It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

I hope they don't use this latest quake to imply fracking was not the cause.
The damage has already been done but I could see them trying to convince the
public it has nothing to do with it and they will try to get permission to
drill again - just my thought after reading the article. Hope I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

i comented before that the nz waves had quakes in them also, I seem to think all of the waves have small quakes started around them

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Somehow I doubt that they did anything. The first came though at about 18:29 UTC and the second at about 18:57 UTC.

On the normal sensitivity plot you cannot see them. WHAR.AG.00.HHZ.2011.068

They are barely visible on this sensitive version of the plot. This is at least 7 times as sensitive as the other one.

They obviously passed through, but I would say not at enough power to trigger anything in addition to which the 2.3 which came before the 3.5 is likely to have had much more effect.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Fritzthecat

No the NZ quakes and Arkansas...any of the larger ones that occurred in Arkansas.
Just see a new one in Japan. Let's see what happens with it.

Check back later...gotta get back to work. :-(

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

It is not missing. It is missing from the Arkansas server. That not the same thing.

The data is there or I could not have posted that WHAR seismo.

link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

On KARK's news facebook page there are many that are saying the quakes are not because of the well. Waiting for then to post the news from 6, Scott Ausbrooks thinks they are.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

My German shepherds alerted when I played that sound file last nigt. Their ears were up and they were VERY interested in the sound. Not afraid, aggressive or skittish, just very interested.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I should have said "it can indicate". Physically, that's the possibility. It can. Sorry, Puterman. My error.

I have oodles of fridge magnets and all sorts of other magnets. Played with them far too much. Yes, they can also slip due to vibration but even so, that's still something worth taking note of, even on a non-empirical basis.

God, I wish I could DO more...

I just cannot get my head around the fact that there are bigwigs in their penthouse boardrooms who are blithely putting so many good people through hellish days and nights just so the said bigwigs can continue to line their pockets with more money than they could ever spend.

Sorry. I'm bushed and I'm grumpy, when I've no real right to be. It's not my home that's shaking, not my land that's being ruined. Not yet. But what the bigwigs are doing is wrong. Fracking is wrong. Injecting toxic liquid garbage into the ground is wrong. "In situ" shale oil mining is wrong and they're going to do that too, in Colorado and of course Wyoming. Shell is already running "experimental" operations in Colorado, drilling hundreds of holes down deep into the shale then heating the ground to 600 degrees F for three years straight so the heat changes the shale and the oil comes out and they can get the oil to the surface cheaper than by strip mining it. I guess you all know that's the big thing that's coming next. And you known it's all wrong. It'll be an absolute disaster. Doing that stuff in Wyoming? Yep. They will. But as I said I guess you all know about that. The fracking and injecting is just stage one of the deeper rape of the planet... A try-out.

They sicken me, these bigwigs in their penthouse boardrooms.

Blessings to you all over there in Arkansas and around the region. Heck, to all of you, everywhere.

Nite, all. Stay safe. Please.

Edit to add: sorry I should have said that if people want links about what I wrote then I have some. Just ask me. I'm off to bed now though so I won't reply tonight.

ROBIN: I admire you, mate. You're a good bloke with very special insight.

Mike

edit on 9/3/11 by JustMike because: added edit

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Over the past few days there have been many large quakes. The activity in Arkansas was definately slowing and losing momentum. As the large quakes rolled through, it seemed to keep the small 2's occasionally popping up. This pattern continued through each wave from a large quake would slightly increase the smaller quakes. Trust me I've been watching it GEE and the other ones simulatenously so I could get a good perspective.

The 6.0 earlier in the day, had a few smalls around that time. Then we had the two big ones rolling in. It didn't matter which came first the big 3.5, or the smaller 2.6. You are only talking about two earthquakes.

As soon as the wave was passing through Arkansas the smaller ones started increasing in frequency. BEFORE the 3.5 quake there were a dozen littles ones in an obvious building period. Then you got the 3.5.

The 2.6 and the others, yes there were other smaller ones, came with the bigger wave, the 6.6 mag.

And now there are lots and lots and lots of little quakes showing up on the GEE. The swarm is now increasing when it had been slowing and showing no clusters. Well with the two large quakes making waves, the water movement is causing the new quakes. Just like in Enola. Water is suspected to have induced the quakes.

And remote triggering change the geysers at Yellowstone. It's the water at play here. The shockwave doesn't need to be strong enough to move the fault itself. The wave is amplyfied and the pressure induces the quakes.

The injection was doing the same thing. The area is so saturated that any waves passing through are magnified. That's exactly why Susan is feeling every single waves. From the small quakes, all the way up to the ones that come from distant regions. She's seasick, because she is bascially on a sea. The area was a sea long ago.

