It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

This article in part sheds some light on the subject of how groups of people organize their movements & brand themselves under the umbrella of Anonymous. Short version; Anonymous is not a cohesive group.

It's a good read:
arstechnica.com... gn=rss

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

anonnews.org...

If they have no leaders then how can anything put out by anon be fake or a hoax? a failure with no support yes.

To the Media: Just because it was posted on AnonNews doesn't mean every single Anon is in agreement, in fact in this case it doesn't even mean a single Anon is in agreement. Next time, if you could give us a few minutes to put all our paperwork in order, we'll be sure to let you know what we're up to. (LOL)

??? So the "20" people that wrote that know that all other anons are against the op?
edit on 22-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Guaranteed that if Fred himself read that letter; he quietly sat for a moment before uttering........ "FAG!".

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Thank you that did shed a little more light on the origination and it's nature.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Constitution:
"Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peacably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" (emphasis mine.)

If they go to funerals with the intent of causing disruption, isn`t the line of peacable assembly crossed? They instigate, and incite and then people react. Maybe the cops ought to be the ones reacting?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Seriously, get your facts straight. If I wanted to be defensive i simply wouldn't have posted the link! Full stop.

Seriously, read what I write before getting your panties in a bunch.

But I did... I'm not a hypocrite. And by all accounts it was a trap. Or something is amiss. I admit it.

Hell, i'm here with you trying to figure it out, so chill a little.

I very specifically pointed out that all the Anon groupies that could not wait to defend Anon in this attack against free speech went quiet when the press release from Anon pointing out that is exactly why they would not do this came out went silent. If you were not one of those groupies, then shouting about how you were still here makes pretty much no sense.

I am "chill." I did not point to anyone in particular and label them or accuse them of anything. You raised your hand and asked to be noticed in reference to that post. Maybe now you see the folly in that?

I do hope you see now that enough time has passed how what I was pointing out has been proven more than true. All those defenses of Anon quickly desolved into a quiet wonder, did they not?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
who are these fanatics, ive never heard of them, maybe because im not american but what is so different from this church and others.

REPLY: it's not really a church as such. It's mostly one family, a couple of which used to be lawyers. They submit requests to get permits to protest, hoping they'll get turned down, then they can sue. That's what they are all about; nothing more or less. They might be citizens but they are not Americans.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just had to de-lurk because I had to ask- should we stay away from the WBC's website from now on? I admit I peeked in this morn for a quick look, but the page never loaded; are they trolling(if that's true of course) for any IP that shows up, or just ones that are the same that repeatedly show up in a short time is what they'd be watching for? Eh. I hadn't read about the whole, "it's a trap!" thing until AFTER I'd tried going there.

But anyway,I'm just a tad worried now.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

So is this a official spokesman?

edit on 24-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Those rights which you don't understand, are Creator endowed and are protected by the Constitution. Your whole statement was showing your ignorance. Obviously if someone acts out in a way that limits or stops the freedom of another that person is breaking the Supreme law. Obviously that person is a criminal and should be held accountable. You remove the freedom of another & you remove your own and everyone else.

The Civil war was not about slavery. Only a small percent of the South owned slaves. Grow up, and go do your research.
edit on 25-2-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

I agree.

This is a good example of why it is not a good idea to to keep poking a bear in the eye with an ugly stick.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

That's talking about peacefully assembling to speak to the Government. Don't take it out of context.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

im joining the military i know some people on here dont really give a crap or anything thought i put that out there before i say what im going to say on the subject...

two of my best friends are currently US Marines who are over seas fighting if either of them were killed and these scum bags of the earth showed of and protested there funeral i would probably knock one of them out

there is respecting the constitution and the freedom of speech and then there is the complete BS that these people preach, what grieving parent or friend should have to listen to what these people say at the funeral of there loved one what gay/lesbian person has to hear the BS that these people say to them because they chose a certain lifestyle that this church doesnt agree with

i think the westboro baptist church is disgusting and i dont think the our government should allow them to act the way they do and do the such disrespectful things

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wonder if the federal government will be so tolerant of their hate speech if they decided to protest at gay bars, clubs, conventions and parades instead of protesting at the funerals of fallen soldiers. Just wondering.

edit on 5-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I sometimes respect Anon, I sometimes don't. They do bad stuff, they do good stuff. They're evil and dangerous, but they're righteous heroes. I dunno. In this particular case, I support them, and good luck to them.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

It'll be interesting, especially since the SCOTUS gave them to right protest the way they do, last year I think it was.

I guess our founding fathers never dreamed there would be a group like Westboro when the constitution was written,

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join