It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman Hits Super Bowl Fans For Not Standing During Negro National Anthem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
**title of article said 'negro'. That's not my word.

At the Superbowl, the so called 'black national anthem' was played. Nobody stood. Now a Democrat Congressman is complaining and saying it was 'not a pretty picture' and that everyone should have stood.

Newsflash for the Congressman ... you stand for the actual national anthem for the country, not the so called 'black national anthem' which is just segregationist in essence and, in my opinion, had no place being played at the Superbowl anyways.

Democrat Congressman HIts Super Bowl Fans For Not Standing During Negro National Anthem

A Democratic congressman raised some eyebrows online Sunday when he took a shot at the Super Bowl crowd in Las Vegas, saying very few fans stood for the singing of "Lift Every Voice and Sing," calling it "not a very pretty picture."

Known colloquially as the "Black National Anthem," Grammy winner Andra Day performed the song as part of the pre-game festivities for Super Bowl LVIII between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.

"Very very few stood for ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing,’" Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. wrote on X. "The Negro National Anthem. Not a pretty picture of Super Bowl crowd." Cohen represents a majority-Black district in western Tennessee.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

why not just announce, "All white people stand for the White National Anthem", then do the same for the black one. Or is inclusion the goal here?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Didn't know there was a black persons national anthem( I dislike the word negro).

Is there an Asian, Hispanic or even a white national anthem?

Or do "the rest" of the people have to share THE national anthem?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime
Didn't know there was a black persons national anthem( I dislike the word negro).

Yeah, I"m not a fan of it either. That's why I made note that it was the title of the article, not my wording.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

why not just announce, "All white people stand for the White National Anthem", then do the same for the black one. Or is inclusion the goal here?

Just another typical democrat trying to stir stuff up to pander votes.

It’s not even spring yet for ffs.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

No, racism is the goal here...yet again.
edit on 2/12/2024 by Klassified because: better word

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Having a separate 'black national anthem' and whining that everyone needs to stand for it ... talk about segregation! I don't understand why people can't see this for what it is ... it's divisive and causes separation instead of togetherness and cohesiveness.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I wonder why it's OK when it's done in this direction? I mean, clown world, duh, but isn't there still some folks with brains instead of sh!t?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We must all do what Dems tell us to do, or we are evil people. For white/asian/hispanic/native american people not to stand for and honor the Negro National Anthem is just plain racist and evil. I believe that was the message the Congressman was giving.

Personally, I wouldn't use the "n" word, because that is racist in my eyes in this enlightened day and age, as well as the awful "n" word that people very high in the protein/hormone melanin in their skin call each other regularly. But, heh, I'm melanin deficient so what do I know?

edit on 2/12/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: format

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I don't understand why people can't see this for what it is ... it's divisive and causes separation instead of togetherness and cohesiveness.

Mass psychosis among democrats and rinos.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I wonder why it's OK when it's done in this direction? I mean, clown world, duh, but isn't there still some folks with brains instead of sh!t?

We seem to have a pandemic of Reality Deficit Disorder.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This is why aliens won't visit us.

Apparently we're too stupid and elect stupid people to represent us.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I didn't realize there already was a 'NOT black' National Anthem.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Next they will complain about having to use the white man's drinking fountains and insist on using the "blacks only" garden hose 'round back.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Did Usher or L'il John win the Superbowl match contest yesterday?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I don't understand why people can't see this for what it is ... it's divisive and causes separation instead of togetherness and cohesiveness.

Apparently they could and proved it by remaining seated.

More and more black people are beginning to see how they're being played for political and monetary gain. As more and more Americans fall into poverty the 'victum mentality' of ethnic groups looses it's power; politicians are going to need a new schtick.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Did Usher or L'il John win the Superbowl match contest yesterday?

I'm pretty sure that white lady, Taylor Swift, won it.
So it was all pretty racist.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The half naked streaker was more interesting from what I hear. More people stood to watch him run across the field.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Next they will complain about having to use the white man's drinking fountains and insist on using the "blacks only" garden hose 'round back.

I don't get what black people are doing. Insisting on segregation:

Insisting on black only dorms in colleges. www.newsweek.com...

Politicians holding black only parties. Where photos showed only black people were invited to their people of color only party. www.bostonherald.com...

Insisting on black only "safe spaces" www.thecollegefix.com...

Insisting everydayfeminism.com... 5 Reasons We Need Black-Only Spaces

Insisting nationalpost.com... Black-only swim times, Black-only lounges

Insisting theworld.org... black only journalist meetings

Demanding white people leave them alone. www.cambridgema.gov... Why People of Color Need Spaces Without
White People

THEN demanding white people stand for and honor "their song", when they are openly demanding that white people to go away and leave them alone.

I don't get it.

edit on 2/12/2024 by TheSingleBillie because: links

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

hmmmm..the covert BLM group is still around I see

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join