It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by notofdahsheeple

they profess to be better than that.
so if they are, let stand up proudly and show them self.
instead they choose hide.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Actually this should be quite interesting I usually don't cheer to much for anon but their target this time is worthwhile
I guess for Phelps karma is paying off. The hornets nest of 4chan has been stirred up I hope he feels their sting.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

*Sigh*

Again, 4Chan is not Anon.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Open Letter to Westboro Baptist Church
AN OPEN LETTER FROM ANONYMOUS
...The time for us to be idle spectators in your inhumane treatment of fellow Man has reached its apex, and we shall now be moved to action....

lol wut?

If this is the "apex," or highpoint of the time for us to be spectators, doesn't that imply that being a spectator is the optimal choice, and thus that no action should be taken? Moreover, the exact meaning of "being a specator in one's treatment of somthing" is far from clear.

DictionFail.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
SpellingFail.

Touche. I suppose I set myself up for that. Fair enough...

But then again, I'm not issuing policy statements in which I claim to be the spokesperson for a huge group of internet hacktivists.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

No, just I find generally people are more willing to pay attention to an opposition's argument if they at least put the effort in to double-check their spelling and grammar before posting. (Not a dig, a general observation from topics I've browsed.)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
well if they want to impress me,
let them come from behind their computer screens.
and let the world see their face. the chickens@#3 little sob.
if your not willing to show your face for a cause you believe in
what flippin good are you.

they can kindof do that... It is unwise to underestimate what internet people can find out about folks and what they'll do with the info once they have it. The things hackers can do to and with websites is also pretty chilling. People hack into websites, they can hijack all kinds of important info and disrupt finances, seed viruses. And so many website owners are total dimwits about security. Let's say, for example, anon discovers fifty gay loveletters sent from Phelps's email and maybe drops the whole lot online for everyone to read... Or hits the jackpot and ferrets out a company credit card number, perhaps accidentally telling it to a guy who plans on wiring about a gajillion bucks to an offshore account. Our society has put a high price on our personal data. It's would be horrifically easy for anon to inflict severe real world damage on target groups if they felt like it, without leaving the comfort of their own computers. Internets is serious business.

I guess if Phelps & Co. knew that, they would be marvelling at the pile of bricks that just dropped from their collective fat, purulent buns. They'd probably also be hoping that maybe god didn't actually hate them by now after all they'd done, and might throw a miracle their way, or at least some dog curtains.

In my humblest of opinions, go Anonymous. /b/ makes me shake my head, but they do produce at least some good lulz and also sometimes things I wish I could do to villainous scumbags. Sometimes they do something awful to someone who doesn't deserve it, but they're trolls, basically... I wouldn't expect anything less out of something as chaotic neutral as anon is in every way.

I'm for the first amendment. I'm also for ensuring accountability for nefarious actions...justice, if you will. If the gubment shouldn't do it, why not anon? I truly hope they smash the bejeezus out of those horrible WBC swine.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vizzle
reply to post by ELahrairah

*Sigh*

Again, 4Chan is not Anon.

Let me quote you so people read that again.

This Anon who issued the letter to the freaking morons of Westboro speaks for himself & if others decide to join in to help his cause then so be it, but there's not some cabal of hackers sitting around planning actions as a group.

Personally I'd love to see Westboro kicked in the teeth, but DDOsing their website isn't going to hurt them much. What someone mentioned earlier about getting dirt on Westboro through their emails now that's interesting.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Op you might want to put this in your post.

Online pdf reader
view.samurajdata.se...

Westboro response
www.godhatesfags.com...

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Thanks. I have tried to make it clear that:

4chan is not Anon

in multiple threads. People seem to assume they are one and the same. They are not. What happens when you assume?

Agree on the DDOS attacks. Anon has more at its disposal that the LOIC tool. People assume DDOS because of the wikileaks attacks and whatnot. What happened to HB was a completely different kind of hack. People like MindSpin have no clue what they are talking about when they ASSUME that DDOS / LOIC is anything like the HB hack.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by notofdahsheeple
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

umm yeah cuz the U.S. govt isnt hiding behind anything. If lead by example means anything then anon is following the example of the government.

It's really not that hard to find out the names of the people in the government can't say the same about anon huh?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

It seems their website is now unreachable. Anyone else able to connect to it?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think this is long overdue! I myself sent a letter to the church a year ago expressing my disgust for what they were doing along with some quotes from Jesus to back up my point of view. They never wrote me back lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Already posted.
Oh well.

Hope they take these scum down.
edit on 20-2-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join