It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
First I must say why do anyone care? There is no better place than the place you are at unless its part of your path to move. You are where you are because it's the best place for you. You may not like it and you might think other places are better, but think about it for a minute. Do you honestly think that if you were in another place you would be happy or more do you think the people you have met in the place you are at would be the way they are if they hadn't met you. this mainly apply to teens, and the people you have met is a symbol for the friends you have made. for adults, i trust you would already know this. ANyway things are different for different people, so just trust what you feel and your instincts and your heart will guide you in the right direction. And remember everything happens for a reason, you just need to figure out why it;s happening to keep your ming at peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm American, and I'm sick of people saying America is "the stupidest country in the world."

Personally, I think Europe is the stupidest country in the world

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Thanks NYC to Amsterdam might have to check that out, Any discounts you can find to be in the Cannibus Cup would be great
Don't get me wrong but I don't want to take a boat thats going to eat up 3 of my 5 days of vacation just getting somewhere. Like I said before I'm hopeful to get to travel this year, I work alot with a family its kinda hard to travel for me, 5 people on a international trip no matter how you take it will cost you.. lol

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
reply to post by NadaCambia

yeah those third world ways don't work in America yeah come over here and try to catch a ride on a boat with no money talking about hey i'll work it off! you'll be thrown off! thats one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard. yeah i can travel for free to if I wanted to hide in a shipping bin with 75 other Illegals and possibly die from it. haha that comment was stupid to say the least

Actually it does work. You wouldn't know, because you're the ignorant, lazy, xenophobic American that gives the rest a bad name.

Who cares if America isn't a 3rd world country? You buffoon, boats from every country in the world enter and leave American waters every other hour!

You can work in exchange to travel across seas. This much i guarantee you. And I'm sure there's some members here who can vouch for this.

Nobody is talking about hiding anyway, it's absolutely legal. If you have a passport, all is sweet. Crew any damn boat you want. You'd know this if you'd actually gave travelling real thought. But instead, you slump into the thinking of everything being too expensive.

America, with one of the largest middle classes on Earth, can not afford to travel abroad. But British pikeys can afford visits to Australia

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Sorry dude. Not true

Jersey and Guernsey were occupied until well after France was liberated.

Also Rudolph Hess parachuted into Scotland!!

link   
reply to post by gncnew

Oh dear...

"
Began in Britain but was executed in the U.S. " quote.

A lot of things are "executed" in the U.S aren't they? Things like historical accuracy and common sense for instance!

link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989
I'm American, and I'm sick of people saying America is "the stupidest country in the world."

Europe is not a country........ were you joking there, pretending to be a stupid American?
edit on 3-3-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

link   

2ndline

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewEmpire816

check

www.kayak.com
www.skyscanner.com
www.amadeus.net
www.wikitravel.com

Also on Amsterdam, the Dutch gov is looking at cracking down on the red light and coffeeshops

get there while you still can.

But I mention AMS, as it is a GREAT hub to go anywhere in Europe, not just by plane, but train also!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Funny how we are focused on AMERICANS here. Why is that?

For instance, I remember when the iron curtain fell, and western psychologists did a first "open" sexuality study in the newly free Russia.

The trouble started with the question "what's you favorite sexual position?" Most respondents didn't know of more than one.

Ba-dump-bump tsssss. Seriously folks, you're a wonderful audience.

We are focused on Americans instead of on Brits or French or Germans for one simple, ugly reason. Nobody cares if the Russians or Chinese are arrogant. Nobody cares if the french are self-obsessed(!). For some reason, it's all about America.

Same is true within the states. Americans say the same things about Texans that Germans say about Bavarians.
edit on 3-3-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: I can

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
And as I stated before I've only seen 3 states maybe 4 in the U.S I've never seen an ocean! I have lived here my whole short life, i kinda think I need to see more of my own country before i go abroad but hey i'm 27 I have aways to go and along time to see other countries hopefully.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Also if you're American join the Mormons. They'll give you and your family free trips to Europe, the Pacific, Australia, New Zealand etc.

