It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
White history month started after this continent was invaded and millions of Indians were murdered. According to the North American indians, it was the first world war. The sad part is You Just Don't Get It! The same evil that murdered all of those innocent Indians is the same evil that's trying to police the world. Mind your own Damn business and the world might just become a better place. That's some history for your a$$!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by et7er7ni7ty

yes, what happened to the indians was bad, but, that has happened all over the world by (Oh My God??) people weren't white! Look up The Rape Of Nanking, if you don't believe me, That took place in the 20th cetury, so sorry to bust your bubble pal, but all the worlds evil, can't all be blamed on caucasians.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

You really can't be serious?
OK, every month is White history month.
So now you got to have them all?

The only reason BHM exists is because MSM and Majority America wanted so bad to portray Black Americans as having no cultural value in the first place. Before BHM, not one of you had a clue that any other black person existed except Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King.
So, as usual, you complain because you had to learn something.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Look, I didn't research it deeply. I was looking for quick evidence that just because their skin is black that it doesn't mean they can't accomplish anything. YOU are the one being heavily racist here. PEOPLE invent things, not skin colors.

So why is there a BLACK history month that celebrated invention by a certain skin color?

You can literally look up EVERY SINGLE "Invention" from black history month and find that it was developed before and after the black person that "created" it.

Black history month is a sham that is embarassing to the world and embarrasing more to the black community because it is an obvious attempt to put their interaction with history on a pedestal.

That is all I am saying.

edit on 13-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

I have to agree, it is a shame ,and I have talked about this on other sites, I always wanted to no why whites aren’t mentioned in black history month, because if it wasn’t for there heart and gods divine light that he shined in some whites faces ,then black history month to me would be none existence.

So I think ,if we can make this happen, we can start with the many untold incredible stories of whites, and how they risked there lives to save the black people.
If it wasn’t for the good of just a handful of whites being BLESSED with such a good heart, then where would we really be, as a race.

So to all you white people on here, I would like to think your ancestor for the contributions to the future of man, and the divine message that you set upon your generation of 4 life times of good gene and pure blood that you have established upon our earth. thank you.

that was cool immortal,but why,you have nothing to do with this.
yea,your not black or white.
because he is the immortal one.
becuase this thread is funny

Because i am color blind,and i shall not let these humans go to bed with stoned heart tonight.
This is the ats family ,and it shall stay that way,i woudnt dare let a mortal thread direct my thinking in a time some 70 years plus ago.
i hate you immortal,but the hate will continue,lol,we always win.
continue on my children,continue on,hahahahahahahhahahahhahahah

edit on 13-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

The reason why whites are not mentioned is because whites won't step up to the plate and mention it. Years back, a freind of mine asked me for a good, unknown civil rights character for her daughter because she was tired of them just writing about Dr. King and Malcolm X. I recommended Andrew Goodman, a 20-year-old white Jewish anthropology student from New York; and Michael Schwerner a 24-year-old white Jewish CORE organizer and former social worker also from New York. Now why are they important people? Do you know? Or did you really care in the first place?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
He yeall,its al sharpton here.Black history is just a time we get to lern how to make fried chicken and collard greens,dont get all mad yeall,il love yeall bye now

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There is no White History Month because in the USA, honky don't have no place.
I think the reason European Americans(whites in the US) don't like Black History Month, is most whites want a national unity, and this special month seprates a group of people by skin color, and gives them special status, something that is very unAmerican.

I think we wonder what the intention is too, the REAL intention. I am also saddened that so many people, whites, have allowed themselves to become brainwashed to accept the anti-white PC propaganda that leads them to hate their own race.

But back to intention, maybe someone can tell us, just how did, and when, did Black History Month officially start, and who was it's proponents? Same with the term African American? Who started this?

It seems to me, intelligent blacks, and most whites, want to rise above race classification, and oppose intentions to keep the people designated and classified.

