It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by RestingInPieces

How about the gas mask and the traffic signal?

www.enchantedlearning.com...

The only reason white people seem to have greater achievements is because only they were allowed to have them for much of history. Now that the barrier is gone, everyone can shine.

See, these kind of claims are what I am talking about. You claim that a black guy invented THE gas mask. I'm not sure why you are even celebrating that it was a BLACK guy that did it in the first place, because that is RACIST beyond all recognition.

That's stupid also in and of itself because there is no THE gas mask. There are literally hundreds of different types of gas masks, each with a patent, and there were hundreds invented before the one he patented.

.. same thing with THE traffic signal. If you question yourself, are you seriously going to answer that a single man thought of the traffic signal?

It's like... there is no gas mask or traffic signal... and then... ALL OF THE SUDDEN.... HOLY CRAP A TRAFFIC SIGNAL AND GAS MASK INVENTED BY SOME BLACK PEOPLE.

It's insulting as hell to logic and the black race.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Again I am not upset that that this forum is anti-Caucasian .... I am upset that this is about a racial issue! Black red yellow, whit.... I don't care .... what right does this have on ATS? And a mod basically tells me to to go "shove it" (paraphrased)!

THIS WHOLE THREAD IS IGNORANCE!

ATS I don't want to tell you how to do your job ... but the MOD for this forum MUST BE scrutinized!
edit on 13-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: Added

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Look, I didn't research it deeply. I was looking for quick evidence that just because their skin is black that it doesn't mean they can't accomplish anything. YOU are the one being heavily racist here. PEOPLE invent things, not skin colors.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Was my previous MOD NOTE ignored? Say it isn't so!
Once again..............................

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
REMINDER (Everyone READ!)

*** We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

***Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

***ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Any posts violating ATS T&C will be removed/actioned. This is not new!

Should posting bans be issued if people cannot abide by the rules of this site?

edit on February 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

To grreneyedleo. This whole thread should be 404'd because it goes against "We expect civility and decorum within all topics". It is one thing to go against a religious sect (zionism) but it is something completely different to go against someone based on there COLOR! Expect me to file a report against this thread!

Hell No,no 404,
I want to make this happen. I want a white history month, I understand why its a black history month, look at all the positive creations and contributions they established for themselves, and for other races in the history of life, what positive things did white people do? ,so we can get on with this, I’m like , ‘Super Stoked’ to hear the results !
I wonder what day it will be on ?

edit on 13-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Masque:
Racists are funny. They're so 15th century... all Euro-centric and bible-thumping good little holier-than-thou types.

ErtaiNaGia:
Oh, Masqua, Masqua, Masqua.... I expected A LOT better from a MOD.

But you are right, of course....

ONLY WHITE PEOPLE CAN BE RACISTS!!!!!

Masque:
It's not me that's right, it's just history, a subject that is either studied or ignored depending on the politics of the country one finds oneself in.

Or it's taught and then ignored for personal bias.

So, you actually believe this then?

Wow... I am actually disappointed.

Allow me to enlighten you:

Racism:
#1 the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races
#2 discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race

Allow me, if you will, to further elucidate on the subject at hand, Moderator.

IS that discriminatory towards people with white skin?

Yes, it is.

Calling for genocide against a group of people BECAUSE of the color of their skin, is the definition of Racist.

Was he white?

No... looked like he was Black to me.... therefore, your claim that only white people can be racist is hereby proven WRONG.

I could bring up some other PROMINENT Black leaders calling for the extermination of the white race to prove my point that Non-White people are capable of racism also... but I don't really think I need to, honestly.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by 46ACE

I honestly can't tell what you're trying to say.

Please elucidate.

Thanks

Sorry in a reptillian thread ( my favorites1) earlierthis evening Some one posted he was told some (imho) crazy stuff re reptillians 's then unwittingly included their real name was "Ron" I replied: I was a a galactic dignitary( and just as valid a heresay source) and joked since since we were so familiar("on a first name basis") it'd be good for the species to intermingle. off course it seems to haven been taken seriously now I am an internet alien or "dis info agent".
I egocentrically I assumed your" alien eggs in the lungs " comment was a result of that insanity...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
didn't read the thread....just the title.

