It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

Oh Yea?

Well I never,

Today I spent the day eating bonbons and watching Jerry Springer, while sipping gin, and in and out of a sugar high, later I refused to be served by a Chinese waiter, who didn't have a clue, Usually I am way above this type of behavior, and spend most my time having pedicures and manicures, a little nip and tuck, I look spectacular BTW.

The world is full of creatons.

harrump
edit on 033131p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Sadly enough - this is what most of the world thinks Americans actually live like.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinterzorg
reply to post by FarArcher

I beg you to get a grip on real history there, friend.

The US cannot take credit for defeating Germany, although I hear this all the time. In actuality, if anyone deserves this credit, it would be Russia. They expended twenty-nine million people fighting Germany. Not to mention the millions by Poland, France, England, and other Allied countries.
So because their people died in greater numbers, they "won" the war?????
Dude, it doesn't work that way. You win by killing the enemy, you lose by getting killed by the enemy. Our economic output "won" WWII. You really need to get the grip on history my friend.

The United States, on the other hand, expended 0.4 million in that war, and the majority of them in the pacific against Japan!
It is called fighting "smart". Let the tools do most of the work, let the weapons do most of the fighting. Our doctrine involved developing and using superior firepower. It did not involve sending mass numbers of poorly armed or even unarmed men to the front lines.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

A selective memory for history should be on your list too. The Industrial revolution like all great things began in Britain. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by gncnew

A selective memory for history should be on your list too. The Industrial revolution like all great things began in Britain. en.wikipedia.org...

Began in Britain but was executed in the U.S. - Britain didn't have enough wood to make it happen... hell they didn't have enough anything to make it happen... a bit short on natural resources the old Island is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Thats fine and dandy, but like someone mentioned before I can't even afford to vacation in my own state I'm 27 years old and have never even seen an ocean! I've seen a total of 3 states MO,TX,KS,and drove through a couple to get to TX whooooopeeeee! I rely on the History Channel and other sources to get my teachings from abroad ( I know its ridiculous!), I find the world to be very interesting and would love to do nothing more than travel abroad, i mean i make enough to where i could probably travel but the way things are now I can't drop 5 to 7 grand or more to go to Europe or Asia or Africa. It's not that Americans don't want to travel its just alot of us can't. I hope to change my lack of traveling this year as I plan a family cruise hopefully, I would love some thoughts on great places to take a cruise, I really want to go to Glacier bay to see an ocean and the worlds beauty

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by gncnew

Began in Britain but was executed in the U.S. - Britain didn't have enough wood to make it happen... hell they didn't have enough anything to make it happen... a bit short on natural resources the old Island is.

It was a good job we had a huge empire with lots of resources we could steal.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No we under utilised the resources of our Empire... We would not have got into any sticky spots had the elite at the time the courage and foresight to train the natives properly and give them the skills to properly manage their resources, We'd have been able to steal much more

edit on 3/3/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Obviously distance and cost is a factor for traveling abroad. So what if England has the highest amount of passport holders. France, Spain, and others are only a short boat ride away for them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

France is Swimming distance from me

Tho would never try it, unless I got really drunk on New Years eve and suddenly have a brainstorm that the bars in France where still open (it seemed like a really good idea at the time)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Why this arguement on who did what? You guys are going back and forth trying to debate on which country is better and who's responsible for what, Why can't you just agree we both did something good to take care of a situation, after all we did work together to stop a war, We couldn't of done it without the brits or anyone else involved,we worked together as a whole and acomplished something,we are not acomplishing anything talking the way you guys are talking,# gets done when you work together nothing gets done when your butting heads,and this is the problem with people today it's me me me not us us us, "united we stand divided we fall" that goes for the whole world not just America....yeah can't wait for a one world goverment thats going to work out great

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It's not the Americans are mis-informed, it's the fact we are put in the dark by our leaders along with most nations in the world which has become a common practice by world leaders. Instead of people from nations bashing the people why dont you bash the government that does this to it's people. It's human nature for people to just be comfy with their life styles and dont want to intervene if they are comfortable. That's why it is hard to uprise against these situations when majority of people are comfortable, or ignorant (unknowing, some people forget what ignorant means). When American people become desperate enough things will change, they always do, history has shown to.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
Why do i need to travel outside the US? Why would I want to?
Sorry, but I have about 3 weeks of vacation during the year. That time is to spend with my family doing things mostly for the kids. Disney, camping and so on.
I take about 3 days off to hunt.
Traveling to Europe is expensive, and that money can be spent to provide instead for my family, and not the economy of whining Brits and the emerging hostile country of Mexico.
I really hate people complaining about what others do. Especially people crying over me not doing what they do or want me to do.

People don't hate the fact you don't go abroad. They hate dishonest liars who pretend going abroad is difficult or some huge financial burden.

If you're happy in America and have no urge to travel, might aswell say as much. But no, what we get is people pretending they'd love to travel, they just don't have the money.

