Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I think I made my disgust clear. I can fully sympathize with your situation.

Today we shut WBC up... Tomorrow??

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by mr-lizard

If you agree with the shredding of the constitution and vigilantism...then yes...we will agree to disagree.

Anonymous doesn't speak for me...and it doesn't trump the constitution.

The constitution only protects speech from government interference. Only from government interference. An individual can lawfully do anything, short of a criminal act, to stop vile hate-filled speech that is intended to hurt the families of fallen soldiers.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I care about the fact they think they can decide who has the right to free speech and who does not.

I don't know, I don't think it's about denying free speech. I think, if it happens, it will be about exposing the duplicitous nature of this "Church" not about denying their speech. Look at the wikileak embassy cables or the stuff with HBGary. It's about exposing the complete lack of ethics or morals these people have, masquerading in a skin of the "greater public interest" Westboro church is no different. What if targeting their public websites meant publishing their dirty laundry on their own site (because you know there's a lot of dirty laundry to be had.)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Probably won't be the first time One Crazy cancels out another.

If anything really happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
But to take away their right to speak is to forfeit my own.

You seem to not have a great understanding of the first amendment. The first amendment states that the government cannot take away one's right to speak. The government is not taking away their right to speak. In fact, no one is. "Anonymous" is retaliating for all the hatred that Westboro Baptist Church has spread. If Westboro Baptist Church is within their right to say what they say - and they are - then Anonymous is within their right to respond. The government may not have the right to take away our freedom of speech, but we can do it to one another.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
hmm... Doesn't feel legit.. Guess we'll see. Anonymous strongly protects its brand. If this is not legit, nothing will happen except the fraud will be exposed.

As for the actions of Anon.. As I have said before.. they are a karmic body.. neither good nor bad, IMO
edit on 2-19-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
...i wouldnt put it past wbc to have pulled this stunt themselves... they love playing the martyr... everybody's wrong and they're the only ones right and thats why everyone hates em... yep, couldnt have anything to do with their leader being a psychopath...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thre

The constitution only protects speech from government interference. Only from government interference. An individual can lawfully do anything, short of a criminal act, to stop vile hate-filled speech that is intended to hurt the families of fallen soldiers.

The constitution also does not protect hate speech or the other side from retaliating in there own way as long as its lawful..

My take on this to let them go at it and set back and get a laugh. Its not as if they are shooting at each other.
edit on 19-2-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by DragonTattooz

I think I made my disgust clear. I can fully sympathize with your situation.

Today we shut WBC up... Tomorrow??

I didn't say we should shut them up. I did say that my son is ready and willing to fight for their right to free speech. I also said that a funeral is a, for lack of a better word, "sacred" event and should be treated as such. They can spew all the hate they want as long as it is away from a funeral.

Believe me when I say that I am a huge proponent of free speech. I say stuff all the time that would land me in prison in some countries, so I do appreciate the importance of the tolerance of opposing viewpoints.

To probably misquote a great quote-

I disagree with what you are saying, and I will fight to the death for your right to say it....

Just not at a funeral.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

have long heard you issue your venomous statements of hatred, and we have witnessed your flagrant and absurd displays of inimitable bigotry and intolerant fanaticism. We have always regarded you and your ilk as an assembly of graceless sociopaths and maniacal chauvinists

Hypocritical much? Anyone who has ever been on 4chan for more than 5 minutes could conclude that they are the most flagrant, absurd and offensive people on earth.

I'm not defending the actions of westboro baptist church nor am I condemning 4chan- but I know hypocrisy when I hear it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perhaps someone can clear this up for me, I've been wondering for awhile.

I know that there is a group that goes by anonymous that has protested the Church of Scientology for awhile.

I know that there is a group that goes by anonymous that participates in online protests, hacking, etc.

I now know that there is a group that goes by anonymous that is planning to protest the WBC.

Are these all the same group? Or with anonymous by definition is without claim are these separate groups who chose the same handle that many authors have chosen before them?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

If you agree with the shredding of the constitution and vigilantism...then yes...we will agree to disagree.

Anonymous doesn't speak for me...and it doesn't trump the constitution.

Well that's a crying shame, because I don't follow your constitution. Since I'm not American.

Although I'm not sure what you're point is. Do you somehow think they belong to American law, or are we just piping idioms again?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Listen here right.

Your so called freedom of speech is sometimes grossly retarded. You will quite happily pipe on about how we should never disrupt the right to open speech. And yet you'll quite happily stand back and allow a group or groups destroy people's lives because you appease yourselves to a conformity of Americanism. In this case, some of you would rather moralistically defend the rights of a fundamentalist group, more akin to the fundamentalists you'd quite happy bomb to the stone age in other countries.

Is it more American to disrupt and humiliate a funeral and destroy the last memory of a person's time on a planet, in the name of free speech?

Is it Un-American to decide enough is enough, and try and do something about this hatred?

Or are you more concerned about the methods employed? If it was the government cracking down on Westboro, would you be happier? But because it's 'anonymous' you automatically don't like it?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am happy to see this from Anon.

Anon stands for all of us, and if you choose not to stand with them, then so be it.

These (Anon) are not children, they are going to "war" with these bigots with the best weapon they have. Fight fire with fire, so to speak.
I for one, am happy to see it.

This WB church needs to be stopped, they are maggots and a parasite on humanity.

It's just one baby step at a time. Take out these bastards, and onto the next vile parasite.

For all of you who feel this is a waste of your time, then dont read it. No one is forcing you to participate in the Anon wars. You should be applauding the eradication of scum.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well that's a crying shame, because I don't follow your constitution. Since I'm not American.

Well then I fail to see your concern about an American church protesting American soldiers funerals.

Is there a reason you are so passionate about some of America's business...but not our founding principles?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Westboro is like the worlds worse troll - and we all know we shouldn't feed the trolls. The more we pay attention to them, the more often some group such as Anon. tries to talk back to them the more they are in the media and the more they like it. They are hate mongering idiots - let's not feed them.
''

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
edit on 19-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
1 I sympathize with those saying interrupting military funerals is jacked up. You say these same military people are willing to fight and die for our rights. The first amendment also protects the right to assemble, protest, and petition even if you don't agree with where and when they do it. It sucks that not everyone wants hold hands and throw flower petals everywhere but that is the state of the world. Opinions are like assholes and unfortunately assholes have opinions too!

2 Legion fits anon as you can't kill a legion. You take down one member and another fills its spot. "I am Legion and WE are many"

3 You who say the cyber kiddies can't hurt anyone through dominating their website should check out what they recently did to HBGARY and HBGARYFED.

4 to dude who said churches never hurt anyone.......Ever hear of the CRUSADES?!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Church, IMO, has a right to come forward with whatever hate filled rhetoric that flows through their warped little minds.

But hey, this is the USA, you should realize that no one cares about your opinion. You are probably going to get ****ed with. "Anon" is most likely a group with international flare. The greater majority probably resides outside the USA. But the Church is asking for it by trying to be in the spotlight.

What goes around comes around. Hopefully the Church ends up getting what comes around.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's ridiculous how people get so up in arms about people who hold up signs with 3-5 word phrases. You really want a chance of them "going away"? Ignore them. They thrive off the publicity they get and make money off the people who harm them or deny them their rights. You're wrong if you think that letter is anywhere near the first threat of violence or even death that they've recieved.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join