So, WHO started this stuff? I want names and organizations?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I think black history month is good to learn about black history and what they have accomplished as a people. I don't think it sparks racism though. I am Native American and hearing how my parents and grand parents grew up they were taught to feel bad for been Native American in boarding schools and just in everyday life. Black history month is just a way to feel proud of who you are and to know where you come from and what your people had to go through. Now I think its been long overdue for all people to stop living in the past and move on.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Dude mostly every holiday ever celebrated in America was created by white people. In fact every day and month is a white history month. Whenever we go to school we learn stuff a white man has did throughout history. We are seeing white people everywhere you go. On tv, ads, books, everything is a white history dude.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I agree with the concept of this thread. As a country, we fought segregation and won. Or did we? Apparently not as segregation is still around. Sure, the condition of the issue is in a much better state than it was in the 50's and 60's. This does not negate my opinion that if we are to talk about racism at all, we should talk about how it is a thing of the past or how it should be. If we truly won the battle against segregation, why then is there a specific college for african americans? Why then is there scholarships for specific ethnicities? Notice that word ethnicity. For we are all the same race but with very minor differences in genetic code. The answer for the aforementioned questions is simple enough.

Question 1: why then is there a specific college for african americans?
Because segregation is still around.

Question 2: Why then is there scholarships for specific ethnicities?
Because we as a society acknowledge the difference.

Now it is worth mentioning that these organizations exist in part to Culture and the sense to help those that that share your culture so it is not of malevolent intentions. The only issue with this though is that Culture should be, IMO, celebrated privately with your traditional dance, garb, lingo, ect. but when it comes to a society we need to completely abolish the entire idea that some of us are different than others and that some of us are eligible to receive things that others cant because they are not Black, or White, or green.
Summary: Get rid of the idea that we are different from each other at all. The fact that we notice color to begin with is still a reason we have racism and reverse racism at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUnseenEye

Ding, Ding, Ding, you got it. Every day of the month is White History. Get over it and move on. The white man suppresses many races throughout history and even today. And you wanna complain because certain races have 1 lousy month of their own. Tsk tsk..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

What does *SNIP* mean?

And who gives a rat's ass what someone decides to celebrate? Celebrations are good and can be fun. We should celebrate more often. Celebrate black history? Sure. Why not? It's not hurting me and if it makes some little kid feel better about himself then I'm all for it.

No skin off my ass. I got plenty of pasty white, fat-*ss corporate jerks blasting my future to hell already. Some black history month TV programming on PBS isn't yanking anything out of my life. Not like CIGNA, Exxon, Bank of America, and all those jackboot bastards on Wall Street and their sneaky little ways of sucking money out of my bank account by tearing the value of my dollars to shreds in order to make money on currency trading.

God bless the folks that celebrate something positive. Screw the *ssholes that can't appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
There is no White History Month because in the USA, honky don't have no place.
I think the reason European Americans(whites in the US) don't like Black History Month, is most whites want a national unity, and this special month seprates a group of people by skin color, and gives them special status, something that is very unAmerican.

I think we wonder what the intention is too, the REAL intention. I am also saddened that so many people, whites, have allowed themselves to become brainwashed to accept the anti-white PC propaganda that leads them to hate their own race.

But back to intention, maybe someone can tell us, just how did, and when, did Black History Month officially start, and who was it's proponents? Same with the term African American? Who started this?

It seems to me, intelligent blacks, and most whites, want to rise above race classification, and oppose intentions to keep the people designated and classified.

So, WHO started this stuff? I want names and organizations?

Try Google, and learn how to feed yourself.

Y'know what's pathetic? Most white people in this country can't trace their American roots as far back as most black people in this nation can. My folks came over in the mid-1800s when the potato famine ran most of us out of Ireland. The Italians - most of them - have only been here 100 year. The Germans, most of them are early 1800s - so about 200 years. Most black families here can trace back to the 1700s and even the 1600s in some cases.

This is more their families' land than most white folks who think they won it in a war with England. The English were here with the French, who ended up being run off into Canada for the most part. After that, the big wave was African. The rest of you mutts need to get some respect for the folks who have seniority in this town.

