It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecursedone
Earthquakes seem to be running rampant lately

Find one of Puterman's posts. Look in his signature and he has a billion and one stats. And some essays on why numbers don't matter. When it comes to earthquakes. I really don't see anything unusual in worldwide trends.

Well, I won't distract, nut California's been sliding along nicely over the last day or so. But that may mean nothing.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I got sidetracked and thought I'd review Wabash.

I found this. I really don't want to read anymore. It hurts my brain. Not the words and letters. The clues. The evidence. The facts. They're glaring, and the bright light is going to give me another migraine. It upsets me. It's not like someone dug a giant hole and threw all the information in a hole and there was a coverup with a big giant rock. No, this stuff is everywhere I turn. It's like when I went looking for fracking wells in Arkansas on Google Earth. I thought I was going to experience some difficulties. Like having to cross-reference with official goverments sites and such. But no. They were everywhere. I could not not find them. The evidence for injection causing quakes is everywhere I look. The evidence for the problems with fracking is everywhere I look. That's why I am sheding light on this. It's so obvious. All you need to do is look and you'll understand.

The horror follows. And that's why people have taken my words and ideas and turned them into actions. The truth is there. And documented. The paperchase is ridiculously easy. If I were a police detective, I'd already have my warrent, and I'd already have the suspected printed and booked. Now the trial.

Forgot the link.
Again.
bssa.geoscienceworld.org...

edit on 23-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

funny...look the location of the recent north california swarm.... Clear-lake volcano?
would be the 3'th dormant/extinct volcano in row in about a few weeks... who's suffering explicit EQ's...
first Laacher-see Germany... last days new sealand ...now clear lake...
ofcourse tectonic EQ's but stilll...

any extinct volcano near arkansas swarm???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

maybe,
maybe rift

81 friends of Arkansas....
edit on 23-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

How close is close for the extinct volcano question?
There is a supposedly very, very dead one in Arkansas.

edit on 23-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

For some reason your link didn't work. I'm a volcano freak if there was a concrete connection I'd jump on it. Just read my Yellowstone stuff. I've also been keeping the volcano aspect in mind, and I have a theory, but it's really just a hunch.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

the 6.3 of new sealand was right in the old crater of the lyttelton volcano... Extinct !!
after reading this page wiki.answers.com... extinct became different to me...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry Mr Marks but that abstract cannot possibly be correct. We all know that injection does NOT cause earthquakes.

If you would like the full document rather than the abstract you can get the PDF file here

On Fracking Arkansas I have added the earthquake list and in the sidebar links there are now lists to this list with map, and to the helicorder page and the two seismos that are in my signature.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Robin.. let me guess.... !
rising sea levels put moore stress to the earth crust pressing magma to old vents...

ore the core is heating up and expands to the crust... ( could be global warming from the inside)

any data in rising of the crust temp???

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Try this one.

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks Puterman, that is the link I was trying to put up.

I don't know what went wrong there.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just wanted to give a heads up. For those of you who are concerned about "friending" on Facebook with the Arkansas Fracking page that was created. A new "community fan page" has been set up. Now all you have to do is "like" it.

Friends Of Arkansas Against Fracking

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
also a good info page ...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robin Marks

For some reason your link didn't work. I'm a volcano freak if there was a concrete connection I'd jump on it. Just read my Yellowstone stuff. I've also been keeping the volcano aspect in mind, and I have a theory, but it's really just a hunch.

Robin... I for one would love to hear what your "hunch" or thoughts are. Perhaps you would be willing to share them over in the Vocano Watch 2011 thread?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Well, here is a view of the faults in the area:

geohazards.usgs.gov...

Enola, north of Little Rock where this swarm is occurring is around 100 miles away from the closest known quaternary fault. Which is why I still don't understand how you are tying Memphis into this from swarm activity that doesn't appear to be directly related to the known faults, and is so far away from Memphis. Unless a new extension of the new madrid is stirring with these quakes in Arkansas? Dunno.

But Memphis is close enough to the New Madrid that it's going to take damage from any major quake on that fault zone, no doubt. The question is do these current quakes in Arkansas have anything to do with Memphis... Not trying to be argumentative, just prudent.
edit on Wed Feb 23rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Feb 23rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

funny...look the location of the recent north california swarm.... Clear-lake volcano?
would be the 3'th dormant/extinct volcano in row in about a few weeks... who's suffering explicit EQ's...
first Laacher-see Germany... last days new sealand ...now clear lake...
ofcourse tectonic EQ's but stilll...

any extinct volcano near arkansas swarm???

Well,nothing serious about Germany i think...but i counted 18 Quakes (2 Foreshocks and 15 Aftershocks + the Main one...) roughly in the same Location and Depth from 13.02 to 19.02. More here

Edit: Well,looking at this Map its nearby a minor Fault i think.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

No, this is NOT volcanic. That is a Cretaceous volcano and is worn out and weathered and as extinct as the Dodo. It may have been a problem for T.Rex (the animal) although it was probably extinct by his time as well, but nothing since then. All around Arkansas are the signs of weathered volcanic rock from what I am reading, which since pretty much everywhere has been volcanic in the past is not really surprising.

The PDF that Robin found the extract for clearly points the finger at oil production. Note that says PRODUCTION. This "is is only disposal wells that may produce earthquakes" is just BS.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

This has been covered in the thread already. That site is not giving good information at all. For the second time of this thread I invite you to look at this analysis that I did in early January. Analysis of GLP thread

This analysis is based on what I found on the internet from reputable sources and not the wild speculation of GLP.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

This "is is only disposal wells that may produce earthquakes" is just BS.

I am total agreement with this. You can't remove such quantities of natural gas from the ground and not have some effect through settling. Especially when you are fracturing the rock and holding the cracks open with proppants.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

Robin.. let me guess.... !
rising sea levels put moore stress to the earth crust pressing magma to old vents...

ore the core is heating up and expands to the crust... ( could be global warming from the inside)

any data in rising of the crust temp???

My mind is flying off in all directions. But, you have observed the same patterns of volcano quakes. So, at some point I'll addresses my "hunches" on Ruminations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am forcing myself to stay on track and stick to the best evidence. I'll wildly speculate later.

new topics

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join