It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well said the truth is we need to do something to get control back of our lands and lives.

I have an idea in regards to that.

It's coming!

Thanks for joining in and recognizing the vile nature of this insideous software.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by hmdphantom

That's something that is very lacking in all of these rebellions and protests, is real popular leaders supported by the people.

Even in Iran where there are some parties who would like to be in power, I don't think any one of the three main ones enjoys a true majority.

They are all united when it comes to who they would not like in power, but far from united over who they do want in power.

Our own much longer revolution had a lot of clear cut and identifiable leaders.

Without some kind of plan its hard to imagine not ending up with chaos or the people with the most guns and willingness to use them in power.

Thanks for sharing.

Perhaps the REAL "new" leadership IS the Internet with all its anonymity !

With Sock-Puppet leadership like we are seeing ... who needs any more enemies?

These "Leaders" are falling like rocks in water .. yet without much genuine military revolutionary actions!!!!

A few thousand screaming protesters have removed some super powerful dictators while the VAST MAJORITY (100's of millions!) are watching on the sidelines!

Its as though the leaders are being "TOLD" to walk (by TPTB?)

edit on 28-2-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Heaven help us if artificial intelligence comes along then.

The machines will be in charge.

Might be an improvement you never know!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

One of the things that has kind of got me perplexed about a number of posters to the thread, is that they miss a couple of key elements in the thread, 1. the Guerilla Information War, (the very nature of it) and 2. the HB Gary Software that creates personas and sock puppet armies. It's not really that they are missing it but it's almost like they are taking a rather jaded some what psuedo intellectual position of "So what, this is nothing new". The HB Gary software in particular is something I would think would cause most people who really understood it's ramifications extreme outrage.

I believe I am only now beginning to understand the ramifications of it. I believe this particular software is up and running already and has been for some time. The programs actually become societies of their own and monitor the flowing information. The information can be likened to a harmonic tune. They know what tune everything should be playing and when it is not, the demons and agents are invoked and dispatched.

Software agent - In computer science, a software agent is a piece of software that acts for a user or other program in a relationship of agency, which derives from the Latin agere (to do): an agreement to act on one's behalf. Such "action on behalf of" implies the authority to decide which (and if) action is appropriate. The idea is that agents are not strictly invoked for a task, but activate themselves. Related and derived concepts include Intelligent agents (in particular exhibiting some aspect of Artificial Intelligence, such as learning and reasoning), autonomous agents (capable of modifying the way in which they achieve their objectives), distributed agents (being executed on physically distinct computers), multi-agent systems (distributed agents that do not have the capabilities to achieve an objective alone and thus must communicate), and mobile agents (agents that can relocate their execution onto different processors).

en.wikipedia.org...

Daemon (computer software) - The word daemon is an alternative spelling of demon, and is pronounced /ˈdiːmən/ DEE-mən. In the context of computer software, the original pronunciation /ˈdiːmən/ has drifted to /ˈdeɪmən/ DAY-mən for some speakers. Many people equate the word "daemon" with the word "demon", implying some kind of satanic connection between computers and the underworld. This is an egregious misunderstanding. "Daemon" is actually a much older form of "demon"; daemons have no particular bias towards good or evil, but rather serve to help define a person's character or personality. The ancient Greeks' concept of a "personal daemon" was similar to the modern concept of a "guardian angel" — eudaemonia is the state of being helped or protected by a kindly spirit.

en.wikipedia.org...

We've all long known that what we do online is not private but public. We all know that U.S. spy agencies have officially invested in a software firm that monitors social networking sites and web sites. I believe it is Q-Tel that is the investment firm for the CIA and other intelligence agencies. See how well we take all of this Proto?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom

I think that next invasion is going to happen very by US G. as you all Americans are sitting there and watching just more human beings will be screaming and dying in Libya .

then I write this threat ' why are you Americans so silent ' again . and some people will come and answer me ' it is winter . what do you want us to do ? ' . then there will be more threads about ' war in Libya ' and every body comes and says ' this should not continue - this is wrong '.

the history is just repeating it self.
remember that god judges by justice not by policy.
edit on 27/2/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

[color=Tan]It is not so much just the "Americans" as it is TPTB ...

