It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
Ok, can I please just vent here for a moment? I apologize if this is too off-topic, but I thought that maybe some of you are feeling the same way I am. Like many of you, I've been keeping track of various threads, reading newsblogs, etc to keep up with these tragic events. I've also been sending prayers and positive thoughts to Japan and all of the families involved.

It is so frustrating when I go on Facebook to talk about this tragedy and NOBODY CARES. I post a couple of things relevant to this disaster and nobody responds. I go to the News Feed and everyone is talking about how they are out partying or on a date tonight. I get a notification and think "FINALLY someone has responded!"... and it turns out to be a request from Mafia Wars.

Are you kidding me? Is this for real? I follow some theories on how TPTB are desensitizing the masses, but one does not usually lump their friends family with "the masses". I don't want to derail this thread with NWO conspiracies, but let me just say that I am saddened at the apathy I see around me right now. I believe that God doesn't want me to judge others, but it is REALLY DIFFICULT to not judge right now.

Thank you for listening.

Oh I can totally agree..

That's why I'm never on FaceBook anymore..I keep my FB page only to connect with old friends, high school buddies, military buddies, etc....

You are right! They don't 'like' or 'comment' on any REAL news, not unless you say something bland like, "Just came back from shopping"...then you get responses like, "oh great! What kind of shoes did you get?"

BUT

If you post REAL news, you will be totally ignored and I hate that too...That's why I love my ATS family

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelgarden

[Off topic]Not to whip up an off topic rant but I am surrounded by this dilemma daily and it's a rampant problem.
Check into escapism, or escapist personality. People here are anything but, so when returning from the super analytical realm try to understand escapism is how people cope when they feel helpless.
My family and friends are starting to get worried about me and fed up with my um research sessions.

I bet they'll be happy when it's time to assemble the shelter though...
[Back on topic]
Is it just me or does it seem like they are covering up big time? Cable news is disgusting and Japanese Govt is bizarre, the PM seems really out of his league. Wasn't Fri his first day? My heart and prayers are in overtime with caring, You're not alone.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by etrex66

I've being giving him updates I think the Japanese government is running scared.

Yes, and don’t forget, Japan just swore in a New Foreign Minister 3 days before the catastrophe. He must be going right out of his mind.

source

peace
edit on 13-3-2011 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by ch1n1t0

so why the defense forces ? i dunno nevermind i guess im dumb
just seems weird like they are getting ready for war or something

Because in some countries, the defense forces actually HELP the citizens after disasters. A (no pun intended) foreign concept to most Americans, anyway.

I've been following this thread since the first page, and following the televised footage since it happened. Now that it has sunk in and the shock worn off, I'm able to collect some of my thoughts. In terms of the earthquake and tsunami, I cannot even begin to imagine what they're going through. Like many of our own natural disasters over the decades in the US, I'm certain that we've only scratched the surface of the scope of devastation. The television can only show you so much, especially with so much damage impeding travel for those filming. But also because we're not there. We can't see with our own eyes from ground. We can't smell the air. We can't feel the ground, the rubble. We can't hear the people, the waters, the sounds of that rubble. It must surely be hell on Earth for them

The nuclear reactors have me extremely worried, but I will post in the designated thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Tsunami warning center raises magnitude of Japan quake to 9.1
www.earth-issues.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah it's got to be up there... in the hundreds of thousands. I counted about 5000 cars getting swept across the country Friday morning...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BackandtothelefT

That's basically what i mean... Maybe he needs to plop his a$$ in a helicopter and go for a little tour, then come back and give a news conference...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

We are a higher level of thinkers than the i'm going shopping this weekend bunch...

This is the only place where people can get the stimulation their higher intellect desires...

Albiet, some people get carried away, or let their imaginations do the carrying... heh

-Oh Japan prime minister said there is no evidence a meltdown is underway.

Guess we'll have to wait until people start dropping dead or mutating...

At least Anderson Cooper gets there Monday, so the B.S. will stop...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

anderson cooper might want to turn around it is not looking good

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Chaoic_Black_Dragon

Thailand is even giving 165,000 dollars to Japan for aid, I know that doesn't seem like a lot but Thailand is poor as [snip].

EVEN THAILAND.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 13-3-2011 by sanctum because: censor circumvention

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anyone see this set of before and after pics?

heartbreaking

ABC news

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
People have talked about the possibility of another bigger quake soon following this one. I'd just like to point out that this quake was a bigger quake which followed one occurring on 09/03/2011. If you look here (link) you will see the 7.2 followed by a series of aftershocks over the next couple of hours and then it tapers off over the next couple of days. By the 11th the aftershocks are pretty far apart and then the big one hits.

What does it mean? Not much other than, yes, a bigger quake can follow a soon after a pretty big one. A third even larger one is probably very unlikely (if for no other reason than quakes larger than 9.0 are very unusual).

Edit: also notice how very close the epicenter of the preceding 7.2 was to the 9.0.
edit on 13-3-2011 by nghtshd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nghtshd

well we are in very unusual times ! i think we are going to see many things that are unlikely in the days and months to come . we just might see magnitudes of 9.5 or higher , experts on cnn today
actually predicts one for the us soon.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Hope I don't get berated but absolutely - I posted 2 comments on FB and nothing. Makes me worry for people who just don't seem to care one jot about real world issues. If it's not Xfactor not interested.

On topic - I felt sick to the stomach watching this all unfold it has to be the most destructive thing I've ever seen and my thoughts and hopes are with the Japanese people I hope they can catch a break soon...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

thanks for that link those are really eye opening !

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
Ok, can I please just vent here for a moment? I apologize if this is too off-topic, but I thought that maybe some of you are feeling the same way I am. Like many of you, I've been keeping track of various threads, reading newsblogs, etc to keep up with these tragic events. I've also been sending prayers and positive thoughts to Japan and all of the families involved.

It is so frustrating when I go on Facebook to talk about this tragedy and NOBODY CARES. I post a couple of things relevant to this disaster and nobody responds. I go to the News Feed and everyone is talking about how they are out partying or on a date tonight. I get a notification and think "FINALLY someone has responded!"... and it turns out to be a request from Mafia Wars.

Are you kidding me? Is this for real? I follow some theories on how TPTB are desensitizing the masses, but one does not usually lump their friends family with "the masses". I don't want to derail this thread with NWO conspiracies, but let me just say that I am saddened at the apathy I see around me right now. I believe that God doesn't want me to judge others, but it is REALLY DIFFICULT to not judge right now.

Thank you for listening.

In reality how much am I supposed to care about natural disaster in another country? I personally don't know anyone in Japan nor did I plan on visting anytime soon. Is it a tragedy? Yes, I feel bad for the families of those that died....but it's definitely not going to ruin my weekend.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hey Since the North American Plate has moved what do you guys think about the San andreas fault? In California? Japan has shifted 8 ft. to the east, this has to have had some impact in California...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

In reality how much am I supposed to care about natural disaster in another country? I personally don't know anyone in Japan nor did I plan on visting anytime soon. Is it a tragedy? Yes, I feel bad for the families of those that died....but it's definitely not going to ruin my weekend.

*Sorry for the double post. Didn't mean to do that
edit on 13-3-2011 by Omac9 because: editing

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Heh, no way he loves throwing himself in harm's way, I do think this will be his ultimate experience though...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

wow well ...... hope you have a good weekend!

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join