It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It is not meant to alarm. And I want to make that clear. I EXPECT this to turn out to be wind noise, but it doesn't hurt to check. And check is what we are doing. Patience folks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am waiting to see what becomes of this - I am hoping its nothing more
than wind. Fingers crossed!!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm hoping its wind too. I really don't want it to be anything bad going on.
I have been thinking......hmm, a few times when Ive seen the images that Westcoast and TrueAmerican have posted. They do look similar to St Helen's.

But i think PuterMan said in the other thread that he thinks its occurring at the same time every day??? Forgive me if I'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

About the only suggestion I have would be to gather as much information as possible from this thread and forward it to the right people in your area and state, whether it is local news, district representatives or state representatives. You could try writing to the local editorial pages of your newspaper, if you are willing to be more public about this. Because what is happening in Arkansas is going to affect Missouri. We are all in the same boat really, trying to get those who are complacent or naive to pay attention to this situation. At least here in Memphis, the local news channels are following the fracking situation, the University of Memphis is analyzing the connection between the fracking and the quake activity, and I did receive a letter from one of my state's senators that he is looking into this (at least that is what he said). Let us know what kind of response you get. There are other people from Missouri on this thread too that I would bet are willing to lend some support.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SusanFrey

Hi Susan. That picture of the lake, do you know the name of it?
I could have a look for some pictures of what it should look like.

And by the way, I really admire you for all that you are going through right now. I think I'd be rocking in a corner mumbling please stop, please stop!
You are a very strong woman. And I hope for you and all the people affected by all this activity to get proper answers as to what is going on.
And I also pray for it to stop and not get any worst.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I think it's Vilanco I know it's on that road. The name is not showing up on google earth. I'll look at a county map and see if it's on there. brb

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I can't find the name of it but its on Vilanco cutoff road

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have asked this question on TrueAmerican's other thread but haven't gotten an answer. Was just wondering, when they pump this fluid down a new well to frack it. Its done under tremendous pressure at great depths with thousands of gallons of fluid. How far would the noise travel of this fluid breaking thru the rock. It must take quite awhile to do. I have been involved with fracking artesian wells and leach fields. But nothing at these depths and certainly not with the amount of fluid and the time it would take to do it.

Just seems to me that it would show up on webicorders as a constant sort of rumble as well as a few minor micro quake during the times this fluid is being pumped in.

.Just wondering if anyone has any feed back on this.

Just seems to me that this massive amount of water would be heard on several webicorders, as well as the sounds of the pumps traveling down thru the water
edit on 7-3-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
www.iris.washington.edu...
ok theres another strange wave that makes 5 that ive seen in the last 2 months. show up on others also. and no major quakes in the last hour around the world
well im faster on the draw then the usgs lol

5.0 oregon coast that makes 5

earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 7-3-2011 by Fritzthecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You poor dear, I can't imagine what that must have felt like while driving.
I have felt many quakes thru the years but don't think I ever felt one
while on the road.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Puterman, Westcoast, TrueAmerican and Robin and everyone else, thank you so much. I can't say it enough, you are all appreciated for all that you do.
edit on 7-3-2011 by SusanFrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I was seeing the exact same things on the Pineville and Goldonna Louisiana stations today! I mean EXACTLY like that!

Nevermind....my question was already answered...Thanks Again!

edit on 7-3-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
I have asked this question on TrueAmerican's other thread but haven't gotten an answer. Was just wondering, when they pump this fluid down a new well to frack it. Its done under tremendous pressure at great depths with thousands of gallons of fluid. How far would the noise travel of this fluid breaking thru the rock. It must take quite awhile to do. I have been involved with fracking artesian wells and leach fields. But nothing at these depths and certainly not with the amount of fluid and the time it would take to do it.

Just seems to me that it would show up on webicorders as a constant sort of rumble as well as a few minor micro quake during the times this fluid is being pumped in.

.Just wondering if anyone has any feed back on this.

Just seems to me that this massive amount of water would be heard on several webicorders, as well as the sounds of the pumps traveling down thru the water
edit on 7-3-2011 by herenow because: (no reason given)

As far as I can tell, the initial fracturing process only takes a day or two according to the report on this page which is a filed trip report to a Seeco well sight being fractured. The .PDF is not very big, it loads on my iPhone in about 20 seconds and has photos and everything.

Now, we are also told that nowhere near all of the fluid is recovered so you have to imagine that even though it isn't under pressure any longer, the chemical process that the additives started is still going to be happening. Maybe not as efficiently, but that poisonous cocktail is still going to be eating away at the rock like tiny stone maggots gnawing at the bones of a carcass.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It felt like I was on a rough road pretty bouncy with bad shocks.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Good it didn't throw your driving off.
We have so many pot holes here
I most likely wouldn't have noticed.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Curvy little roads back there and they don't feel like they are quite wide enough for two cars but they are, no shoulders on them at all but pretty scenery. You can't go fast or you will end up in the side of something or off the edge. They aren't marked well either which I find everywhere here. The state recently made counties make improvements to add real street signs instead of concrete posts with street names written on them. I was used to street signs when we moved up and well marked roads and highways, it took some adjusting at first as you aren't used to looking down for the name of something when your driving.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Time to turn in as I have a busy day tomorrow. Susan try to get some rest.
A big thanks to all of you that make this thread possible!

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

edit on 7-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Good night Daisey, I was hoping to visit a bit with you tonight. Sleep well my friend.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You're welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join