It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1104.htm
<< 1101  1102  1103    1105  1106  1107 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

When are people going to realize that radiation is pretty much transparent and doesn't usually kill you right away. No really. Ya, things LOOK pretty normal. Usually you don't glow and your face doesn't fall off. Food tastes normal, water is good and the scenery is pretty until it gets enough load it starts to mutate and die. Wait, who am I fooling, they will NEVER realize this! You're supposed to be able to SEE the bad things!

Sigh. Folks just don't get radiation and it's not their fault. The nuclear industry has done a great job of intentionally confusing them about what radiation is, how much and what kinds are bad. Go ahead hang 20 glo-sticks around the kids necks, let them wear glo-in-the-dark vampire fangs, who the heck cares right, it's just a few more slaves dying 20 years later from 'whatever....can-never-be-pinned-on-us, WTFC'. Welcome to the great culling.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

One thing that's driving me nuts is why we would have pressure readings in RPV's when we know we've had 'melt through'

Yeah, that bothers me too. Its a wag the dog. Say it often enough and people will accept it as fact. Unfortunately, even the independent and public media news networks are saying things like "pressure and temperature are now stabilizing in the reactors".

All I can think is 'what fugging reactors?'

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
One short question: do they/ or do we reported already about the Deaths in Fukushima
because of the Evacuations of the Hospitals, Hospices and Retirement Houses?

Because i read yesterday about this Guy who claimed that No One died
because "of" Fukushima and later i saw this bitter dark Reportage from F'Shima
and the Evacuations there.

They had Hundreds of Deaths (250-350 People known in the first Week, more later)

I found only one Story in the beginning of this Disaster:

Families want answers after 45 people die following evacuation from Fukushima hospital

Nearly 45 people out of some 440 patients and workers at a hospital here are estimated to have died while or after being evacuated following the accident at the tsunami-hit Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant. The Fukushima Prefectural Government is investigating

why 90 patients were temporarily left behind

at Futaba Hospital in Okuma, Fukushima Prefecture, following the disaster.
mdn.mainichi.jp...

Oh my God: think "left behind",
what a Nightmare

edit on 28-10-2011 by Human0815 because: add info

edit on 28-10-2011 by Human0815 because: link

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

A Split Second - but intense!

- Purple Chive

In the above video from Oct 25 the steam/smoke/fog seen through much of it is Im pretty sure a steam purging coming from R4. And from 4:45 to 5:30 in there is pretty definitive proof of this. If this was fog blowing in the direction its blowing, it would be coming from behind and over the top of the cam as weve seen before. This all eminates from the southend and specifically R4, so its not fog.

Fukushima Diary has posted about a steam/smoke event on Oct 22, and states its from R2. I disagree. I think its another purging from R4 and possibly Centralized waste as well. Its just a different wind pattern than the above video, so it looks different.

And the 64 million dollar question is, why is there steam coming from R4.

Since there is no reason for steam to still be coming from R4 (and there never was to the extent weve seen) I propose that the UC is still very active, and the original cracking and steam coming from the ground back in Aug or sept was a sign of this. It started cracking and pushing out of the ground because Tepco plugged as many of the vent paths they could find early on (ie filling trenches, manholes and tunnels with cement).

However, they are now able to control and vent the pressure build up in the UC through R4 and the southend. These events are usually just after sunset, just before sunrise, or anytime fog or rain covers it up. And recently its been over active.
edit on 28-10-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Do not forget that there are more and maybe new Buildings behind the Reactor on the Seafront

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

15 minute version of 10/22/11 Steam Event - Bright Flash

At 17:11:38 there appears to be a bright flash...

And yes Z - on slower version, looks like it is coming from Unit 4 or 3.

Looks like the event lasted around an hour...

- Purple Chive
edit on 28-10-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Unit 2: Why the Blip?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

The strange Blip on this graph....10/22...same as major steam event???

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Crack in the Casing - Ceiling Crane Spent Fuel Pool

Doesn't say which one...looking for more info.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Guess it's in the Common Spent Fuel Pool building:

Partner companies' worker found the crack at connection casing in driving shaft of ceiling crane, which is used to deal with spent fuel casks and located in the common spent fuel pool building, during its annual check out. We will check carefully the situation of the connection casing in greater detail.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

10/22 Large Jump in Cesium Discharge Channel

Second graph....looks like something BIG happened on Oct. 22...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Heck it jumped up to levels found back in April!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

One thing that's driving me nuts is why we would have pressure readings in RPV's when we know we've had 'melt through'

Yeah, that bothers me too. Its a wag the dog. Say it often enough and people will accept it as fact. Unfortunately, even the independent and public media news networks are saying things like "pressure and temperature are now stabilizing in the reactors".

