It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airstrikes in Libya did not take place - Russian military (Breaking News!)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Methinks that they missed the arms dump intentionally.

And where would Gaddafi go? No-one wants him...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes exactly all the media is relayed on from media base in that region if fact most media outlets in the region are reporting far worst and far more casualty's

There are a small handful of western reporters in the country but i don't think they are in the east of the country where this is all going on with gaddafis force trying to retake the city's by force so far it been personal interviews with gaddafi & his son in Tripoli (the oldest son sorry can't remember his name)

The interview was with Sky News and he looked very uneasy and nervous while answering questions on "the bombings" my BS detector went off the charts he couldn't even sit still nore talk properly

News just in is

The Arab League has said it could enforce a military no-fly zone over Libya if leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi allows his own people to suffer further bloodshed.

Also Gaddafi has said

We are ready to hand out weapons to a million, or two million or three million, and another Vietnam will begin. It doesn't matter to us. We no longer care about anything, Colonel Gaddafi

news.sky.com... pos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15943885_Libya%3A_Arab_League_Warns_It_Could_Impose_No-Fly_Zone_To_Protect_The_Libyan_People

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by FIFIGI
Uaahgaaaa - awesome.
Al Jazeera is a western propaganda machine.

I hope this opens some eyes to how media conspires against sheeple.

No air strikes?
If I think about it - I have not seen one. I have not seen a single witnesses telling it. Even if there would be witnesses - they could have been planted.

While you sit there and insult the "Sheeple" as you put it, they are sitting back and urinating themselves laughing at the extreme paranoia and bias of the "Tin Foil Hat Brigade". It's amazing that people here, if there is a "He Said/She Said" argument automatically assume without question that the Western nation is lying, which I find laughable entertainment really. Now Russia is the nation that brought us the once powerful KGB lying machine and people assume it does not happen today hahahahahahahaha! Russia too has interests they wish to monitor and don't think for a minute that they don't act according to those interests! hahahahahahaha

yes because those that dont believe everything our government and mainstream media tell us without question are obviously a bunch of crazy people right? I like how you turned it all around after calling everyone in this thread a member of the tin foil hat brigade and then talked about KGB.

7.5/10 would read again.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

The F1 can carry cluster bombs and dumb bombs upto 400 kg, they do have bombs between 125kg-400kg, and rocket pods will be devastating to a crowd of people, they have not used rockets as of yet, it would be all over the net, rockets and people do not mix and there will be body parts scattered for hundreds of yards.

The centre pylon on the F1 is rated at somewhere near 4500 pounds, normally houses a centre line fuel tank but it wouldnt be a stretch to put on a gbu, would be overkill on the crowd and would scatter body parts for thousands of yards and create large holes, something that couldnt be concealed on the news.

Its more likely that they are using the f1 E's to straff the crowds or to disperse, but there would be evidence of the 30mm rounds impacting the roads, they tend to churn up tarmac, the E has 2x 30mm cannons with 135 rounds each side of the airframe.

i did hear that they were using attack helicopters also so smaller rounds would be used, would be hard to deduce whether the rounds came from a gunship cannon or a tank. there are plenty of images on the net that fly in the face of the Russians, they can away and jump with the nonsense they are peddling stating there were no air-strikes, there are only pedaling for their own gain,

Just my two pence

Wee Mad,
edit on 2/3/2011 by weemadmental because: add text

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by moosevernel

They both literally just got into the stealth age 1 year ago, Neither have actual working stealth technology, Russia has 2 count them 2 prototype stealth jets based on the already about to be retired American f-22, By 2012 they say they will have 10 the united states has nearly 200 and have stopped building them because the have already made it obsolete.
Russia is a joke. China has a stealth bomber with the same specs as the retired f-117
. I am not impressed. And I think I'll let history speak for itself now...who has ever defeated the Allies????
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: bill clinton

Does Vietnam ring any bells?

No not really?

The Allies was never in Vietnam? i don't think there's enough room LOL no but all jokes aside i think your mistaken the US went into Vietnam alone, i don't really no the in and outs of it but the allies was nothing to do with Vietnam

The point I was trying to make was, high tech doesn't always triumph over low tech.
I don't know what point you are trying to make.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Also Gaddafi has said

We are ready to hand out weapons to a million, or two million or three million, and another Vietnam will begin. It doesn't matter to us. We no longer care about anything, Colonel Gaddafi

It's likely he still has chemical and biological weapons. This could be one hell of a mess.
edit on 3/2/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
Wow a Russian news organization telling us that "everything the west says IS A LIE" yeah you'll excuse me if you think for a second that russia today is anything short of BS nationalist pride station.

No kidding, I can't believe people here have forgotten about the Pravda Ru propaganda. OMG Putin is in charge over there, ummmm KGB give me a break folks

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is not my first post, I lost old email account so I had to setup new account. For me, ATS is famous for having people who don't have a clue what they are talking about. Yes there are a few good posters who actually try to advance the issues, call out the bs, etc. but it's not the norm... For this reason I normally just read but I felt this needed to be addressed.

