It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I am sure that you have thought of this...

Where I now live, Real Estate Offices will tie very large balloons on houses to highlight their locations. These things have turned my neck many times. They take them down at dusk. Around here they are orange.

That is the only man made thing that I could think of. Do you know anyone who lives in a better line of sight? Get that person on the phone when you see them.

At least you figured out you were not going crazy...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Go to Google Earth and enter your address. Line up the direction where you think the lights were and check where O'Hare is. Look for a BIG wooded area near O'Hare that falls on that imaginary line between your house and the lights... that is somewhere near O'Hare.

(These types of lights like to hang out-in and around wooded areas)

Then find a public building that is several stories high near that wooded area where you can find window access on an upper floor. My guess would be an Airport Hotel of some sorts like Comfort Suites O'Hare Airport. Talk nice to a clerk and tell them what you're trying to do and perhaps they will give you a key to a room with an excellent vantage point... or even help you to access the roof. That's what I would try and do. Then plan your driving route to get there in record time.

edit on 14/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Too the OP.

They call it ball Lightning.

Wiki - "Ball lightning is a proposed atmospheric electrical phenomenon of which little is known. The term refers to reports of luminous, usually spherical objects which vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. It is usually associated with thunderstorms, but lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt. Many of the early reports say that the ball eventually explodes, sometimes with fatal consequences, leaving behind the odor of sulfur. There are records of free-floating glowing balls that occur in total absence of thunderclouds. This occurs commonly in the valley of Hessdalen, Norway.[1] One recent theory suggests that these light balls (Hessdalen Lights) are produced by the ionization of air and dust by alpha particles during radon decay in the dusty atmosphere.[2]"

I also read that Ball Lightning can manifest above mountain tops that are rich in iron. Somehow the mountain works as a conductor and when it's full it dispels Ball Lightning. Learned that from Bill Nye.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Looks like a squadron of B-1RD's

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread but I was wondering if the OP could film the same area from the same window during the day. To me it looks like antenna masts of some kind with lights on them.
and daytime footage would prove that either to be the case or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
I haven't read the entire thread but I was wondering if the OP could film the same area from the same window during the day. To me it looks like antenna masts of some kind with lights on them.
and daytime footage would prove that either to be the case or not.

Here ya go...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

That's pretty interesting but there's no way it's ball lightning. They stay in the same spot, move around a little bit. Always show up in the same area. Even on clear nights such as the night I filmed that video. It's definitely not a natural occurrence. But thanks for the video, I haven't heard of that before.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here are roughly the balloons I was talking about.

www.ballooncountry.com...

Also, I have seen them use huge ones for a few hours.

I am interested to see how this comes out.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
1) Helicopters
2) Jet airliner

or if you you crazy

3) Some super advance faster than light (not possible) spaceship from some other galaxy. The being must have gotten lost and was looking to get realigned. (or possible picking up abducting humans for some anal probing)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

That would make sense. If the runway heading is toward you, you would see very little relative movement, mostly vertical movement. Once they are a few miles from the airport they turn off their landing lights, don't need em' en route.

If there is a shift in the wind direction, they would take off in the opposite direction, in which case you wouldn't see the landing lights.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Yes, I know... I have seen that myself and thought of that as a possibility as I said before. My only question though is, would said plane be visible for several hours? Every time I have seen this effect caused by a plane come directly toward me at night... It only lasts a few minutes and then it gets close enough that you can tell it is a plane and you can see the navigation lights and all that...

So... Is it possible to see a plane like that heading towards or away from you, for several hours? That confuses me.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

That's a good theory, but they are definitely not balloons. The video doesn't do it justice really. If you could see these in real life you'd see how crazy bright they get. They're definitely lights of some sort and not balloons.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I would have definitely not posted this video and just accepted that they were planes if it wasn't for them being visible for so long. The first time it happened I waited, and waited, just watching for them to get higher/lower (them coming closer or moving farther away) but they stayed in the same relative spot. That's all that really confuses me about the whole plane theory.

edit: Also the fact of how bright they get. I can see other planes flying around and they aren't even half as bright as these things get. They get super bright, then dim down, then get super bright again, then dim down. It's really weird
edit on 14-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ya know what I'd do? I'd get in my car and drive in the direction of the lights, and film them as best as possible!

I wish I could actually see something with my own eyes!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

I plan on trying that again tonight if they decide to show up

sun's setting now so if they show up it should be within the next hour - hour and a half

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

K-way- zy

It kinda looks like the Framework of Building, and the Lights are On or Inside the Framework. But you already knew that right?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I didn't think they were balloons. I just wanted to rule it out. I hope you get another look at these things.

reply to post by apodictic

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Sure, also looks like there's no building there...lol

click for daytime view

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by makinit66

I plan on trying that again tonight if they decide to show up

sun's setting now so if they show up it should be within the next hour - hour and a half

Here's a K-way-zy thought, and I'm just this out there.....

Why not take a Vid during the Day at the same spot, and compare it to the Night time Vid.
Does that sound wierd or what?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Here's a K-way-zy thought read the thread before trying to become mr. asshole.

I already linked you to the day video. Enjoy

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join