It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by mr-lizard

Well that's a crying shame, because I don't follow your constitution. Since I'm not American.

Well then I fail to see your concern about an American church protesting American soldiers funerals.

Is there a reason you are so passionate about some of America's business...but not our founding principles?

It's not American business i'm so passionate about, it's the disintegration of common sense.

Most of us are too happy to sit back and allow corruption to disrupt many aspects of our lives, become pacified in allowing others to destroy or humiliate others. Even so far as to allow ourselves to be exploited in our ignorance, and our weaknesses. Or become blinded, or to accept the unacceptable.

Yet someone, something that consists of .... potentially everyone, or anyone, or no one. Has come along, to disrupt that flow, and reveal a few damning truth's. (See the HBGary case or the ACS law firm).

You may not agree with their tactics, but you've got to see that this was absolutely necessary. As long as power corrupts, then people will revolt.

You may say innocents are harmed in the way of the revolt. But your arguement becomes null and void, when you fail to realise that exploitation started a long time ago.

Only now are people beginning to stand up.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The statements by Anonymous constitute a clear threat to cause harm. Rest assured that the forces that watch the net are watching and will be prepared. My best,

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Have you ever wonder if Anonymous is an extra-terestrial entity same as Ra from law of one or from the white brotherhood or even other elites like Hidden_Hands. I am just trying to analyze his chosen words and targets.
If so, how can we communicate and assist in a way where we don't get arested for it. I for one am a soldier of truth and seeker of peace. But if the truth is hidden, counter measures must be taken to benefit humanity.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by awakenone

no I can truly say this thought has not once crossed my mind.
Some how I can't connect a bunch of arch trolls to ra and the great white brotherhood unless
their latest meme involves some play on the great white brotherhood and racism
In short I don't see the /b/tards as being a trans dimensional alien entity

edit on 19-2-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I usually don't comment on anything regarding Anonymous but I SO hope that the Westboro buffoons publicly say something stupid about Anonymous. Hopefully they end up getting a double-fisted digital enema from our Anonymous friends. We can only wait and hope.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

If you agree with the shredding of the constitution and vigilantism...then yes...we will agree to disagree.

Anonymous doesn't speak for me...and it doesn't trump the constitution.

The one thing that seems to trump the constitution is The People. While Mob Rule is a tyrannical fallacy, it does seem to be supported by the comments of the founding fathers referring to the need for Americans to be unruly. They also refer to the "seas of liberty" being unruly, which to me implies that Americans are expected to constantly fight and struggle for liberty.

Having said that, it is easy to understand that the right to free speech is still intact, even if Anon (as "The People") decides to retaliate. While the first Amendment does not prohibit free speech, it also does not prohibit the ramifications of such action.

If WBC feels that they are wronged by Anon, let them seek recourse with their congregation full of lawyers. THAT is constitutional. Until such point, arguing constitutionality is pointless as no legal authority is seeking to limit the rights of anyone.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have to say I'm surprised that out of all possible targets Anonymous chose WBC.

Then again, I'm not.

I always condone them being Rick Roll'd though.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

One person or several, at least they are making a stand for what they believe in.

Apathy towards organizations such as this church are a big problem in this country in my opinion. If we keep letting nut jobs push their values while we sit around idly then they'll be the ones who influence the way our country goes.

Just my .02 though.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
WBC reply:

twitpic.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Nice try but I doubt the pricks can read.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Yeah dang lol.

Saying "We Are Legion" is going to make them think they are devils lol.

Oh silly Anonymous, thou art hilarious.

"See it's the devil comin' after us!"

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMiirror
WBC reply:

twitpic.com...

...oh wow, if this is for real, then the amount of gay pr0n that will be displayed on the WBC site, and the Facebook pages of its members will be EPIC! They are stirring the hornets nest for sure, I don't always agree with Anon, but I sure wouldn't f*ck with them...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821c57bbd38f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMiirror

Did you break your lurkdom to post that?

I don't know about anyone else, but now I kind of want to see how Anon reacts to this.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc

Originally posted by TheMiirror
WBC reply:

twitpic.com...

...oh wow, if this is for real, then the amount of gay pr0n that will be displayed on the WBC site, and the Facebook pages of its members will be EPIC! They are stirring the hornets nest for sure, I don't always agree with Anon, but I sure wouldn't f*ck with them...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/821c57bbd38f.gif[/atsimg]

That's just what I was thinking... 'I hope WBC enjoys their site being a link dump of gay pr0n.'

I wouldn't mind e-mail postings like they did with the "security" firm. It was a good laugh.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I hope anonymous ripps them a new one.
Remember when they tried to protest comic con and got counter protested...hilarious!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

"You may say innocents are harmed in the way of the revolt. But your arguement becomes null and void, when you fail to realise that exploitation started a long time ago."

"Argument" does not have an "e" in it and "realize" has a "z", not an "s". Your placement of a comma is also inappropriate. Other than that your response was boring.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

The TwitPic image is real. Linky-Dinky

Just to clear a few things up. 4Chan is not Anon. Anon is not one person. There are a more than a few people behind their real hacks, and I would not mess with those select "members". I would think the HBGary stuff would have made people realize that. The DDOS / LOIC attacks that they used against the WEBSERVERS of Visa, Pay Pal et. al., is nothing compared to what they have done in the past and will do in the future. To the guy who called Anon a bunch of script kiddies. You made me laugh. Thanks. You have clearly showed your ignorance. Same thing with the 1st amendment people. You care so much about the constitution and its amendments but show a lack of understanding about what they stand for and what they mean. I am not a fan of hate speech. I think saying that small children deserve to die is ridiculous. So is protesting someones funeral who died protecting your freedoms. Gay pr0n is the least of their worries. They have not only kicked the hornets nest, but have shat on Anons doorstep.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Vizzle because: Full Frontal Nudity

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
well if they want to impress me,
let them come from behind their computer screens.
and let the world see their face. the chickens@#3 little sob.
if your not willing to show your face for a cause you believe in
what flippin good are you.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

umm yeah cuz the U.S. govt isnt hiding behind anything. If lead by example means anything then anon is following the example of the government.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The best thing about all this is that the "script kiddies" have a track record of pwning everything that stands in there way!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join