It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Internet Being Used (right now) to Start World War III?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have not once seen on the internet anywhere a responsible poster ask what happens when just 1% of the 2.5 million people in Tripoli, who are trapped non participants, get wiped out by the inevitable famine and disease coming from a siege on that city. That is 25k people dead. What if it is a more realistic number like 10% ?

That's a quarter of a million people dead and the armchair revolutionaries around the world won't bat an eye.

What's your role in the big picture, any different than the binary code that has been accused here of setting it off?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Tanks ,b2 bombers and predator drones would make for better playing pices than a hat a thimble and car. Does it come with a erasable history book for rewriting history after its over?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

This cannot be good at all...

When the USS Enterprise gets involved, which most should know, is one of largest carriers...

This event, and by all means is BIG...

Only time will tell what further events unfold from here on out...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Has Leiberman passed the bill allowing Obama the kill switch to our internet?

All it takes is the domain name servers to go down and Anonymous and global enlightenment goes out the window...
Reminds me of how in the Bible, God separated all the people of the Earth and mixed up the langauges to # with them. In any case, I feel we need to preserve the internet. Our knowledge is our power, and we must fight to preserve the freedom of information to exist. We should already be protesting after the HBGary emails but we aren't... If internet laws and regulations escalate, we need to step up to the challenge ourselves. I know America is drugged up off of fluoride in water or prescription meds but we all one day will need to leave the habits and regularities of school, work, and laziness to fight for a greater good. This generation of America is coddled and removed from what the real world is and how life is like. We are all so wrapped up in our little worlds and our little problems that we're too "busy" to fight for what many have died for. We are running out of time. In a situation like 1984 it would be near impossible to gather the masses into a nationwide rebellion. It is like that in America right now, only we are aware and it is possiblt that we can do this. Let's not let the hundreds of thousands who have died for us so that we can have brighter futures to all have suffered in vain.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I wasn't even aware of non participants in Tripoli to be honest with you. Are these people who have fled from Lybia? I apologize for being uninformed but I just now did a search and I believe that is the case.

I will have to investigate that whole situation further and see what I think could possibly come from it. This actually sounds like a good topic for a thread that you have brought up here you know.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Coming this Christmas the exciting new board game by Milton Bradley "Regime Change and Nation Building" twice as fun as Monopoly because you get to tax the other players to pay you to steal other people's real estate. It's sure to be a 'hit' for kids of all ages! Infants and up!

Just roll the loaded dice and take your rightful position behind the scenes of foreign countries where you'll actually be ruling the unfortunate swine who dared to think they were free!

Then continue on your ruthless agenda as the entire planet will soon succumb to your wickedness!

Lead whole continents into turmoil and then strip them of their resources as only you can provide the solutions these dummies need!

Yes this game is sure to be a hit with the cynical and evil for years to come!

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

And a bonus round of bombing the moon for extra points.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
What's your role in the big picture, any different than the binary code that has been accused here of setting it off?

That's a question only history will be able to fully answer friend.

All I will really say is that I am involved on multiple levels in a picture that is quite a bit bigger than most people imagine.

We should all do what we can though to help others. Try our level best to live by a code of "do no harm" while being true to thy own self.

This is going to get much worse before it gets better, and if you think it's bad now...

A curse shall light upon the limbs of men;
Domestic fury and fierce civil strife
Shall cumber all the parts of Italy;
Blood and destruction shall be so in use
And dreadful objects so familiar
That mothers shall but smile when they behold
Their infants quarter'd with the hands of war;
All pity choked with custom of fell deeds:
And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

William Shakespeare-Julius Caesar

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Wow, that's all very encouraging my friend, thanks. I always knew there would be a silver lining to this looming dark cloud that has befallen us. Would someone be so kind to kick this chair out from under me that I'm standing on?

Really, let's hope it isn't as bad as we fear it is.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by GoldenFleece

An outstanding and very informative post my friend.

In fact the CIA considers the number one vulnerability to 'American Security and Dominace' to be the Internet.

A lot of attention is being given by the Powers that Be in how to make it work for them and against us.

As you have displayed that's very real, and considering that not only have other governments but our own government fired on and killed protestors (Kent State) when they start to threaten the foundations of society, what better excuse to they have than us revolting to do that, disarm America and increase their near constant and total spying on us?

Thanks for sharing that highly relevant information.

and that's why it makes sense they ARE using the internet for their agendas!

after all , why else would Obama keep "pressing" a "kill switch".

