It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Okay, I'll take your Definition of Racism, and I'll raise you one....

Racism is an ideology which claims the human species can be divided into a number of discrete biological groupings that determine the behaviour and success of individuals within that group.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

By your definition, Claiming that Race actually Exists, is Racist... so, Explain to me how Calling for the Extermination of the "White Race" is not Racism by your definition.

Please, I'm breathless with anticipation.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Look, I didn't research it deeply. I was looking for quick evidence that just because their skin is black that it doesn't mean they can't accomplish anything. YOU are the one being heavily racist here. PEOPLE invent things, not skin colors.

So why is there a BLACK history month that celebrated invention by a certain skin color?

You can literally look up EVERY SINGLE "Invention" from black history month and find that it was developed before and after the black person that "created" it.

Black history month is a sham that is embarassing to the world and embarrasing more to the black community because it is an obvious attempt to put their interaction with history on a pedestal.

That is all I am saying.

edit on 13-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

I have to agree, it is a shame ,and I have talked about this on other sites, I always wanted to no why whites aren’t mentioned in black history month, because if it wasn’t for there heart and gods divine light that he shined in some whites faces ,then black history month to me would be none existence.

So I think ,if we can make this happen, we can start with the many untold incredible stories of whites, and how they risked there lives to save the black people.
If it wasn’t for the good of just a handful of whites being BLESSED with such a good heart, then where would we really be, as a race.

So to all you white people on here, I would like to think your ancestor for the contributions to the future of man, and the divine message that you set upon your generation of 4 life times of good gene and pure blood that you have established upon our earth. thank you.

that was cool immortal,but why,you have nothing to do with this.
yea,your not black or white.
because he is the immortal one.
becuase this thread is funny

Because i am color blind,and i shall not let these humans go to bed with stoned heart tonight.
This is the ats family ,and it shall stay that way,i woudnt dare let a mortal thread direct my thinking in a time some 70 years plus ago.
i hate you immortal,but the hate will continue,lol,we always win.
continue on my children,continue on,hahahahahahahhahahahhahahah

edit on 13-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I was about to say the same thing, though in fewer words, that were it not for white people that believe in the equality of all people, black people wouldn't have their month... and yet those white people, nor those who've followed, are mentioned.

And I am going to re-iterate what you wrote:

If it wasn’t for the good of just a handful of whites being BLESSED with such a good heart, then where would we really be, as a race.

And where in black history month are those mentioned?

edit on 2/13/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

I grew up in a town in Virginia that was close enough to the capital, Richmond, to let us enjoy the city but not have to endure its problems. My city was about 15K in population, and was bordered by a military base and a county devoted mainly to farming. Nearby was Petersburg. We had all the amenities you might want, a small town atmosphere, rural and urban locations nearby. There were lots of blacks and whites (I'm using "black" in place of the more politically correct African American just for speed's sake). We also had a healthy number of Asians, and a tiny number of Latinos.

From elementary to high school, there was hardly any problems associated with race. We had no riots, no noticeable racial conflicts. Sure, any place is bound to have a few bad apples, but there was no problem large enough to garner any extra attention, let alone become memorable. People on football teams became a TEAM, and the best football players cooperated on the field, black, white, what-have-you. That cooperation on the field bonded and united them, and they partied together off the field, black, white, what-have-you. It was the first example I encountered where an external program (sports team) brought people together and showed them that they/we weren't that different when it came down to the basics. You either won or lost as a team. Fast forward to joining the Air Force.

In the military, one is forced to work with others no matter what the race is. In fact, being a racist is not tolerated. The military has an office called SOCIAL ACTIONS. Complaints are sent to that office and investigations are performed. You see, just like for a football team, being a racist (or acting in a discriminatory manner) is counter-productive to the game, to the military mission. How can we expect to win wars when we're fighting amongst ourselves? The military knows this. They promote teamwork and unity and esprit de corps, not hatred, bigotry and racism.

While in the military, you encounter people from all walks of life, not just different races, but different ages, different religions. Blacks from the south might be a lot different from blacks from New York or Washington state. Whites from Alabama are different than those from the midwest or North Dakota or California. Asians are pretty much the same no matter where they're from (just kidding, that was a joke). My point is that there are not only differences between different races, but from different regions where people from those races are...

A white person and a black person and a Latino all from NYC are more likely, in a military unit, to have more in common (references, experiences, etc.) than people of the same race --who are from the midwest or California. Further, class differences stand out as well. "Class" meaning whether a person was raised by a wealthy upper crust family or a poverty-level one. A black person and white person who were raised by rich parents might have more in common (country club, polo, etc.) than people of the same race raised by povery-level parents (welfare, hunger, problems associated with lower income situations).

In the military, you wear your rank on your sleeve or collar. You've earned it and proudly display it. It's also your paygrade. The longer you're in, the more you realize that race is really a backseat issue, because you are either a leader or a follower. You work with your fellow soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines to get the mission accomplished. More than anywhere else you are a team, just like on the football, or soccer or lacross field. And, in the end, after you have enjoyed victory or defeat, the important thing is that you did it TOGETHER.

