It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I just saw it again. As soon as the new waves from the two large quakes hit, (Japan 6.1, Paupa New Gueina 6.6) we get another remote triggering. It's less the 3.5, but is above 2.5.

We're watching distant waves triggering the earthquakes occuring now in Arkansas. You may not understand this, you are watching a real scientific discovery. They will not be able to ignore this correlation. Even a first year geology student could make the connections and write a very good paper.

We've witnessed something that doesn't often happen. Arkansas's bell is being rang from across the ocean by repeated hits from distant quakes. If I wasn't horrified, I'd be in awe. This means Arkansas is sensitive to every little stress and wave. It proves the ground is completely unstable and if an larger earthquake hit the area, there will be a cascade of other quakes. It may even be a larger quake in a nearby faultsystem that overloads the network.

I've forgotten about the injection. There's no point in looking back now.

THE GROUND BENEATH ARKANSAS IS UNSTABLE AND WILL BE LIQUIFIDE BY A LARGE EARTHQUAKE

THIS IS CRITICAL MASS INCARNATE

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Susan...you okay? Haven't heard from you since the first bigger one. Hope all is well with you. It looks like there are a whole lotta shaking going on under you right now in the midst of those P waves.

I have an experiement for you. This is taken from the article I linked on the other thread about the scalar waves.

Have you ever heard of magnets that moved down a refrigerator before a strong earthquake? It is a true phenomenon. The cause are strong bursts of Longitudinal Scalar EM Waves, usually as impulses. The impulse will momentarily affect the magnetic strength of the magnet. Gravity will then take over. When the impulse decays, the magnet returns to its full strength. Over time, the magnets can be found further down the face of the refrigerator from multiple episodes of impulses and slippage.

SOURCE

Could you try that? Now might be a good time, and it may prove some things.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

It was a pretty decent jolt. Looks in the three range or close to it, yes. And also yes, it's very strong evidence of remote triggering.

Here's GEE for the appropriate time. The trace shows just over 500 microns/sec acceleration on the Z scale and in the 400 range on both E and N. (Scroll to right of pic, folks, to see the readout of the numbers of microns/sec):

EDIT to add: just come up on USGS as a mag 2.6. Odd. I thought it was a touch stronger than that, but on the other hand the teleseismics make it hard to pick so I expect the experts have taken that into account better than an amateur like me could.

Darn, I forgot to paste the details:

Magnitude 2.6 - ARKANSAS
2011 March 09 22:17:41 UTC

* Details
* Maps

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 2.6
Date-Time

* Wednesday, March 09, 2011 at 22:17:41 UTC
* Wednesday, March 09, 2011 at 04:17:41 PM at epicenter

Location 35.272°N, 92.344°W
Depth 4.2 km (2.6 miles)
Region ARKANSAS
Distances

* 6 km (4 miles) NE (41°) from Greenbrier, AR
* 6 km (4 miles) S (188°) from Guy, AR
* 9 km (6 miles) SE (124°) from Twin Groves, AR
* 60 km (37 miles) N (359°) from Little Rock, AR
* 417 km (259 miles) SSW (207°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.6 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 0.6 km (0.4 miles)
Parameters NST= 9, Nph= 16, Dmin=3 km, Rmss=0.15 sec, Gp= 94°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source

* Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network

Event ID nm030911o

Mike
edit on 9/3/11 by JustMike because: eta

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Sorry I missed that one in time. Will matter what kind of magnet, most that I have now are flat.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

If they're flat that's good. Just sit them on the fridge door and put a little piece of scotch tape next to them so you know exactly where they're sitting. If they slip down of their own accord over time then it indicates their magnetic strength is being affected. (You can draw a line on the fridge with a soft pen but scotch tape is better because it won't leave any icky marks.
)

MIke

edit on 9/3/11 by JustMike because: improvements (maybe)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Okay, guys doing this really quick because I have to leave to pick up kids.

I was playing the RAW seismic audio file of the Arkansas seismo that Puterman did for my son, so he could compare those files I posted. When it was done, my son pointed out my little dog quivering at my feet.

On my washington thread I have pretty much proven to myself that she is able to predict local, shallow quakes up to a few hours in advance.

