It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes in Libya did not take place - Russian military (Breaking News!)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Let us join together as fellow humans to pray, meditate, and create a world free from conflicts based upon power, wealth, corruption, hate, and greed.

I see wars, and signs of wars, and talks of wars, and rumors of wars... but aren't we better than this?
People, let's stay aware, but let's also stay hopeful and focused on peace, rather than fear-mongering, polarization, and hate.

Let us oppose any more war. All of the protests around the world, I think it's time us slaves and poormen protest in refusal to participate in any more war. Let the rich and elite fight their own wars!

May Peace be upon us all.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
lets see...
In america what would happen if the peeps tried to overrun a military instalation?
yes dear, thats right,,,
Dead as OHIO by Neil Young

what was it that Marine was saying about shooting American citizens the other day?
"Oh Hell Yeah!" he works for the president of the United States!

edit on 2-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Protesters did not over run any military installation, this has been running for 16 days i think this was around day 10 that infantry from gaddafi's regime started defecting in favour of the people and open up the armouries to arm the under attack protester and started fighting back hence we are now calling the "armed protester" rebels see there was a good reason they all had anti aircraft batteries in the back of there pick ups because they was coming under attack from aircraft, which is why they asked for a no fly zone from the west so they the rebels could move on Tripoli, which is why it was propose by the US/NATO that wasn't just made up by western leader it was asked of them by the people of Libya

it amazes me how confused everybody is

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
CNN,ABC,CBC,CBS Are all untrusted news this very much like the CIA Backed revolution in 1989
I have been stating here dont trust the media sources.

It's a sad situation when I trust Russia Today and Al Jazeera more than I trust CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBC, CBS, MSNBC, or even the BBC.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
CNN,ABC,CBC,CBS Are all untrusted news this very much like the CIA Backed revolution in 1989
I have been stating here dont trust the media sources.

It's a sad situation when I trust Russia Today and Al Jazeera more than I trust CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC, CBC, CBS, MSNBC, or even the BBC.

Al Jazeera and BBC were the sources of the story that Russia Today is saying is wrong. CNN is showing a video of the bombing just a few minutes ago.
CNN
Al Jazeera

Looks like this thread might be based on pure propaganda from the Russians.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The reason why Russia is announcing this is because they fully understand the implications of the West Controlling Libya's Energy resources.....and Im totally surprised that I haven't read the connection anywhere else in the media already....

and this is that Russia knows that this whole Libya fiasco is a big step towards war against Russia -

You may ask how? and why I think so?

Because Libya has large untapped oil and natural gas fields......Europe wants more energy security and to be able to cut the cord from Russia being the main supplier. Controlling Libya's resources will enable the EU to do that.

It would also enable the EU and primarily the US to launch a future attack on Russia (with the missile defence/offence shield) without any repurcussions to the energy supply to Europe if its flowing freely from North Africa.

That is why Russia is desperate for this information to be made public and to shame the west....because they know that very soon, within the next 10 years once western oil companies are making the most out of Libya for Europe that they will be in their sights.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by manalien

Gaddafi is well known before this. That this man is insane is not exactly in question, that the citizens of Libya are under the rule of a crazed Dictator is not in doubt.

It's also begining to look like this whole topic is wrong. RT is not a good source ever.

Did you actually listen to the video and hear where the source of what they say is wrong was actually Al Jazeera and the BBC? You think Al Jazeera is in on a scheme with the Western Media? That the Western Media is now in league with Islam somehow? How about BBC.

See, I did not jump on you too hard even though it sounds like your a Gaddafi supporter

edit on 3/2/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
People who believe the lying Russian propaganda News machine is trustworthy are really really naive. I cannot believe* how many naive people there are on this thread. It is incredible that there are so many at this website that takes anything Russian TV says at face value. I've been watching their propaganda for awhile now, and their outright lies and slander and propaganda puts to shame all of the News casts in the US combined.

For any of you to take what RTV says seriously over other verified news sources is just scary. Wow.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Calender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
well I thought I had already covered the reason why
Russia is denying the air strike on page 3 of this thread.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

the url link above states that Ukranian Pilots are
flying planes for Gadhaffi.

The Russian Gov would not want this info
known to the populace since those Ukranian
Pilots were trained in Russia and were flying
SU-24 Russian Bombers. This would put Russia
directly in the middle of this conflict.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well I thought I had already covered the reason why
Russia is denying the air strike on page 3 of this thread.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

the url link above states that Ukranian Pilots are
flying planes for Gadhaffi.

The Russian Gov would not want this info
known to the populace since those Ukranian
Pilots were trained in Russia and were flying
SU-24 Russian Bombers. This would put Russia
directly in the middle of this conflict.

And so the plot thickens....Although people want to hear what they want to hear so i'm not sure the russia is best news source crowd will be convinced ... even if the pilots were speaking Ukrainian on al jazeera xD

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
And so the plot thickens....

yep, that was my point on page 3 & 4
of this thread.

You have a proxy war going on in Libya.

CIA instigating the protests
and Ukranians bombing the CIA,
errrr I mean protesters.

CIA working for the US
Ukranians working for Russia

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Russia set to sell $2B in arms to Libya

Read more: www.upi.com...

Though the above article is fairly recent (Jan. 2010), it talks of Russia planning to sell weapons and Russian fighter jets to Libya. Perhaps the fighter jets that were reportedly used recently were also Russian bought, hence another reason for Russia to speculate that "it did not happen, especially with our former Russian weapons and fighter jets."

Also in the article it says in 2008, Russia agreed to end billions of dollars of Libyan debt for "big contracts with Russian companies."