"Americans" as a gov't are taking orders from the ultra elite as are all other political and government "powers" worldwide.

The U.S. and Iran must swim in the same water, and the vast majority of average citizens in each nation are probably very much alike!

The "show" in Libya is staged like the rest .. too bad the scapegoats are paying a high price.

Colonel MOREandMORE Qa-daffy-duck is perhaps a stronger puppet .. hence the military show.

Libya has a "higher rate of return" on TP'sTB investment .. more reason for a bigger show.

edit on 28-2-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
After reading a couple of pages, my question is this:

How will the ATS staff/ site ownership respond to this very real threat? Do they not think the software is sophisticated enough to spawn some incredibly talented sock puppets on ATS? I've seen a massive increase in the 'stars and support' for the 'mainstream opinion' in recent months.

What of the static IP mimicking? Could some of the mods/ long-term members be sock puppets? What protocol is in place to ensure that the moderators are in fact real people? PLEASE NOTE - I am not actually accusing anyone of anything, I am simply trying to lend support to the somewhat guarded suggestion in the OP (understandingly guarded, considering Proto's position on ATS as a respected 'multi-layered appeal' contributer), raising awareness that these are now (if not before) very real possibilities that ATS and its membership must guard against.

Whenever a group of 'skeptics' gang up against other members (being subtle and careful so as to abide by the t'c and c's, though still managing to be obnoxious and debasing) - anyone who calls out the behaviour as 'disinfo' or gang harassment tends to get their post removed and a points penalty imposed. Reporting the post more often than not results in nothing happening, especially as some of the 'people' most guilty of such behaviour are 'long-time members and respected skeptics'...

I worry for the alternative voices when there is obviously so much favour doled out upon those who advocate the government's praise or the mainstream scientific consensus - is it really a consensus?

That 'consensus' often flies in the face of overwhelming evidence for an alternative... We must use the tools at our disposal to make sure that as often as possible, the real opinions are being propagated through cyberspace... STAR people that you agree with, or that have made a very good and valid point! Too often, someone will respond favourably to a post - but don't star the post which they've taken the trouble to respond to!

Use the tools at your disposal. Don't just star the OP, make sure that valid opinions and posts you wholeheartedly agree with receive stars too. Particularly if there is a gang of pseudoskeptics trolling the thread and throwing stars around amongst themselves!!!

That was one of the first things that I thought about. Your argument is extremely valid. Yet you did not receive a respond to your post? I thought it was definitely deserving of a reply, especially when there were responses to almost everyone else on the thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

You know it's funny my friend, I think we are all feeling a bit guilty to a certain extent we aren't doing more to challenge and gain control over the government.

I say that because so far it's the people who are taking this threat the most serious that my comment about the appathetic seemed to strike some kind of personal chord within.

Yes though, I believe they are using this software, and it's only fair, that I let them know, that I know, because I do believe one day, some people are going to be held to account for all this madness.

I will get the musical intermission this time my friend.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

I didn't respond to that particular post because it more or less is a question to the ATS Staff, I can't really answer that question since I am not an owner, admistrator or moderator.

It's some great advice, and I will be one of the first to tell you that I feel there are some very viral forum gangs on ATS, but the Staff will be likely tell you it's hard for them to discern who are just like minded posters and who are actually organized gangs.

I go round and round with a couple of them so believe me I know how frustrating it is to have to hold your ground on a thread, but sadly often they will choose the tail end of threads to do that, when they know people who oppose their arguments have pretty much lost interest.

There isn't a lot you can do about it, except grin and bear and keep your cool.

For anyone who I haven't gotten a chance to respond to yet, I appologize it's a big thread, but if I haven't responded yet, chances are I will get to it when I review the thread.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I can understand that.Thanks for the reply!

Peace,
Nova

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

First of all I want to commend the OP for this thread, as it has been the most comprehensive post with exemplary thought structure that I have come across since joining this sight by far...

Secondly... Your thread and post was the missing link with regards to becoming apprised to the information regarding these "fake" social networking software used to incite as I would like to call what could be "false flag revolutions."