They always blame somebody else of being guilty of what THEY ARE guilty of!

it a classic.

edit on 1-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well, I like to focus on the positive you know that my friend. The future is not entirely set in stone, but the truth is, that each and every one of us is equally responsible for it.

We all know there is a huge problem, the money is gone, the system is broke, no one in any leadership role has any kind of plan except hand outs (mostly to the rich) and war.

I have been trying to explain to people that yes Rome is on fire, put down that fiddle, but they love that some old song played again and again.

Vent on something or someone or some nation or some religion, or some political party, or some politician you don't like.

Tell yourself there is nothing you can really do.

Pat yourself on the back and say it's all going to be all right some day.

Some day isle, everyone's favorite vacation destination.

There won't be a happy ending unless the people get together and figure out how to write one.

Come April 25th, I will step up to the plate and write one myself.

Almost time for this year's epic thread.

It's going to be a doozie!

edit on 1/3/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Speaking of the power of the Internet...

HBGary Federal CEO Aaron Barr Steps Down

Embattled CEO Aaron Barr says he is stepping down from his post at HBGary Federal to allow the company to move on after an embarassing data breach.

The announcement comes three weeks after Barr became the target of a coordinated attack by members of the online mischief making group Anonymous, which hacked into HBGary Federal's computer network and published tens of thousands of company e-mail messages on the Internet. HBGary did not respond to telephone and e-mail requests for comments on Barr's resignation.

In an interview with Threatpost, Barr said that he is stepping down to allow himself and the company he ran to move on in the wake of the high profile hack.

threatpost.com...

Now we just need to be this criminal in jail and get this software outlawed.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Beautifully said. Something needs to be DONE not nagged or bitched. This country has been ruled by the elites using the power of FEAR. Well, it's time to quote good ol' FDR and do something about this catastrophic state of affairs. Forget right-left paradigms, we are one and must unite.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

I was at a presentation where an IT guy(hacker type who knows how to find vulnerabilities) said that there were a lot of fake twitter bot accounts, and I think he cited Britney Spears as one of the celebrities where the twitter acct was not theirs but someone posing as her. So it really got me thinking. Why would anyone go to that much trouble to fake another person on twitter? So you could have 25 followers out of 200 who are fake identities. What if these fake identities are these govt bots. and what if they are collecting all the data of your tweets and building a profile. Sound paranoid?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by old_god

It's funny, I was talking to a Libyan today and he was telling me how they have had genuine peace for a while until the current unrest. People were able to live their lives, were not worried about world affairs as everything was self contained and not reliant on foreign intervention (and interruptions).

If some new world order is being propped up, it will happen on the back of these events.

"Revolutions are exciting...but they leave many dead bodies"

Great post my friend, I think most if not all of us share your frustrations with the mainstream news.

[color=cyan]To tell you the truth, I don't think most of these people have a clue why they are rebelling or what they really are going to gain through it.

I think they are by and large following along with the crowds because it's the 'in' thing to do.

That's what's scarey right now, people are easy to manipulate and as Mom used to say, it's all fun and games until someone loses an eye and then sorry is never enough.

Great post friend.

Thanks.

I think what happens is this:

Paid organizers and mercenaries recruit the followers.

Then, they retreat and move on to new targets.

Then, the "followers" become the victims and scapegoats .....

The followers get credit for changes at first, then they take the blame later on when the "revolt" doesn't produce as promised!

edit on 1-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by freesprite

All it takes is the domain name servers to go down and Anonymous and global enlightenment goes out the window...

I referenced the killswitch in a previous post of mine. There was a recent story of thousands of sites which were shut down "accidentally", 84,000 www.rawstory.com...
then earlier there were 73,000 blogs shut down ostensibly due to piracy. www.helium.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Sounds like HBGARY's leaked software of multiple personas. Also the Israelis have had that going on for a while at reddit.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes... LOL... Albeit quite the paranoid group some people can be... Although it may seem paranoid...

In my view, and for myself, in which only I can attest for... It is not paranoia, I merely retain a perspective observation of all possibilities given... Hence, I keep the doors open for objectivity at all times, in order to determine the best solution to every question and best answer to any question, and or theory.

However, if I may recall a quote I'm pretty sure Cicero said, as I'm sure the OP might appreciate, given what looks like his familiarity with Roman literature, and more than likely familiar with...

This viewpoint Cicero brought up back in the day, also applies in the here and now, and it may come to backfire on the people who started all of this...

