It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 163
<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I respectfully disagree that animals do not understand what they are sensing in the case of natural phenomenon or perceived danger.

Agreed. A sound file is not natural however. Having kept dogs for 50 years or more I think I have some idea of how they react.

Your dogs have likely registered your annoyance at their reactions & suppressed them to please you

Just what sort of fool do you take me for? Why in the hell would I be annoyed at their reaction? I don't get annoyed at animals, only at humans.

edit on 9/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Did you miss this?
(my quote) I suspect Susan's & Westcoast's dogs could associate the sounds with the feelings but who knows?
And how do we know what animals are hearing, exactly?

I don't take you- or anyone, for any kind of fool at all.

PS (edit to add) You bring up an interesting point. Why *would* these dogs react to these sounds in such a way if it had no negative association for them? Taking their reactions at face value, it's pretty safe to assume that there is some negative association for them.
edit on 9-3-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: see "PS"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

OK Added a little more weight to it and it's still spinning. Not ceiling fan is OFF, too cold to use it right now

Now to get the cat to leave it alone, she thinks I just made her a new toy.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

had more thumps and more slight sway/roll feeling. The clock is not something I`d miss if I lost it.
But I am taking some Dramamine in a few minutes... seasick and ears ringing.
Take care!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

you could use a pencil (nice and sharp) tape a piece of paper down, use playdough to weight the pencil down (put close to the point) and hang from the ceiling that would give you a idea also

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

My apologies. I was annoyed. I am a grumpy old man - as it says in my avatar area!!

The point was that I never said they would not understand a natural sound or event. I was referring to the very unnatural sound from the file.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

things seem to be okay right now. I have a system. If it's over a 3.9, my dog will shake/quiver and jump in my lap (at 70lbs, this is NOT normal behavior for her.) For the stronger ones over 3.5 she does the same. And she knows where it's coming from too, bc if it's thunder, she hides under me. We she does that now, I grab the leash and we go outside in the open. I'll let ya'll know if she signals when I'm online in the future.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

OK this has not stopped swinging yet I have the video camera ready to record it. Low flying military planes just flew over, could tell by the sound of the engines.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

ceiling fan is OFF

That was a joke!!

Spinning? You mean the line has not settled down yet from being uncoiled? It will.

Throw the cat a mouse ball of wool!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

That's okay. I'm a grumpy old lady a fair part of the time, too. :-) You're ahead of me. I would do anything in the world for my furkids- I love them more than life itself, but when they all get Teh Crazy, all at once, there's a point where it's gone on 1 minute too long & "somebody's" gonna get in trouble..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

So glad you have the guardian angel! Going outside sounds like a good idea. Safest place to be if you get the "heads up".

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yeah I knew you were joking. LOL Have started the camera and waiting to see what we get.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Yes she alerts to migraines and seizures as well. All before they happen. She is a very sensitive dog with sensible ways of alerting me of danger. All different methods she uses. I've never turned a stray away, always made sure any animal that came to me either got home okay, or got a good new home. I think this is my reward.. okay. so that's TOTALLY not the right subject. The real subject is, I now have a place where I can go and say "hey, she's freaking out, get to safety!" and ppl will listen.. I just hope I am online now when she does! Hopefully what she says is coming is nothing too bad too, if it happens again.
edit on 9-3-2011 by HadEnough because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I was wondering about that. I know what I have been feeling, and every time I check USGS I get nothing.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

It may only move a couple of millimetres (1/12") at the most. Don't expect it to be swinging wildly. That is why I said put a rule beside it - preferably with the pointed bit on an inch mark - you probably don't have millimetres (?)

See this seismogram
WHAR.AG.00.HHN

This is the North channel. Note the green spike on the right. See the long tail? That is where the South movement, sorry acceleration, was greater than the North. That sort of acceleration should make the plumb bob move.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes, a slight off-kilter sensation, like I am dizzy. The New Madrid ones don't affect me like these from Arkansas. Also have heard an occasional "thump" from off somewhere outside.

More often, I am feeling things.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

OK Be back in a few have to get it off the camera.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

ever since we kicked the british out in the 1700s we refuse to have anything to do with metric thank you lol. Somthing you Irish should consider lol

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You see you stuck with the British way, but the Irish kicked the Brits out and went metric to get away from them!!

Well actually the UK is just as metricated! Earthquakes however are definitely metric both in depths and energy!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

OK the video is uploading on youtube, going to take a few minutes. Now the last big wave I wish I would have caught as it's still hanging but it moved a whole lot more than during the video.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

OK the video is uploading on youtube, going to take a few minutes. Now the last big wave I wish I would have caught as it's still hanging but it moved a whole lot more than during the video.

top topics

<< 160  161  162    164  165  166 >>

join