It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
case in point:

100,000 protesters were ignored by the media during the largest rally since Vietnam, and those watching the news on TV didn't even know anything about it. so can you blame citizens when they rise against their governments who would deprive them of information about what's going on in their own countries?

It looks like FOX was "saving it" for Glenn Beck today!

He is airing it now (Feb 28 at 2pm PST).

He is focusing on the "Union Thugs" vs "The Teaparty" !!!

CNN and Fox seem to be "working" together???

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixAlpha
How can you trust anything on the internet now then? If they can create thousands or tens of thousands of false users then they can do much more. Plant disinformation anywhere. Is it even possible to sort the gold from the slag? I could even be one of those people that's spreading the disinformation. Its damn disheartening i tell you.

Don't be dishartened. Sure we have dis-info agents. They just make life more interesting and their ideas aren't genuine. The human mind is a wonderful thing. It can sort out the chaf and cling to the pure grain of truth. But, it must be exercised to work properly.

Hang in there. It is worth the effort, You can be assured Pro Trav is genuine and romanmel is too. Add us to your frineds list and proceed from there. Enjoy the journey!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes, I do agree with the argument about "Guerilla Warfare", being in the online environment.

Warfare is both of our specialities.

I see and always have seen the anonymity of being online as something akin to a digitial Ghillie Suit.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Ghillie Suit

A ghillie suit, yowie suit, or camo tent is a type of camouflage clothing designed to resemble heavy foliage.

Typically, it is a net or cloth garment covered in loose strips of cloth or twine, sometimes made to look like leaves and twigs, and optionally augmented with scraps of foliage from the area.

Snipers and hunters may wear a ghillie suit to blend into their surroundings and conceal themselves from enemies or targets.

The suit gives the wearer's outline a three-dimensional breakup, rather than a linear one.

When manufactured correctly, the suit will move in the wind in the same way as surrounding foliage.

Then again I have been studying the Art of War since I was 6 years old.

And I've been online since AOL was $3.50 an hour and minimum wage was $3.35 an hour.

I do still however diagree that this is in order to start WWIII.

I still see the Cold War and those Cold Warriors as being that defined war.

It was a phsyical war of deniability, espionage, and the Nuclear Arms Race.

Just ask Osama bin Laden about Operation Cyclone and you will see.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Operation Cyclone

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm, train, and finance the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.

The program leaned heavily towards supporting militant Islamic groups that were favored by neighboring Pakistan, rather than other, less ideological Afghan resistance groups that had also been fighting the Marxist-oriented Democratic Republic of Afghanistan regime since before the Soviet intervention.

Operation Cyclone was one of the longest and most expensive covert CIA operations ever undertaken; funding began with $20–30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.

Surrogate warfare, deniable assets, and covert funding, oh my.

Now, back to the digital warfare aspect, with some more interesting reading.

Please allow me to digress here.

Quote from : Riding the Fences of the “Urban Homestead”: Trademark Complaints and Misinformation Lead to Improper Takedowns

A leading candidate has emerged for the next EFF Takedown Hall of Shame induction: the Dervaes Institute, which is claiming broad ownership rights over the term “urban homesteading” — a term commonly used to describe a social movement dedicated to achieving more self-sufficient, sustainable living in cities.

Last year, the Institute managed to register the term as a trademark (in connection with “educational services” such as blogging) and it is now sending takedown requests and warning letters targeting individuals and organizations that have been using the term for years.

Underlined by SKL to correspond to the website

Talk about an attack of epic proportions.

Quote from : Morning Bell: The Middle East’s Third Wave

In a private phone call with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, almost two weeks after the unrest began, President Barack Obama finally called for Libyan leader Muammar Qadhafi to step down.

While the President’s inertia may have been mitigated by the need to get Americans out of the country so Qadhafi could not take any hostages, the incident demonstrates again that the wave of revolution currently sweeping North Africa and the Middle East took the Obama Administration completely by surprise.

And for good reason: President Obama’s “engagement” strategy toward the “Islamic world” is thoroughly outdated and irrelevant.

Is this sweeping attack directed so as to targets the Heritage Foundation among other digital domains?