Ingrates.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm sure it's been said somewhere between pages 1 and this, but I feel compelled to offer my two cents even if my two cents are themselves redundant cents:

Every month is white history month. We just include the black folk once a year each February.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

I am a woman and I agree! I'm 26 and have been saying all of this since I was 12! When mom and dad are at work for 8-12 hours + drive time....who is raising the kids? Not grandma....she has to work too! Men act like I have been told that women are scum and belong in the kitchen....NO I am the one who formed my view on this because my mom was ALWAYS at work when I was growing up! My sisters and I were free to do as we wished while mom was busy working 12 shifts as a nurse since Dad didn't make enough money because of the 3 women his company hired in place of ONE man!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

If seeing my government allowing phony "refugees" into the country, then giving them monthly cheques, free healthcare, education, first chance at government jobs as they become available, and anything else they want, gets me pissed off and someone says I am racist, that's too damn bad! When these "refugees" (nearly all Muslims) demand the right to build their temples in the middle of a quite neighbourhood with little traffic, then some folk call me "racist" because it pisses me off, that's too damn bad" Because I get pissed off when these "refugees" block traffic and cause busy roads to be shut down during rush hour, due to their protesting some political problems in their home countries, people call me "racist". Well that's also too damn bad! These people (sorry!...refugees) come into my country, get my religion banished in schools and in public, only to be given all the freedom they want to practice their own (even special rooms in school are set aside for their prayers). They claim to be escaping political persecution, yet they bring their political problems with them. They refuse to live as Canadians do, instead preferring to keep the filthy habits they lived by in their home countries. How many of you eat in Indian restaurants? I'm sure some of the "spiciness" of the food is caused by the fact they wipe their arses with a bare hand and don't bother to wash it afterward. Anyway, they have brought in diseases that for years were unheard of in Canada and the U.S.A.. sometime within the next few months I'll be having surgery to remove my right lower leg due to circulation problems, yet that doesn't bother me as much as the fact my wife and I are seniors who will soon be on the streets, as are many Canadian senior citizens whose pensions are less than half of the $2,400 a "refugee" receives per month from the government. I broke my back at work, and my inability to walk much or even exercise has a lot to do with my circulation. I think I have a right to complain!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
I'm sure it's been said somewhere between pages 1 and this, but I feel compelled to offer my two cents even if my two cents are themselves redundant cents:

Every month is white history month. We just include the black folk once a year each February.

You'll note that February is the shortest month, and is set in the worst corner of the winter. Damn. Just what you'd expect. No respect. No respect at all.

Then again, the most famous Irish American's date of assassination is "celebrated" as opposed to his date of birth. These English devils. They mock the entire human race with their crass genetic superiority.
edit on 2/14/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Personally, I could give a crap.
Want to know who I hate? Tall people; especially ones with black hair.

So can we please get a short people month. And a blonde people month.
And while were at it, since we already have a Dog Day, why don't we have a Cat Day. And Valentines day doesen't count.

Happy Valentines Day.
President.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by president
Personally, I could give a crap.
Want to know who I hate? Tall people; especially ones with black hair.

So can we please get a short people month. And a blonde people month.
And while were at it, since we already have a Dog Day, why don't we have a Cat Day. And Valentines day doesen't count.

Happy Valentines Day.
President.

Short? And blonde hair?

ick

um....I mean....that's nice. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
While I may be risking sounding like a bigot, I can't help but notice that events like this are what breed racism. to even acknowledge the separation seems to be racist.

Human history is human history. I don't seem to be alone on this. If you google white history month the question seems to get asked a lot. And I am surprised to hear so many views from that search that thinks that ALL white people have had a comfortable history surrounded by servants and silk. that is BS!!

My age group never did anything to offend other races, we embraced it as far as i can tell. *SNIP* Same goes with sushi, that stuff isn't even a proper meal from what i was taught about food groups, but i supported it. I hate currie, but i will still suffer a plate of butter chicken cause that *SNIP* is good.

Why do i see so many young people from other races act like they need to be different from white people? What do white people DO that is so white? Modernized? that is white? well there were times that wasn't so, so i would say we have just as much to celebrate but are too scared to because it might offend other races

Points can be made without the use of profanity. Thesausrus.com
Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on February 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: *snipped profanity*

What!? We can't celebrate the individuality of a single race! Thats racist!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
do you really want a white-skin tone day, celebrating your white skin. give me a break.

black history month is more about culture than anything else. and the fact that racism and segregation forced a whole race of people to band together to survive.

the kkk and white aryan nations hold white celebration day's every other week, if you don't mind wearing a hood, or shaving your head you can celebrate your white skin until you knock yourself head banging to rage rock.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join