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

LOL If you accept that as proof then you need a tinfoil hat.
All he says is a bomb was dropped (just 100 feet away-how convenient) and Her immediate and unnatural response is no to ask "Were there any casualties" but "Do you think they were targeting civilians?"
I mean it is as if there is an agenda here or something LOL
His reply"Oh yeah there was a big crowd and they must of been targeting them" (missing obviously LOL)
And do we have any pictures again of this bomb exploding just 100 feet away - nope.
Amazing how all these news reporters and camera crews miss what is supposedly right in-front of them.

Is Russian TV full of crap too? Yeah you bet ,but lets not pretend any side has an embargo on the truth.
Fact is we have very limited information to proclaim which is telling the truth and the important and relevant thing is not even which side is telling the truth - it is that the rhetoric is being cranked up by two opposing sides supposedly not directly involved in the conflict (yeah right)
Both sides have interests so we can be sure there will plenty more propaganda flying form the East and the West - colliding somewhere over the Middle East.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
People who believe the lying Russian propaganda News machine is trustworthy are really really naive. I cannot believe* how many naive people there are on this thread. It is incredible that there are so many at this website that takes anything Russian TV says at face value. I've been watching their propaganda for awhile now, and their outright lies and slander and propaganda puts to shame all of the News casts in the US combined.

For any of you to take what RTV says seriously over other verified news sources is just scary. Wow.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Calender because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, who did you say was naive?

It is not about believing one source over another - it is about the bigger picture
edit on 2-3-2011 by Mucka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Everyone who is taking this claim as proof that the US is lying needs to step back for one second, take a deep breath and try to regain your composure. The only thing that is proven by the video is that their are two contradictory claims either one could be false. For those quick to indict the US and its western allies your hastiness belies your agenda. However, I admit the western reports could be deception. But until more information is gleaned others should be able to admit that the Russians are the ones be deceitful. It is not as if they having nothing to gain from this quagmire either! Furthermore, from the video in the OP, all can be sure of is that a few Russian military commanders are countering western claims, hell the Russian government might not even agree with their assessments. Or perhaps, they just said that because the Russian government told them to so that they could sow discord, discontent and doubt about western motives. Damn, people are so reactionary these days, more than ever it seems...now THAT is what really scares me!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Why can't America stay out of this? Is it because we put: Muammar Gaddafi into power? Did we pay him to try and uphold democracy in that region? Was there a Revolution in Libya in 1977 in which Gaddafi proclaimed Congress and Government were handed over to the people? is Al-queda really in this region causing this? These statement's by Gaddafi are being declared as delusional by the US. You be the judge, do your Research.
edit on 2-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
Why can't America stay out of this? Is it because we put: Muammar Gaddafi into power? Did we pay him to try and uphold democracy in that region? Was there a Revolution in Libya in 1977 in which Gaddafi proclaimed Congress and Government were handed over to the people? is Al-queda really in this region causing this? These statement's by Gaddafi are being declared as delusional by the US. You be the judge, do your Research.
edit on 2-3-2011 by ResearchMan because: (no reason given)

I had to have a giggle over statements that Gaddafi was delusional over his Al Qeada claims when one of the first dumb lies that was put out about Saddam as a pretext for invasion was that he was harbouring Al Qaeda cells in Iraq.

Of course it was widely known that Saddam was supported by the West precisely for his hatred of Muslim fundamentalists as he saw them as a threat to his power. Even funnier (if you can call it that) is that he was actually tried and condemned to death in part for crimes against these very people. Is that ironic or just incredible hypocrisy our part?

So that didn't wash and it was decided it had to be his Weapons of mass destruction that were the reason for invasion (And the list of bull# to support this claim is too long to type)
If you were unfortunate enough to be a weapons inspector that stood up and told the truth that there were no WMD's in Iraq then you were treated as a traitor and your fate would be to die a mysterious death (called suicide) and any attempts to hold an inquest into said death would be countered at evry opportunity to the point where the autopsy and other important files would be held under the official secrets act for a minimum of 70 years - even though there was nothing to hide because it was suicide just like they said.

So that wasn't going to well either but the invasion was already planned be damned so it was case of demonising Sadam which wasn't that hard to be fair (if you ignored the hypocrisy but hypocrisy id just another word for UK/US foreign policy) and the new sound bite was, "Regime change", for the poor oppressed people of Iraq who we would then subsequently watch die in their tens of thousands. Thank God it was victory and had such a stabilising effect on the middle East as we were promised or things might be getting wild there around about now.

So the thing is I would fight and die readily for my family and values but I would not walk across the road to spit on a politician if they were on fire and if you want me to believe one word that comes out of their self serving corrupt mouths then you had better have better evidence than, "The News says so"

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mucka

So that didn't wash and it was decided it had to be his Weapons of mass destruction that were the reason for invasion (And the list of bull# to support this claim is too long to type)
If you were unfortunate enough to be a weapons inspector that stood up and told the truth that there were no WMD's in Iraq then you were treated as a traitor and your fate would be to die a mysterious death (called suicide)

It's ironic that you mention weapons inspectors
in Iraq. Do you remember one name in today's headlines
that was a part of that inspections team in Iraq ???

El Baredai

who is in contention for president of Egypt now.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
WW3? with Russia?Maybe 30 years ago. Russia had a hard time fighting Georgia. The red menace is about as threatening as Red Fox these days

um hello, did you actually pay attention to that war? Russia decimated georgia. And mind you Georgia was using Abrams Tanks. That was absolutely no contest.

And to further discredit that, Here we are fighting "cavemen" in 2 countries a decade later. Longer than ww2 and vietnam!!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
A lot of posters here in ATS are funny. They cry WW3 at the smallest hint of disagreement between countries. Another funny thing is that they get a lot of stars for shouting WW3.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
lets just start WWIII and get it over with. I don't want it to happen when I settle down lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join