Quote from : Law Enforcement Against Prohibition : LEAP Statement of Principles

1. LEAP does not promote the use of drugs and is deeply concerned about the extent of drug abuse worldwide.

LEAP is also deeply concerned with the destructive impact of violent drug gangs and cartels everywhere in the world. Neither problem is remedied by the current policy of drug prohibition.

Indeed, drug abuse and gang violence flourish in a drug prohibition environment, just as they did during alcohol prohibition.

Or possibly are they hanging on for dear life as the world's paradigm shifts faster than they can keep up?

edit on 2/28/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Carter setup the hyper inflation in the late 70's that caused super high interest rates on 30-year bonds .. thus "creating" and "allowing" a guaranteed inflated income for whoever wanted the coupons! ...

Thanks I missed that. I will have to add it to the mix.

When you really look, it is frightening to realize how the US citizens have been betrayed by their leaders, not once but again and again.

TOO bad we can not bring the lot up on charges of treason.... IT is WAR time isn't it?

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court...

US Constitution

edit on 28-2-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
As usual thank you for shedding light on the subject.

What you say about information is true.

From The Burning of the Library of Alexandria, the loss of the ancient world's single greatest archive of knowledge, to the night of May 10, 1933, when German University students burned books with "unGerman" ideas, to Pol Pot, who was know to kill people who wore glasses and/or had clean fingernails, there has been a war of ideas.

Yes, I agree, the Library of Alexandria, was a major loss when that happened.

Book burning only infuriates me.

Disagree with the contents, fine, but do not destroy it.

Mindless barbarians one and all who destroy any form of education.

Even if you disagree with it, it makes for an education, because blind followers do not think.

I detest blind folllowers, I lead only myself, and seek none to follow.

The last thing dictators want is a population who can actually think.

Of course.

Dictators fear those intelligent enough to not need or want them.

So do Puppet Dictators because they act in an effort to negate free will.

Something I stand against, negation of free will, I support free will and freedom of thought 100%.

Disagree with me, but do it intelligently, and know what the Helll you're talking about.

Or else you're up a certain feces laden creek without your proverbial paddle.

Why the heck else would William Schmidt, a statistics professor at Michigan State University, rank the USA at the bottom of the heap, outperforming only two countries, Cyprus and South Africa."

The last thing the "Shadow Government" wants are a people who can think and they have been Dumbing Down America for a century all the while feeding us a line of Bull such as No Child Left Behind

The true goal of US education is to turn out dumb little worker bees who do as they are told and can read just enough to follow easy instructions.

America's education system lacks so many fundamental elements it is not even funny.

Citizens are taught what to think, not how to think, and I am grateful for parents that knew that difference.

I was taught to know what to think, how to think, and to seek out intelligence through information.

Shadow Government indeed which starts on college campuses with skullduggery.

The Shadow University: The Betrayal Of Liberty On America's Campuses

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/289c965a1ac6.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

At first glance, this title is just another entry in the roster of books opposed to political correctness at American universities, yet it's surprisingly good--certainly the best of its type since Dinesh D'Souza's Illiberal Education appeared in 1991.

Kors and Silverglate are hard-core civil libertarians turned off by the "hidden, systematic assault upon liberty, individualism, dignity, due process, and equality before the law" that they describe as rampant on campuses.

Theirs is not so much a brief against academic multiculturalism, but an eye-opening narrative about how the modern university "hands students a moral agenda upon arrival, subjects them to mandatory political reeducation, sends them to sensitivity training, submerges their individuality in official group identity, intrudes upon private conscience, treats them with scandalous inequality, and, when it chooses, suspends or expels them."

Through well-told stories and anecdotes (including an excellent chapter-long sketch of the University of Pennsylvania's semi-famous "water buffalo" incident), Kors and Silverglate make their case and make it well.

--John J. Miller --

Of course I am referencing here none other than Skulls and Bones and other Secret Societies.

Right and Left : A Control Mechanism of the Skull and Bones Society, the Order of Chaos

...and...

Divide and Conquer : Political Ideology of the Power Elite, Selling The Peace, War Is The Motive

Tired of their nonsense?

Well, I suggest you take it into your own hands, and do something about it.

Just make sure it is legal, non-violent, and as well positive and not negative.

How to Start Your Own Secret Society

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79804fce98c0.jpg[/atsimg]

Amazon Review :

Rejected by the Freemasons?

