It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: 'Code' Found in Latest bin Laden Video Could be Hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I don't beliive anyone here has accused NEIN, or Ms. St. Claire of doctoring the tape. We, like yourself would like to have a better understanding of where it came from, how the code was found, and why NEIN is no longer running the story on their site.

I have to echo muppet's questions for Ms. Jill St. Claire. Not because I am a skeptic per se, but because there are too many unanswered questions.

I found several references to the "tape" in the Free Republic threads you linked to, but not answers, just echos of similar questions as those posed here.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Almost without doubt, it's hexadecimal:

1ab02d188bc35723620e2406b7234504

For what it's worth, the binary equivalent:

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
here is what its translated to

�-‹�W#b$�#E

search.yahoo.com...

and backwards
E#�$b#W�;931#&-�
search.yahoo.com...

the search on yahoo does not come up with an exact match

[edit on 22-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A test image, showing the original frame on the left, and a example of what a single generation of jpg compression, at 60% quality, looks like. Judge for yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I don't beliive anyone here has accused NEIN, or Ms. St. Claire of doctoring the tape. We, like yourself would like to have a better understanding of where it came from, how the code was found, and why NEIN is no longer running the story on their site.

I have to echo muppet's questions for Ms. Jill St. Claire. Not because I am a skeptic per se, but because there are too many unanswered questions.

I found several references to the "tape" in the Free Republic threads you linked to, but not answers, just echos of similar questions as those posed here.

Here are some more links:

www.freerepublic.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

www.freerepublic.com...

And, if you had looked at the links that I previously provided, you would have seen that the original came from here:

members.lycos.co.uk...

And, the Freeper that sent that image should have explained (and which is common knowledge at FR) that StillProud2BeFree (a poster at FR) is Laura Mansfield...so excuse me if I assumed that you knew.

And, although no explanation nor justification is necessary, the image was taken down at the request of Federal officials, although NEIN can post and take down whatever they like.

Look, we are in the biggest and God forbid, but perhaps the most deadly war ever known to mankind. Most of us spend countless hours voluntarily scouring Arabic forums post by post. What is posted is not always going to be accurate, but posting a hoax defeats the point and the purpose of why we do this on our time. Credibility is critical, if we plan on trying to save lives.

My site, www.homelandsecurityus.net and NEIN's are monitored daily by US Intelligence and Military. To post something as a hoax is absurd to to say the least!

I probably will not be back posting here again! Thanks for your time...

Jill

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ummm lycos link does not work and you still have not answered any questions on your own, nor in my u2u. Oh well God Bless Ya.

Wait a minute.....

At freepers Laura said this:

Free Republic
To: DAVEY CROCKETT

I'm sorry, Davey that is just not correct. I found that myself and turned it in to the JTTF more than 24 hours ago. Jill St. Claire will verify that.

1,538 posted on 07/21/2004 3:11:02 PM PDT by StillProud2BeFree

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

But you claimed YOU found it...
What YOU have to understand is that I found this Monday night, and I forwarded a copy to Laura Mansfield because I do not read nor understand Arabic. The original link is at Threat Matrix on Free Republic.

Which is it?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Jill, I did look at the the threads, but didn't see anything. Those threads you are posting are extremely long, and don't pertain solely to this issue.

Also the lycos link you give is no longer valid. I'm sorry I don't follow FR so I have no idea of the user names people use.

If you could post a working link to the video it would be helpful. If that's not possible, then maybe some information about the clip. It's name, it's file size, it's format etc.

You have to understand the purpose of this site is to separate the truth from the hoaxes. As you know at times like this we must all be on guard. That means we need to be sure before making dangerous assumptions based on fraudulent evidence.

Please don't take this personally.. we are simply looking to confirm the story, and for that we need more background information.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Look, this is absolutely senseless....

For the last time, THIS is my answer:

1. The link does not work, because HELLO links to jihadi videos NEVER stay up more than a few hours on the net....if you monitored the forums, you would know that!

2. I found the video, sent it to Laura for translation, as well as to the JTTF.

3. Laura found the code (which is on more that just that one frame, as well as another video), and the info on the code was forwarded to the same contact at the JTTF.

4. The Freeper sent the image on the 21st....I had it on the 20th and so did the JTTF. They had the code in the wee hours of the 21st.

