It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
reply to post by loagun

You act like we have no links to the outside world. We have a places here called colleges where we learn too. I can't speak for all the campuses out there, but my college didn't just teach us "America the Great" or who G. Washington was. Again, generalizing.
Exactly. Colleges tend to be quite liberal too.

I couldn't get through the day without a professor disparaging the US or an american ideal.

You would think they hire their faculty from some other place or something. It's weird.
edit on 3-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a douche bag with bad teeth. What are you going to do though, he's British.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Interstesting stuff about the Russians. Will check it out in more detail.

The point about the Korean conflict, what the you responded to a point that the US has never won a war alone or as was put, every time you have gone it alone, you have your butt kicked, which isn't true and that person has no regard for history. But anyway, you did respond in a manner which could be interpreted as the US Military doing the whole thing on their own. So my point is just to remind people that there were other there also.

I had an uncle in the Gloustershire Regiment. Look up their infamous last stand action in Korea it's quite crazy

Glad to see that other things you post seem to be verifiable which is good to see for a change (especially on here) and I am always happy to learn new parts in what is a long and interesting history of both enmity and reconciliation, like that of a sibling rivalry. which in fact in a lot of ways it is.

I leave you with a quote a from the series John Adams. (good show)

King George: I do hope that your people to not suffer unnecessarily for want of a King.

Bringing it back to original post, considering the number of American tourists at Buck house, maybe y'all do!! hehehe

PS, Just so you know, the war of Independence was never really won, Honestly parliament just decided on a cessation of hostilities The contracts of right granted by the king to the colonists for royalties payable stand in favour of the crown to this day! something worth thinking about.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Ahh yes on the last part about enigma and bletchly park. As the point said hollywood films would have you believe that it was all USA USA USA. Although the work conducted by Alan Turing at BP was a continuation of work started in Poland.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm a person who doesn't believe in the stereotypes that are perpetuated on a daily basis. I'm British but I do not hold a passport as I've got no interest in traveling, I've got comforts that are enjoyed within my household and traveling has never interested me quite frankly but I'm probably a small minority in this country.

Besides Americans are quite spoiled for choice when it comes to some amazing environments? I mean Yellowstone? Depending on seasons it's a completely different place entirely.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Funny how the guy is hiding behind sunglasses and a hat during his rant.

Also funny that he doesn't reference the statistics of his compared to other nations.

Most funny that he bases his premise of ignorance off of people's religious views...

here are a couple of other points of interest:
1. 98% of these dumb Americans have a better quality of life than 85% of the rest of the world.
2. 95% of Americans don't really care if people who live in squalor think they're smart or stupid.
3. 93% of the world speaks English... and it ain't because of the UK
4. 85% of the non-English speaking world wears, buys, watches, and listens to American media and pop-culture.

Take it for what it's worth. But we dumb Americans have something going for us.... maybe it's just that "bearded guy in the sky"...?
edit on 3-3-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
First thing, Everything is on the other side of our planet for us Americans, Everything is much closer(exceptU.S.MEX,CAN) for Europeans to travel and see then it is for us Americans, our trips cost way more because we have to fly half way around the world instead of being on the side where everything is to see. yeah I'm sure just sooooo many Europeans travel to MEX,US,CAN all the time, I don't care what any Pale faced European thinks they are so controlled it's not even funny they are uptight,can't take a poop without being videotaped they talk about americans english yet you can't understand anything they say????? instead of my, they say me WTF??? Just look at the show An Idiot Abroad, enough said, they think they have a queen so they are far more civil than us or anyone for that matter but thats not the case,please dont get me wrong the above mentioned does not go for all Europeans, I love everyone no matter where they come from, there are Boneheads all over the world to single out an entire country because of a couple bad apples is wrong and stupid and goes to show that there are some really dumb Europeans.....Not all of them! so don't every european get angry by reading this...If you do then something has hit close to home...lol...P.S yes Americans need alot of work but that also goes for the rest of the world including the Brits...peace

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What a fun read. You can really get some insights into people's hangups.

