It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide Runs Low as Americans Seek It Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

"The best solution is to not drink the cows milk in radio active fallout areas, ever." he said.

How do you suppose we know exactly which cows are in a fallout area, and if they happened to have contributed to the gallon of milk I plan to purchase next week??

Or, are you proposing that we just don't drink milk for, oh, maybe a month, and magically, no harm will come to us??

Seems a little too simple for me.

Parker

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
A little story about Potasium Iodide [KI] that happened to me this morning...

I tried to get some KI but was told it's a prescription drug. So, I sent a message to my doctor saying I'd like a prescription. half hour later he calls me back, laughing*, asking if I'm going to Japan soon! I say I'd like to have some for precaution since numerous nuclear reactors have blown up in Japan (I'm in California) and some level of radiation is guaranteed to be here. He laughs again and says "you can't believe everything you read on the internet... until the CDC issues a warning I'm not gonna prescribe unnecesary medications"

I tell him, kindly, "with all due respect I come to you for medical advice, not on radiation dispertion patterns; and I'd like to have some potasium iodide for safety reasons."

he refused...

on pressing the matter he did say if I wanted to send him a link from a reputable source saying we're in danger he'd reconsider.

* Keep in mind I'm a normal guy, wife works at same hospital as doc, and I've never spoken to him about anything conspiratorial.

Yeah and your doc was right. People are going out of their mind, not thinking further than their own interest. What's even more angering is that before lifting up mountains to protect their ass, they don't even THINK about who could REALLY need it.
Why do you all think that government was the first to buy huge quantities ? Oh yeah sure, it's because it's a conspiracy and they want to hide you the truth, "as usual".
Fools, it's just because they knew there would be precisely so many panicked, self-centered one-day buyers !!

What would they have done if there was a REAL serious radioactivity hazard, and you all would have emptied the stocks already ? What would they have given to the hospitals ? The charity organizations ? The people in the streets ??

Is it so hard to think about the consequences of your actions ? About the others ?

Damn, I never seen such irresponsible, immature, actions from so many different people at the same time.

/rant over.
(sorry, I really hate panic actions)

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by zorgon

Soon we will be seeing people with Geiger Counters and not a clue how to use them spreading panic. They will run into a pile of slag or some slag gravel on a driveway or something and panic themselves and others.

I guess you're closer to truth than you can imagine about Geiger Counters.
edit on 15-3-2011 by kineticdamage because: wording

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't you think that was set into motion by the prior precursor of 7.2 to the big event? I think that is more likely than an earthquake on a known active subduction zone being man-made or caused for whatever wild theories are out there.

you're right, the 7.2 could
have been a contributing factor
however, the 7.2 did not have
any effect on the reactors unless
you have evidence to suggest
otherwise

the Japanese gov official has already
stated that 3 reactors were shutdown
when they heard the tsunami warning.
which means they were still in operation
at the time of the 9.1. Why would Japan
still be running nuclear reactors
that had been damaged the day before??
Unless they were lying. well that wouldn't
be a first. lol

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kineticdamage

/rant over.

Kind of like your post??

Sorry, just pointing out the obvious.
Parker

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
I wonder how many of you guys that are getting these pills and freaking out about possible radiation are sitting there smoking cigarettes???

Panic over one carcinogen, while voluntarilly exposing yourself to another

Also, doesn't iodine 131 have a pretty short half-life and decays fairly quickly??? So you guys are panicing over protecting yourself over most likely what is the least likely to make it to the US...again

OMFG Call a cop, I agree with you.
People GIVEN I131 intentionally are considered safe to be around after a week. Takes minimum of 4 half-lifes to assume safety s long as no radioactive daughters are generated in the decay process.
Much more likely to die from smoking than the air at this time

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParkerCramer

/rant over.

Kind of like your post??

Parker

I was ranting against panicking conspiratists, and you're thinking it's a conspiration from myself to prevent people from buying what I want to buy. Which is a conspiratist accusation, lol.

Mister Obvious, may I let you know that I live in France, so I got no reason to buy Iodide.

People are really losing their minds, heh ?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

/rant over.

Kind of like your post??

Parker

I was ranting against panicking conspiratists, and you're thinking it's a conspiration from myself to prevent people from buying what I want to buy. Which is a conspiratist accusation, lol.

Mister Obvious, may I let you know that I live in France, so I got no reason to buy Iodide.

So, you were in a panic to post to those that were obviously panicking.................just want to make sure I have it correct...LOL

Parker

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

/rant over.