Regardless of a well thought out and designed plan by TPTB, or a true Middle Eastern peoples revolution, events such as these chain reactions of the people, are as Cicero stated, quite unpredictable...

"Nothing is more unpredictable than a mob, nothing more obscure than the will of the people, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system." Cicero
edit on 1-3-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Interesting post Proto,

I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this is redundant. I am going to have to partially disagree with you. No doubt the software you mention is being used. However I don't think these are ad hoc uprisings just because of the use of this software. People don't just go out and risk thier lives in mass because a few hundred internet bots stir them up. They have to have been fomenting and passionate about the issues at hand long before that.

You mention why all of a sudden are these people rising up after 30 or 40 years of despotic rule, that they should be used to it after that. Well history tells us that few despotic ruled societies last longer then that time frame before people rise up and try to change it. Maybe the older generation has accepted it. However the younger generation does not like it and yearns for more freedoms.

I posted a thread on a book by Gene Sharpe called From Dictatorship to Democracy www.abovetopsecret.com... Journalist in Egypt saw the protesters reading it. That uprising has been fomenting for years along with all the rest. Whether it was some internet bots that sparked mass protest or not the people got involved because they are fed up with oppression and have been looking for a chance to get more freedom. I personally think it was not due solely to the bots and that they were just one of many factors.

I do think TPTB do try and take advantage of these situations and yes perhaps even incite them, but something tells me this is a tiger by the tail that will get away from them. One of the things that is getting glossed over is these protests have for the most part been no violent on the part of the protesters. This caught my attention right away when I saw the protesters getting shot and no retaliation IN THE MIDDLE EAST. This is evidence they actually were using Gene Sharps book. We would all do well to read it as he explains why non-violent protests is more effective with much less casualties.

Even in Libya the wanton killing of non-violent citizens has brought down the scorn of the world on Libya. Half the country immediately split off and declared freedom. That doesn't just happen because of some internet bots. It happens because the people are sick of the oppression.

IMO This is much more then just a bunch of software bots inciting people to mindlessly rise up. It has been fomenting for decades. The scenes of Tienanmen Square in China were burned into our brains when we saw those brave students standing up to tanks un-armed! Those seeds have been germinating for a long time. They will rise up soon again even though China has locked down the internet there to prevent bots and freedom thought. Same with N. Korea.

Yeah Egypt's problems are not over yet. Will the military relinquish power and hold elections as promised is the big question. However i think if they do not, Then the protesters will resume thier non-violent fight. All that is not inspired by just some bots inciting protest.

There are always factions seeking to take advantage and gain control of any revolution, it is the nature of the beast. However this is bigger then just another government conspiracy it is possible it may not end well and some faction will gain the control it desires. However in my view it will only be temporary as this is a real beginning in a shift in consciousness that will change the world entirely in the next 20-30 years.

edit on 1-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If you look carefully at the news worldwide what you may come to understand, given the year 2011, or 5772 in the Hebrew calendar is that we are witnessing the slow unfolding of Armageddon / Apocalypse....

As for 911 'god' (simply the opposite spelling of dog) will prove 'his' (probably ITs) existence by coincidence.

The coincidence is that 911 is your emergency number.

Ah well, Satan will always say that he (IT) is 'god'.

The stock exchanges have closed as there is practically nothing left. No future(s)!

I see that the unrest has now spread to China.

I.T. is this really Information Technology or is it International Terrorism / Identity Theft?

Do we really need it? Or should we throw our big brother speak-writes (1984) out of the Windows.

How about a purely US Secular system based on morality and a totally crime free society. A US intranet using only left to right ENGLISH, the shortest Latin alphabet, with no acceted characters, and ignoring ALL other languages, right to left scribble and 5800 Chinese character/pictograms. Maybe this is too obvious?

America was only discovered in 1492 so where did all the empty skyscrapers come from and what USEFUL purpose do they serve? Does the sky NEED to be scraped? Remember that we are just bunny/bird men and do we really need these rabbit stackers (trade term) or should we never have built higher that two stories???

Are the Muslims really praying to the Sphinx aka Abu Hol, the Father of Terror?

Answers: You don't know. 'Father' forgive them they know NOT what they do.

At five years of age I vowed never to have children on this creation as it just is NOT suitable.

Looks from here as if IT is in 'heaven' it also looks like IT is over.

Commander Ian Chattan ex NATO SIS for the Gehiem Staats Politie Brussels. Yep, GE STA PO

Hitler wanted 3000 years on this planet but we only get 2000 approximately.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join