Why don;t you ask your Freeper buddy where the hell they got it???

Delete my membership....I don't have time for this crap! Not many places piss me off...but ATS has indeed done that...

Good evening all!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jill St Claire
Look, this is absolutely senseless....
For the last time, THIS is my answer:
Delete my membership....I don't have time for this crap! Not many places piss me off...but ATS has indeed done that...

Good evening all!

And yet ANOTHER non-answer by a frustrated indevidual incapable of deciphering reality from propaganda... Sad really....

m...

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, your level of "pissed-off-ness" doesn't really factor into this. Nobody made you come over here.

Okay, we have established the trail of the image. And for the time being, I don't see any reason for us to question what you have said.

Can you address the findings of DramaticPause? Is this the reason the report and image were pulled from NEIN? Because it was found that this was just spurious header code that had accidentally shown up in the image due to error in file transfer or such?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I would personally like them, NEIN that is, to release their last Intel Alert "Publicly" to see what Everyone would have to say. So this apparently has gone nowhere with her insight. I'm sure someone must have saved this video to their hard drive, until we can actually verify the video exists, which I have only seen screen shots, I have to believe that it was "Inserted" after the fact.

Why would you post a link to something that does not exist???

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wait a minute...maybe there IS a reason to question your statements above:

From Free Republic:

"To: DAVEY CROCKETT

I'm sorry, Davey that is just not correct. I found that myself and turned it in to the JTTF more than 24 hours ago. Jill St. Claire will verify that.

1,538 posted on 07/21/2004 3:11:02 PM PDT by StillProud2BeFree
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1531 | View Replies ]"

So, there seems to be a discrepancy.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm curious about something. If you are here to defend NEIN and speak for them, can you address certain issues that certain ATSNN reporting staff have had concerns about but have had the discretion to not publically call NEIN to task about? (That's probably a fairly good point to make at this time since you are over here bad-mouthing this forum.)

Are you prepared to put some type of backing behind the outlandish, alarmist and sensationalist reports that NEIN has made in their latest newsletter? Reports that to date no one has found a bit of substance with which to back them? Are you prepared to address the story NEIN has made a profit from that reads like a cheap knock-off of a Tom Clancy story, but has no named source to back - not a single recorded event to verify?

I am assuming that your flat rejection to interview with one of the ATSNN staff is due to the fact you might not be able to adequately answer both the discrepancies raised concerning the origin of this image/code, as well as the potential queries concerning the NEIN "pay-for-read" story?

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'll answer that, No I'm just going back to freepers to tell them how I put You guys in place..... Oh well let us not stoop to that level. I would however like to release....ahhh nevermind

Did I just contradict myself?? Oh well

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yes, apparently Ms. St Claire, you have assumed that showing off for you friends at Free Republic, while not answering a single question concerning the discrepancies in your statements, or the ethical issues surrounding NEIN's tactics of late, is of the top priority.

Well, irrespective of what you think you have accomplished here, there is a wealth of individuals on this site who can actually comprehend what they read, as well as pick-up on what is not said.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The previous information posted here was proven to have no effect to the analysis of when the code may have been added. Thank you JB1 and Muppet.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
TMT, embossing and/or sharpening aren't designed for any of that, nor are they useful tools when it comes to figuring out at what stage the text was added.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I have the video. Where would you like me to send it?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by news4u02
I have the video. Where would you like me to send it?

Probably the best thing to do is host is somewhere. if you don't have somewhere to put it u2u me and I'll try to arrange some space, or I can give you an email address to send it to.

In the mean time, it would really help us all out here in you post some details about the video. Specifically..

What format is it?
How big is the file?
How long is the video (how many minutes and seconds)?
How, or where did you find the file?

edit : please also make sure you provide the complete video file, in exactly the format it was found.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
TMT, embossing and/or sharpening aren't designed for any of that, nor are they useful tools when it comes to figuring out at what stage the text was added.

I'll agree with you there in that they are both non-linear filters which do degrade the information content of the image. They can highlight an issue if you already know it's there, but as you say they are not good tools for the initial analysis.

To just clarify though, I made the assertion that this image was not encoded as part of the video, and I stand by that statement. There a various reasons, beyond those already mentioned, that allow me to be so sure about this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join