America is like that. We are strong BECAUSE of our differences, like nowhere else in the world.

Think of a buffet. Who goes to a buffet that offers only one choice? You want a WELL-STOCKED BUFFET. America is the best-stocked buffet in the world, and I imagine that many of us are damned proud of that. Sure, there are racial purists. But, as with dogs, the strongest, healthiest of the canines are the MUTTS. Pure-breeds might look nice, but they have the most health problems and personality quirks, like medieval royalty in-breeding. It usually leads to insanity and malaise.

The America I believe in is like the people on the same NFL or high school football team. ---Is like the military, where meeting people of different races expands one's appreciation not only for personal traditions, but for the enjoyment of new traditions from different cultures.

We all bleed red. Well, except for, perhaps, the reptoids among us [insert evil laughter here]...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I agree, there should be no parades, no networks, no months, for anyone.

It is decisive and I am tired of people trying to make me ashamed for things that happened in the past that I had nothing to do with.

I am not ashamed, you know why, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING to be ashamed about.

My ancestors owned plantations in the South, had slaves, the whole nine yards. In fact I am looking at an antique photograph of them right now. (the slaves all have new clothes, shoes and big smiles on their faces)

It's the past, it's over. Get over it, times have changed.

Quit adding salt to the wounds.

If we are ever to truly get past the bigotry, it has to stop from both sides.

Another thing that no one ever seems to discuss is African Kings sold their people out.

It takes two to tango.

This is why I am hard pressed to consider myself "white". White is nothing but a social construct created by those of Anglo(English)/Scott/Irish heritage to whitewash and share the burden of their historical sins with people of a similar racial grouping that where super-opposed to what they are doing(cross burnings are still common in some Anglo/Scott/Irish communities).

That way they can say "some" white people where for and against slavery/ segregation. When in reality it was English/Scottish(Irish to a small extent) that where behind slavery/segregation and it was predominantly the German American community that crushed slavery in this country(most of the first Republicans and Union Army volunteers where German-American).

I am all for a German American History week, but I find it a loathsome thing to be bunched with the descendants of people who my ancestors helped burn their plantations to the ground and free those wrongfully enslaved.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I was about to say the same thing, though in fewer words, that were it not for white people that believe in the equality of all people, black people wouldn't have their month... and yet those white people, nor those who've followed, are mentioned.

And I am going to re-iterate what you wrote:

And where in black history month are those mentioned?

edit on 2/13/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Its not mentioned any where,and it disturbs the balance of the force.
Immortalundercover527 White history, are there famous stories in ? Lead [-]

02/27/10 01:04:21

This was a thread i did a while back.
White history, Are there famous stories in ?
and somebody gave me this to look at
www.miltonhouse.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

i find your thread very true, ive asked this ? to myself alot an ive pretty much came to the same conclusion, americans have gotten so scared to offend someone that we dont stick up for ourselves anymore, while if a white guy made a movie called, black guys can't wrestle alligators that would most likly be considered rasict but yet there are movies such as white man cant jump, four colored girls just to name a few, grow some balls america honestly an the white history mnth willl never happen sorry to say but they figure we already have he other 11 months outta the year

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
lol that reporter is an idiot. "I'm jewish"
who said anything about religion?

The reporter was trying to dodge the 'white' question by anwering that he's Jewish. BTW, Morgan Freeman is right. The reason racism exists is because it's continously being brought up causing rifts. Racism would disappear if each race looked at other races as being 'hu'man instead of 'black'man, 'white'man or 'China'man.

I almost forgot. Since when did 'Jewish' become a religion? This is about like saying 'African' is a race.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh, and about why there is no "white history month..." Well, try looking at it from the viewpoint of, say, an African American. From their point of view, the ENTIRE YEAR is a celebration of white history. In schools, for the longest time, the majority of history and scientific advancement taught was that of caucasians. They had to fight to get people like George Washington Carver into the textbooks. There are other examples, too, and the Tuskegee Airmen come to mind. For years no one knew about them. Bascially, people of "color" had to struggle to have accomplishments and achievements by people of non-caucasian races entered into the textbooks.

The average "white" person might not have realized this. From the perspective of African Americans, the majority of the year was already a celebration of all things white. To them, even having February as Black History Month might have been viewed by some as, "Here you go, here's your month." I'm not advocating that as a good outlook, but I've heard it portrayed that way. The folks I heard speaking about this felt that the remaining 11 months of the year were still devoted mainly to caucasian traditions and trappings.

In the end, like I said in my previous post above, we're all AMERICANS first. Let's just embrace our differences and use them as signals to celebrate and party together. Who cares if you are celebrating Kwanza, Hannuka (sp) or Christmas together? As long as you are with friends and having a good time, what does it matter if it's Cinco de Mayo or July 4th or Thanksgiving or Festivus? Have fun, embrace the SPIRIT before you and send out good karma.

A quote says a lot: "We are not humans having a spiritual experience. We are spirits having a human experience."

