It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Okay fair enough if I look at it from your point of view. They are not radio towers though, as they're only visible in the time frame I provided in the OP. Let me re-download Google earth and I'll PM you the coordinates as to not give everyone here the spot I live in lol.

Understandable. I appreciate it and am glad you don't mind me speculating. I am just trying to think of any logical explanation I can... Though for what it is worth, I do believe in Aliens and UFO's... I just tend to take a skeptics approach and look for logical explanations first, rather than just assuming it is one thing or another.

You know?

And thanks again. I am looking forward to your PM. If I see anything worth mentioning after having a look at google earth/maps I will say so,and at the same time, if I don't, I will say so. though I wont mention where you live or say anything that could give that away, out of respect for you.
edit on 13-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yes, exactly. I didn't know that was the direction of the airport, so I am saying I think it's possible it might be a fleet of Fed Ex planes (or some similar cargo plane) because those planes don't appear to blink (judging from the video the guy above provided) like I assumed most planes do.

To see an example of how they move, go to 58 seconds in the video and note the position of the two lights at the top. Then go to 1:18 and you'll see how it's different.

It still doesn't make sense to me how they're visible for so long, either, but who knows. Give me a minute cause I'm getting the coordinates for you.
edit on 13-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yes, exactly. I didn't know that was the direction of the airport, so I am saying I think it's possible it might be a fleet of Fed Ex planes (or some similar cargo plane) because those planes don't appear to blink (judging from the video the guy above provided) like I assumed most planes do.

Ah, OK. Yeah, I have seen that myself when a plane is heading directly toward me at night. It does not appear to blink or anything until it gets very close. It also does not appear to move all that much until it gets much closer....

But the thing with that is, it only takes just a few minutes for said plane to go by, so I am not sure why in your case it would be visible for hours on end. That makes me question the possibility of it being an airplane.

You have peaked my interest for what it is worth. I really want to figure out what it is... I honestly do not think it is anything like a flying saucer and believe there to be a "logical" explanation, though.

Give me a minute cause I'm getting the coordinates for you.

Of course. And thank you.

edit on 13-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You know what, that is pretty much exactly what I see. That might be the answer. Thank you for that very much.

If it has not already been asked, can you take a photo of the same area during daylight? Zoomed in as much as possible to catch anything in that area, just for reference.

From the video, I doubt it is anything tethered securely to the ground, as there was movement, but there could be a myriad of other things we could rule out with a daytime shot/video.

Cheers!!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Yeah sure no problem. I'll take one after class tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
OK, apodictic did send me the exact coordinates of his ( I assume you are a he... If not I apologize) location at the time of filming... Out of respect, I wont say where exactly the OP lives.

I looked around on Google maps and I admit I did not find a single radio tower in the area... No tower at all really... So I admit I am stumped.

Now, the OP did say indicate that O'Hare Airport is in the direction of these lights, and assuming that I have been given the correct coordinates and that it was accurately explained to me the direction in which they were filming, I will agree that O'hare is in the EXACT line of sight, though it is a decent drive away...

This does lend credence to the Airplane theory... But I must admit I am stumped as to why they would be visible for so long...

Well, I tried folks. Looked for a logical explanation and I admit... I can't really come up with one that does not have at least one major hole in it...

I hope that some other UFO enthusiasts come in and have a go at it... Maybe some one else will have better luck.

That said, thanks apodictic, for letting me explore some possibilities.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I am a he indeed

Thanks for the help man. I might make an attempt to call up the airport the next time I see them out there. That would probably be the next logical step. If that doesn't work, then...I guess they are unidentified

Thanks again dude.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I am a he indeed

Thanks for the help man. I might make an attempt to call up the airport the next time I see them out there. That would probably be the next logical step. If that doesn't work, then...I guess they are unidentified

Thanks again dude.

Of course. Thanks for posting it. Yeah, that would be a good idea actually. Calling the airport. See what they have to say. You might also try calling the FAA and see if they know of any aircraft in that area at the times you have seen these things... It can't hurt anyway.

You might also want to report it to MUFON ( The link to report a sighting is in the top right of the page) and attach your picture and video along with a link to this thread.

I admit, I tried my best to find a logical explanation and could not find one... Though I am know "expert" or detective by any means. I still hope that some one who knows far more than I do, will come in and have some answers.
edit on 13-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: Fixing the link

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Dude, I submitted to mufon like you suggested, and I checked the last 20 reports. Here's one from today too...

My son and I were out snowmobiling and noticed a strange pattern of orange lights in a giant V shape off in the distance thinking they were just 12 aircraft in a hold pattern for Ohare Intl Airport we drove up to a large hill and turned off the snowmobile to watch the lights. After sitting there for over 30 minutes the lights never moved from their location only their pattern changed. From a single row of lights in a V shape to a double row of lights that would split off from the original V. This is hard to explain but then the highest light/object in the V shape pattern would start to rotate in a spiral clockwise pattern about 30 RPM then stop and become a single light in the sky.They are still visable in the sky and have been now for almost an hour. I am going to feel realy stupid if this turns out to be a hot air ballon event but I'm pretty sure they don't keep their burners on for an hour straight! Gonna head out now with the old sony video cam with super night shot and see if that will pick up the lights. The flip video cam and my G1 cell can't even see the stars out tonight. Wish me luck, If I can get them on Video I'll follow up.

Wish me luck!

I think this might be starting to give credibility to what I've been seeing, and now I don't feel as crazy knowing that someone else has seen this too

edit on 14-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I would also just like to post a negative embossed version of the picture in my OP, for what it's worth. Still looks pretty interesting

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Your negative image is in the shape of a V like the fellow that posted on MUFON was talking about. Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Tyrannus

Yeah man I'm pretty sure we were both seeing the same thing. And he's saying it wasn't moving too, so maybe I'm not totally crazy

I mean both of us were looking in the direction of O'hare airport so it has to be the same sighting.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
lights that are stationary and dont move? and are always there? Probably a series of antenna, or lights on a building or something. Definitely not aliens

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Do yourself a favor and read the thread before risking sounding dumb.

Or you can even watch the video I provided and see they do move..lol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Did you get a daytime shot yet of the same view?

second line

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'd be getting in my car and going for a drive as soon as they showed up... to try and get a closer look. Get a friend to help you by driving while you are preparing to capture them on film at a closer range.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Thanks for reminding me I'll do it right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Edit: Oops looks like I was pointed over the wrong house for most of the video

It was over the one that is more to the right, but you can still see that there's nothing over that way too.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
reply to post by apodictic

Did you get a daytime shot yet of the same view?

second line

For the record, the second line rule, really needs to be renamed. It does not mean that you literally need a second line. It means that generally speaking, they like you to post on topic and more than just one word or something...

As long as you post on topic ( Which you did) that one sentence is MORE than ok.... So no need to put " Second line".

Just for what that is worth.

Anyway, to the OP, that is really cool. Some one else in your area has seen it to. I don't think it gives names or anything. Too bad though. Would be cool to talk to them.

This thread just keeps getting more and more interesting to me.
edit on 14-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Anyway, to the OP, that is really cool. Some one else in your area has seen it to. I don't think it gives names or anything. Too bad though. Would be cool to talk to them.

I know right! I was trying to look for some way to contact him but no dice

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join