It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Don't really want to go to random sites....

I mean news articles, sources for this event.

And thanks for the link to the google search page

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWizard

At the same time, Anon delivers. And the one can sometimes rally the many.

Remember. None of us are as cruel as all of us. And anon seeks the lulz. WBBC has long been a source of lulz. A take down for them would be the final epic lulz anon seeks before moving on like the vicious horde they are.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Westboro Baptist Church claim to be a christian church, that spends most of their time spreading hateful vitriol across the internet and the United States. They are a false church full of liars, deceivers, and oathbreakers. that which God hates in general. These people are some of the worst examples of christian life out there. They tried to come to this area to protest, but were ran off. They are one of the most evil groups that ever walked this country.

westboro's web page: www.godhatesfags.com...

www.examiner.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

Just a few examples of how evil these people are.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

As much as I would like to see this cult of snakeoil lawyers get a good punch in the face, doesn't Anonymous give up their soul, cause de celebre, political capital, purpose, and most importantly the rightious point of view from which to look down from?

Anyone whos main mantra is about protecting free speech needs to just sit back and deal with it when that free speech bothers them. Otherwise they have undone themselves completely.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Then don't ask for proof.

The pdf I posted has most of it in one place so you don't have to visit any "random" sites, unless you want to use the pdf viewer instead of downloading the pdf, which is fair enough.

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

these people need culling, best be done from a helicopter but i still defend their right to free speech!

Indeed at least they have the balls to do what they do in person though.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
No one seems to realize that the WBC isn't any kind of Christian church or belief. It's a religion all right but not the kind they want you to think they subscribe to. They're running a scam. They want you to get worked up and all full of hate towards them because they are looking for lawsuits and that's it. They don't really think God Hates Fags but they want you to think they do.

The more publicity and attention they can get that draws more people out to hate them, the better chance they have at suing someone. This has nothing to do with exercising free speech but it does everything to do with what the law says about it. They get away with what they do because of their right to free speech but not because they believe in what they say.

I hope they can be taken out but I do believe the only way they can be taken out is by playing their game against them. The last thing anyone should do is attack them by violating their rights--they will sue and they will win. And that is their game.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

I hope they can be taken out but I do believe the only way they can be taken out is by playing their game against them. The last thing anyone should do is attack them by violating their rights--they will sue and they will win. And that is their game.

But who would they sue?

Genuine question.

MBF

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ABOUT TIME!!!! If they don't stop, put their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and home addresses on here so people can express THEIR free speech!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Then don't ask for proof.

The pdf I posted has most of it in one place so you don't have to visit any "random" sites, unless you want to use the pdf viewer instead of downloading the pdf, which is fair enough.

NEWS articles.... do you have news articles confirming what you have said.... It's simple really.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Let's all read carefully, what does this mean? Does this mean I can start a church to worship ladybugs? Sure. Can I then gather with other labybug believers on Tuesday (ladybug sabbath) mornings and worship? Sure can. Can we ladybuggers picket our local government or federal government (peacefuly), about issues important to us? Yep, all protected. Now, what if us "ladybuggers" want to run an ad campaign, let's say "Sara Palin is anti-ladybug and a fag/dyke". Not protected. Not ever. NEVER. This is defamation, call it slander, call it libel, call it whatever you like.

The US Constitution is to protect the individual's right to question and protest government authority, not defame other individuals.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Did you read the part about "harassing, assualting, mocking...", didn't think so. If Anonymous wants to go hack whoever, fine. If they get caught, they get caught. If us americans hadn't lost our spine years ago, the actions of WBC would have NEVER been allowed to continue and we would not be discussing this.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Why do you want news articles? I thought they were all faked by the powers that be.....
and surely they could also be random sites or is it that you know the partyvan site and know what it contains?

Go and browse what I have given you the first link is a anon site the other was put together so people can easily see what they are about.

Edit - www.google.co.uk...=psy&hl=en&safe=off&q=anonymous%20epilepsy%20attack&aq=1&aqi=g2g-v2&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=68704d3128309f03&pf=p&pdl=3 00
or
tinyurl...(dot)com/652kzop
epilepsy attack

Raid on missing childs site.
villagethinker.wordpress.com...

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: mmmm ats is breaking my tinyurl

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: added another link for blupblup to ignore

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Here's one instance. Basically, they will sue anyone who tries to deny their right to protest:

Westboro Baptist founder's daughter sues St. Joseph

The entire family are lawyers.

Here is a good write-up I found on them a while ago, bringing their scam to light.

Link

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Why do you want news articles? I thought they were all faked by the powers that be.....
and surely they could also be random sites or is it that you know the partyvan site and know what it contains?

No news articles would be fine.... that's how this site generally works, you make a statement or claim something and then you back it up.
I would like to see some proof of what you've said, It must have made the news, much in the same way that the WBC antics do.

You have failed to do so.... that's cool.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I gave you a site made by anons full of anon raids and a pdf or what they have done in the past. you could of researched your self but you chose to ignore it and want me to do your research pffft better luck next time

You have to back up your claims with news articles? news to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Of course it is WBC's right to say what they want to. No matter how much it bothers and sickens me. However, there is no infringement on their freedom of speech if I or ANON or any other individual decides to shut them up. It's simply called being taken to the woodshed. If the gubment tells them to shut up, then I HAVE to stand along side them (WBC) and support their rights. I will hold my nose while I do though.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hate to say it but Anon shutting down a couple of websites is not going to stop WBC.
And as vile and disgusting as I find WBC's view, the Constitution does not guarantee you the "right to not be offended"....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It remains intensely puzzling to me why this cult continues to be able to function freely with their harassments, and that's exactly what it is. If law enforcement, and small municipalities continue to grant them permits to protest, then why doesn't the private sector file a civil lawsuit for damages received from public harassment?
It's hate speech, harassment, trespassing, and I'm sure the individuals involved could come up with some other illegalities.

If they showed up at one of my relatives funerals, I would slam a law suit on them (for mental anguish) and any other damages the lawyers could come up with so fast it would make their heads spin like the girl in the exorcist.

Let them counter-sue. Who cares? Money talks. They are deliberately intimidating people with hatred.
edit on 2/20/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Hate to say it but Anon shutting down a couple of websites is not going to stop WBC.
And as vile and disgusting as I find WBC's view, the Constitution does not guarantee you the "right to not be offended"....

But not everyone who is offended by WBC are American.

So the constitutional aspect doesn't really apply.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Anonymous, if you continue to act in such a manner, I might have to tip my hat off to you. Way to go! Your efforts to help the people are certainly not going unoticed. We appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join