It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potassium Iodide Runs Low as Americans Seek It Out

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by nenothtu
Odd how something that can kill you dead can also be used to save your life if used properly, and does it in exactly the same way it would if it were to kill you if used improperly, isn't it?

You mean like water?

]

Water, radiation, firearms, sharp sticks, airplanes, and just about everything there is.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just looking at KI on ebay today a week's supply is going for $200-$300 right now.
I'm almost tempted to sell mine.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Wake up people, and smell the iodide lie for what it really is. [

Well we als need to start building those bunkers. With all that stuff in the air, and Yellowstone getting itchy and Nibiru due in a year or so, would be good to have one

These people stocking up on the iodine tablets... are they the same group who are always complaining about nasty chemicals from Monsanto in our foods?

Just wondering

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Yeah I tried Walgreen's today...the pharmacist told me "we do not have any & cannot order any
because the government sequestered it." I even called their compounding Pharmacist (referred to by original) & he said that for them to make it would require a prescription from the doctor & would take at least
a week to make if they had all the materials or components & he wasn't sure they did.

Ektar

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
CNN has just put this link up on their website:

money.cnn.com...Beware of fake Iodide

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

Thanks. Was just going to post this too but saw you already did.

[Odd how this story is in CNN Money, eh? And not in Health or Science. Or maybe it's just me. Sigh.]

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Dupe.

edit on 3/18/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Spirulina works. A friend sent me an email link Apparently Spirulina and other seaweed and sea vegetables heal radiation poisoning. A Japanese doctor healed thousands with it after the two bombs were dropped on Japan during WWII. And Walmart has it, so I assume Walgreens does also, and probably most health food and supplement stores. Just thought I would share. I just picked some up at walmart.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 18-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Better safe than sorry, i s'pose. But ain't it like Americans to immediately turn to consumerism in a time of distress?

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Better safe than sorry, i s'pose. But ain't it like Americans to immediately turn to consumerism in a time of distress?

What are you talking about? People buying needed items for preparation is consumerism? What would you have them do just ignore everything? Sigh.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

What are you talking about? People buying needed items for preparation is consumerism? What would you have them do just ignore everything? Sigh.

No, like I said, better safe than sorry. I just find it noteworthy that Americans always run our and buy stuff as soon as they hear something like this. Just like "Y2K". Hell, just like everytime the weather man says it's gonna snow two inches, and the grocery stores sell twice as much milk and bread as normal.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Just got back from our Whole Foods. They are all out of kelp but did still have some spirulina. The woman who worked there told me the manufacturers are sending all available supplies of kelp to the west coast, which is as it should be, of course.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I wonder do you people who bought Potassium Iodide know when to take it ? and do you guys have geiger counter ? I only ask this because if you take Potassium Iodide with no known knowledge you might end up getting small brown permanent blotches on you skin worst case or bad rashes. The dosage is also based on you body weight and the rate of radiation absorption. Be very careful with children, the dosage has to be correct and better given by your family doctor too the kids ,unless you know the rate of absorption and dosage.

Only take the Potassium Iodide when the radiation reading are at 100 millisievert / hr.( less for children.) Otherwise you might just be giving yourself a bad rash and some very minor skin damage. Don't take it unless you really have to. I know this from a few friends of mine in the military at nuke weapons school who did this; just to find out what it does. Stupid, they were not even around a radiation source. three guy got a very bad rash all over them-selfs. they all thought they had a Sexually Transmitted Disease

I very much doubt the levels are 100 millisievert / hr in California for now, or will ever be.

Just thought I would let you guys know.
edit on 19-3-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join