I calmed her down played the file again and video taped it. The results prove to me that no matter WHAT that audio is...it is most DEFINATELY seismic in nature. She was absolutely terrified and shaking under my desk. This is EXACTLY what she does before a quake. Take a look. It seems mean and I felt bad doing it, but I think it really proves something.

ETA...it is currently being processed. sorry, its a big file
edit on 9-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The URL contained a malformed video ID.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Date/Time UTC,Latitude,Longitude,Magnitude,Depth(Km),Location
2011-03-09T21:22:18.000Z,38.38530,142.64150,6.1000,23.0000,near the east coast of Honshu. Japan
2011-03-09T21:24:51.000Z,-6.02160,149.65890,6.6000,43.2000,New Britain region. Papua New Guinea
2011-03-09T22:17:41.000Z,35.27210,-92.34430,2.6000,4.2000,Arkansas

There was 2 mins 33 seconds between Honshu and Papua.
Look at Honshu first

Now Papus

There is 8 minutes of travel time between the two so Papua had gone off 6 minutes or so before the Honshu wave reached it.

I don't see a 3.5 in Arkansas so I can't comment on that one.

edit on 9/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

Ah the earlier one. Sorry I was looking for one after the Honshu/Papua pair.

edit on 9/3/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

earthquake.usgs.gov...

And actually it was the earlier 6.0 in Japan that started the activity which lead to the 3.5 mag.

Then afterward the other two waves show up and continued making quakes.

It's as clear as day.
edit on 9-3-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What a precious little girl!!! That was interesting....thanks! My cocker spaniel acts that way when a hurricane is coming or really any bad storm....before it gets here. We can learn so much from out animal friends!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Thought it might be of interest, we just had an X 1 solar flare.

spaceweather.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

If they slip down of their own accord over time then it indicates their magnetic strength is being affected.

No, not necessarily. It is more likely to be because of vibrations. Maybe you have not played with fridge magnets before but I can tell you that they do slip down.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Why is there missing data on ALL of these recorders?

www.geology.arkansas.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Seems like there was some activity when the webcorders were going "haywire" earlier... and now it's missing

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Don't want to be a party-pooper but as I said when I posted the sound file there are actually hardly any earthquake sounds on that at all. In addition don't forget that it is speeded up 50x so sounds absolutely nothing like the 'sounds' of an earthquake.

Further to that, even a dog cannot 'hear' an earthquake. The sound is just too low, but they probably are sensitive to the vibration and possibly to some harmonics. Since that is unlikely to be present when you are playing back at 50x speed what you are left with is the fact that the sounds are actually disharmony, and there will be quite a bit of sound there that has probably been raised beyond our hearing but not beyond a dogs range.

I suspect that your dog is actually reacting to something that is strange and she does not understand rather than a 'seismic' sound.

My two dogs hated the speeded up sounds (but I only use 5x or 10x normally) but they are used to it now.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fritzthecat

I've been at work all day by started watching my quake app as soon as I woke up. I noticed immediately that the swarm off of Honshu was very energetic and made mention of to one of the people I discuss such things with at work.

As soon as I saw the 3.5 in, AR I knew that there had probably been a small swarm in response.

It's like playing pool and you're setting up a wicked 2-3 ball combination.

These resonance patterns that seem to be emerging are beginning to give me the heebiejeebies!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well, you make some really good points and I don't pretend to understand it. All I know is that the only other time I have EVER seen my dog act like that is just before an earthquake.

Robin, your observations are very telling. I hope we don't start to see more of them spreading out on the New Madrid. Missouri has at least been quiet today (and Tenessee)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks for confirming the correlations I asked about. I wonder if Anyone can go back and see the same thing with the New Zealand quake.

And just to throw this in, I had earthquake nightmares last night. Predictive or just because I checked this thread before going to bed. I wont claim to predict them bit there are times I can tell my sis and usually within 24 hours. No particular feelings because none are ever close to me but I have narrowed it down to an electrical shock type feeling.

Either way I don't have a good feeling about any of this.

Stay safe one and all...and Robin...thanks for answering my question. It was not worded well from a mobile phone as I was dashing from one Job to another.

All of you on this thread are rock stars ;-)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

True I have had the slip and fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join