What color is a SOUL?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am going to start lobbying for the United Caucasian College Fund. I know there are plenty of under privileged white kids who need some tuition assistance.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

To be honest, I take this thread very jokingly, being though I haven’t heard a Indian complaining of a month, while the occupiers occupy there land, so until one of them comes on here ,creating a thread ..lmaf
‘When is Indian history month‘. Then any other thread or conversation, is really mortal to me, loll

‘When one uses the race card as a last result to boost star production,’
its laughable beyond the heavens and hell of what being mortal stands for.
In the world of the immortal one to even contibute to such masking of thought is irrelevant to the cause.
Last post.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Black pride Is "Cultural", Asian pride is "Cultural", White pride is "Racist"?
Tell me how that works out and is fair? Political Correct America and Europe seriously have to wake up and relise they are opessing the native whites and putting immigrants first. I dont care if some people on here are going to say "racist" or "bigot" because there just words, silly little liberal words

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Black history month is actually a rememberance of the struggles they went thru, seriously 3/5th of a person, they were slaves, beaten and tortured and made to feel less the human, I think they derserve more then a month.
remember 50 years ago there were signs telling them what bathrooms to use and what water fountains to drink from.

I disagree with affirmitive action though, I don't think its fair when someone scores a 90 percent on the Chicago fire fighter test to be pushed aside for a hispanic or african american who scored 60 percent.

Im a white person AND SCOTTISH incase your curious, and I grew up on the south side of Chicago, I learned everything about every race there is because I grew up in a melting pot of it.

edit on 13-2-2011 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
By your definition, Claiming that Race actually Exists, is Racist... so, Explain to me how Calling for the Extermination of the "White Race" is not Racism by your definition.

Please, I'm breathless with anticipation.

Simple.

1) The White 'race' does not exist. It is my opinion and no cherry picking will change that.

2) An undisclosed non-member (call him the cwazy wabbit) who calls for extermination of the 'White Race' is not only a racist, but also a genocidal maniac.

Oh... and about your anticipation. There's a cure for that. Try deep breaths.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Is Judaism not a religion?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Scrolling down the list of headliners, I come across yours and just started bust'in up. After feel'in so stupid for never even realiseing. How messed up that is? Total reverse discrimination really. Don't get me wrong now my
black brothers. I'm all about humanity, those who know of me I think know that. It just strikes me funny, that I never even thought of that. We need a white history month. HuH!

On second thought, that may not be such a, good idea after all. Arn't we hop'in everybody just kinda forgets our history. a bit blemished when you look at it, isn't it?

SnF
edit on 13-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Good thread Tom.

edit on 13-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
To the OP, your post and point of view is higly unimaginative and proves you to be of an extremely sinister spiritual character or willfully ignorant of American history. I think everyone who presented an alternate point of view was too generous because your true intentions of being divisive was quite transparent.

Out of the all the problems that America and the world is facing, this is all you could think of ? A mind truly is a terrible thing to waste, maybe I didn't realize how badly poor white Americans really do need a college fund. Pathetic.

edit on 14-2-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I hate currie, but i will still suffer a plate of butter chicken cause that *SNIP* is good.

Actually, butter chicken isn't a curry, nor was it created by Indians. In fact it is a western dish.

Though, with all due respect, where is the respect for the Native Americans? The white people did pillage their communities and commit genocide, i.e The Trail of Tears!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
reply to post by abecedarian

To be honest, I take this thread very jokingly, being though I haven’t heard a Indian complaining of a month, while the occupiers occupy there land, so until one of them comes on here ,creating a thread ..lmaf
‘When is Indian history month‘. Then any other thread or conversation, is really mortal to me, loll

‘When one uses the race card as a last result to boost star production,’
its laughable beyond the heavens and hell of what being mortal stands for.
In the world of the immortal one to even contibute to such masking of thought is irrelevant to the cause.
Last post.

I'm not sure how to respond to this.
My great-grandfather was 100% Cherokee, and my bloodline has been diluted since then. I suppose I would qualify for "native" American status but that's not as important to me as making sure those here recognize and treat us as equals. I realize there is little if any chance of resurrecting things long gone by so I choose to move forward, much to the chagrin of those around me. I hate to say "assimilate or risk ellimination" but it's inevitible.
Yes, I've thought about it. I've hoped for years that people would work with us. They don't, so now what? Indian nations are recognized as sovereign nations yet States regulate what Natives can do, in spite of things. So... whatever.

It's time to move forward, disregard racial intonations. Moving forward doesn't necessarily mean giving up one's rights and heritage, just adapting a new way of living. And trust you/me.... people... ALL PEOPLE, can adapt. We've been proving it for 1000's of years.

Count me out of the thread. I'll not reply again.
edit on 2/14/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We need to form one big, naked, global semen repository (consisting of one HUUUGE (I'll be there) tank), once full, women everywhere can rock up for a free jab, rinse (thoroughly) and repeat with future generations until we're just one, big cultural soup.

Sure we might lose a lot of food, music, clothing, art and language but hey, at least we'd all be the same right?

We don't need a day/month/excuse to celebrate being white, there is no reason TO celebrate the fact that we're white (or any other colour for that matter); we should all celebrate the fact that WE'RE HUMAN, WE'RE ALIVE AND WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT - ISN'T IT WONDERFUL??????????/
edit on 14-2-2011 by ballsdeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join