Answer: pope gregory (a white guy) created our present calendar, so every month is essentially white history month.

peace
edit on 13-2-2011 by vermonster because: speeellling

link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Look, I didn't research it deeply. I was looking for quick evidence that just because their skin is black that it doesn't mean they can't accomplish anything. YOU are the one being heavily racist here. PEOPLE invent things, not skin colors.

So why is there a BLACK history month that celebrated invention by a certain skin color?

You can literally look up EVERY SINGLE "Invention" from black history month and find that it was developed before and after the black person that "created" it.

Black history month is a sham that is embarassing to the world and embarrasing more to the black community because it is an obvious attempt to put their interaction with history on a pedestal.

That is all I am saying.

edit on 13-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

True enough....where is OUR recognition?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

OK... thanks. That explains it nicely,

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
To heck with white history month.
I'd like to know when American born of Cherokee, Irish, German descent month is.
edit on 2/13/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Hey ! ,lol,im German Irish Cherokee>>>> wth
yea ! When is it our holiday?
WoW,now theres 2 of us,lmaf
good to know.

link   
guess we forgot this one?

edit on 13-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

link   

Because only a half century ago, black people were considered separate but equal, something which is inherently unequal. In all seriousness, the month exists as a reminder of the past so as to never allow it to happen again. It's just a tradition that will alter over time like anything. As it is no longer needed, it may be dropped or replaced by a more pressing matter.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGiaSo, you actually believe this then?

Wow... I am actually disappointed.

Yes, I actually believe this

Allow me to enlighten you

What? With a Youtube vid?

No thanks, I'll trust actual history over that.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It cracks me up.

You want a 20 page 100 flag thread?

Talk about gender.

Talk about race.

Talk about orientation.

People get so spun.

This community is awesome for alerting people to information.

Why hit the snooze button?

Here is the reality.

White history is 1000 BD - 2010 AD. Now white is history.

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by Travlla

That person was commenting on their own personal business.

The person I was addressing was commenting on a whole different race of people.

Your example is not germaine.

You must have a steady hand and a good eye to split hairs like that

I'll try again,
You say,"I'm disgusted and appalled the way the native American Indians were treated by early American's"
I say," I agree it was crap " or i may say "yes the way they were treated was bull$#@t"

I'm am not in any way disagreeing with you or being disrespectful to the plight of Native Americans,I just choose to express myself in a different way than you,

Imagine if you came to Australia,after getting off your flight and heading to customs the customs officer ask you how your flight was.
You reply "it was really long and i have a sore fanny but i will be rooting for you in the cricket tonight",
the customs officer would wonder how a man had a sore vagina (fanny) after a long flight,he would also wonder what sexual intercourse(rooting) had to with cricket,
Should you be denied entry into Australia because you appear to be a weirdo?would you be upset because customs would not accept your excuse that you express your self differently to Aussie's? ,and that fanny=bum and rooting=supporting in your version of English,
edit on 13/2/2011 by Travlla because: cleaning up a naughty word

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by abecedarian
To heck with white history month.
I'd like to know when American born of Cherokee, Irish, German descent month is.

Hey ! ,lol,im German Irish Cherokee>>>> wth
yea ! When is it our holiday?
WoW,now theres 2 of us,lmaf
good to know.

I guess that makes us the real minority, right? So I want our month... now!!!!

In all seriousness, it is this sort of division and separation that perpetuates societies short-comings. Everyone likes to claim we're all part of the "Human Race" up through, but just before the point where everyone is equal. Then someone has to reach into some handbag some where and pull out some sort of trick that shows that even though we're all the same, so they claim, he/she is different and deserves some preferential treatment or extraordinary recognition.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
WTF ... I'll join in ..... Where is this thread leading? Should there be a white history month? Just because people that I never knew enslaved another race and is now commemorated. I guess .....Yes?
edit on 13-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: Added sarascm...or is it!?

Let there be a White History Month!
edit on 13-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well let's see maybe there is no white history month because every month is white history month. What historical events and people are you going to study during a white history month? Alexander the Great? Julius Caesar? Napoleon? MacArthur? The problem with that is we learn about famous white people all the time, what would the point of white history month be? To reiterate once a year every year the fact that we spend the entire school year learning about a white history that was written by white people?

So to answer your question there is no white history month, there is the white history year, every year.

The real question is when is asian history month? And native american history month? How about we make every month of the year a different race's history month?

Or let's not.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join