Here was my first post on ATS and I am glad that I have come across your post as it has brought more insight to what I have been pondering lately on the recent middle east situation.

posted on 24-2-2011 @ 11:48 PM this post was on the one about German, Chinese and American vessels in the Mediterranean...
Okay, everyone here in this thread... This is not a thread hj as it does deal directly within the subject matter of the OP's thread. So sorry if it may seem so...

This is my first post here on ATS, and as I have read these posts and the site quite frequently as of the last month or so, and especially on these "sociological upheaval crises" lately with Tunisia, Egypt etc...

These recent events unfolding in the middle east, finally led me to join ATS.

However, that may be, I believe that I can bring to this forum some valuable assessments with, both non-conventional and logical reasoning, since that is what I see here on this forum quite frequently, so I do believe what I am about to say I believe no one has said it before, after having read the threads here lately on the conflicts going on.

I may get some slack from the traditional populace for saying this, but here it goes anyways...

What IF, and yes, that is a what if... What IF what has been taking place is completely organized, and intentional and designed to take over the middle east from within...???

What IF these events are not "the people's" revolution but a precise layering out of "dominoes" so to speak and all they had to do was tip over the first one and the rest will fall in place of the other???

What IF these "regimes" (which by the way is a sensationalistic derogatory term used to describe really any group of politicians or form of government can be called a regime but I'll bet you have never heard of congress being called a regime have you??? It is always accompanied by a negative such as "totalitarian" or "fascist."

Yes, these leaders were not very good at "leading" their people, and they were definitely corrupt as numerous leaders have been and will continue to be all around the world. But I somehow believe that this is nothing new and I still believe there is something more that has initiated all of this unrest and "chaos."

With all of the advancements of coalesced "militaristic unity" with these naval vessels and countries, it seems to be quite fishy and I just haven't quite put my finger on it yet... And this time its not fish washing up on the shore...
edit on 28-2-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

You have just joined the perfect site then.
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Novatrino

Thank you... I am glad to be here, and look forward to more incisive and intriguing discussions...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Dear Galadofwar, you sort of made an implication that war is simply embedded in society. Well, in a way perhaps, as it seems there have been wars in all of known history.
The book of Enoch tells us that the angels who fell to earth and cohabitated with the daughters of men actually taught mankind the art of war. I find that quite interesting. I realize that many here do not take the bible seriously, but whether one sees it as a literal thing, or as an allegory, will there be an end to all the wars finally and a return to the original intent and purity of the Garden of Eden? Or further descent into more wars and more brutal inhumanity? Do we have a choice? I think individually we all make our own choice.

You all make your choices and create the world and worlds you live in, both individually and collectively. War is both progressive and degeneration, a form of strife and conflict. A way of speeding up or forcing what would come naturally over long periods of time, hence both progressive and degenerateness. War is not eternal, but strife and conflict is. To slow down and even stop war, all you have to do is, see the bad in good, and the good in bad. Basically kind of like a cold war, or steping away from it all and looking at it with new eyes. Because you know, it's hard to think straight when you got bombs and bullets flying over your head, and are starving, and dealing with things like propaganda and emotions.....Like its written in that rock at Delphi.... "Know Thyself"

He who knows others is wise; He who know himself is enlightened. Lao-Tzu

The reason why some people are so easily persuaded for war and by war, is because they don't know themselves.

Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it's dark. Zen Proverb

Thats why everybody wonders why war just happens, like it's a magical or unknown event.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just me throwin $.02 into the well.

I've thought for years they, whoever they are, were using software like this as debunkers of 9/11.In my internet travels they usually seem to be dumber than a bag of rocks and quite a bit more vicious than they need to be.

I calls it the way I sees it. I could be wrong but I would not be surprised if I were right.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hiya all, this thread has completely esploded so far and it's clear to us all why, that we are indeed looking at the new ways Warfare is being waged.

Lets just say I would love to have a look at the Facebook accounts that started the Egypt Revolution, someone here must have the knowhow to get to the goods, and find some of the Facebook characters that may be partaking in(more specifically have helped to spur about) all of this. Peace!

JSK
edit on 28-2-2011 by Sek82 because: Spelling errors

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The result is as usual no one knows for sure, and because no consensus is reached critical mass doesn’t happen and nothing changes.

