It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by BlackOps719

Oh i forgot, a large proportion of americans can't even locate the USA on a World Map.

Sad but true.

And you know this to be true because you walked the streets of America with a map and conducted a survey on your own, or because you read some stupid, made up, set up propaganda on the internet?

I may not be able to point out America on a map, but I can point to where England is. It's that dot on the map that I give two s***s about and will never bother visiting.

How's that?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Oh i forgot, a large proportion of americans can't even locate the USA on a World Map.

Sad but true.

And you know this to be true because you walked the streets of America with a map and conducted a survey on your own, or because you read some stupid, made up, set up propaganda on the internet?

I may not be able to point out America on a map, but I can point to where England is. It's that dot on the map that I give two s***s about and will never bother visiting.

How's that?

who's being bigoted now then. It's obvious this is really getting to you. You should either drink a beer or bash one out. Maybe do both, you'll feel better afterwards.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You people sit here with your pompous, ignorant attitudes, berating and bad mouthing American's behind the veil and anonymity of the internet.

You sit here and spew your hatred and disdain toward American citizens, and I would wager at least half of you have never even been to America, and I doubt many of you have ever even met an American.

Then when Americans aren't a convenient target for your ridicule and your intellectual self importance needs to be aggrandized, you mock and spit upon one another. When there is no American around to trash on, the Brit's then start in on how much they hate the French, or the Australians start in on how much they resent the Pakis.

Listen to yourselves and wonder why Americans don't visit your sunny little lands quite as often as we used to. And why wouldn't we? To pay $5000 USD to bring our families to Europe so that we can be hissed at and denigrated by a bunch of pompous, hate filled imbeciles who make it a sport to insult us?

I would rather take $3000 and go to Las Vegas or Hollywood or Miami Beach or NYC or any host of other American destinations and spend my money amongst people who are kind and appreciative of my patronage.

Not to mention you get to avoid all of the bigoted, hateful Euro trash.

thank you! why would i want to go to such a hateful place when i can visit all the great places mentioned above.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I'm British matey, BRITISH!, well English actually, but you know European passport and everything. Born in the midlands. Love chips and gravy, I even know who the chancellor of the exchequer is and can spell exchequer correctly!

You said, no nazi set foot on British soil

The ENTIRE Island of Jersey and Guensey were fully OCCUPIED. Sark too so I believe

You know as in Vous papiers s'il vous plait, except in ENGLISH!

Please stop, think then type.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Warm beer and soccer? No thanx.

Just kidding. I would love to see the UK, and Germany specifically. Europe looks like a wonderful place for a month long vacation.

I think the Op is spot on. The main reason that most Brits have passports and travel outside their home nation a lot is because their nation is an Island nation. Yes I know Wales and Scotland are part of the Island, but I'm saying that anywhere else is not. European countries are comparable to American states in their size. So when an Englishman goes to France or Germany it is actually very similar to a New Yorker going to Florida or Kentucky. The United States is absolutely massive in size, with many different things to see and experience before even thinking about going anywhere else. All in all, it's just different, but the same. I do not think that most Americans lack a passport out of fear or anything like that. We simply do not need one to have a sufficient and fulfilling vacation. Most Americans choose international travel last, whereas Europeans choose it first because there is no other option.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrHappyman989

After fourteen pages of vitriol and hate speak directed towards my country and it's people, there comes a point where it stop's being good fun and starts getting personal.

You insult my country and you insult me. It is what it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Warm beer and soccer? No thanx.

Just kidding. I would love to see the UK, and Germany specifically. Europe looks like a wonderful place for a month long vacation.

Don't you mean football lol! Mate, we have ice cold beer now, Just been installed. Makes that trip to the pub that bit more exciting.

If you do come to the UK then I suggest June or July, it'll be cheaper, August time the price gets bumped right. Although what with ever rising fuel prices I suggest you stay away for the time being. We are being shafted right now!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

"History" maybe? I don't know if that would interest you...

Originally posted by FarArcher
without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany.

You yanks love that myth don't you. Thanks for joining in the "final quarter" (to use US terms). Better late than never.

P.S. wasn't the guy that discovered the US a European? It was Europeans that civilized (I use that term lightly) your country. So without Europeans, my friend, you wouldn't exist.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989

Sad but true.

How's that?

who's being bigoted now then. It's obvious this is really getting to you. You should either drink a beer or bash one out. Maybe do both, you'll feel better afterwards.

so thats how you clowns are.. talk all that euro trash but when someone tells you what they think of you, you cry foul.. does it bother you that americans dont care about your place?

link   

After fourteen pages of vitriol and hate speak directed towards my country and it's people, there comes a point where it stop's being good fun and starts getting personal.

