It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

I think the idea is that since it's the 'whiteman's' culture, or at least since the white man rules current culture, that every month is 'whiteman's' month, and we need a special month to balance out the constant bias. not that i agree or anything, llolol

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
White history month will never happen.

It was the white man who made the black man his slave
It was the white man who kicked the Indian (native American) out of his home.
It was the white man who took over India and the rest of the world.

It is the white man who has to answer for the crimes of his ancestors.

What we once used to be (the white man), we should be ashamed of, there is no room for pride.

That is my opinion.
edit on 13/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

You are right that "White History" isn't exactly innocent. But I don't get this "White people should feel ashamed" thing. White people have nothing to be ashamed of. Noone does.

Fledgling America was a brutal and inhumane time in history but that doesn't mean we should be ashamed of actions we had nothing to do with that took place before we were even born.

The only way to prevent ourselves, humankind, from repeating past mistakes is to acknowledge the mistakes of the past and do our best to live our own lives and raise our own families without worrying about our physical or cultural differences.

I am, technically, a white man though I, like many other Americans, am a combinaton of different creeds and cultural backgrounds. I am part Native (Cherokee & Choctaw), part English and part Irish. IMO, we've made great strides as a nation when it comes to alleviating racism but we also have to remember that key black figures were responsible for the successes of the Civil Rights Movement.

Black History Month is an effort to remember those key black figures and their actions. IMO, "White History" includes "Black History" and what lessons were learned from the Civil Rights Movement. History is, quite simply, history. Separating "White History" from "Black History" would serve no valid purpose.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by woogleuk

Caucasian, as a general term, refers to a large section of people from Portugal to India, from North Africa to Russia. The reason some groups have different features is that there has been mixing. In North Africa, Romans, Greeks, Goths (Germanic) and Arabs all mixed with peoples who have Sub-Saharan backgrounds. The Russians, Poles and Finns have some "Asian" background. Indians have pre-Caucasian mixes in their various ethnic groups, probably the people from which the Negritos of Southeast Asia, the Papuans and the Australian Aborigines descended from.

It's all a big mix, evolution doesn't allow for "pure". (Meaning: you are as much your mother's child as you are your father's and ideally they would not be too similar.)
edit on 13-2-2011 by Sphota because: clarity

Unless you practiced inbreeding like all the Royal families, and most of the "Elites" do today.LOL!!!
But as far as this thread goes, well I don't know I do think having any "History" month is divisive. It serves no purpose, but to drive a further wedge within a nation, do you ever wonder why all these things are happening now? They want use to be divided so they can kill us off, or rather, when TSHTF we will kill each other off from our misplaced fears/distrust....hello, then the inbreds will have their world to themselves,

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

During black history month we remember the guys who developed the oil drip cup, peanut butter and lil John...
YHHHHEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

And that is how I feel, but we should not forget what we did to other men, just because of the colour of their skin. That we we will never do again what our ancestors did.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I thought that was Columbus day? You know the day Columbus stole America from the Indians.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Isn't white history month every month except black history month? In high school we mainly learned the history of Europe and America and African slaves. I never did learn anything about China or Japan, for example.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballsdeep
We need to form one big, naked, global semen repository (consisting of one HUUUGE (I'll be there)
In spirit, right?

tank),

Sorry, I know I said I'm out of the thread but that was not worth missing.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The company I work for has a CDO...Chief Diversity Officer, and every month there is a new diversity poster in the breakroom...native american, latin american, asian, gay pride, martin luther king month AND black history month...I haven't quite worked there a year but I highly doubt there is any Caucasian or even European month.
The funny thing is, these posters are often in themselves racist...native american month shows native americans in headdresses dancing, not all native americans look like that, Asian month shows cherry blossoms, pagoda style buildings, and a dragon...not all asian cultures look like that...the latin american poster looked much like the native american, isn't it racism or discriminatory to use these culture stereotypes?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You don't need a CDO... just a CDDAAOO - Chief Don't Discriminate Against Any One Officer.

And just wait... you won't be able to discriminate against the unemployed either....
Democratic politicians will make that a fact.
edit on 2/14/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by durrrr

I hate currie, but i will still suffer a plate of butter chicken cause that *SNIP* is good.

Actually, butter chicken isn't a curry, nor was it created by Indians. In fact it is a western dish.

Though, with all due respect, where is the respect for the Native Americans? The white people did pillage their communities and commit genocide, i.e The Trail of Tears!