Not bright enough for the Illuminati?

Burnt by the Hell Fire Club?

No friends in high places to get you into the Bilderberg or the Bohemian Grove?

Feeling isolated and powerless?

Fear not.

There is an answer...Why not start your own secret society to add an air of mystery to your life and instantly alter the way you are perceived by family, friends and society at large.

Learn the secrets of how to really influence people in business and politics by creating your own elitist fraternity.

Discover the basic requirements for creating a clandestine sister or brotherhood with the ability to control, govern and influence events at the local or global level.

Develop your own secret knowledge and hidden agenda while you plot to overthrow the powers that be through revolution and political or religious intrigue.

Pierre Plantard and the Priory of Sion failed but you can avoid making the same mistakes they did by understanding what it really takes to maintain and develop a secret society.

This book will show you all the requirements needed from choosing regalia to setting up a lodge, from electing a grand master to illustrating basic initiation ceremonies.

It will also guide you on how to take historical events, great works of art and famous names to mould them into your desires for global domination.

Of course this is dangerous territory to step into if you do not know your Constitution.

Inside and out as well as upside down.

Like I do.

The internet as I have shown in several of my posts is just one more weapon in TPTB's arsenal.

The other point I think you were trying to make, is TPTB has not just sprung into being. Instead they are family dynasties. Some are added, others die out, but they think and plan in terms of decades and generations not days and years.

If you read Congressman McFadden's Speeches from the 1930's you can see how long lived and tenacious TPTB is. No wonder he was murdered!

Family dynasties which strangle our country like a rapist killing his prey.

I see these elite and Secret Societies as akin to A.K.C. dogs.

Purebred.

Purebreeds are inbred.

And due to this undeniable factor, they marry into each other, to keep power centralized.

Through this they are exactly like A.K.C. dogs.

Those animals through inbreeding have genetic defects and their brains grown larger.

And through this with their brains growing larger, it crushes it against their skulls, which makes them bite their master.

US, the United States, citizens born into freedom.

edit on 2/28/11 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Thank you for your wonderfully written post!! I got the chills while reading your OP.

Here's some fuel for your fire in regards to the "personas":

Raw Story

TextAccording to Commander Bill Speaks, the chief media officer of CENTCOM's digital engagement team, the public cannot know what the military wants with such technology because its applications are secret.

"This contract," he wrote in reference to the Air Force's June 22, 2010 filing, "supports classified social media activities outside the U.S., intended to counter violent extremist ideology and enemy propaganda."

At least he admitted that this software is being used as information warfare over seas. This MAY have been a nod toward your very idea that these uprisings were orchestrated as a means to reinvent the Middle East. But he then goes on to say:

Speaks insisted that he was speaking only on behalf of CENTCOM, not the Air Force "or other branches of the military."

While he did reveal who was awarded the contract in question, he added that the Air Force, which helps CENTCOM's contracting process out of MacDill, has even other uses for social media that he could not address.

So, on one hand, we're being told this is being used "over seas", but then we are also told there are "other" applications that he cannot "address". If the applications don't have to do with over seas, I would imagine (logically) that the applications involve uses here, in the US. Perhaps against its own citizens?

Can anyone guess as to why the Air Force, specifically, would want this software?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

One of the things that has kind of got me perplexed about a number of posters to the thread, is that they miss a couple of key elements in the thread, 1. the Guerilla Information War, (the very nature of it) and 2. the HB Gary Software that creates personas and sock puppet armies.

It's not really that they are missing it but it's almost like they are taking a rather jaded some what psuedo intellectual position of "So what, this is nothing new".

The HB Gary software in particular is something I would think would cause most people who really understood it's ramifications extreme outrage.

Yet in what is often a jaded information over load society, it's like oh well.

Which brings me back to point A of the thread, if Americans won't even get upset over something that fundamentally destroys the foundations of democracy, a true majority instead of a computer manipulated one, I sure am having a hard time seeing why the Arabs are suddenly up in arms from the same old, same old.

Yet we do see, when the media drives the hot button issue, like in the case of the Wisconsin Union Ordeal, well all of a sudden people are up in arms willing to protest.

