It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous vs Westboro baptist Church

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

True- maybe i should have worded it differently.Let me try again- if you believe in protecting freedom of speech (regardless of what country you live in), then you have to be prepared to protect ALL speech, even the unpopular, disgusting, or kooky stuff....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Here we go. This explains their motives

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

True- maybe i should have worded it differently.Let me try again- if you believe in protecting freedom of speech (regardless of what country you live in), then you have to be prepared to protect ALL speech, even the unpopular, disgusting, or kooky stuff....

And by that logic, we allow paedophiles to openly lust on your children, or murderers to brag about their victims?

Or do we draw a line?

If so, where do we draw the line?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
WBC is a hate group committing hate crimes, no differently than a skinhead group or the KKK. The difference is that they are somehow exempt from being classified as such, and if a group of KKK members were to set foot in an organized fashion within 20 miles of a black or Jewish funeral, regardless of how "peaceful" the intent of the protest is, they would all be immediately prosecuted to the full extent of laws that the judge will make up as he goes.

Anonymous members have been subjects to raid and arrest.

Of course WBC is going to "show their face" and the "cowards" will remain behind their computers. Aside from the fact that the mission statement of Anonymous stating that the collective is what's important and not the individual, they do not have the freedom inexplicably granted to hate groups intent on causing nothing but harm and garnering attention.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

if you believe in protecting freedom of speech (regardless of what country you live in), then you have to be prepared to protect ALL speech, even the unpopular, disgusting, or kooky stuff....

I don't.

Free speech stops being free speech and becomes hate speech when you start insulting others, mocking the dead and targeting homosexuals and abortion doctors and so on....

I don't believe in freedom of speech at all costs.... It has to be used responsibly.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

And by that logic, we allow paedophiles to openly lust on your children, or murderers to brag about their victims?

Or do we draw a line?

If so, where do we draw the line?

I think that line should be drawn by all the heroic men and women who risk their lives each day in pursuit of justice (you know, police men and women), not by a bunch of cowards hiding behind their computers who try to sound impressive and awesome while in fact they are somewhat the opposite compared by the pro's.
edit on 20/2/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

if you believe in protecting freedom of speech (regardless of what country you live in), then you have to be prepared to protect ALL speech, even the unpopular, disgusting, or kooky stuff....

I don't.

Free speech stops being free speech and becomes hate speech when you start insulting others, mocking the dead and targeting homosexuals and abortion doctors and so on....

I don't believe in freedom of speech at all costs.... It has to be used responsibly.

Thank you. I was trying to find those words.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm sorry to anyone trying to scream out about the US constitution, but it's literally a piece of paper with ink on it. The constitution does nothing more to protect me than a falling leaf. A free willed being will do anything within its ability that it wants. If you want to do something, do it. If you don't want that church "spewing hate" then stop them. If you don't want anybody to disrupt their "free speech" then stop THEM. This is happening now you either care enough to take action for one side or the other, or you care so little as to only type your thoughts on the subject in a website thread.

I don't care what happens to anon or the church. I'm here enjoying the ride of life so be it if others cause this world to burn around me.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I think that line should be drawn by all the heroic men and women who risk their lives each day in pursuit of justice (you know, police men and women), not by a bunch of cowards hiding behind their computers who try to sound impressive and awesome while in fact they are somewhat the opposite compared by the pro's.
edit on 20/2/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

Who draws it when the police can't? The people, who employ the police... or no one, so that the injustice can continue?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Finally someone else with the balls to tell this wing of Neo Satanism off.

They wish to claim they are for freedoms but only scum protests funerals.

Star, Flag to the OP and Star, flag and kudis to ANON for having the cahonnas to stand up the maniacal azzhats.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
This should be interesting.

www.reddit.com...

Open Letter to Westboro Baptist Church
AN OPEN LETTER FROM ANONYMOUS

February 16, 2011

TO THE CONGREGANTS OF WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH:

We, the collective super-consciousness known as ANONYMOUS - the Voice of Free Speech & the Advocate of the People - have long heard you issue your venomous statements of hatred, and we have witnessed your flagrant and absurd displays of inimitable bigotry and intolerant fanaticism. We have always regarded you and your ilk as an assembly of graceless sociopaths and maniacal chauvinists & religious zealots, however benign, who act out for the sake of attention & in the name of religion.
Being such aggressive proponents for the Freedom of Speech & Freedom of Information as we are, we have hitherto allowed you to continue preaching your benighted gospel of hatred and your theatrical exhibitions of, not only your fascist views, but your utter lack of Christ-like attributes. You have condemned the men and women who serve, fight, and perish in the armed forces of your nation; you have prayed for and celebrated the deaths of young children, who are without fault; you have stood outside the United States National Holocaust Museum, condemning the men, women, and children who, despite their innocence, were annihilated by a tyrannical embodiment of fascism and unsubstantiated repugnance. Rather than allowing the deceased some degree of peace and respect, you instead choose to torment, harass, and assault those who grieve.
Your demonstrations and your unrelenting cascade of disparaging slurs, unfounded judgments, and prejudicial innuendos, which apparently apply to every individual numbered amongst the race of Man - except for yourselves - has frequently crossed the line which separates Freedom of Speech from deliberately utilizing the same tactics and methods of intimidation and mental & emotional abuse that have been previously exploited and employed by tyrants and dictators, fascists and terrorist organizations throughout history.