My nextdoor neighbour is an American Mormon and he's always got American Mormons visiting. I think the Church must pay for such 'missions', as I see alot of young men

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

2ndline

HAHAHAH I think that sums it up really!! HAHAHAH

Did your mother never tell you that is you have nothing intelligent to say don't say it

or

Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. You should get a fish slapping from the rational Americans present in this thread!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

well go ahead and do that my friend I'll put you up when you arrive

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's a good joke ain't it! I have plenty of others, British, French, German, American jokes. plenty to go around, no one is immune. Although reading this whole thread I think the real point of this is who cares where we are all from. We are all inhabitants of this Earth and we need to stick together in the coming months and years.

But we should learn to take the mick out of each other without getting too offended, life's too short eh!!

edit on 3-3-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You people sit here with your pompous, ignorant attitudes, berating and bad mouthing American's behind the veil and anonymity of the internet.

You sit here and spew your hatred and disdain toward American citizens, and I would wager at least half of you have never even been to America, and I doubt many of you have ever even met an American.

Then when Americans aren't a convenient target for your ridicule and your intellectual self importance needs to be aggrandized, you mock and spit upon one another. When there is no American around to trash on, the Brit's then start in on how much they hate the French, or the Australians start in on how much they resent the Pakis.

Listen to yourselves and wonder why Americans don't visit your sunny little lands quite as often as we used to. And why wouldn't we? To pay $5000 USD to bring our families to Europe so that we can be hissed at and denigrated by a bunch of pompous, hate filled imbeciles who make it a sport to insult us?

I would rather take $3000 and go to Las Vegas or Hollywood or Miami Beach or NYC or any host of other American destinations and spend my money amongst people who are kind and appreciative of my patronage.

Not to mention you get to avoid all of the bigoted, hateful Euro trash.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by Haydn_17

Sorry dude. Not true

Jersey and Guernsey were occupied until well after France was liberated.

Also Rudolph Hess parachuted into Scotland!!

Wow, one German, a real invasion force to be reckoned with.

At least us Europeans didn't resort to using the first nuclear weapon on a civillian city.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You think we hiss at americans?

Then you havn't really been to Europe then have you?

Oh i forgot, a large proportion of americans can't even locate the USA on a World Map.

Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
After reading all the anti-American posts around here I've no desire to travel outside the US at this point. Apparently, the rest of the world hates me!
Wow, you really had a conversation with someone like that, huh? Some people think they know it all and why do they need to impose their viewpoints on others?

We have tons of wonderful National parks and amazing places to go visit right here in our own backyard. I'd love to travel from coast-to-coast and hoping in a few years I can start. First on my list is the Florida Keys, then Alaska. Then west to see the Black Hills and the mountains and then the desert all the way to the west coast and then who knows...

I would encourage Americans who can to travel outside the USA. Of course we have a great nation, one with startling differences even county-to-county. This I have heard from people I have met from overseas in the US and while I was in their country... As I've said before, there is no better way to learn about ones country then to see it through the eyes of a non-native. As for the general reason I feel many people, non-Americans "hate" us is simple; One major issue that I feel is a very legitimate criticism is Americans are "totally wrapped up" in ourselves. There is a world beyond our boarders. But the real anti-Americanism has it's roots in something much simpler; Power. We have it and "they" don't. Our military is unmatched, no one comes close but numerous nations do make the most of their resources, and some nations have a very well trained, professional military. The UK, Australia, Canada, and Israel I am most familiar with , and they are true professionals.

But our economic power is waning, very fast. And our debt is crushing us. Thats our true Achilles heel. The one fatal mistake of all great civilization's that no longer exist? They all thought they were all immortal. No man, or civilization is forever. Any "future" is part of history. History is as much a "living entity" as you or me. Most of us just don't think of it that way.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
All I'll say is most people who've travelled and do travel will often tell you it's the best thing they've ever done, and holds their most memorable moments.

100 Free Volunteer Work opportunities

www.overseasjobcentre.co.uk...

Impressive list of free to participate volunteer programs in South America (and globally)

www.volunteersouthamerica.net...

www.workaway.info...

www.worldwidehelpers.org...

www.the7interchange.com...

The lists really are endless.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join