It seems very much to me like people in general won't do anything if they are not really cued in and prodded to do it, which makes it very hard for me to believe that something like the HB Gary Software being used is not driving these events in the Middle East.

I am not sure just what to make of America's prospects has everyone more or less wants to be the person with the "Been there, done that" T-shirt, where nothing seems to outrage the individual to action on their own accord and initiative.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixAlpha

How can you trust anything on the internet now then? If they can create thousands or tens of thousands of false users then they can do much more. Plant disinformation anywhere. Is it even possible to sort the gold from the slag?

It is tough but it always has been. J.P. Morgan took control of US news papers in 1917 and Morgan, Rockefeller and the rest took control of Harvard and the University of Chicago among other top Universities back around 1910.

What I try to do is look at original documents, laws that have been passed treaties signed...

Do these primary documents back up the theories?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Apathy, my dear friend, apathy will be a major catalyst in killing freedom.

On the Internet and elsewhere.

People would rather complain, whine, and bitch about these problems.

Instead of actually lifting a finger.

Even to some small degree, threads and forums like ATS, perpetuate this apathy.

People like you and myself write thread which expand exponentially.

So do other well thought individuals who are critical thinkers.

But in the end putting this into the digital network through the World Wide Web only goes so far.

Rhetoric without action behind it is but a hollow gesture.

This website is great and a mission of Deny Ignorance as well is awesome.

But in the end if this access of shared information is not pushed to the forefront it goes nowhere.

I am referring of course to pushing this into something more political.

Legal, non-violent, and passively.

Say for instance, a policy think-tank, something which influences politics.

Instead of bitching about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I love it! "We are taught what to think, not how to think." All the great philosophers philosophized on what it means to gain knowledge. Though many of them had different ideas as to how to "properly" gain knowledge, not a one of them ever said that you gain knowledge simply by someone else telling you what the knowledge is, testing you on it to see if you remember, and by spreading that knowledge to others without ever critically or reasonably thinking about what it is you just learned, or if it is even CORRECT and WITHOUT ERROR.

You can tell me all day long the history of our country and then give me a test to see how well I LISTENED, but my "knowledge" of our history means nothing, if I didn't attempt to make a determination as to whether or not what I just listened to and repeated via a test was even TRUE, LOGICAL, or without error in reasoning.

This is why our educational system is a joke! Why do I have to pay a university to teach me about what it means to think critically? Or to learn about philosophy which is, in part, the act of gaining knowledge through logic and reasoning?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

At least he admitted that this software is being used as information warfare over seas. This MAY have been a nod toward your very idea that these uprisings were orchestrated as a means to reinvent the Middle East. But he then goes on to say:

Outstanding find on the news article and a excellent post.

It's amazing how much stuff is now withheld from us under the guise of National Security.

While they won't tell us about it, it's a pretty safe bet the Intelligence Agencies of these Arab Nations know it's being used.

I ultimately though believe they will start using this software here in the United States on hot button issues like when Israel committs a war crime or we do.

Perhaps in the next election cycle if they want to put Obama back in office.

I really feel this software is a step to far in the wrong direction.

Great addition to the thread.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I some times think people need powerful lobbying collectives, where we could all get together say in a given area like Miami Beach and each donate a few dollars each month to an official lobbyist to go to Washington and just wear people out there on the things that the people are concerned about.

It's about the only thing I can think of short of some kind of government take over, and heaven forbid that interfere with anyone's child's soccer practice!

Great post my friend.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

I love it! "We are taught what to think, not how to think." All the great philosophers philosophized on what it means to gain knowledge. Though many of them had different ideas as to how to "properly" gain knowledge, not a one of them ever said that you gain knowledge simply by someone else telling you what the knowledge is, testing you on it to see if you remember, and by spreading that knowledge to others without ever critically or reasonably thinking about what it is you just learned, or if it is even CORRECT and WITHOUT ERROR.

I've always thought it was not just important, what we think, but how we think.

Critical minds do critical things.

I was taught to think inside the box, outside the box, and smash the box and start over.

History is made up of information from the winners perspective, not the losers, both sides are far too often wrong.

Both sides need to be fairly represented in order to remain neutral.

Education should remain neutral, but as well teach others how to think, not just what to think.

