It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Tonight seems awfully quiet. Any speculation?
Calm before the storm, or do you think lurkers connected, are doing a test, stop fracking for a few hours see what happens or in this case what doesn't happen? ps that was my suggestion a few nights ago....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

well the moon is just moving that way now . and a 5.4 just went off
earthquake.usgs.gov...

It looks like it was picked up on the siesmos as it happened
www.iris.washington.edu...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

This is utterly speculation. Because I have nothing to base it on except my observations.
From the webicoders it seems obvious that the swarm is calming down and there is almost no activity.
I still think this was a coordinated test. And the quakes over the last few days were residual.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks
Wow, 55 friends of Arkansas.

Ok, if you want my confession, it's on Robinesque Ruminations. I have to put it there as not to distract.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I don't want to forget to hunt down information on the Enola quakes and possible drilling or injection pre-1980.

A quick google search resulting in, among other things, this little gem which starts off with this:

The analysis of daily seismicity rates reveals that the occurrence rate of 2001 “aftershocks” does not appear to have an Omori temporal decay

Now I'm not a geologist, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems logical to me that if a grouping of earthquakes does not follow an expected pattern that has been shown to describe naturally occurring quakes quite reliably, then it is entirely possible that said quakes are not from a natural source...

More too look through, but I wanted to post this real quick...and I start to wonder if the Enola Swarm Investigation should have it's own thread, hm?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
www.iris.washington.edu...

I have a question for the resident experts* does this show a small quake just above the p waves from the 5.3 and isnt that unusual to show that much movment from a quake that far away? or would that be like a plate rebound from being close to the other plate?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I haven't read enough to conclude anything but a couple things jump out at me. There is mention that the migration of the quakes may mean they were fluid induced earthquakes. That still doesn't mean it was injection. But.

Also, the swarm has larger quakes in the middle of the event rather than at the begining and then dying out. I've seen this when watching the swarms at Yellowstone. And if you noticed, this previous swarm had quakes of various sizes, with no real pattern. In fact. This swarm ended after a big quake and then it seemed to stop.

Speculation again, this swarm shows signs of being caused by fluids.

My eyes are blurry, and I need to step back a bit. Keep looking at Enola. And I need to track down the injection well that the sheriff described in an interview.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunflowerStar

Tonight seems awfully quiet. Any speculation?
Calm before the storm, or do you think lurkers connected, are doing a test, stop fracking for a few hours see what happens or in this case what doesn't happen? ps that was my suggestion a few nights ago....

One would hope that the ChristChurch earthquake has scared the hell out of them. Again, one would hope! It won't take long though... unfortunately the smell of money is too strong to keep them away.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
There was just another small one. Just to keep me quessing I suppose.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Would be nice if one of our more technically minded posters would run the current swarm through the Omori Temporal Decay and compare it to Bath's Law as well as the Gutenberg-Richter Law and tell us if this swarm is a statistical out-lier or it it falls within acceptable parameters.

I'm not even sure if those are competent questions to be asking, but it seems to me that if a naturally occurring grouping of earthquakes behave in a certain way, it would be relatively simple to determine if a group is not behaving as it should.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

I wonder if they have stopped fracking in New Zealand since the quakes

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

ok. i think without a summary that i get the jist of what this is about.

dont know if this helps any but a t.v show here in australia has just aired an episode on monday night into the whole coal seam fracking industry. they had footage of undercover protesters going in and getting samples of the liquid that they use to frack the coal seems.

this is a very very reputable show that is not affiliated with any commercial network. the abc channel that its run on is a commercial free station. even though its funded by the government.....they dont shy away from keeping the honest. i have provided the link to this website that if you go on you can watch the story.

www.abc.net.au...

sorry if someone else from here has already pointed you in this direction...but i think its well worth the 40 minutes viewing time if thats what this is about.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I received this in an email from the Alliance for Natural Health, regarding fracking in Pennsylvania. It's mostly everything that has been discussed in this thread, with a petition to reintroduce the frac act to Congress. This petition will be forwarded to each state's representative, so we can state our feelings about the fracking process for our own states:

www.anh-usa.org...

If anyone has posted this already, my apologies for reposting. I haven't been able to keep up with this thread with school.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you Antar. In the aftermath of Katrina, the national guard was everywhere, stationed at the entrance to every neighborhood and business, and ID was necessary to get to your home, to drive across town, to basically do anything. There were no services. There were long lines to get MRI's, which were distributed 3 times a day. This was the only source of food for many. Getting gas was a 2 hour drive, and you couldn't find a portable gas can for hundreds of miles. No one was allowed to be out after dark. Life and daily activities were militarized as you suspect, and stayed that way for months.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It will be easy to keep up with the thread now, it has slowed, just like the quakes. As I've said, media interest and earthquakes both have similiar patterns.

www.technologyreview.com...

The swarm is not over. There have been over a dozen, but most very small.
I can't watch the squiggly lines today on the webicorder. If there are some bigger ones and someone starts another thread or something, direct them here.

We have 66 friends of Arkansas.
www.facebook.com...#!/profile.php?id=100002077642177

And I was reading posts on the Fracking Arkansas blog, one of the horror stories caught my attention.
frackingarkansas.wordpress.com...

Did you know that in Texas, the Railroad Commision is responsible for regulating the drilling industry? What the...
And they are clashing with the EPA. I wonder how many on the Commision have conflicts of interest?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The feds regulate gas pipelines through the different agencies, some associated mainly with transportation.

Here is a link of different states regulatory agencies dealing with gas production and pipelines.

Gas pipeline regulatory agencies

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was wrong, the bigger quakes are back. Maybe 3+ magnitude. Not yet listed.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

We have had another 2.8 here, My cat is frantically looking for a place to hide going from room to room.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

They listed it now. How close are you to Greenbrier?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 23-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

In Vilonia, south of Greenbrier, between Conway and Beebe

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I hope you check back in soon. I want to know if you only felt one quake. There were several other smaller ones. And if you want, describe the sensations.

If you could, maybe you could also post your observations on our wall. And maybe as an Arkansan, you could make a statement. Testify.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join