It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This should be interesting.

www.reddit.com...

Open Letter to Westboro Baptist Church
AN OPEN LETTER FROM ANONYMOUS

February 16, 2011

TO THE CONGREGANTS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH:

We, the collective super-consciousness known as ANONYMOUS - the Voice of Free Speech & the Advocate of the People - have long heard you issue your venomous statements of hatred, and we have witnessed your flagrant and absurd displays of inimitable bigotry and intolerant fanaticism. We have always regarded you and your ilk as an assembly of graceless sociopaths and maniacal chauvinists & religious zealots, however benign, who act out for the sake of attention & in the name of religion.
Being such aggressive proponents for the Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Information as we are, we have hitherto allowed you to continue preaching your benighted gospel of hatred and your theatrical exhibitions of, not only your fascist views, but your utter lack of Christ-like attributes. You have condemned the men and women who serve, fight, and perish in the armed forces of your nation; you have prayed for and celebrated the deaths of young children, who are without fault; you have stood outside the United States National Holocaust Museum, condemning the men, women, and children who, despite their innocence, were annihilated by a tyrannical embodiment of fascism and unsubstantiated repugnance. Rather than allowing the deceased some degree of peace and respect, you instead choose to torment, harass, and assault those who grieve.
Your demonstrations and your unrelenting cascade of disparaging slurs, unfounded judgments, and prejudicial innuendos, which apparently apply to every individual numbered amongst the race of Man - except for yourselves - has frequently crossed the line which separates Freedom of Speech from deliberately utilizing the same tactics and methods of intimidation and mental & emotional abuse that have been previously exploited and employed by tyrants and dictators, fascists and terrorist organizations throughout history.

ANONYMOUS cannot abide this behavior any longer. The time for us to be idle spectators in your inhumane treatment of fellow Man has reached its apex, and we shall now be moved to action. Thus, we give you a warning: Cease & desist your protest campaign in the year 2011, return to your homes in Kansas, & close your public Web sites.
Should you ignore this warning, you will meet with the vicious retaliatory arm of ANONYMOUS: We will target your public Websites, and the propaganda & detestable doctrine that you promote will be eradicated; the damage incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your congregation will ever be able to fully recover. It is in your best interest to comply now, while the option to do so is still being offered, because we will not relent until you cease the conduction & promotion of all your bigoted operations & doctrines.

The warning has been given. What happens from here shall be determined by you.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.
WE ARE LEGION.
WE DO NOT FORGIVE.
WE DO NOT FORGET.
EXPECT US.

Hopefully these fundamentalists will get a taste of their own medicine.
God speed anonymous

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Wow, do people really not understand how anon works. there is no legion it is exactly what it's called anonymous which means ONE person wrote this, not anon as a whole because anon as a whole is everyone or anyone. this is written by one person with a bad understanding of how anon works...and he claims to speak for anon as a whole which isn't possible for anyone because that would mean he is speaking for you.
edit on 19-2-2011 by TruthWizard because: typo

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
who are these fanatics, ive never heard of them, maybe because im not american but what is so different from this church and others.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Really? This is the battle they picked in a world where all citizens continue to robbed of base necessity?

I call weak sauce. They need to focus on real problems, not contribute to the continued focus on separatism. Gay/Straight, White/Black, Him/Her...We are all human and 99% of us are suffering at the hands of 1%.

Anonymous is probably owned by Comcast or AOL to drive web content through their media distribution service, only to sell advertising during the story.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hey, I was just about to say that! (S&F)
I am anonymous!
OOPS (I am windword)

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh great...the self proclaimed "protectors of free speech" are trying to decide who can speak and what can be said.

And of course it says they will target their "public websites"...because DDoS is all they've got.

Stupid kids.
edit on 19-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

.WE ARE LEGION
WE DO NOT FORGIVE.
WE DO NOT FORGET. not the best way words here you should be aware of what WE ARE LEGION means in the bible and when it was said. Don't feed the troll. I had a friend die in the Iraq war and that group was said to show up and protest his funeral so i don't like them anymore then you do. But making dumb comment like we are legion is only going to make them fight harder.

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Whether you like Anonymous or not, you have to respect them and what they do.

They stand up to the bad guys when nobody else is willing to. Westboro Baptist Church has long been spewing their hate speech towards good men and women, and our government hasn't done anything to stop them. Finally, someone is taking a stand against them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Oh great...the self proclaimed "protectors of free speech" are trying to decide who can speak and what can be said.

And of course it says they will target their "public websites"...because DDoS is all they've got.

Stupid kids.

You speak as though you know what you're on about, yet you parrot the idioms spoken by so many.

I think you need to do some research pal. These are not just script-kiddies.