A Scouting friend included this on his Facebook page one day and I'll include my reply and a few others.

Quote from Facebook Status :

Scouter 1 : His own evil entraps the wicked man, and he is caught in the cords of his sin. Refer Proverb 5:22.

Scouter 2 : I wonder why "Proverbs" is not part of any school philosophy program???

Scouter 1 : I have got some of our scouts think that I should not post a passage every day, but I am going to continue post from the Bible,daily. If the scouters want, I can give passages of the Holy books of of the 7 living religions if they want. I have read and stuided all of them and I chose Christianity, but I can post in every religion that man follows, except for those that do not have something more important themselves; what we call it ungodless.

Scouter 3 (SKL, that's me, for the unitiated) : @Scouter 2 : Because school does not teach people how to think. It only teaches people what to think. This is one of the reasons the world needs Scouting.

Scouter 2 : @Scouter 3 : I never thought of it that way but you hit the nail on the head.

You can tell me all day long the history of our country and then give me a test to see how well I LISTENED, but my "knowledge" of our history means nothing, if I didn't attempt to make a determination as to whether or not what I just listened to and repeated via a test was even TRUE, LOGICAL, or without error in reasoning.

I was as well taught it is not just what you read, as what you do not read, meaning read between the lines.

Testing, school text books, and an education system only goes so far.

Especially when it comes to information forming young minds.

This is why our educational system is a joke! Why do I have to pay a university to teach me about what it means to think critically? Or to learn about philosophy which is, in part, the act of gaining knowledge through logic and reasoning?

I was in Public School from K to 8th grade.

Due to stupidity of the education system, as well as drug running youth, who tried to get me to "run with them", and my stance against them, I was Home Schooled for 9th through 12th grade, and this is when I gained even more leverage on my education.

College is a means to get an expensive sales receipt to hang on your wall and nothing more.

Again, it teaches you what to think, not how to think and or apply that knowledge.

Many, and I mean many people who have college educations, are stupider than a bag of hammers.

Street intelligence as well as common sense can win against them every single time.

This is one of the reasons why conspiracy theorists are targeted.

Their education is not trackable, not controllable, and seen as dangerous.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I some times think people need powerful lobbying collectives, where we could all get together say in a given area like Miami Beach and each donate a few dollars each month to an official lobbyist to go to Washington and just wear people out there on the things that the people are concerned about.

It's about the only thing I can think of short of some kind of government take over, and heaven forbid that interfere with anyone's child's soccer practice!

Great post my friend.

I started a thread touching on this in some regards quite a while back.

How To Overthrow Your Own Government, Legally and Without Violence, In Order To Survive

It fizzled out due to the ignorance of those speaking of M-16's, blocks of C-4, and nooses.

I made sure and pulled the teeth on this plan so as to not gain a visit by the local F.B.I. agents.

I'm not worried about them visiting but I'm sure not going to give them ammunition.

And as well to keep ATS terms and conditions from getting in my way.

Again, people would rather complain, whine, and bitch, rather than do something.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Another great post Proto, S&F and then some. Albert Pikes plans are coming along. Many people, especially Freemasons would argue against that and they should. They MUST support the lodge and ideology of it all. But they would be wrong. This is all part of the master plan. TPTB try things here and there and then adjust their agenda to be more applicable to different situations. We have seen it throughout history and we know that history repeats itself, do we not?

It is happening right here. We should all be considerate of one another save for the "secret society". WHAT purpose does that serve? John Quincy Adams stated it best... "Masonry ought forever to be abolished. It is wrong – essentially wrong – a seed of evil, which can never produce any good."

I agree wholeheartedly.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

They have figured out that many of us are looking for deeper answers, ones that revolve around intellectual discourse, intelligent responses etc, and I believe that they are attempting to counter that by creating their own presence on the Internet to speak to select groups with the language of emotions, emotions designed to incite people towards knee jerk reactions and not intellectual responses.

I love the acknowledgment that this may be happening. So often, on ATS, a thread is created with a controversial topic at "heart", and with the first response the thread is derailed by an off-topic response from what I call a "rock". And there is no point talking to a rock because on the internet they don't do much besides insult, lie and try to incite the emotional response you talk about above. Soon, I see myself leaving ATS.

