It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

Will you be at the meeting Friday? Look forward to meeting you and others.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HadEnough

We live in an extremely porous area. With a huge sinkhole in my backyard, I never had to think about drainage. Since the Arkansas quakes:
-our front door frame needs readjusting to realign the locks.
-puddles on the road by the front do not drain
-roadside puddles are not draining
-basement has always had some leakage during spring storms. Now it takes 2-3 times longer to evaporate. It also begins to flood in faster.
-windows creak in frames.

I am trying an experiment. My tiniest hen (size of a softball) needed a break from the others in the coop. She is resting in a cat carrier in my kitchen, at the approx spot where the Arkansas quakes come through. This hen is not excitable.

She just stirred and jumped at 10:58 AM and I just got dizzy at 11:02 AM.

The USGS is not marking all quakes. When you mouse over the square, it gives the date and a letter of the alphabet. The letter corresponds to which quake. For ex: "nm030911a" means the first reviewed quake of today. Yesterday's New Mad quake is recorded as "m" so there were quite a few prior to it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by katfish

They haven't been posting them all since the start. I just wonder what they know, that we don't. If they keep the posts down on them, then maybe it gives them an edge to keep the injection wells closed and to get them sealed and maybe investigate this further. Think about the mass hysteria and panic that it would cause if this area was told an eruption was coming and it could possibly be volcanic or a major quake was coming and everyone should seek shelter and leave. They aren't prepared for that yet.

Something else to think about is why did the companies involved so easily agree to stop the injections?

I also just thought about the caves and caverns. One of them has a wild river tour where you can go exporing the cave and it's guided but you actually get the hat with the light on it and get to go further down to a underground river system and it's not on a trail with rails. That part is probably closed for the winter but I wonder what the water level in there is on the river. It's a little further north of Greers Ferry too so it may not be affected as much.

Here is the link to Blanchard Springs Caverns.
www.ozarkmerchants.com...
We took the Discovery trail last summer and took the grandkids, they had a ball on it, but 700 stairs was tiring.

edit on 9-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just wondereing if this months closest approach of the Moon to Earth in 18 years might loosen up those already fragile faults in Arkansas, the 19th of this month is the date of its Perigee, so it will be the following few days that might bring a few more rumbles than normal.

Some quakes of 1993 Here

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

St. Louis has a massive cave system under the city. The big sinkhole in my backyard is a collapsed cave-and there are several unexplored small caves on and around my property. We visit caves often. They are very stable structures. The rivers within them move an amazing amount of groundwater. That is a place to check for pollution from fracking. Also, local fish will have the chemicals in their livers.

Across the Mississippi River is the Cahokia region-with 2 huge ceremonial mounds that have not moved or changed in a very long time. Withstood the last New Mad quakes.

New Madrid on its own does not scare me-it will do what it will do when it wants. I believe the natural shifts and plate movements will give man time to prepare. Geologically the area is relatively stable-I look at the sizes of trees, the hill movements, the erosion.

When man interferes, as is obviously happening around the Midwestern US, it speeds up the erosion and denigration. The earth can adjust for plate shifts and water variations. Damage will force the earth to change faster.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Thank you for providing answers for the troops. You are the Arkansas Militia. I'm burden by the thought that I can't answer each and every question and explore every avenue of inquiry. Luckily you all have the power of the knowledge gathered within this discussion. Any of you can provide the answers. And more questions.

I've been lost in the wilderness and am tending to some wounds. But I never forget about Arkansas. Can't. I adoped the state as my own back in January and decide I was going to fight on your side.

But now, there is that other front. I haven't even made a second posting on my Yellowstone thread. Still composing it in my head. I'll never abandon Arkansas. But world war. They're going to blow up the world. Or least a giant volcano or two. No, I think it would only take one to change the course of history.

There is still a few quakes. What differences have you noticed? And what direction are the waves coming from?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
New one in Japan, same place as last night's.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

The feeling of being in a small alum flat bottom boat and someone rocking it in a big wavy pond has subsided a little, I am not getting as seasick, but it's still there at times too. The small quakes are shaking the ground harder it seems, doors and windows rattling more now than they were with the smaller ones. The constant ringing in the ears is very painful at times and has even had tones in it, headache is constant and it doesn't seem to help to take anything for it. Your can hear the rumble and then feel them coming from the north or northwest a little. Heard and felt a small series of cracking earlier, more northwest, it reminded me of a string of firecrackers going off, but it was very muffled but pop, pop, pop,pop, pop and was gone. Haven't heard that one before and I even questioned myself as to if I heard that or not. There are booms at times and most of them feel like they are right underneath you.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just had another one that rattled doors, maybe it's the surface wave from the one that hit Japan haven't looked at it yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You know I'm never trying to scare you. But the ground beneath is, I was going to say the ground is more water than earth, but that's not exactly true. There was definately a small quake recently, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could feel the worldwide quakes. That's not scientific. It's just my opinion.

If you ever come to a moment where you're senses are telling you to leave in an urgent way, don't second guess yourself. I think i've come to understand a small bit of your temperment. You're fairly cool under fire. So, I know you'll use your best judgement and you will be relying other things to form your conclusions. I know you won't be just listening to me. That's the only reason I would dare bring up the subject.

