It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: 'Code' Found in Latest bin Laden Video Could be Hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
News4u02
[email protected]

Thanks ahead of time

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
>>>Probably the best thing to do is host is somewhere. if you don't have somewhere to put it u2u me and I'll try to arrange some space, or I can give you an email address to send it to.

What is u2u? I just signed up and am lost as can be here.

>>>What format is it?

It is an avi file that came in a zip format with a driver to run in MPEG.

>>>How big is the file?

28.8MB

>>>How long is the video (how many minutes and seconds)?

31 minutes

>>>How, or where did you find the file?

It was on Jill's www.homelandsecurityus.net site

edit : please also make sure you provide the complete video file, in exactly the format it was found.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
>>>Thanks ahead of time

It is on it's way.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
>>>has nothing to do with the jpeg format but somebody added it to his art site to it got spidered in Google:
www.twexus.com...

FWIW Shoo, yes, that site has an area to add words by surfers, BUT this domain view, www.clipgate.com/tx/index1.html that is interactive with twexus has the word listed that can only be listed from the Admin access.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
THanks for the info. Can't wait to get my hands on the video

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by news4u02

thanks for the details news4u02, I appreciate your help. Hopefully 28MB isn't too large for Trick's email account! If you are able send another copy to muppet*@*visu*aleff*ect*ive.com (please remove all * symbols), that would be great, but I realised mailing huge files is a pain, so I understand if you can't. I can coordinate with Trick in that case..

many thanks. for your response.

muppet

To Trick: let me know if it comes through OK. I can u2u you some upload details if you need somewhere to put it.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
thanks for the details news4u02, I appreciate your help. Hopefully 28MB isn't too large for Trick's email account! If you are able send another copy to (edited), that would be great, but I realised mailing huge files is a pain, so I understand if you can't. I can coordinate with Trick in that case..

many thanks. for your response.

muppet

To Trick: let me know if it comes through OK. I can u2u you some upload details if you need somewhere to put it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is still attaching itself at the moment in email (63% done).

I'm trying to find out at this moment if the FBI requested it to be taken down or if it was a hoax. Maybe we should keep it in personal mail until we know?

[edit on 23-7-2004 by news4u02]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by news4u02
It is still attaching itself at the moment in email (63% done).
I'm trying to find out at this moment if the FBI requested it to be taken down or if it was a hoax. Maybe we should keep it in personal mail until we know?

I shouldn't worry about that I don't think. The law and intelligence agencies also monitor this site, and ask the site's owner to take stuff down from time to time. The code and screenshot have been up here for a while now, and since it's still here, I think it's ok...

p.s. since it's a slow upload,don't worry about sending it to me then unless Trick's has a problem. it must be a royal pain in the butt!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
email bounced. Emailing you muppet.

The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
Trick*@*edited*.com
(reason: 552 message size exceeds maximum message size)

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I also have the file and have a place to host it on the internet if the other options are not working. I would rather not post a url on the forum, but would be happy to privately give that info to anyone who can try to get some answers on this code business.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
TextMe to how does one send a U2U?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's coming through ok now from news4u02, but thanks for the offer! I'll put it up publicly on my own webspace soon.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharmtech
TextMe to how does one send a U2U?

There's a link to your u2u message centre at the top of the screen (MemberCenteru2u), or you can use this link www.abovetopsecret.com...

It worth having a look round the the Board Questions forum as well here. www.abovetopsecret.com.... Much to learn, but well worth it!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well...
I am glad to see that we might finally get some answers now that the file is in muppets capable hands.

It's sad they some people think they add to their credibility by remaining mysterious. I do hope that they did forward their "find" to the authorities, and they are performing an indepth analysis as well.

I'd be willing to bet, no matter what the outcome of that analysis, the results may never be made public.

That's why I'm glad muppet's on the case.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
thanks for your faith in me! I'll do my best. I'll even eat humble pie if I'm wrong.. I guess we'll soon see. I have to admit I was assuming "tape" video encoding (like a DV tape), since that term was used in the original article. The code as it stands could not have been encoded on such a format simply because those formats don't show that kind of compression artifact, and don't produce such sharp, single pixel wide text like that.

anyway.. update.

I have the file now, in a zipped format, but I'm currently having trouble unzipping it. (mac issues again.:@@
. I'm uploading the zip file to some of my own space now, and will post the link here when it is there.

Vortex: do you have the unzipped version hosted? otherwise I'll have to wait for a PC user to do it for me, my mac really isn't liking the zip file.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There's a link to your u2u message centre at the top of the screen (MemberCenteru2u), or you can use this link www.abovetopsecret.com...

It worth having a look round the the Board Questions forum as well here. www.abovetopsecret.com.... Much to learn, but well worth it!

Did just that thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
>>>>I have to admit I was assuming "tape" video encoding (like a DV tape), since that term was used in the original article. The code as it stands could not have been encoded on such a format simply because those formats don't show that kind of compression artifact, and don't produce such sharp, single pixel wide text like that.

You wouldn't happen to have a 'translator' for that?

/teasing.

Can you please restate that?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Vortex: do you have the unzipped version hosted? otherwise I'll have to wait for a PC user to do it for me, my mac really isn't liking the zip file.

I can put the unzipped file on my server, can you private message me? I will send you the link.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Vortex]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
LOL. basically it's do do with how video files are compressed. Quite literally, the software "throws away" detail with the image, so as to be able to compress it into a smaller file. The actually maths involved is horribly complicated, but the net result is an image that is "degraded" somewhat, depending on the the compression method and medium used.

By analyzing this it is possible to learn something of the history of the clip, much as a botanist can learn from tree rings.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've got the video working now. I'll post what I find in an hour or so. cheers all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join