Right and wrong matey,there is no curry in Butter chicken but it is an Indian dish

Butter chicken (or murgh makhani) is part of the Mughlai Cuisine, popular in countries all over the world. The cuisine is strongly influenced by Persian, and Turkic cuisines of Central Asia. The dish became a common name across the world by the Sikh diaspora from Punjab. [1][2]The origins of butter chicken can be traced back to a man named Kundan Lal Gujral, who ran a restaurant called Moti Mahal Delux in Peshawar before the partition of British India. With the partition of British India, Moti Mahal moved to New Delhi. Butter Chicken is regarded to have been first introduced by Moti Mahal in New Delhi. Butter chicken is usually served with naan, roti, parathas or steamed rice. It should not be confused with Chicken tikka masala, a similarly coloured Indian chicken dish that originated among the South Asian diaspora in the U.K

en.wikipedia.org...
I vote for Butter chicken month

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla
>snip<

I think, at least out of respect, there should be a Native American month declared before the Persians are allowed a month... Hecksnapfoo... Native Americans should've had our month before there was a Black history month. Yuck Foo if you think you're more entitled to something the natives don't get.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

1) The White 'race' does not exist. It is my opinion and no cherry picking will change that.

Your opinion is WRONG.... Just speaking Scientifically of course, this is not opinion, you are *WRONG*

Race refers to classifications of humans into relatively large and distinct populations or groups often based on factors such as appearance based on heritable phenotypical characteristics or geographic ancestry, but also often influenced by and correlated with traits such as culture, ethnicity and socio-economic status. As a biological term, race denotes genetically divergent human populations that can be marked by common phenotypic traits. This sense of race is often used by forensic anthropologists when analyzing skeletal remains, in biomedical research, and in race-based medicine. The study of shared traits among peoples is also conducted along ethnic lines, involving the endogamic history of groups. Racial groupings may correspond with patterns of social stratification, helping social scientists to understand the underlying disparities among racially defined groups of people. Additionally, law enforcement utilizes race to create profiles of wanted suspects in an expeditious manner.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and if *RACE*, as you "Claim" is not real.... then why bother having Black History month in the first place?

Since Black is not a real thing to describe humans.

This can be taken to it's logical conclusion so far as the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is needlessly advancing the cause of people who are no different than the rest of us.

Hiring quotas for "Minorities" of course should be the next thing to go, since Race is not a real thing...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by Travlla
>snip<

I think, at least out of respect, there should be a Native American month declared before the Persians are allowed a month... Hecksnapfoo... Native Americans should've had our month before there was a Black history month. Yuck Foo if you think you're more entitled to something the natives don't get.

If the yuck foo is directed at me mate,it's prolly misplaced because i live in Australia,and we have our natives and they are certainly not native American Indians,
If it wasn't directed at me don't stress cause i'm not

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I'm irish and irish people were slaves right alongside the rest but if you even mention that to some people they'll fly into a rage about how the slavery and oppressiojn of the irish people doesnt count and wasnt that bad because they're white!

it's pretty annoying

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
looking for an exception to the rule, but it seems that everywhere there is a large bl ack population, that place is a crap hole. ignoring the u.s., which could have many external factors like education and opportunity issues, im talking about countries. all of africa is a crap hole, and they have tons of natural resources that they could exploit. the island nations are crap holes, think haiti and the dominican republic. just making an observation, but does anybody know of a successful bl ack nation that could be an equal to a european nation?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye
Dudes come on chill out, we have the entire year, we're the top dogs world wide, we're under no threat, there's over a billion of us and our history proves us to be the meanest most warlike bunch of rich folks ever so we're not gona lose Top Dawg status any time soon, so again *SNIP*.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by Thepreye because: (no reason given)

Points can be made without the use of profanity. Thesausrus.com
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on February 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

This isn't 1913 and the white population of the world is currently only 650 million. Far short of a billion you just breezed.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The fact that one wants sepereate holidays to celebrate ones culture or race so openly just doens't sit well with me. If it be white, black, hisp[anic of asian.
Those boxes we keep maken for ouselfs just keep us apart.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Why do we even need a white history month?

White people control the world. White people have an edge over minorities (don't lie and say otherwise).

This topic comes up all the time on ATS. Is it just a way of pacifying the lunatic racist fringe here at ATS?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Why do we even need a white history month?

White people control the world. White people have an edge over minorities (don't lie and say otherwise).

This topic comes up all the time on ATS. Is it just a way of pacifying the lunatic racist fringe here at ATS?

Great way to tar ever white person with the same "your white so you must be a racist" brush.

Black history might have some good points like anyones history but look at it properly and like any culture on earth they kill, steal, rob, cheat, lie just as bad as anyone else.

Black, Hispanic, Spanish, Irish, Scotish, American on and on are all people and each and every one is capable of the most repugnat acts of violence and depravity.

All are equally bad racists "ever mistake an Indian man for Pakistani" you'll know what I am talking about.

It seems though that in this polictally correct world the only people that can be racist is white people.

edit on 14-2-2011 by jpmail because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join