It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: 'Code' Found in Latest bin Laden Video Could be Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A recently re-released video tape from Sahab Enterprises, a propaganda arm of Al Qaida, seemed to contain an encrypted code in several of the individual frames. This may be a signal to sleeper cells to activate.
Recent analysis of the original video by ATS member muppet, in viewing the video frame by frame, found no code in any frame of the original, unaltered video. This leads to the conclusion that the "1AB02D188BC35723620E2406B7234504" appearing in a purported screen capture from the video was added in after the fact.

www.homelandsecurityus.com
In an in-depth analysis of a recently re-released videotape of Osama bin Laden’s August 2003 speech, Northeast Intelligence Network analysts found apparent alpha-numeric codes embedded in several frames of over 55,800 frames of the video tape analyzed. The code is not visible through normal viewing of the footage, and the viewer must know where in the lengthy footage to look for the coding sequence.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Re-releases of previous bin Laden tapes are not uncommon, and typically they are followed by strikes.

In light of the Department of Homeland Security's recent issuance of two seperate warnings, this may be the trigger to set in to motion the impending strike they have warned of.

One sure sign that this was an operational message will be a sudden and dramatic drop in chatter. Previously when Al-Qaida has gone into operational mode, communicate has cessed.

Related News Links:
www.homelandsecurityus.com

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 7-25-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-1-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hopefully we can get a screenshot or something from this!?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386
Hopefully we can get a screenshot or something from this!?

Why? Are you going to make a breakthrough that prevents us all from being killed in a terrorist attack?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My question is, are there any other re-releases of tapes that also have this encoded information in it? And can we get anything useful from it, if it truly is a signal, before its too late?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This is the closest thing to a screenshot so far

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

My question is, are there any other re-releases of tapes that also have this encoded information in it? And can we get anything useful from it, if it truly is a signal, before its too late?

Funny you should ask that...I was thinking the exact same thing. And I sent an email earlier to the site asking about those same issues. But I doubt I'll hear back from them.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
We have no way of knowing if this was edited by the middle man so to speak (eg Government) to create more fear and hate.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Please look at this:
Expanded Google Search

I'm not a graphics expert, but from the above result, it appears as though the number, 1ab02d188bc35723620e2406b7234504, may be a part of a standardized image header (based on the re-occurance of it in un-related images on an image search website). Perhaps a particular graphics application appends the image file of saved JPEG's with that code, which breaks down to mean the application name, type, and version number.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I don't like their news. Always sounds like they want to sell their HQ-we-use-the-fear-of-Americans-newsletter.

Okay, joke. Doesn't just sound like that - it's the site's only intention

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DramaticPause
I'm not a graphics expert, but from the above result, it appears as though the number, 1ab02d188bc35723620e2406b7234504, may be a part of a standardized image header (based on the re-occurance of it in un-related images on an image search website). Perhaps a particular graphics application appends the image file of saved JPEG's with that code, which breaks down to mean the application name, type, and version number.

has nothing to do with the jpeg format but somebody added it to his art site to it got spidered in Google:
www.twexus.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A "hard search" on just the code text on that website returns this image:

Indicating there is some level of seeing that number repeat in other, unrelated images.

I'm just adding that the actual number appears not to be unique, and is seen elsewhere on the web.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I believe that the "smell" of an attack is in the air. Speculation will get us nowhere.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hmm... maybe its a new clue to Find the Rings....

However it looks like Hexadecimal to me

[edit on 7/21/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What a perfect way to coordinate an attack. Let your "enemy" distribute the coordinating message on their own televisions !

Even if the intelligence agencies warn the media of this method so that the messages are removed, it is still possible to get the message from almost any other TV station via cable and/or satellite.

regards,

Malcolm

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My memory is a bit fuzzy on this, BUT isn't there a way to imbed/encrypt one image into another? Then using the proper encryption key, extract the imbeded image?

Perhaps this is the encryption key that is being passed?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This may come across as sounding stupid... but the length, characters and the arangement of the characters looks alot like a hard drive lock code. Maybe this is a password for something?

I've spent alot of time cracking passwords on locked laptop drives, and pc drives and its strikingly similar. Maybe someone can look into that. Although I don't know what this could mean, maybe there is a cell somewhere that has their orders stored on a locked drive and this is how they access them? Just speculation.

Derek

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The 'code' in that screenshot appears to be a MD5 sum. In general MD5 is a one-way hash, meaning you feed the string to your MD5 program, and it outputs the sum, which is always 32 characters in length. There is no official way to reverse a MD5 sum to determine what the original input was, but there are programs out there that can attempt to brute force the sum, but it takes a _very_ long time. For a bit more information about MD5 sums check this link.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
My memory is a bit fuzzy on this, BUT isn't there a way to imbed/encrypt one image into another? Then using the proper encryption key, extract the imbeded image?

Perhaps this is the encryption key that is being passed?

It's called steganography - the encryption of information within an image.
en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting idea, that it's the key.... *thoughtful*

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very interesting that it is a 32-char string. It has some interesting properties when you break it into binary chunks, a lot of mirroring going on.. I have a feeling that if you were to 'fold' the code so that mirrors cancelled, you'd have something interesting.. I'll report back in a while if I find anything.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok,

Searching for code in google term brings up a variety of pages, all under the domain name clipgate.com
Link

The links seem to be part on an "internet art installation", here created by one Andreas Wacker

It combines pictures he took himself, somehow linked to a search engine, and random image server. The "artwork" reacts it seems to the different search terms entered by users, and previous serch terms can be seen as part on the "artwork".

One interesting point. If you enter a light variation of the code into google, it you don't find any matches. This seems to tally with the idea it is some sort of encoded hash, possibly with a checksum of some sort. However, if you enter a variation of that code into the "artwork" search function, you do get an image. I'm guessing that would then be picked up by google at some point in the future and would become a valid link...

So.. it's a kind of system by which any users could, in theory at least, transmit messages to each other. Have a root around and there's all sorts of funny bits of text, symbols, words etc. some in different languages, etc including some in arabic. It would be possible, if the user knew how the algorithms worked, to use the site as an anonymous messaging board, while not appearing to be anything suspicious..

I would be interested to know a bit more about Wacker. He has a Blog as well, but has been inactive since the 25th of June. maybe someone could contact him and ask him if he knows about the code number, or the NEIN article.

There are various Andreas Wackers on the net, it seems quite a common German name, so it's hard to google much more info about him.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by Banshee]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join