Amen Brutha. This is what the folks need to take away from this thread. Because of misdirection critical mass doesn't happen. I couldn't have said it better myself. And I like to think I say things pretty good.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I just have one more question to ask as I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this or thought about this yet...

Where is CAPTCHA in all of this???

Are these software programs that advanced to circumvent these preventative measures in order to quell the "fake" auto-bot/spam account creations???

If so then what good are the measures Facebook and or other social media networks' security and what measures should forums such as ATS and other forums out there on the web use in order to stop these fake and agenda-based accounts from even joining in the first place???

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

When you had tribes fighting over territory there was a "Winning side" and the cost of war was offset by the acquisition of new land and resources. This was true up to and including the expansion of the British Empire

War changes, just like once there was a British empire there will once be other empires, some resources change and some do not in there necessary and demand, the premise changes but the core remains pretty much the same.

This is not true today. Look at the Debt the USA is in from fighting WWI, WWII, Vietnam and all the rest of the wars in the last century.

That to is a war, and sometimes to win one should not fight, but pass by. Passing by is itself a struggle.

The question to ask is WHO WINS THE "WAR"

Whoever remains standing in the end if anybody wishes to take it there.

The answer is the bankers! In a nutshell the bankers lend governments worthless fiat currency and collect wealth, that is your labor. in the form of taxes and inflation.

The war is not over not by a long shot.
And this is but a battle.

Wars are instigated by the bankers for their advantage and not for the advantage of nations or people.

Ah sure why not, if you believe that having money and status is what this is all ultimately about. Then you would believe that bankers are more then they actually are. What do you think gives them there strengths and positions of power, it's not all about there greed that they ride on. It's the greed's of the people, that they really count on, they just dangle the carrot in front of the horse, or flash the shiny bling bling, and cash to get people going there way. But bankers have there use, after all how would our whole infrastructure in society have been made to get to the point it is today without the concept of money, which is what bankers are for, and really all they know.

But anyways there not as useful as they used to be, and like you say they have become a big waste of time and resources, with there bloated bureaucracy's, and egos, and very much so like a leach, there time in the sun and being the big and cool kid on the playground, will eventually come to an end. But still people so do like money, and the bankers they didn't just spring out of the ground one day, ultimately they are dependent on people, they have just been given to much free reign to do as they please, and as you can see, here we are today. And remember bankers are people to, so there not some machine like superior robot, they have weakness and strengths just like everybody else. And also "people are people so why should it be, that you and I..... dam forgot how the rest of that song goes, oh well, moving on"

Once people around the world see this truth, perhaps they will be a lot more reluctant to spill the blood of themselves, their sons, friends and relatives just to fatten the pockets of the bankers.

They should of seen this much sooner then seeing it now, or once they begin to see it. But people like to not see things that are inconvenient for them. So peoples out there reading this here is how it will be, sooner or latter you will see this and it's effects on a more closer and personal level, so you all can do this the easy way, or the hard way. I recommend looking for a easier way.

If you have any doubts that the US government would allow its own people to be killed, to get into wars advantageous for bankers, here are the historical facts showing that they have done so before.

I think people are people and governments are people, and they all will do as they do. And I have never in my life not even when I was 5 yr old thought that governments are saints or all for the people, even when 5 years old I seen how people are, especially when they get a little power, your preaching to the choir.

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III? It may have already done the job in Lybia.

USS Enterprise on its way to Libya as America and Britain ramp up threats to enforce no-fly zone above Gaddafi By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 2:22 AM on 1st March 2011

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

If true what a wonderful thing for the Powers that Be, a ready made pretext that jerks at the hearts of people every where. Citizens being cut down in the streets by their own government.

Amazing it only happens in Middle Eastern Oil Producing Countries.

A "No Fly Zone" where have I heard that before?

Oh that's right Iraq.

Coming this Christmas the exciting new board game by Milton Bradley "Regime Change and Nation Building" twice as fun as Monopoly because you get to tax the other players to pay you to steal other people's real estate.

It's sure to be a 'hit' for kids of all ages!

Infants and up!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join