Kind of like your post??

Parker

So, you were in a panic to post to those that were obviously panicking.................just want to make sure I have it correct...LOL

Parker

I'm not panicked by panicking people, I'm just angry. They're a harm for themselves, and for the others.

Have to go, good night.
edit on 15-3-2011 by kineticdamage because: wording

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Soon we will be seeing people with Geiger Counters and not a clue how to use them spreading panic. They will run into a pile of slag or some slag gravel on a driveway or something and panic themselves and others.

I guess you're closer to truth than you can imagine about Geiger Counters.[

Well I have two... one I got from the NAVY a few years back is a big one. Was hard to get batteries but Ray-o-vak still makes them

Got a whole bunch of betafite crystals in my garage.. those are pretty hot

Even have one of those old 1950's portabledosimeter detectors in case of war
working condition

But if anyone wants to donate one... I would like one of these
More handy for field work

ct1aic.dyndns.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Somebody knew it was coming !!!
And what to take for it !!!
That would lead one to believe
this was a planned event IMO.

Well maybe TrueAmerican, who predicted this quake would happen in March over a year ago tuned in to a NWO planning session

Got the link for that article on the purchase? THAT is a critical fact, along with the massive movements of food by FEMA (I will find the link for that)

ETA Not the one I was looking for but there is this

Authoritarian governments start stockpiling food to fight public anger
Authoritarian governments across the world are aggressively stockpiling food as a buffer against soaring food costs which they fear may stoke popular discontent.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 15-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
And your yahoo statistics clearly show that the spike happened AFTER March 11th. Select the 7 day view and you will clearly see it spikes after March 11th.

ya know, you show up on
many of my posts calling me a liar
and lots of other names. I am rather
sick of your attacks on me. Do they make
a pill I can take that prevents you from
post raping me every other week? If so,
then I'd like to purchase about 500 of those.

While there is a HUGE spike after March 11,
there are also smaller spikes around March 4,
March 9, and March 10. And basically nothing
before March 4.

See, there are spikes before the Tsunami hit the beach.
Care to retract your calling me a liar ???

edit on 3/15/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Why is it like- asking too many questions and not willing to answer when I call red cross and any dr. or pharmacy about this??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

Perhaps because thousands of people are doing the same, thus impeding the time and effort that should be focused on those who are actually in danger, at the moment?

All of the questions regarding KI and when/how to find/use it can be answered by doing a bit of online research. Don't expect those who are trying to respond to actual crisis, to spend much time coddling those who are not in current need.

*This is not a magic pill.

edit on 15-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kineticdamage

That's right let's make sure us the people aqlso repeat that WE THE PEOPLE joe citizens with families cannot prepare because as YOU put it we are not necessary to have it right away!! wWhat a bunch of horses#############

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

I am genuinely suprised to see this news.

I'm not. The threads on ATS over the past few days have shown what some Americans are like. Never ones to pass up a good opportunity for ridiculous panicking and making a fool of themselves.

But we in Britain remember Chernobyl - which comparatively speaking was on our doorstep compared with the distance between America and Japan.

And anyway, I find glowing in the dark quite handy if I get lost on the hill at night - easier for the mountain rescue team to find me

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

That is not what I meant-This was a matter of discussion if that is a bother on here no problem I for one am not the coddling type-- these are again, matters of serious discussions that only a few "are getting the same thoughts on as well.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

Then my apologies. I do not understand what you mean then, when you write:

Why is it like- asking too many questions and not willing to answer when I call red cross and any dr. or pharmacy about this??

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal

"The best solution is to not drink the cows milk in radio active fallout areas, ever." he said.

How do you suppose we know exactly which cows are in a fallout area, and if they happened to have contributed to the gallon of milk I plan to purchase next week??

Or, are you proposing that we just don't drink milk for, oh, maybe a month, and magically, no harm will come to us??

Seems a little too simple for me.

Parker

I'm guessing most of the cows in the fallout areas are dead, having been swept away by the tsunami

Worth noting though that after Chernobyl there are still places in the UK where sheep raised there cannot be eaten - supposedly because of radiation from the fallout, but almost certainly because the background radiation (which had not been tested prior to Chernobyl) just happens to be a tad higher. And if you eat sheep from there every day for 80 years you may get cancer .....

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If there was ever a time to have the Potassium Iodide tabs it is NOW!!!

The government is hoarding this and people are preparing..

This does not surprise me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join