Overall, there's nothing extraordinary happening with the quakes. So far, the clusters of larger ones have stopped. You could say it's almost back down to levels seen just before the lastest spike in activity which started around St. Valentine's Day.

Did you ever check on the history of the well to your north? I still haven't even had the time to go back and look for someone's post with some information on the area's wells.

Nor have I gotten to read and find a full history on the drilling around Enola.

Have you thought about getting away for awhile? You know, to give you a break for the drama. The weekend of the 18th looks good for a trip. Take the whole family. Take your dogs as well. They can hear even more of it than you can. Fun for the whole family.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Susan, please continue to keep us up on what is happening where you are. I come here every day to check, and many others too....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey Stealthy were hanging in here.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have a friend coming to visit from out of town today. Wanted to let everyone know
I am keeping track of the posts. Susan door rattling - they are heavy - hope the
day is smooth sailing from here on in.

My earthquake bell fell off the shelf this morning, thought I felt a little rumble

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Maybe you felt the surface wave from Japan. Hope that's all it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello Everyone Again,

I haven't contributed as much as I would like to this thread, but I will add maybe 1 or 2 more things.

1) If I lived in the Madrid Fault Zone, I wouldn't not be there from March 18 - 22

As was discussed in different points in this thread, solunar activity (the sun AND the moon) has a lot to do with the Earth's tectonics. Most noticeably, Perigee moons. The closest Perigee moon since 1993 is about to shine down on us. I mentioned (Perhaps first) very early on in this thread about Perigee moons, and the upcoming very large Perigees. This combined with the Sun's very strange flares lately (The X-Class being almost as large as half the Sun yesterday) leads me to believe we are entering a very unstable time for tectonic plates.

Alongside the massive fish die off in all corners of the United States (The most notable being in the BILLIONS in California) and the unexplainable human illnesses such as headache and dizziness... I would say that recent Russian word that The United States may be in a very dangerous time for earthquakes is correct.

I also believe the United States has a deep worry about the New Madrid Fault Zone but does not want to panic people, so they are gradually releasing "countdown" information

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SusanFrey
reply to post by Robin Marks

The feeling of being in a small alum flat bottom boat and someone rocking it in a big wavy pond has subsided a little, I am not getting as seasick, but it's still there at times too. The small quakes are shaking the ground harder it seems, doors and windows rattling more now than they were with the smaller ones. The constant ringing in the ears is very painful at times and has even had tones in it, headache is constant and it doesn't seem to help to take anything for it. Your can hear the rumble and then feel them coming from the north or northwest a little. Heard and felt a small series of cracking earlier, more northwest, it reminded me of a string of firecrackers going off, but it was very muffled but pop, pop, pop,pop, pop and was gone. Haven't heard that one before and I even questioned myself as to if I heard that or not. There are booms at times and most of them feel like they are right underneath you.

Susan, you really need to read this article: Mystery of the -Earthquake Boom- a Real Earthquake

It won't let me copy-paste any of it to quote it, but it talks about louds booms coming from the ground that are NOT recorded by tradiontal seismographs and are directly linked to volcanos. (Yes, I am going there again)

You should also read this: Insight to the mystery of Ear Tones prior
to Earthquakes – how they occur and why.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Dear 9Cib27,

You remind me a whole lot of someone. Who? Oh ya, me. I don't know how old you are. But suspect that you're younger than me. I'm hitting the I need to start squinting when I'm reading age.

I too wish I could have contributed much more to this thread. Your often on the right track, but I think your enthusiasm gets in the way. I know hyper-excitment something I always have to tame in myself.

I am hyper-vigilant. So, here I try to stay on track and express what's most important. Then when I want to feed my emotional need to rage and vent, I go find my crazy corner. That's the Robinesque Ruminations thread. I did not ban you, or even censor you. I told you not to be offended when I did try and riegn you in a bit. And I don't blame you for not trusting the government. I hear ya. But on this thread the conspiracy was in plain view.

And you can start a thread and devote it to your interpetation of all the events in Arkansas and tie worldwide influences into it. I believe in free speech. You're on the right track. The moon is important and there's some scientfic articles on the subject. I haven't even found them all.

So please contribute. Just observe the patterns of discussion and find the context.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You guys....I think I have figured something out. I am not sure how to go about this though.

If you have been following TrueAmericans thread on the odd seismo readings...I am going to post something there. This is something though that I hesitate to even communicate with the USGS about. My tin hat is coming out.

ETA: I have made a post about it. This could possilby tie in with the booms and some other wierd things we have been noticing. I very well could be wrong though.

edit on 9-3-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well there's been some return to a few larger quakes. They haven't shown up yet.

To this humble observer, the waves from the large earthquakes in Japan seemed to have remotely triggered the slight increase in Arkansas. It's nothing dramatic exactly. But this is not the first time I've observed the pattern.

Conclusion: Under Arkansas there is a vast quantity of water in the system. I won't bore you with bunch of geology terms. Everytime waves pass through the earth in Arkansas, there is an amplifying effect.

Whenever the earth shakes or shifts, Arkansas shakes like a bowl full of jello.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey Robin,

I just stumbled across this article/study that ties in to your theory on methane releases from the earth. This has to do more with the ocean, however I believe it definitely supports your theory.

Methane Gas Likely Spewing Into Oceans Through Vents In Sea Floor

new topics

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join