It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide Runs Low as Americans Seek It Out

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am sure my reply will get lost in the doom gloom and fearmongering, but here is a link for anyone who wants to buy some pills:

www.amazon.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topato
Better to have supplies and not need them than need them and not have them.

Exactly. Some people will always feel that anyone doing anything to be prepared are "fear mongering", "irrational" or "hysterical".

Just do research, be informed, listen to others, and come to the best conclusion you can. Know that, no matter what you do, you're going to piss someone off. Just do your best not to let it get to you.

link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

This goes into a whole history of making calls two days in a row, going online, asking many,many questions to get the responses I received along with discussions at certain surplus survival stores that cannot even get them to return phone calls???? Over danm potassium iodide tablets??? And we have ats that usually smells the rat, that is where I am coming from; There are many problems with this all of a sudden major gain of potassium iodide by the ptb and we cannot even get a bottle??? cannot ask qwestions?? given the silent treatment???The it is for our own good responses???WT????So gulf of mexico, katrina, dead animals, fish, radioactive poisoning from japan and when we start checking out potassium iodide now and preparing wtf?????

link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay
www.infowars.com...

lmao, wow
is Alex getting his material from ATS now ???

thanks for the link

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Ok... Devil's Advocate

What if they are? KI is only good for the immediate, for those who are in hot-zones and are on their way out, not for extended periods. Considering the US has stock-piled enough to cover less then 6% of the population (Gov. stocks) and private stock-piles maybe cover 1% of the population and THERE IS NO IMMEDIATE DANGER why would they not send what they have available (as many have) to Japan, where there IS immediate danger or hold onto the stock until there IS immediate danger here? Anyone in the US has time to get out of the way of any radiation coming here. KI is not going to benefit any of us, this time around.

If a US nuclear plant/event happens and someone is in the immediate radius, then you might want to have a stash, hence the reason the Gov. has allowed private companies to stock-pile and sell to the public despite the Nuclear Admin. fighting that.

I agree, it's best to be prepared and purchasing from private sellers is the option if one feels they must.

I do not agree that the Gov. should be unloading it's stock-piles to the US public, at present.

*Besides, it's not a magic pill

edit on 15-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

That is my point also- glad to see some normal responses here

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

THAT is my point lso and I agree there is some real b.s. going on!!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9
reply to post by kineticdamage

That's right let's make sure us the people aqlso repeat that WE THE PEOPLE joe citizens with families cannot prepare because as YOU put it we are not necessary to have it right away!! wWhat a bunch of horses#############

Yeah because obviously the Government wants to make sure all you "joe citizens with families" die if a contamination occurs.

Obviously.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

If you would stop making sensationalist and false claims...then I would stop pointing them out.

You already have the "pill" to make it stop...it is all up to you...not me.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That is what I believe and am feeling why else are they hoarding and putting anyone in this position? Red cross and pharmacies should have been able to answer questions yesterday --- they did not and did not want answer true story.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kineticdamage
Yeah because obviously the Government wants to make sure all you "joe citizens with families" die if a contamination occurs.

Obviously.

question for you:

in the near future am I gonna
need a prescription for ammunition
as well ??? would just like to know
when the gov starts making my choices
for me. You can't have Potassium
Iodide but you can def have a government
shove Obamacare down ur frickin throat
without a prescription.

edit on 3/15/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by condition9

That is what I believe and am feeling why else are they hoarding and putting anyone in this position? Red cross and pharmacies should have been able to answer questions yesterday --- they did not and did not want answer true story.

Because if they had, this panic wouldn't have been on a 100.000 people scale, but dozens of millions.
If most of people were able to keep calm just like japanese kept calm during the quake, there would be no such hiding.
You don't tell to a child any serious drama, because he couldn't handle it. Same story here.

Panic will dig people their own grave in any disaster, it's common sense.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Gov. isn't making choices for you here, there was time to order KI from private sellers... that is, until they ran out. Gov. stock-piles (for emergency use) should NOT be released to the public, there is NO immediate emergency and those who believe there may be one, have time to move to a safer location, should they choose to.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Okay so the workers are now abandoning the plant

America on radiation alert: Japan faces world's worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl as experts warn fallout may reach U.S.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Fears that America could be hit by the nuclear fallout from the Japan earthquake have dramatically increased as workers prepared to abandon a reactor crippled by the earthquake and tsunami last night in the face of what is set to become the world's second worst nuclear disaster - topped only by Chernobyl.

Damage at the number two reactor at the crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power complex is worse than thought, the Japanese government admitted tonight, sparking fears for human health both in Japan and the U.S.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has admitted it is 'quite possible' the fallout could reach America.

edit on 15-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

My friend I am well awre of circumstances in emergencies I have seen been involved and experienced saving people in emergencies so I don't need a third grade school course thank you lol; however I will always always question an be ventful when I smell pure all around bu-s### in it's purest form --- meaning laid right in front of you to smell and step on- get my point!@!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

The Gov. isn't making choices for you here, there was time to order KI from private sellers... that is, until they ran out. Gov. stock-piles (for emergency use) should NOT be released to the public, there is NO immediate emergency and those who believe there may be one, have time to move to a safer location, should they choose to.

I agree with you that gov should not release
stockpiles to the public. But what is on a
public shelf in a drug store is not considered
a gov emergency stockpile.
why do I now need a prescription ???
when 3 days ago I didn't ???
That IS them making choices for me.
Is it not ??? Are they gonna stop selling
vitamins cuz it has PI in it also ???
Will I need a prescription for that as well ???

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by AndrewJay
www.infowars.com...

lmao, wow
is Alex getting his material from ATS now ???

thanks for the link

For the record, Alex is going into his 5th hour right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Maybe I missed something... prescription?

Who is saying that is mandatory? That's ridiculous. It is (assuming you can find in stock) available all over the 'net in FDA recommended dosages (130 mg) and for those who want to purchase at the health food stores, available in lower dosages, for which you just have to compensate. Needing a prescription is a ridiculous rumor.

edit on 15-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Maybe I missed something... prescription?

Who is saying that is mandatory? That's ridiculous. It is (assuming you can find in stock) available all over the 'net in FDA recommended dosages and for those who want to purchase at the health food stores, available in lower dosages, for which you just have to compensate.

Needing a prescription is a ridiculous rumor.

did you not hear the caller on Alex Jones show
and also the AJ Article and also a poster here
on ATS had his doctor laugh at him and refuse
him a prescription? Maybe, you should read a
few pages back to catch up
no offense as I think
you are a wonderful asset to ATS. Just mal-informed.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I am sure my reply will get lost in the doom gloom and fearmongering, but here is a link for anyone who wants to buy some pills:

www.amazon.com...

Did you LOOK at that link? Did you actually try clicking on the product to check availability?

They have ONE 14 tab package at $499.00

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3db7fed1fcc.png[/atsimg]

fear mongering and profiteering

edit on 15-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join