Fair enough mate, I haven't read all of the posts. On behalf on my countrymen I apologise for any offence given. And for my joke, didn't mean any harm, As I said we might take the mickey but our two countries are going to need each other in the coming months so lets not let a bit of mickey taking mess that up eh!

link   
reply to post by arbiture

A well thought out comment. until you came to the part about power. People don;t make jokes about Americans because of power, or because you military is "unmatched"

No, it's because of exatctly what we see here my friend, that the great untravelled love to broadcast their ignorance and self satidfied superiority to the world. and make it very clear that you're being looked down at like for unfortunate.

Not to mention the blatant interventionism expansionist policy by the US Gov, that what really get up peoples nose.

Like with the whole Freedom Fries thing when France refused to invade Iraq. it's mond boggling.

It reminds me of the time when at a county fair in Ohio, at a lemonade stand the red neck there, when he realises I am a foreigner asks were I am from, when replied England he asks

Y'all got a lotta freedom over there.

I almost choked.

But then is there really any reason why he should know who and what england and the English are.
not really. But them why wrap up this way of life, and sell it round the world like there is no other way to live

That is what I feel hacks people off more than anything.

Ahh yes and the wide spread religious fervor. that mixed with your unmatched military and whoop ass attitude. Make everyone just a little nervous. You know... Osama Bin Laden style nervous!
edit on 3/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by NewEmpire816
reply to post by NadaCambia

well go ahead and do that my friend I'll put you up when you arrive

You don't need to put me up, I'll sleep in a car and travel the country. Sleep on trains, coaches. You see where I'm going? If I ever do come close to where you are I'll expect a couch and a pack of beers

Despite my earlier posts I'd love to travel America. I don't mean travel to America, I mean travel America itself. Go on an epic roadtrip of sorts. My Dad and Uncles managed it back in the 80s. Bought an old car and that was that. Had a great time, even ended up in Mexico. The stories, I could tell you some rib ticklers. It'd probably get me banned! They absolutely hated the East Coast region, though. Had nothing but good things to say about the small town folks off the track if you will, especially in the South and West. But HATED the East Coast.

www.originalvolunteers.co.uk...

Sorry for being rude earlier
, here's some decent looking volunteer jobs if you're serious about trying to travel on little to no money

It sounds crazy and people here will say I'm living in my own world, but if you're travelling solo, pitch a tent. Completely free.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wow really?.. so you wouldnt take a visit outside your country because it has everything?.. Does it have the great wall of china?, egyptian pyramids?, a city like venice?, the eiffel tower?, Big ben?, London dungeons?, Auschwitz?, well i could go on for a long time with this but you Americans are stupid and ignorant.. Go explore something worth looking at and that has history behind it! not something in your country that looks nice.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Indoctrination, it is what it is.

LOL at actually caring what others think about your nation and people. You might think you're defending America, in actual fact you're just supporting every negative generalised statement being made about you

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Tis true...Americans haven't invaded, raped and pillaged as many countries as the British have...but their catching up fast.

link   
Been to France, the UK (Britain), Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands,Germany, Japan, Thailand, Brunei, Malasia(Borneo), Singapore, Australia, South Korea, North Korea, (Hongoul and Chinese writing on the other side of that MDL sign), Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Quatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan and Canada. Of course I've traveled in the US too.

My favorite place was diving in Sharm El Sheik Egypt. Second favorite, North Carolina-Tennesee-Virginia (Appalachian Trail)

I'd love to go back to Australia, South Korea and Jordan (go back to Petra)

I got along very well wherever I went but to be honest, I wouldn't go back to Europe.

If that's arrogance, stupidity,xenophobia or self absorbed narcissism........ OK

Almost forgot, Romania. Very old world and extremely interesting.

Of course, It wouldn't matter if all I'd ever done was go to the lake on holidays and spent all of my life within 20 miles of my birthplace......It's my damn life. Mind your own.

edit on 3-3-2011 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by spinalremain

It's not warm it's room temperature. If it's too cold it kills the flavour as it is real ale beer, not lager beer.

lots of different type, and getting more popular in the US with lots of micro breweries opening up.

Hell even Mexico is giving it a go now, and do a pretty good micro brew IPA!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tony360

I'd hardly call that crying foul. It was the other post I was responding to more than anything. Also how in the name of the blue nuns left boob did you know I am a clown? good guess mate.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrHappyman989

Fair enough mate, I haven't read all of the posts. On behalf on my countrymen I apologise for any offence given. And for my joke, didn't mean any harm, As I said we might take the mickey but our two countries are going to need each other in the coming months so lets not let a bit of mickey taking mess that up eh!

Don't apologise on other peoples behalf. It's no better than getting offended on the behalf of others.

America doesn't need Britain and Britain doesn't need America. Bloody apologists

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Tis true...Americans haven't invaded, raped and pillaged as many countries as the British have...but their catching up fast.

And the main difference was most British people were slaves to the Empire themselves. This is something largely ignored by many people. The majority working class and slaves despised the Empire with every drop of blood in their body.

In contrast, most Americans support American foreign policy and live a comfortable life.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join