be likely to notice. The FCC doesn't take kindly to that kind of thing.

A 40 ton magnet would affect compasses close enough to it. I don't know how close but call it 1 mile just for fun (I doubt it would be even close to that). It would be pretty easy to locate it, it would be it's own homing device. Everyone's compass would point to it. You could drive around with a compass and find it.

edit on 3/22/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I thought systems like HAARP also are said to be able to produce ELF waves. Can't the system be adjusted to do that? And we hear alot about EM weapons and other systems. If these are electromagnetic in nature what possibly would their effect be? I don't see at all why with the broad array of potential devices, configurations and systems out there that they couldn't affect some compasses even when not in close proximity.

And too one last thing, I seem to recall someone posted an article here at ATS about some entity placing a manmade magnetic (EM?) configuration at the pole somewhere to take the place of a wandering one. Was this just fantasy (or rather was this GPS based)? And if not wouldn't that suggest the very thing were talking about? Thoughts?
edit on 22-3-2011 by Tecumte because: spelling correction

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius

LOL Liberterius: SWEETHEART, I am from the Bible belt of Georgia.....I'd call the anti-christ sweetheart and then bless his little dark putred heart if he was standing in front of me just so as not to be rude lol (not calling you the anti christ, just to clear that up so there is no misunderstanding). Just how we peaches are

We don't "float like a butterfly and sting like a bee." We simply offer you the sweet peach nectar, then hogtie you, give you a "faulty" compass to find your way home, and let those fiesty bees lick the nectar off you face. Awww man, I now know why my compass is off!!! I'm using my "other" one (dripping with LOADS of sarcasm).

]
edit on 22-3-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
im in north central indiana ,went and found three compasses i have .set them due north and minutes later all pointed 340 degrees,than back again.last night awakened by non rolling thunder.told girlfriend about it than learned later on that others heard same.very strange

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jollygrngiant
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I am in northwest montana, Whitefish to be exact, the time is 5:01pm on march 22 2011 my compass is pointing almost due east about 75 deg. Earlier in the day it was pointing northwest about 320 deg. at 11:21 am

Interesting. I have little doubt of your ability to correctly make the distinction between such a vast difference, (and I wouldn't be so assuming as to doubt your honesty) but can you assure any doubters here that you have read your compass correctly? thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

No.
Sound does not affect electrons.

Acoustic charge transport.

focus.aps.org...

As the sound waves move, this creates a novel way of transporting electrons--and therefore electric signals--from one place to another in a semiconductor.

prb.aps.org...

A powerful surface acoustic wave can transport charge along a quasi-one-dimensional channel defined in a piezoelectric semiconductor in packets confined to the minima of the wave’s electrostatic potential. The interaction between electrons can suppress fluctuation in the number of electrons in a packet, resulting in a current that is proportional to the surface acoustic wave (SAW) frequency. This effect has been observed experimentally and is presently being considered as a possible route towards a standard of electric current. Here we present further study of this acoustic charge transport. The main finding is that a weak counterpropagating SAW beam can be used to improve the precision of the current delivered by the device.

Food for thought at least.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jollygrngiant

Not to mention the reading you are giving would place you in the artic circle ...or "compass dont work" land, ie...too close to the pole....

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The magnetometers at HAARP (any many other places on the planet) are used to monitor the magnetic field on an ongoing basis.

The ionospheric heater can be used to induce ELF and VLF radiation in the ionosphere. The strength of the magnetic component of that radiation is very weak, measured in picoteslas near the facility. It cannot affect a compass. Even if it could, it is an oscillating field, not a fixed bipolar field. It would (if it were strong enough) cause the compass needle to wiggle back and forth at the frequency of the signal, not swing off to one side or the other.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

It makes sense you are in Georgia now, I have been there as well, I spent the better part of 2000-2002 there, "learning" things from the Army ( Benning ) my MOS was 11-B. What they didn't realize is that the only true thing I learned there is how wonderful and kind the people of Georgia truly are. I'm from Hawaii originally and Washington now and I can honestly say I would happily have a room for anyone who disagrees with me here. The reason being: My experience in Georgia. Probably the nicest most caring people I have ever met in the US. If any of you are not aware of Savannah during ST. Patty's day, I feel sorry for you. Please go there.

But learn how to read your MF compasses first!!!!!!!!!!

And don't be a jerk Honey you don't really believe I'm the anti-Christ or comparable, c'mon.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberterius

I have bachelors degrees in Pure Mathematics (theoretical as Brits call it) and Physics, no minors, both majors.