Again, let me throw out an idea.

As the fuel was melting, you have a variety of materials that are melting together. I'd imagine that this is a slower process. As the fuel melted down to where the control rods came up through the containment, it probably took some time to burn through enough to allow the molten mass to start flowing out these holes.

In the mean time, they started pumping sea water into various channels.

The sea water could then re-harden the poolium enough that it blocks the exits itself.

This then would allow some pressure to build up.

So, I'm postulating that not all of the fuel was able to melt out before they were injecting coolant and this re-hardened mass is unto itself, blocking the holes in the bottoms of the reactors.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

10/22 Large Jump in Cesium Discharge Channel

This seems like an good Explanation why our "Geiger Group Setagaya-Mizonokuchi"
got this ca. 30% increase of Radiation in our Readings of the last days!
(still, in a way, very low: 0.150uSv/h in average compared to other Places)

This is also bad for all the Farmer who harvest still the Rice and Apples

Damned F'Shima, you former very lucky Place,
they has had everything, good Water, good Land and a rich Coast with all the yummy Fishes inside,
they had so good tasting Vegetables and Fruits and they created one of the best Sake i ever drunk
and now ........
......... ....... ........
......... because of our Greed a very long Break!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

As the fuel was melting, you have a variety of materials that are melting together. I'd imagine that this is a slower process. As the fuel melted down to where the control rods came up through the containment, it probably took some time to burn through enough to allow the molten mass to start flowing out these holes.

The sea water could then re-harden the poolium enough that it blocks the exits itself.

So, I'm postulating that not all of the fuel was able to melt out before they were injecting coolant and this re-hardened mass is unto itself, blocking the holes in the bottoms of the reactors.

And this recent elaborate concoction for Unit 2:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2 pressure hit a high of 123...past two days steady at 122:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Mutated Sweet Potato and Prior Controlled Experiments

fukushima-diary.com...

Thailand started banning Sweet Potato shipments the end of March after finding high levels of radiation:
www.bangkokpost.com...

Page four pictures:
www.academicjournals.org...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Cesium Increase Iwasawa - 3K offshore...and Strontium

Oct 28:
Combined Cs = 1860

www.tepco.co.jp...

Oct. 18:
Combined Cs = 1660

www.tepco.co.jp...

Sep 16:
Combined Cs = 1860
www.tepco.co.jp...

June 2:
Combined Cs = 1970
www.tepco.co.jp...

Saw some improvement and then back up...why?

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Cesium Increase Iwasawa - 3K offshore...and Strontium

Oct 28:
Combined Cs = 1860

www.tepco.co.jp...

Oct. 18:
Combined Cs = 1660

www.tepco.co.jp...

Sep 16:
Combined Cs = 1860
www.tepco.co.jp...

June 2:
Combined Cs = 1970
www.tepco.co.jp...

Saw some improvement and then back up...why?

- Purple Chive

As was stated earlier in this thread, the amount of water that they keep injecting in, is increasing, which means there is still a MAJOR leak that is still spreading the radiation.

As we have all said many times over, this is going to get far worse, before improving.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

If my dad were still alive, he would have taken one look at those and said "Crap, THAT's a plumbers nightmare right there".

And this recent elaborate concoction for Unit 2:

www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 2 pressure hit a high of 123...past two days steady at 122:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Needed some entertainment!!

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Wonder how it works on Sweet Potatoes?

- Purple Chive

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Some entertainment? CNN's article on how Fukushima tourism makes more sense then ever is exactly that...

Total insanity... I mean you couldn't even make that up.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815
reply to post by zworld

Do not forget that there are more and maybe new Buildings behind the Reactor on the Seafront

Yes, the southend has now moved up the bluff to the south where the new tank farm is.

Its hard to tell where the steam originates from much of the time because there appears to be multiple vent points.

And as PC points out, in the Oct 22 vid, it looks like R3 is involved as well. I believe the reason they are lighting the reactor buildings with a direct beam that doesnt illuminate beyond the wall is to cover up as best as possible steam releases.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Unit 2: Why the Blip?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

The strange Blip on this graph....10/22...same as major steam event???

- Purple Chive

Not sure what it means. The four upticks are said to be instrument under inspection on page 2. They occur the night and morning before the steam event, so dont think its connected. However, at the same time, the D/W pressure increased faster than normal in that time period, and both the RPV and DW correlate except for the upticks, indicating communication. Worth noting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1101  1102  1103    1105  1106  1107 >>

join