It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

I respectfully disagree that animals do not understand what they are sensing in the case of natural phenomenon or perceived danger.

Agreed. A sound file is not natural however. Having kept dogs for 50 years or more I think I have some idea of how they react.

Your dogs have likely registered your annoyance at their reactions & suppressed them to please you

Just what sort of fool do you take me for? Why in the hell would I be annoyed at their reaction? I don't get annoyed at animals, only at humans.

edit on 9/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

It looks worse that it would normally because I have turned up the sensitivity of the display so you can see the smaller detail.

It should give you a better idea of how much is going on.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Susan, I hope you are ok tonight. I can't begin to imagine how it feels to live on land that feels like it floating free form. Your interpretations are essential, and so on queue with or before the seismos.
Earlier Robin said, trust your instincts. But even MORE SO plan a getaway around the time Robin suggested. I think that is sound advice. How about grabbing some camping gear and head out. I would suggest min 4-6 hr drive. east or west, just not due north or south darlin.
Looks like I might have waited too long to go to Crater of Diamonds for a dig. Many prayers for you and yours, and all the folks in AK. Lifting you up...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

All I need to hear is one word... GO and we are outta here

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Have to say I'm on pins and needles right now and shaking.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
more rumbles, lasted about 15 sec, slight rattle on window

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

No I won't be at any meetings for a while. I can't drive until they either decide that my 'seizure-like spells' are either not seizures, or that they are but I am seizure free for 12 months
My wonderful hubby is working early and late all week so he doesn't have to use all of his leave taking me to and from appointments so I'm kinda stuck in the house all week. This is how I ended up with the time to read over 150 pages of this forum, plus the links everyone posted.. haha talk about bored! Next week they are admitting me into the hospital.. I already feel guilty about having to leave the dogs here alone, knowing how much the earthquakes scare them.. I know you'll keep us all updated though! Oh, and the 4:17 earthquake.. oddly enough I felt it at Kohl's in Sherwood today.. never felt the 3.5 though.. but at that time I was in Little Rock. I'm SOOO glad to have found other super sensitive people like myself! Sometimes reading all of these all day can really make you paranoid though, so please make sure that you're taking plenty of breaks from it (I know bc I found myself searching the house, looking for the easiest accessed place if the house were to collapse, so I could start moving our survival supplies there. My husband drew the line at storing the toilet paper in the spare bedroom! Haha! Hey you don't know how important it is until you spend a long time without it.... I knew it was time to turn off the computer when I realized how irrational I was becoming!)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
humor time

what do you get when you cross a politician and a gas company executive

a Fraking Idiot lol
and its better to be a smart ass then a dip ship

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

What are you feeling and hearing there?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I could not take that responsibility Susan. You must remember that I am sat here in Ireland where we never have earthquakes and not really knowing exactly what you are feeling.

From a purely practical aspect, that seismo reading is not what I would consider to be so bad that I would say you need to get out. I am somewhat intrigued by the 'rocking' you talk about. You can check that one for yourself with a rather ancient device not used much these days known as a plumb-bob. It can be a simple but effective seismo.

You say the movement is North/South so suspend the plumb-bob with a good length so it can swing and where it nearly touches the floor place a rule in the N/S direction. Provided you make sure there are no draughts affecting it, then if the ground is moving the plumb-bob should not initially, and then should move as the house movement slows down. Be aware however that draughts will throw it right out!

You should be able to see and measure the movement. Of course this only measures lateral movement not vertical.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In the last week, there is a small cluster of quakes in Missouri and Tennesee. Is there an injection well in that aprox. area? And could they possibly be transporting the fluids there that would normally be going to Guy and Greenbriar? It is certainly close enough. With high gasoline prices...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You could also suspend it over a layer of sand in a shallow box, (or carbon paper if they stiil make it lol) Just enough for the tip to make slight contact with sand.. then you would be able to make a trace of it. then you would be able to document each one. just wipe your sand pile clean, also you could do it with flour and a piece of glass

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

I love the experiments everyone on here comes up with. They're so simple, yet practical! I've noticed some changes with our doors too. Our master bathroom door is about a half inch off now, the top half doesn't fit into the door frame when you try to close it anymore. My husband took a little walk, and discovered that our neighbor's pond is full to the brim, so to speak. Our backyard is downhill from their pond, so we're hoping for some nice warm weather to dry things out before the next rain... or I don't think we'll have a backyard anymore. On the bright side, we'll suddenly live on waterfront property, the American dream, right? Luckily Our house/front yard sit much higher than the flooded portions of our backyard, so I'm not to worried yet. Thanks for sharing your info with us, the next couple of weeks should prove interesting since mother nature is ticked-off, water logged, and at the mercy of the moon!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

A few minutes ago it felt/sounded like a short roll of thunder, with a slight thump. Not a really a jolt, just a thump.. and the underpinning (that the previous owners screwed up) on our house was rattling.. wasn't sure if it was a sudden gust of wind or what though.

Also, If I am relaxed and still, it feels like things are moving.. vibrating ever so slightly.. but.. my entire nervous system is pretty out of whack, so I can't say for sure that it's related to anything. When I say screwed up, I mean, for example, I no longer have reflexes in my legs. So I'm not the best person to rely on, but I still don't mind sharing
That vibrating like sensation has been going on for days.. it's worse if I'm in my recliner.. that makes me sea-sick.
edit on 9-3-2011 by HadEnough because: more info

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

OK I took a keychain ring and hung it from the ceiling fan on a fishing line. I hope that will work.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

OK help me document these if you can please and when you feel or hear one describe it as best as you can. That will help give everyone a feel for what is happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Exactly the same here. And the slight "roll" feeling. I just checked the clock on the living room wall (a North/South orientation) and the clock is hanging at a slight angle (wasn`t that way at noon... I cleaned it and straightened it).

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Is it good and heavy? The weight needs to be heavy so that as the ground accelerates the weight is delayed which was why I mentioned a plumb-bob.

One assumes the fan is not on and whiling round!

Edit: but not so heavy that it cannot move before the ground movement stops. I would guess a couple of ounces. Say between 2 to 4.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

will do, and please check my edit on my last reply to you. the last thump was actually more like 2 thumps, about 3 seconds apart, followed by the rattling.. too bad I didn't look at the time.. but it was right around the time u asked

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

I have nothing hanging on my walls. The we about lost all of our breakables durring the 4.3 (memory sucks these days, but it was the second one above a 3.9 last month) so I took them all down and packed them away. Better to be safe than lose family heirlooms, and if i'm gonna pack them, I might as well pack all of the breakables. I do hear what sounds like jars rattling in the refrigerator on and off though.. but it only lasts a second or two at a time.

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join