So let me advance this debate a little. The reports were UNCONFIRMED, do you know what that means? It means that's what they heard not what they saw. Grow up people everything is not a freaking false flag, lying governments, blah blah blah seriously...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Andrew I don't trust the Russians either. Cmon, in the 80s it was a joke to talk about Soviet KGB propaganda. Don't get me wrong, I do not trust our leadership any more than I trust Russia.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

I just wonder why the "media is telling the truth" side of the party are getting their undies in such a twist.

It will sort out, wont it? We have one group saying they are bombing, but offering next to nothing as proof, and another side saying they arent, and offering next to nothing as proof.

If nothing else, it reminds us that virtually everything we think we "know" is in fact hearsay. And we dont know jack. We can decide to believe one source or another, but we are at the mercy of others for our information about what is going on in the broader world around us, and we are very vulnerable to manipulation.

Perosnally, I do find it rather odd, that all of these "uprisings" are playing out in such a similar way, with the whole internet and media block outs, and at least in the case of Egypt and Libya, you have direct claims from the person being ousted that they are being set up by the media.

Its enough to make you go "hmmmmmm" if you are a thinking person at all.
edit on 2-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

-Russia sucks, of course they are going to say that. They have interests in Libya. They will say that forever regardless of what Gaddaffi does.

-We in the United States are actually in a ridiculous situation, the Government is basically broke, printing money because it is fortunate enough to be able to do that... "U.S. Treasury" this was what directly lead the United States to be stuck in this debt blackhole. What an amazing ability we - er the Government has, the ability to print money, it makes sense that the country ends up with trillions of dollars of debt, there would never be any restraint when you have a seemingly unlimited supply of money.

-The ability to print money with nothing of value to back it up except taxes. When the interest is greater than the value of the money you print what happens then?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have just watched the so called "full interview" on BBC with Mr. Gaddafi..

Now, I would like to put something into perspective.
Firstly, this is NOT a FULL uninterrupted Interview" That people, is a FLAT and Blatant LIE.

Watch for yourselves how many times after almost EVERY SENTENCE Gaddafi says something, there is a clear BLEND OVER... to the next "answer only"
This indicates very very heavy editing indeed.
It almost appears as though he is in fact responding to totally different questions that the "viewer audience" are not hearing".
Almost as though this interview has been pre-fabricated very cleverly because I cannot understand how "Cool calm and collective" the journalists and Gaddafi is throughout the whole interview, given the current situation being described by the media.

One could even suggest that this interview, including the one with his son Islam were recorded "Before the escalation of violence" in Libya itself.

Why do I put the validity of these interviews into question? ..
Very simple,, at the very beginning of the clip the interviewer Jeremy Bowen and Marie Calvin both, all too clearly and obviously add way too much emphasis to statements like "its a nice spot here... and then "and you are here in Tripoli"?..(where is he supposed to be in Hong Kong?)..
Then, at the start of the actual interview Mr Bowen Says "the time is now 7.30 in the evening here in Tripoli..... but he does not mention the DATE!! so when was that interview actually made? 3, 4, 5, weeks ago?
It all seems way to calm to be in the midst of such a calamity...

What "IF" just a BIG IF.. this interview was carried out "before the escalation of violence".. this would obviously give the impression that Gaddafi is reacting in a delusional state of mind because he reacts to the first question "what are you going to do about it" (referring to "rising in some villages near here)
with absolutely NO EMOTIONAL TRAITS but awkwardly laughing (not mocking or otherwise) when he genuinly asked the reporter back" What is the Question"?...
There is no emotional reaction whatsoever and he remains oblivious to an "uprising" in Libya during the whole interview, like being asked about an event that "has not yet occurred thus sounding "completely ridiculous" to him and he responds to the suggestion as though it is all a JOKE"...
If this reaction was to the real current situation on the ground (if true) he must be so far off this planet he will almost certainly bang his head BIG TIME on Nibiru....and his son too.... and before 2012..

The whole interview is set in "Too much of a completely different state of mind" and in a relaxed, almost freindly atmosphere (The journalist actually says in the first 10 seconds of this clip "Hi Mr Gaddafi nice to see you again,.. we have met before) WTF is that?...

And all 3 Journalists enter the scene at the beginning in a "way too relaxed and laid back style, like they are going for an after work cocktail... totally OUT OF PLACE, it's absurd, almost "staged in your face".

Now compare this interview scenario with other recent media footage of him "screaming in anger to crowds of his supporters from the top of ruined buildings....
In the interview he looks like and gives the impression that he just come back from holiday on an "All inclusive wellness cruise liner" in the Med and not out of a war zone in the desert... it does not add up..

