It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 216
<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Dragon33

No, this thread is only allowed to be about the quake and tsunami now, and the nuke talk has moved to the nuke thread.

I think it's a little ridiculous to have two separate threads for this.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

No, this thread is only allowed to be about the quake and tsunami now, and the nuke talk has moved to the nuke thread.

Yes I well know.
The Mod who ordered that and I had a private word or two about it.
I still dont understand how you can have a complete discussion about an event, which caused a second event without mentioning both.
That of course is just my opinion and I humbly bow to the overlords...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- The powerful earthquake that unleashed a devastating tsunami Friday appears to have moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragon33

Yes I well know.
The Mod who ordered that and I had a private word or two about it.
I still dont understand how you can have a complete discussion about an event, which caused a second event without mentioning both.
That of course is just my opinion and I humbly bow to the overlords...

Exactly, what...the...hell.....

link   

Oh, LOL, sorry, I keep losing track of who I've talked to! My last reply about this was poofed, so.....

(poof!)

link   

No, It just means its worse than they are telling us.
And TPTB are working out the next LIE to spin to us all.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
they probably ought to just shut this thread down....they've effectively killed the constructive conversation so that all that is left is the off topic bickering

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I'm here for information from the experts here on ATS that can give links not related to MSM, I can watch MSM myself.

edit on 12/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

That's funny. With regard to information posted here (as opposed to conversational stuff), I've seen nothing posted in this thread that wasn't either regurgitated content from one media outlet or another (often misrepresented), statements of obviously made up "facts", and wild guesses. The major use I've gotten out of it is precisely all the links to various "MSM" news stories, images and videos.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
www.radiationnetwork.com good site for keeping up with radiation levels.
edit on 12-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
they probably ought to just shut this thread down....they've effectively killed the constructive conversation so that all that is left is the off topic bickering

Im just a beginner here but the way ATS drive this thread its just wrong. It seems like they want to keep amateurish and sensationalist like a cheap magazine.
Sorry.. just my tought

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted latest is, 801 people have been killed by the quake, 9500 people are missing in a town called Minamanisarinku. 3000 people have been rescued, and hundreds of thousands are currently being evacuated. Fifty countries have extended offers of aid, and ten US naval ships are currently on their way, some of them currently there with troops helping in the search and rescue operations, A team from LA is currently on root, that is currently. Minus the Nuclear meltdown concerns.Google has also launched a database to help people find loved ones.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Question
Has anyone seen any news of the underground natural gas storage areas in the quake affected areas? like real close to the Power plant with the reactor trouble ?

Still can't get my head around the idea of building a nuke plant anywhere near a storage area of 200,000 tons of natural gas, but trying to do some looking to see what shape they are in after the quake.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

There has been fires and explosions and numerous storage facilities and refineries, including petro chemical. But I have heard nothing of any facilities near Fukashima that has gone up, closest is I think sixty miles south of there. But I will do a bit of digging for you if anything else pops up.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardfelt
I am pasting this information in every thread I feel it is relevant. As I am currently unable to create a thread of my own please excuse the repetition. I feel this information is possibly of great importance and so wish to promulgate it rapidly:

Q. Would ingestion of iodized, common table salt be effective in a nuclear accident if KI pills are not available?

A. The daily dose of potassium iodide (KI) for thyroid blocking is 130 mg per day for up to two weeks. This equates to 96 mg of iodine (I). Iodized salt contains about 0.085 mg of KI per gram of salt (according to the Morton Salt Company). To get the I equivalent of a 130 mg KI pill would require the ingestion of 1,529 grams of salt which would most likely be fatal. According to research by Health Physicist Ken Miller, Hershey Medical Center,

a person can get a blocking dose of iodine by painting 8 ml of either tincture of iodine or providone iodine (betadine) scrub on the forearm daily

. William Kirk, PhD, CHP
Pennsylvania Bureau of Radiation Protection

Excellent information, I was discussing this earlier with someone who suggested consuming large amounts of Iodized Table Salt. I was doubtful that was a good idea and mentioned that it would likely be harmful in quantities large enough to help I didn't have these details to explain the exact dangers of such a plan. Thank you for posting this information, I'm sure others have thought of Iodized Table Salt as a possible solution.

LINK

PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR FRIENDS ON THE WEST COAST AND CONTACTS IN JAPAN

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Japanese police say they've recovered another 200 bodies in coastal areas - AP

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This thread moves soooo fast. Question,how can they pump sea water into the reactor,when the sea water is/or should be contaminated? Anyone know how this is being done?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

where do you see an 8.0? highest I can find is 6.4, don't scare me like that.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bitbytebit

was from a earlier link not posted by me that has been found out to be about the oringnal quake that for some reason another member thought would be a good update

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Current - Japanese Scientist report

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Interesting before and after pictures from Japan
www.abc.net.au...

top topics

<< 213  214  215    217  218  219 >>

join