I could travel to America with not a penny to my name. Hop on a boat and do manual labour in exchange for a ride. Easy.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
reply to post by diamount

Caught that did you? I'll cite mine when this guy's are cited. Here we go - I just polled 10 people at work and 10 of the illegal immigrants working on the grass outside.

That's where I got my numbers. Any less valid than his?

People use statistics to try and make their opinion sound authoritative. Usually they either flat make it up (as I did) or they utilize any data - gathered in any context - to make the point they wish.

I'm glad you asked - at least you're awake and not just eating the garbage being spoon fed to you by folks like that. (and me?)..

He's probably being put on the spot many times. Now it's your turn, post your proof or don't post nonsense.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
you know what # everyone that continues to bad mouth america.. i dont post here often but # like this has to stop, all this hate and generalizing doesnt make you or your country that no one wants to visit any better.

the #ing irony to throw in the word ignorant!

# britain and the high horse they think they ride on...
edit on 3-3-2011 by tony360 because: (no reason given)

like its amercas fault that ppl want to get out of britain..
edit on 3-3-2011 by tony360 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ihsahn
My main argument against the whole "Americans are too ignorant to travel" statement made by this British man is money. I would LOVE to travel outside of the U.S. to Europe or Asia, but I simply do not have enough money to do so. I mean, aside from the plane ticket, you have to have cash for any hotels, taxi's/car rental, food, entertainment, and it all just seems way more expensive than just traveling within the States.

You don't need a plane, you don't need a hotel, you don't need a taxi. Naturally there's some money involved, but people seem to be looking at travelling from a luxerious point of view. There's alternatives. B&Bs, hostels etc Boats, coaches for continental travel, trains

It's only expensive if you make it expensive. There's plenty of great charitable organisations that take on volunteer workers and will pay for flights, insurance, accomodation. Will give you a living allowance too. All you need is pocket change, and aswell as experiencing new countries and cultures, you're also greatly benefiting people and communities

www.workingabroad.com...

www.ecoteer.com...

www.workandvolunteer.com...

www.realgap.co.uk...

www.travellersworldwide.com...

Anyone who seriously makes an effort to look should be able to find affordable travel, accomodation and food.

Hell. I guarantee if anyone here was serious about coming to Europe, they'd be several members more than willing to give free accomodation. And ditto if any Europeans dream of visiting America, I'm sure there's more than a few members who'll put their hands up and help out.

If you have family it's different. I don't think anybody else has much of an excuse though

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

I just get tired of hearing the re writing of history by Americans. It's ignorant

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

yeah those third world ways don't work in America yeah come over here and try to catch a ride on a boat with no money talking about hey i'll work it off! you'll be thrown off! thats one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard. yeah i can travel for free to if I wanted to hide in a shipping bin with 75 other Illegals and possibly die from it. haha that comment was stupid to say the least

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

Seriously dude, you don't need 5 or 7 grand to travel. I travel professionally so I am lucky that I get my company to pay for travel. But I also do travel privately also

Previously of the UK, now of Mexico, so i know that anywhere in the Americas is a long ass flight time with some crappy changes. However check out the low cost airlines. if you wnat to ocean hop take a look at Continental into Ireland. or KLM into Amsterdam

Tip travel mid week

Just for example last minute flight from NYC to Amsterdam right now is about $800 and that is high as we're coming into peak booking season, you can pick up hotels for around $60 a night or less, depending on what you want. as for food entertainment, thats easily solves, be careful where you go,

Point of order, traveling with a family though is more problematic,

Don't go with along with the assumption that it will cost you thousands of dollars. if you want to travel, do the research, go off the beaten track and stay away from tourist hot spots, except when sightseeing.

Better still if you want to travel around. Check out inter rail tickets. one size fits all train tickets around europe.

Now if you want to do Asia then sorry to say we're all in the same boat. That place is freaking MILES away, and take at least 16 hours to Singapore even from the UK (although flight from NYC is only 20) so only a little more. and hotels down there can be got on a shoestring, but it is an AMAZING place.
all I can say, plan plan plan and then plan some more.

Wish you luck

You want to see the ocean, grab a quick cheap alaska airlines flight down to Puerta Vallarta. Just remember, Hotels are having economic crisis' at the moment too. GOOD deals can be had!
edit on 3/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

hit me up when you make it on your raft you can stay in my backyard

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

Besides. Every generation, through our military, we get to see all kinds of places.

Come to think of it - without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany.

Nah.

I'll pass.

A greater Germany?
No Nazis ever stepped foot on British Soil.

Where was America when Poland was inavded? Where was America when the jews were being gassed and burnt alive? Where was america when France was invaded? Where was america when British cities where being bombed?

Nowhere.

America should be ashamed that it didnt enter the war untill its own navy got destroyed.

Americans are not saviours at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join