And I'm the King of Siam. We can say anything at all without the papers to back it up, now can't we? Get that degree at some diploma mill? Mine came from The University of NC. Physics. I'm also certified in Electronic Tech, and again in Electronic Engineering - the first from a tech school in 1979, the second from a community college in 1983. Not quite as impressive as yours - maybe. What school WAS that again?

If you don't know what a Tesla is I don't see why I should continue this conversation or take anything you have to say seriously. Is that plain enough?

I don't see why you should, either, and an mystified as to why you ARE. Does it get lonely where you are or something? I note that your alleged "superior intellect" along with a buck thirty-five will get you a cup of coffee at McDonalds.

I also note that you seem to have difficulty in the practical application of your alleged "Theoretical Math" degree.

Again you are the turd or firth person to say I am slinging, or doing anything, aside from being 100% forthright and honest about what is the truth. If my facts do not fit your mis-information, trust me, it is not I who am "slinging" anything. Go and play now child.

Nice. Them as can, DO. Them as can't, sling insults to cover that fact. SHOW my "mis-information". Don't just refer to it vaguely, SHOW it. Remind me where I gave out "mis-information".

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Haaaaaa, you're a sweetheart Nenothu, yes I have my degrees (UW) and you have yours. I'm still suspect brother you never heard of a freaking Tesla, heh heh. Sure yours wasn't in Political Science? Hee heeee teasing, I do not lie, I am a jerk, I think you're a jerk for never hearing of a Tesla. Now what's your point! Haaaaaaa. How does this relate to people not being for their ever loving Christ able to read a compass........ I'm gonna get my guitar now and play American Pie, and still wait for your point. Because, I think alot of people here dont understand how to use a freaking COMPASS, but thanks for you little pee pee. It seems to me thou are jealous or uneducated, don't care either way. My degrees are on the wall. Now go and play child.

edit on 22-3-2011 by Liberterius because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You're right, I misspoke. In piezoelectric materials vibrations can produce an electrical current, movement of electrons. In my defense, it isn't really "exciting" the electrons.

Oh, I see kdog1982 edited his post to change it from sound to radio. In that case I was right. The piezoelectric effect requires mechanical motion, it is not induced by electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well,for me,I just have an associate degree in electronics from 25 years ago,so I'm re-learning
some of that stuff they taught us back then since I never use it.
Heck,my first job was fixing pac-man games and those fighter jet games with a big ol' lasar disc
running it.
Bringing back memories anyone?
But I was just thinking,sometimes things become magnetize if exposed to it for along time.
Example,I deal with electro-mechanical relays.
Over time some of this old relays develope a residual magnetism.
So I simply take it apart,slam it hard on concrete a few times and it realigns the poles
in the metal that has been affected.
It's an old elevator trick we use on the armature of a relay.

Anyways,if in doubt of your compass,smash it on the ground and get a new one.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberterius
[more

Liberterius: I grew up in Dublin, Georgia and is where ALL my family (whether I claim them or not lol) still resides and extremely disappointed I missed the St. Patty's festival there this year. It's a HUGE deal in Dublin. I currently though, live in NC for the time being. My hubby was also 11-B and was with the 75th Rangers before that and we were stationed there for 5 years. He changed his MOS though, which puts us here.

But with all that said, you still need to learn some MF (mighty fine) manners!!!! The only way I am ever going to relinquish the conversation to you and allow you to yell checkmate (so you can think you have won), is if you start showing a little more respect in this thread lol. It's simple really. The rest of your posts are moot with me. You can disagree all you want, just do it respectfully.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If you have the patience that will work with a bar of steel. Line it up N/S and start banging on it with a hammer. You'll get a magnet.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

I'm not simple enough or a freaking child to think I won anything my lady. I want to see actual PROOF there is something up with peoples magnetic reading anomalies. Otherwise there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to this thread. FYI I was 25th infantry with Ranger badge. You know what that means, and makes me no more reliable than anyone here.

Your hubby changing his MOS just goes to show how intelligent he is, as most Rangers are (I think) and you know what I mean. I taught kids Calculus before I even joined the Army and joined ON PURPOSE 11-B. 99.99% of people here wouldn't have the first idea what we are talking about. So yes, I know how to utilize a compass.
edit on 22-3-2011 by Liberterius because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

You're right, I misspoke. In piezoelectric materials vibrations can produce an electrical current, movement of electrons. In my defense, it isn't really "exciting" the electrons.

Oh, I see kdog1982 edited his post to change it from sound to radio. In that case I was right. The piezoelectric effect requires mechanical motion, it is not induced by electromagnetic radiation.

Yes I did edit my post when I realized you said sound and I meant to say radio waves,my fault and
I apologize and will pay closer attention to what I post.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join