ANONYMOUS cannot abide this behavior any longer. The time for us to be idle spectators in your inhumane treatment of fellow Man has reached its apex, and we shall now be moved to action. Thus, we give you a warning: Cease & desist your protest campaign in the year 2011, return to your homes in Kansas, & close your public Web sites.
Should you ignore this warning, you will meet with the vicious retaliatory arm of ANONYMOUS: We will target your public Websites, and the propaganda & detestable doctrine that you promote will be eradicated; the damage incurred will be irreversible, and neither your institution nor your congregation will ever be able to fully recover. It is in your best interest to comply now, while the option to do so is still being offered, because we will not relent until you cease the conduction & promotion of all your bigoted operations & doctrines.

The warning has been given. What happens from here shall be determined by you.

WE ARE ANONYMOUS.
WE ARE LEGION.
WE DO NOT FORGIVE.
WE DO NOT FORGET.
EXPECT US.

Hopefully these fundamentalists will get a taste of their own medicine.
God speed anonymous

Anonymous is a CIA proxy unit. They are doing more false flag to convince the public how "savage","not fit to run thier own lives" and "irrational" the average person is. They pretend to be revolutionaries and anti-elite but further thier fear mongering motives. Anon/wikileaks is an elite planned and sponsored "fear flag" campiegn.

Why would a bunch of hackers attack a church? To sell to the Pro-God public that the internet/non-status quo opinions/non-status quo political affiliations/civil protests/civil boycotts are evil and ungodly. These people are tools. Really they are.

Stop posting wikileaks/Anon they are just mouthpieces for the elite and the nwo. Nothing on isreal, Nothing on the bankers/industrialists/global governance bodies,Nothing on the esoteric world control syndicate. Everything on "bad ol' citizens" and "[insert country elite wants to steal from] is the enemy" stories.

Please...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Seriously you need to read that pdf I posted or do some searches on google because your talking about anon and you don't even realize it. I also added a new link for you to not read.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminizard
of KKK members were to set foot in an organized fashion within 20 miles of a black or Jewish funeral, regardless of how "peaceful" the intent of the protest is, they would all be immediately prosecuted to the full extent of laws

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that.You can watch videos of KKK rallies and see black police officers protecting their right to do so.....
And to the other poster who made the pedophile comment- again, as disgusting and vile as it is, "thinking" about something is not a crime (not yet anyway)........

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It amazes me how people ramble on about free speech and those WB nuts. What they are doing is HARASSMENT and SLANDER!

I find it disgusting that a "celebrity" can sue a magazine for saying something about them, again using free speech, and people are all on the side of the celebrity saying "oh poor them, just leave them alone" yet these WBC nuts are getting away with the same crap. I guess if you are Angelina Jolie it's not ok to talk about her or make statements about her family but it's ok to protest the funeral of someone who lost their life serving their country or threaten those who are homosexual. I guess that is ok and allowed because oh it's just freedom of speech. It's total BS. Those WBC nuts should be locked up for what they have done. They are vile human beings. As for Anon I don't really have an opinion on them. I do think they have good intentions but the whole pay pal thing was really unfair and hurt innocent people.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Seriously you need to read that pdf I posted or do some searches on google because your talking about anon and you don't even realize it. I also added a new link for you to not read.

Maybe he just understands what Anon is and is not.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Good points.If somebody is actually breaking the law, then by all means throw the book at them.(By the way-does anyone know if WBC has actually been brought to court over this stuff?And what the end result was?)...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Dude... I don't care about your link.
I'm not an anonymous fan or apologist....

I don't like the godhatesfags group, they are vile.

As I said before, even if it were the KKK attacking the WBC, I would cheer them on.

I don't care what your link is.... back up your claims with verifiable links, not links to 4chan or some other site.

Simple.

link   

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about that.You can watch videos of KKK rallies and see black police officers protecting their right to do so.....
And to the other poster who made the pedophile comment- again, as disgusting and vile as it is, "thinking" about something is not a crime (not yet anyway)........

No, I'm not wrong about that. IF they are allowed to march, it would not be the same as invading a funeral with the intent of inciting violence and spreading hatred.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Illuminizard because: I was a bit out of line.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Illuminizard

A loosley connected group of people who follow what is posted by apparently random anons (all just happen to use the exact same wording and format and who like to remind people they don't lead)

Where did anon start?
Why should we ignore what the group has done in the past?
If anon want to distance themselves then they need to seperate and start anew

edit on 20-2-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join