Just a thought, because watching the recent interviews from Gaddafi and his son really gives the impression they are "totally out of the picture,, SOOOO "outside the box" it beggars belief that these are authentic in relation to the actual events (if true) happening on the ground in Libya....

Just saying..
This is only an observation so please, don't come down on me too hard.
And I am not defending violent actions by anybody because any and all acts of violence in any form towards any human is wrong and unacceptable.

I just wonder if what we are being told is the truth (sometimes very hard to know) because we have been previously and still are, sometimes kept in the dark (lied to maybe?) by TPTB and all too often:
WMDs in Iraq, 911, the death of Dr. Kelly, the true scope of the GOM oil disaster, the danger Katrina was posing...HAARP, Chemtrails, Planet X...are we really alone in the universe?.... need I continue?

The biggest question right now is:
Why, once again, is it taking so long for the World to intervene if "things really are as bad as portrayed by the media"?
Or maybe, they (TPTB) are just, "waiting (hoping) for a catastrophe to unfold so they have an excuse to GO IN...? (for oil again?)
Or do they need an open invitation from the Pope, or perhaps permission from the galactic Alliance to stop a genocide in front of the world population? (maybe they (TPTB) want us to see what happens to naughty people if they step out of line..? Great scare tactic...and really scary...

I was a DJ working in a club in Berlin in 1986 called Labelle... It was blown up, 3 US soldiers and a young Turkish girl I knew were killed, dozens of my best friends and a girlfriend among may other people I played music for and partied hard with were all seriously injured.. for life. I was very lucky.
It was supposedly carried out by by Libyan Terrorists...
24 HOURS LATER.... JUST 24 HOURS,, Ronald Reagan ordered the bombing of Gaddafi's Palace and killed one of his sons in the process..

SO WHY ARE NOW are the WESTERN WORLD POWERS, UN, NATO, EU, GB USA, France, Germany this whole bunch of SUPPOSED WORLD LEADERS, from all these fine democratic and well run "LEADING NATIONS" and WORLD organisations just sitting AROUND drinking tea and coffee, doing nothing but BLAH BLAH BLAH LIP SERVICE to the world, deciding about "maybe a no fly zone", useless sanctions and freezing some financial assets WHILE THOUSANDS of INNOCENT civilians, MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN are being SLAUGHTERED???

SOMETHING VERY WRONG HERE. ITS called MASS MEDIA MANIPULATION AND DOUBLE STANDARDS.
and Israel continues to build the settlements while nobody is looking..
SAD WORLD WE LIVE IN....

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow I cant believe that people are willing to believe the Russian propoganda machine. How can you be so gullible. Putin fights bears for gods sake! Bears with his bear hands! Does that not mean anything to anyone??

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
How credible is Russia Today?

I've always put them in same category as All News Web, Before It's News, or Weekly World News.

They interviewed Colleen Thomas and introduced her as "a mother of a race of good aliens here on Earth called Pleidians."

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh americans ...you forget so easy

All western media should be prosecuted in a court of law

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have a missle too
lol I can just imagine what the Russians think of this video, Brother pass me another volka this women she make no sense!

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by manalien
I was a DJ working in a club in Berlin in 1986 called Labelle... It was blown up, 3 US soldiers and a young Turkish girl I knew were killed, dozens of my best friends and a girlfriend among may other people I played music for and partied hard with were all seriously injured.. for life. I was very lucky.
It was supposedly carried out by by Libyan Terrorists...
24 HOURS LATER.... JUST 24 HOURS,, Ronald Reagan ordered the bombing of Gaddafi's Palace and killed one of his sons in the process..

I read a tiny thing about Gaddaffis son being killed from US airstrikes. Wow, you were there, bought the t-shirt ( sorry bad humor). I'll have to look into that interview once I get home, because I definitely have a feeling we're being fed crap from all sides. But it's interesting to note that nowhere is it mentioned that western forces bombed Gaddaffi's son. Food for thought, imagine if a US president's son was killed by a bomb from some non westernized forces.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
This doesn't surprise me in the least and I was talking with friends about the propaganda which may in fact be false or exaggerated. Reminds me of Russia, Ossetia and Georgia conflict, another information war where the west is clearly lying.

Scary and WWIII... right around the corner.

The west lying when we have fighter pilots from Libya asking for political asylum because they were ordered to bomb their own people, and when we have international journalists reporting the bombings and use of helicopters to fire at the demonstrators?...

You want to believe a regime, the Russians, who have been lying for decades?...

And I guess your claim has no bias at all?...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Again more lies by the major media if they did defected why aren't on the news? they can blur the nurses on TV but cant the pilots.

Right...and I guess the pilots are robots who have no family in Libya, or they just landed near their homes and took their families with them to keep them safe?...

For crying out loud people, use your grey matter a bit more often...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by manalien

Very nice analysis. Information war, and how deep is it going in this madness? Starred - thank you!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join