All the crap heaped on America's doorstep is merely an updated version of what was laid on the British Empire's doorstep by the "minor powers" already eclipsed by her Britannic Majesty

Kipling said it over a century ago

Take up the White Man's burden--
And reap his old reward:
The blame of those ye better, The hate of those ye guard--
The cry of hosts ye humour (Ah, slowly!) toward the light:--
"Why brought he us from bondage, Our loved Egyptian night?"

Take up the White Man's burden--
Ye dare not stoop to less--
Nor call too loud on Freedom To cloke your weariness;
By all ye cry or whisper, By all ye leave or do,
The silent, sullen peoples Shall weigh your gods and you.

Do you think the Greeks were ever grateful, for the Romans' preserving Greek culture and language when they supplanted Alexander's heirs?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ali3nAlly

Thats very wrong...yet somehow funny

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Funny how the guy is hiding behind sunglasses and a hat during his rant.

Also funny that he doesn't reference the statistics of his compared to other nations.

Most funny that he bases his premise of ignorance off of people's religious views...

here are a couple of other points of interest:
1. 98% of these dumb Americans have a better quality of life than 85% of the rest of the world.
2. 95% of Americans don't really care if people who live in squalor think they're smart or stupid.
3. 93% of the world speaks English... and it ain't because of the UK
4. 85% of the non-English speaking world wears, buys, watches, and listens to American media and pop-culture.

Take it for what it's worth. But we dumb Americans have something going for us.... maybe it's just that "bearded guy in the sky"...?

Please cite your sources with verifiable statistics.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Americans are Stupid, Lazy, Ignorant, Xenophobic, Self Absorbed, and Narcissistic!

Oh Yea?

Well I never,

Today I spent the day eating bonbons and watching Jerry Springer, while sipping gin, and in and out of a sugar high, later I refused to be served by a Chinese waiter, who didn't have a clue, Usually I am way above this type of behavior, and spend most my time having pedicures and manicures, a little nip and tuck, I look spectacular BTW.

The world is full of creatons.

harrump
edit on 033131p://bThursday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
America is a melting pot there is plenty of culture here, just have to go and look for it.

Id love to go to Europe or Asia thing is I can't even afford to vacation in my own state.

ps. I've seen some stuck up European people on tv that does not mean all of them are like that, so don't assume the same thing about Americans!

edit on 3/3/2011 by CuriousObserver because:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I beg you to get a grip on real history there, friend.

The US cannot take credit for defeating Germany, although I hear this all the time. In actuality, if anyone deserves this credit, it would be Russia. They expended twenty-nine million people fighting Germany. Not to mention the millions by Poland, France, England, and other Allied countries.

The United States, on the other hand, expended 0.4 million in that war, and the majority of them in the pacific against Japan!

edit on 3-3-2011 by Vinterzorg because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

Besides. Every generation, through our military, we get to see all kinds of places.

Come to think of it - without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany.

Nah.

I'll pass.

Oh my god dude tell me you don't beleive that crap about America winning the war!!! holy hell you are lacking in some historical education there if you mean that.

There is a lot of history in Europe that America can't even come close to and living here in Scotland I can tell you America does not have half of what Europe does in the ways of culture or history if thats what a person is looking for.

I see the point of Americans never traveling to Europe its a long flight and rightly so most of the country side you find in Europe you can find in America.

In saying that Europe has a very diverse set of cultures that you can't see or enjoy by staying in America.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

here are a couple of other points of interest: 1. 98% of these dumb Americans have a better quality of life than 85% of the rest of the world. 2. 95% of Americans don't really care if people who live in squalor think they're smart or stupid. 3. 93% of the world speaks English... and it ain't because of the UK 4. 85% of the non-English speaking world wears, buys, watches, and listens to American media and pop-culture.

