It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes in Libya did not take place - Russian military (Breaking News!)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
How do you explain the video footage of the Mi-24/35 Hind seen in the past week? The helo was filmed firing its cannon. Today there was also the footage of an Su-24 Fencer conducting a bombing mission in the east of Libya. The Russian news channel is just making sweeping statements. Mirage F.1s don't routinely carry Matra F1 rocket pods. They were obviously sent out for a mission when they chose to defect.

www.airplane-pictures.net...

Of course the Libyan Air Force is going to use its assets in order to gain advantage over the opposition. Footage was shown today of an Su-24 conducting a bombing raid.

TJ

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
A lot of posters here in ATS are funny. They cry WW3 at the smallest hint of disagreement between countries. Another funny thing is that they get a lot of stars for shouting WW3.

If you haven't noticed doom and gloom is one of the cornerstones of conspiracy theories. Most people on these boards aren't going to be happy until we're all dead.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
A lot of posters here in ATS are funny. They cry WW3 at the smallest hint of disagreement between countries. Another funny thing is that they get a lot of stars for shouting WW3.

Normally I would agree with you, however the whole Middle East seems to be unraveling before our eyes. There are many scenarios that could unfold, ranging from "it all fizzles out and nothing happens" to "World War III" to anything in between those two extremes. So far I would say it looks unlikely the Libya situation will cause anything serious - I doubt there will be no-fly zones, yet alone all-out military intervention.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The aircraft featured in the following video is an Su-24 Fencer. Quite a distinct camo pattern on the Libyan Su-24s. It is utter BS the story coming out of 'Russia Today'.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.airliners.net...

TJ
edit on 2-3-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2011 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
looks like the U.S is trying to make stuff up so they can go and invade the M.E again. at least they dont have to kill hundreds of their own people to do it. another bid to seize control of the worlds largest oil supplys

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

......And Senator John Kerry has the Nerve to Outright LIE to the American people about it Today . is there no accountability in washington anymore , or are they all just on Drugs Spewing this Lame Propaganda about it ?.......Geez ....

edit on 3-3-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rationaluser

russia today is anything short of BS nationalist pride station.

Yeah nothing like american media.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well, this may be a good reason for us to kick Iran's butt.

Clinton: Iran trying to influence Arab revolutions

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told Congress on Wednesday that Iran is trying to influence the outcomes of uprisings and revolutions throughout the Arab world.

link

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

It was his adopted daughter Hannah that was killed in 1986. Widely reported at the time. She was in one of the buildings that Gadaffi used.

TJ

edit on 3-3-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
If it turned out that airstrikes did not take place outside of a fictional PR campaign, I wouldn't be surprised. If Russia is only claiming they did not take place for their own fictional PR campaign, I wouldn't be surprised. If someone else is saying Russia said they didn't take place and Russia never actually said this, I wouldn't be surprised.

Such is my faith in any media today.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Holy crap the Russian news agency is accusing of BBC and Al Jazeera lying???

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Of course the Mirage F.1 can carry bombs. It was designed as a fighter-bomber. Also if you note on one of the Mirage F.1s on the inside pylon there is a ring that hangs down. Something was jettisoned before it landed it Malta.

French Air Force with laser guided bombs.

www.airplane-pictures.net...

Iraqi Mirage F.1 with laser guided bombs.

forum.keypublishing.com...

South African Mirage F.1 dropping cluster bombs.

TJ
edit on 3-3-2011 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I CANT BELIEVE JAMAICA JUST INVADED POLAND.
I MEAN IS SOMEONE EVER GONNA PUT A STOP TO JAMAICAN EXPANSION?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Russia was holding back on Georgia. They knew what they were doing was going to bring negative views, unchecked or if they just did not care they would have run over Georgia...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by manalien

-I didn't read your entire post just enough to get the jist of what Universe you hail from...

-Do you actually think the U.S. media has edited Gaddaffi's words? You've got to be kidding, where do you people come from? Go on Youtube and look up Gaddaffi's U.N. speech... He's a looney toon.

-I guess you think Kim Jong ill is the best leader on the planet too, and everyone is just wrong about him...

And Obama is really an Alien in disguise his mission. To destroy the World right?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I thought I had already covered the reason why
Russia is denying the air strike on page 3 of this thread.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

the url link above states that Ukranian Pilots are
flying planes for Gadhaffi.

The Russian Gov would not want this info
known to the populace since those Ukranian
Pilots were trained in Russia and were flying
SU-24 Russian Bombers. This would put Russia
directly in the middle of this conflict.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e13a35eebe03.jpg[/atsimg]

I completely missed that post

Seem Gaddafi has been doing quiet abit of business in them parts in the run up and durin the uprising maybe he payed a little visit to Ukraine also huh?

A leading arms trade watchdog suspects Libya received a shipment of military equipment from Belarus shortly before the UN imposed an arms embargo on the country.

It also says that a Libyan executive jet, a Falcon 900, flew to Belarus last week, possibly taking gold and diamonds.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Russian media sources have lied just as much if not more than western sources have. So have China and just about every other country, large or small. Do you remember when Russia tried to murder the leader of the Ukraine by poisoning him? How about the truth about any number of military accidents and errors in command? Russia is just as unreliable a media source as the U.S. is.

I would venture a guess that you couldn’t even read a Libyan newspaper to get the truth anymore. People just don’t care about God and truth enough to tell it anymore. Instead, people want to lie about everything for their own reasons and then justify doing it by claiming that it was for some false greater good. People do the same thing on this forum by lying about the truth all the time.

“My mother is an alien lizard!, says Russian newspaper!” I’m sorry my friends, but in the convoluted world of global politics, no one will give you the whole truth. Instead, all you will receive generally is different versions of many lies where the truth is not written between the lines, but not written at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Apart from the fact that they have just pumped billions into the defence budget, have china on thier side and no matter what you say are still capable of war...

In fact how could you possibly know what the russian military is capable of, are you privy to some information that the rest of us are not??

Are you?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
And another thing…

I can’t believe how many of you have bought the story from these pilots hook line and sinker without any questioning at all. Firstly, I didn’t see any ordinance on the pictures from those planes. As a former graphic designer for a newspaper, let me tell you, if there had been a bomb on that plane then it would have been the cover story image on every newspaper in the world. However, there were no bombs on board, so, only a wide angle shot of a plane is shown in the papers.

And only two pilots defected, not dozens of planes loaded with bombs. You have to remember who they are defecting from. They are firstly Muslims defecting from a Muslim leader nation. It wouldn’t matter where they landed they had better come up with a good damn reason for defecting or they might face charges from any other Muslim nation that they landed their planes in. So, they come up with the most outlandish claims of orders from their commanders. Orders I might add would have been impossible given that I saw no ordinance on their aircraft in the photos taken when they landed.

And don’t give me the story that they were forced to drop their weapons before crossing the border, because that would have been the best proof they would have had for their story and they would not have made them dump it. They would have simply followed them in force and made sure that they landed.

Only two pilots defected and made some outlandish claims to the media in order not to suffer any reprisals for doing so. That’s my thinking about this anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I applaud you.

Don't give two shinanigins for a second line.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join