Ex

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

Just take a Gander at their Homepage
Westboro Baptist Church

www.godhatesfags.com...

Since 1955, WBC has taken forth the precious from the vile, and so is as the mouth of God (Jer. 15:19).
In 1991, WBC began conducting peaceful demonstrations opposing the fag lifestyle
of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

How can anonymous be a group? Or more than one?

edit on 19-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You know what? As much as WBC disgusts me everytime I see their name in the headlines, they have the right to say it none the less.

What they do at funerals of fallen soldiers, dead children, etc. makes me ill and angry. They give Christians and humanity a bad name spewing ignorance where ever they troll...

But to take away their right to speak is to forfeit my own. I am unwilling to do that.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but it is mine anyway.

God hates fags indeed.... pffft. God hates ignorance and these folks are full of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by MindSpin

Stupid kids.

You speak as though you know what you're on about, yet you parrot the idioms spoken by so many.

I think you need to do some research pal. These are not just script-kiddies.

I don't care if they are script kiddies or not (but with them threating a DDoS attack...the people behind this stunt most likely are just scritp kiddies).

I care about the fact they think they can decide who has the right to free speech and who does not.

And do you really think the WBC cares if they take down their website??? This is how poorly thought out this stunt is and dispalys how stupid however is behind it is....GUESS WHAT....WBC will LOVE THE PUBLICITY THEY GET FROM THIS.

Morons....all of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
You know what? As much as WBC disgusts me everytime I see their name in the headlines, they have the right to say it none the less.

What they do at funerals of fallen soldiers, dead children, etc. makes me ill and angry. They give Christians and humanity a bad name spewing ignorance where ever they troll...

But to take away their right to speak is to forfeit my own. I am unwilling to do that.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but it is mine anyway.

God hates fags indeed.... pffft. God hates ignorance and these folks are full of it.

Because we only have ONE life and life is the most precious thing we have. A funeral is a remembrance of a loved one whom you will never see again. IMNSHO, to beligerantly interrupt a funeral should be a criminal offense. It's not like you can say, "Oh well, that one got ruined, we'll just do another."

My son is in the military protecting their right to free speech. If...well, I would [[[snip]]] kill one of them if...I can't even type it out. My boy is going to Afghanistan in September and I'm scared to death and on the verge of tears typing this
edit on Sun Feb 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

Ex

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Because we only have ONE life and life is the most precious thing we have. A funeral is a remembrance of a loved one whom you will never see again. IMNSHO, to beligerantly interrupt a funeral should be a criminal offense. It's not like you can say, "Oh well, that one got ruined, we'll just do another."

I stand with you and know that you are not the only one that has children abroad,
that spends many a sleepless night praying for their safety.
While this Manson-like cult of a church ( and I use that term loosely)
runs around spewing hatred and ignorance is even tolerated by any town they invade!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

We'll agree to disagree then.

We can't be right all the time

Personally, I think these idiots need a lesson, protesting funerals and attacking homosexuals is wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lucky for those 'anon' folk that all they have to say is "anyone could be a part of anon, so do not blame anon". Really though, this is just ridiculous, if you do not agree with the WBC then let them be and move on and do your thing, churches hurt no one, just the people that mindlessly follow. Also, who really cares about a handful (if that) of prepubescent script kitties on their dads netbook, anon really thinks the WBC gives a hoot, or that it would even have an effect? Also, it seems rather extreme to tell them you ARE LEGION, not just a legion but the possessive horde of demons spoken of in the gospels of Mark and Luke.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If you agree with the shredding of the constitution and vigilantism...then yes...we will agree to disagree.

Anonymous doesn't speak for me...and it doesn't trump the constitution.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Look, I love Anon, I think what they stand for is something that is deeply imbedded in all of us; the natural unwillingness to b controlled or governed another person.
Deep down we are all rebels. And one day or another we will all have to stand up for what we believe in. Whether it be to join an actual resistance movement against the local government, or to stand up and fight when you feel your rights are being threatened.

However, what we have here is a much more contentious issue. Like the previous poster said, taking away somebody’s freedom of speech is paramount to giving up your own.

But would it hurt to give them a punch in the gut because they deserve it? I think not.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
While I think these Westboro people are vile, and make me ashamed to be a part of the human race, it is unfortunately free speech. Something we all cherish and believe in.

I have to almost force my mind to admit this, but it is true. You cant censor one group and not censor everyone else, regardless of their message. The most you can legally hit them with might be obstruction or being publicly indencent- in regards to the terms they use.

I have the same feelings for Rush Limbaugh, and his ilk. However, they have a right to state their opinion.

I in no way empathize with their position, and I think their moral compasses are a bit more than skewed. But this is America.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join