1, Only due to self perpetuating consumerism, which in turn will be your downfall
2, I would expect no other sentiment from someone such are yourself. Pure holier than, poor people are not worth the dust on your boot elitism. What have you done in your life to deserve the self proclaimed splendour you wallow in like an over fed pig.
3, Bullcrap!!. How can that be when a quarter of the population are Chinese! anyway, never heard of the British Empire old boy. That's why the language of business / Trade is English. Historical precedent
4, All made and distributed from China or Taiwan

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Caught that did you? I'll cite mine when this guy's are cited. Here we go - I just polled 10 people at work and 10 of the illegal immigrants working on the grass outside.

That's where I got my numbers. Any less valid than his?

People use statistics to try and make their opinion sound authoritative. Usually they either flat make it up (as I did) or they utilize any data - gathered in any context - to make the point they wish.

I'm glad you asked - at least you're awake and not just eating the garbage being spoon fed to you by folks like that. (and me?)..

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A lttle off topic, but I work for a European Chef and he is one of the rudest persons I have ever met in my entirely short life, He likes to get on little "America stinks" rants and to end it Quickly I say "hey if America is so bad then move back home? if it's so bad how come you've lived here for years? Own a couple homes and have an americanized family? You complain and complain and complain some more,yet are not willing to move home.. that usally ends his rants rather quickly, Alot of Euros are all talk, they are just upset because, yes Americans have it pretty good and yes do take advantage of it, but hey! so does everyone else that moves here, Thats why alot of foreigners choose the US and not the UK, if a Brit doesnt like Americans don't be mad at us be mad at Brits for not getting the job done when you came to America and tried to establish yourselves over here, after all we did come from your people, we have Brit roots. I hope that makes your day

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

I keep hearing this, Ironically the flight time from most eastern hubs is around 7 hours to western Europe (which is where all the good stuff is)

Just a smidge longer than say, Cancun or The Carribean

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

1, Only due to self perpetuating consumerism, which in turn will be your downfall
2, I would expect no other sentiment from someone such are yourself. Pure holier than, poor people are not worth the dust on your boot elitism. What have you done in your life to deserve the self proclaimed splendour you wallow in like an over fed pig.
3, Bullcrap!!. How can that be when a quarter of the population are Chinese! anyway, never heard of the British Empire old boy. That's why the language of business / Trade is English. Historical precedent
4, All made and distributed from China or Taiwan

1. Right, it couldn't be that the US pretty much was the Industrial Revolution, or that the U.S. gave the world electricity, cars, the internet, bla bla bla.
Hint: When you makes the best stuff and everyone wants it - you gets rich.

2. I am absolutely and utterly undeserving of anything I have. I sir deserve death for my crimes. The difference there is that I accept that and then am thankful for my blessings ... what about you?

3. The Chinese speak English too. Other than the UK and US (and Australia probably) - everyone learns two languages in their schools (if they have schools that is). Hey - I didn't say the speak good English... just English. And the UK (formerly the Britanic Empire) brought this most magic and mystical of languages to India and the New World. We took it from there - cheers mate!

4. Hey - we make the good ideas... oh wait - see point number 1.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail

Originally posted by FarArcher
Europe is so . . . old. Kind of dirty. Used up. Crowded.

Narrow streets. While there are some old castles and things falling apart and are picturesque, there's not much in Europe that we don't have a lot more of right here in the States.

Besides. Every generation, through our military, we get to see all kinds of places.

Come to think of it - without the US, there would not be a Europe, but a Greater Germany.

Nah.

I'll pass.

Oh my god dude tell me you don't beleive that crap about America winning the war!!! holy hell you are lacking in some historical education there if you mean that.

There is a lot of history in Europe that America can't even come close to and living here in Scotland I can tell you America does not have half of what Europe does in the ways of culture or history if thats what a person is looking for.

I see the point of Americans never traveling to Europe its a long flight and rightly so most of the country side you find in Europe you can find in America.

In saying that Europe has a very diverse set of cultures that you can't see or enjoy by staying in America.

Not subscribing to the opinion of the guy you quoted... but 1000 years of culture is pretty useless when you simply adopt American culture is it not?

Jus' sayin.

(*Easy trigger - just messin' with ya.)

new topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join