It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 218
<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UrgentInsurgent

Yeah, I get ya. I believe either way around that the earthquake was the trigger. Not that there's any point in speculation until this gets confirmed (it will take a couple of days but it will be confirmed since it is suspicious enough to be looked into).

Just hope this volcano doesn't do something stupid, Japan took so much, without deserving even a 1/100000000 of it... If they receive another quake or a volcano eruption then my grimmest feelings which I'm having from the beginning will come true...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Mobilization of Self-Defense Forces in Japan for relief efforts is the largest since World War II - nytimes nyti.ms...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Those are amazing images. Thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

UPDATE The #Japanese Government is warning of the risk of another reactor explosion at the #Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station NUMBER 3

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

People - the NUCLEAR AND INDUSTRIAL SAFETY AGENCY HAVE DECLARED A LEVEL 4 MEANING SIGNIFICANT QUANTITIES OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL WITHIN AN INSTALLATION AND THIS IS THE FIRST ACCIDENT OF ITS KIND IN JAPAN.

Hi Hi - I finally had to sleep last night so I missed a handful of pages - but - going back and reading through I want to comment on the post/quote above.

This information? It's what I woke up to on the television here in Sicily early this morning. So, whatever comes of it? Know it's being reported here on the tele-news.

peace

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

The idea that volcanoes are triggered by earthquakes make good sense to me, but this amount of activity seems normal.

There are probably millions of volcanoes that have been active during the whole lifespan of the earth. During the past 10,000 years, there are about 1500 volcanoes on land that are known to have have been active, while the even larger number of submarine volcanoes is unknown. At present, there are about 600 volcanoes that have had known eruptions during recorded history, while about 50-70 volcanoes are active (erupting) each year. At any given time, there is an average of about 20 volcanoes that are erupting

www.volcanodiscovery.com...

Seems like three volcanoes at the same time, worldwide, is not abnormal.

edit on 13-3-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: spelling

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The only problem i have with the Japanese are their arrogance toward the disaster, everything they've been saying is that everything is under control, and there is nothing to worry about. I have a real problem with people that claim that nothing is wrong...

Everyone else is saying that it's the worst case scenario, that the Powerplant has actually melted down or is in meltdown.

But the Japanese spokes people are so above themselves have they ever known humility?

It almost makes you not care what's happening to them, and say let them fix it if there is no problems...

I say pull everything back out let them handle it on their own.

So stupid, that explosion of the Power Plant the other day was probably a full meltdown, and they would never admit it, because failure seems to be hard for these people...

Probably why there were so many reports of japanese people just walking around and not panicing during their 8.9 magnitude earthquake.

So there must be food available right? So there is no Radioactive fallout in the air?

Anybody remember that movie Rising Sun.
edit on 3/13/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ok, can I please just vent here for a moment? I apologize if this is too off-topic, but I thought that maybe some of you are feeling the same way I am. Like many of you, I've been keeping track of various threads, reading newsblogs, etc to keep up with these tragic events. I've also been sending prayers and positive thoughts to Japan and all of the families involved.

It is so frustrating when I go on Facebook to talk about this tragedy and NOBODY CARES. I post a couple of things relevant to this disaster and nobody responds. I go to the News Feed and everyone is talking about how they are out partying or on a date tonight. I get a notification and think "FINALLY someone has responded!"... and it turns out to be a request from Mafia Wars.

Are you kidding me? Is this for real? I follow some theories on how TPTB are desensitizing the masses, but one does not usually lump their friends family with "the masses". I don't want to derail this thread with NWO conspiracies, but let me just say that I am saddened at the apathy I see around me right now. I believe that God doesn't want me to judge others, but it is REALLY DIFFICULT to not judge right now.

Thank you for listening.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
does anyone know why japan is mobolizing there self defense forces ?
for what why? and it is the largest since world war 2

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Because they're ready for an alien invasion, when all other #s have happened to them.No.

Just joking.

Cause they suffered a 8.9 earthquake and a devastating tsunami so far? Cause that's what countries do after a catastrophe of such magnitude, to search for missing people, help injured.. Stuff like that.
edit on 13-3-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

I agree with you on this matter and went through a similar ordeal today at work. We have three TVs one of which I managed to get changed to the news yesterday to try and keep up with events at work. Today someone changed the channel to the same dang woman's college basketball game that was already on the other two TVs. For some reason it bothered me much more than I thought it would.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

Think of it as the National Guard.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

id say to start cleaning up rescuing people rebuild bridges and anything else a normal army does but for the most part they problay wont be blowing too much stuff up and they sure as hell wont be shooting any one. so yeah disaster relief

en.wikipedia.org... there ya go

they also might be reclaiming any military hardware that may be scattered about rember that picture of that jet a few pages ago? im sure there trying to get as much of that stuff back as possibe to keep any classified information secret from opertunistic governments and its probaly not a good idea for people to possibly go for rides in tanks and whatnot...well problay not as much as we would have to worry about any other country they are a very polite and stoic people.....
edit on 13-3-2011 by KilrathiLG because: add link

link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

so why the defense forces ? i dunno nevermind i guess im dumb
just seems weird like they are getting ready for war or something

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

What do you think? They just had a 9.0 earthquake, a tsunami and may have an impending nuclear disaster. Do you ask this question when the US mobilizes its national guard in response to a disaster?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Tue Mar 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: member could not find the source, post removed

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
O.K. Japan just said that the Earthquake was actually a 9.0.

We're getting there...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

eh im pretty sure if any country decided hey nows the time to invade or harrass japan who ever that country may be(insert scary country here) they wouldnt last 5 minutes after the world outcry about the cheap shot dont think they will be on any ones war list at least until this all calms down

link   

because thats who they have. all public workers and heath types are also mobilized. Part of the treaty after ww2 forbids japan to have a standing military, so they have the defense forces.

link   

BREAKING NEWS: Miyagi police chief estimates over 10,000 deaths in Miyagi: NHK (15:58)

top topics

<< 215  216  217    219  220  221 >>

join