Look right now and you'll see what I don't want to be seeing. And increase in the microquakes and and increase in frequency. Normally I'd agree with you and say the energy was not enough to cause an earthquake is a distant region. Even on other faults a large quake doesn't rupture the next adjacent fault until a long while later.

This is different. That's what make it so special from a scientific point of view. But unfortunately I can't do that right now. There's too many people standing on quicksand and that quicksand is shaking. From the earthquakes withing, and is shaking from earthquake waves passing through. There is a resonance factor here.

Waves and water go hand in hand. This is more fluid dynamics than it is tectonic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by westcoast

I suspect that your dog is actually reacting to something that is strange and she does not understand rather than a 'seismic' sound.

My two dogs hated the speeded up sounds (but I only use 5x or 10x normally) but they are used to it now.

I respectfully disagree that animals do not understand what they are sensing in the case of natural phenomenon or perceived danger. I believe they understand/ comprehend these things far better than, & long before, we do. Otherwise, how do you explain fleeing or agitated birds & animals prior to a tsunami or a storm (or a geologic event)? They may not understand *what specifically* (or maybe they do- how do we know?), but they do perceive a threat & will react with either fear or aggression depending on their perception of that threat. ("Kill the vacuum cleaner" doesn't count. That's not threatened. It's irritated)

Your dogs have likely registered your annoyance at their reactions & suppressed them to please you rather than having "gotten used to it". They could also be picking up that you aren't alarmed yourself & that's in play.

Animals can be outstanding "distant early warning systems". One of our dogs picks up heavy weather 20 or 30 miles away when there isn't a cloud in the sky here. It doesn't always hit *us*, but we have yet to check the radar & there's nothing there. It's not "hearing", but sensing. I suspect Susan's & Westcoast's dogs could associate the sounds with the feelings but who knows?
And how do we know what animals are hearing, exactly?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's absolutely remote triggering. I wrote this on Feb. 6th, page 151

"Umm, no wonder I was thinking about remote triggering after I saw the 6.6 magnitude. Because I had just seen it for myself. It was not pronounced, but there was an uptick just afterward.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

I think the Enola swarms were both fluid induced. 1981 and 2001 Meaning lots of water. Sorry, I love my volcano, Yellowstone, ( i should say volcanoes, because I love my Hudson Bay eruptions too) but this fluid is not magma.
Last volcanic activity was 80 millions years ago. Yes a giant rift could open up one day, but I think it's a long shot.

Here's Enola abstract, can't find full study yet. Nonetheless.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Here's an old Enola study.

mahabghodss.net...(6)/2463.pdf

There must be a very dynamic aquifer under this area. It's insane to be injecting in the region. It's insane to be fracking in this region. At the very least they are going to screw up the ground water and poision the wells and streams. And if they keep going, they'll change the course of the Mississipi and change the course of history. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

16 posts down.

And today, page 159, before the two big ones,
I am absolutely convinced that Arkansas was just remotely triggered by the large quakes in Japan.
There is a bigger quakes in Arkansas right now and just before that there was cluster activity which stated just as the waves were reaching Central Arkansas. This means water is involved. Long story. Too long for now. I've written about it in the Yellowstone thread.

Alaskan earthquakes change Yellostones Geysers. Find it please.

This means Arkanasas is primed and rumbling everytime something shakes it. Like a swollen water balloon. Tap it and it resonates. Hit it too hard...

I am absolutley certain there is a major issue with water saturation under Arkansas.

You can't stop nature once it's set into motion."

www.abovetopsecret.com...
four posts down

The reason is because you could see it has it happened. The larger quakes were reversing the trends. I saw it at first but it was only subtle. After this last batch of waves it's obvious.

Right now it should be obvious the entire dynamic has changed. We've got constant quakes showing up on the GEE and the webicorders. This change can right as the first waves hit and now is fully releasing it's energy.

The swarm ones seem to be building. I expect a large quake tonight. Man I hope I'm wrong. It could be around 4 magnitude.

Puterman I respect you. And I accepted when you first came on here you were skepkical when I said there was going to be an intensification. You put up a graph and said that the spike to that point wasn't very impressive compared to the spikes in the fall. I told you this one was going to be big. And it was. And still is generating some intense activity again.

Arkansas is floating on every wave. Like living on a raft of thatch on an ocean.

"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
At the moment there are dozens and dozens of small microearthquakes happening every few minutes.

It been awhile since that happened.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Japan just had a 5.0 too!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well we are rocking north to south again.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Please describe your general impressions of the quakes. There's more happening, can you the ones now. Without looking at the webicorder. Just before the two Asian quakes rolled through and the 3.5, what were you feeling?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Very slight swaying earlier, more now. Rumbles some longer than others but very frequent, some rattling of doors and windows and vibrations.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

WHAR.AG.00.HHZ

A sensitive version for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

That looks pretty dang deep to me am I right.

new topics

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join