Peace
edit on 28-2-2011 by six67seven because: wording

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

One of the things that has kind of got me perplexed about a number of posters to the thread, is that they miss a couple of key elements in the thread, 1. the Guerilla Information War, (the very nature of it) and 2. the HB Gary Software that creates personas and sock puppet armies.

It's not really that they are missing it but it's almost like they are taking a rather jaded some what psuedo intellectual position of "So what, this is nothing new".

Proto, for those of us who are "aware" it is just another body blow among so many others.

If you are going up against a small tribe of primitives with no weapons but tossing rocks, Does it matter if your machine gun is WWI vintage and only shoots 500 rounds a minute or the newest handy dandy model that shoots 166 rounds per second?

Let's face it, TPTB have had well over a 100 years to get their ducks in a row. They have had a 100 years to siphon off the wealth of an entire nation and used that wealth to put their plans in action.

1. They literally BOUGHT universities and endowed departments.

2. They have the money to buy and educate the best talent in their tame Universities. That is what the Rhodes, Carnegie, Ford and other Scholarships are for. Those talents went on to teach at other Universities, public schools, take political office or run charities, foundations and activist groups from Greenpeace to the girl scouts. It is like a growing cancer spreading their propaganda of "Progressivism" the sheepskin that covers their wolfish feudalistic goals.

3. They not only trained journalists they OWN the newspapers, radios, TV stations, motion picture studios and internet providers.

4. They control publishing houses and were able to keep books like "Secrets of the Federal Reserve" from being published.

5. They OWN the corporations or better yet the mutual funds voting the shares.

6. They OWN the loans on just about everything in this country.

As Griffin stated:

They are literally buying up the world but not the real estate and the hardware, they're buying control over the organizations, the groups and institutions that control people. In other words, to be specific, they are buying control over politicians, political parties, television networks, cable networks, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, wire services, motion picture studios, universities, labor unions, church organizations, trade associations, tax-exempt foundations, multi-national corporations, boy scouts, girl scouts, you name it.... www.bigeye.com...

On top of that you have the apathy of the normal American.

I just spent the last five years kicking butt trying to wake people up to the fact WTO and the Ag Cartel was after complete control of the food supply. I might just as well have been talking to a brick wall. Actually I would prefer a brick wall because it doesn't pat me on the head and tell me not to worry the Government wouldn't do anything like that.

Doreen expressed my opinion a little bit nicer that I would have.

When less than 1% of the population is engaged in feeding the entire population and those being fed don’t actively, and positively support the one percent, then the 99% should be happy when they are left to feed themselves....

When we are faced with rampant hunger because of the regulatory, financial, trade and foreign policies of the past 100 or so years, those of us who have been crying from the roof tops for people to take an interest in what really sustains them may be very well justified in saying, “Let them eat grass.” www.newswithviews.com...

Am I rather jaded? Yes. I am tired, I am glad I have no kids and to tell you the truth, there are times I think the typical American needs a week without a full belly to wake them up to reality.

At this point my only wish is to be dead before TSHTF but I doubt I will be so lucky. I think the USA will be nothing but a fond memory before I die.

Have I given up? - NO It is not in me to give up, but I am not optimistic.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Yes I agree. There are actually a few groups out there like that who I actively support:

Farm to Consumer Legal Defense Fund

R-Calf USA

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

...Book burning only infuriates me.

Disagree with the contents, fine, but do not destroy it....

I can not bare to throw away a book, even pulp fiction. Sell it, give it away yes, toss it NO way. Needless to say I am drowning in books.

And now you give me a couple more to go out and read.... Time for another bookcase.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

In a democracy, creating armies of sock puppets is very worrisome. Its a way of generating the illusion of being "out voted" so you never question election results. Im surprised too that some seem to think its not big deal.

Its a huge deal. Generating the idea, the illusion that you, with your discontent, are in the minority when in fact you are in the majority by far allows a those hijacking our government a lot of leeway to utterly and completely ignore the will of the people. And when you look at the media, you will just assume all the "sheeple" are to blame. All those ignorant people not "awake." When in fact the majority is awake with you, and deeply dissatisfied, but the illusion of minority is being projected.

We need to go on media "strike." If we all would just agree to turn off our media for a month, it would scare the crap out of them.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join