It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch!! Ron Paul 20/20 Banned ABC News Interview With John Stossel!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
double

edit on 13-2-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
Great find in videos. I think we as America were mesmerized by Obama being the first black president that we overlooked this man.

I do not believe this for one second. The issue is that Americans in general watch the TV and allow the talking heads on TV to tell them who is the most electable. The average American gets caught up in fancy slogans and chants. The average American does not bother to look into the voting record of a candidate, and instead listens to their words and accepts them as facts, even though politicians are known for lying and we expect them to do so.

Maybe YOU got caught up in the hype of "the first black president" (who actually has a white mother so he is not actually "Black" but is "Mulatto"), but their are others who actually ignored the hype and the slogans and looked at the real issues and what real solutions were being offered. Sadly, those who keep their eye on the ball are few and the majority are brain dead fools are more concerned with picking a "winner" than what that so called "winner" will actually accomplish. I do not wish to sound rude, but when you are looking at Presidential Candidates and trying to decide who will run the country, and you are the type who gets caught up in the fluff, you should do the responsible thing.. stay home and do not vote at all. Leave the voting the those who understand what is at stake. There is an old saying, "If you are not part of the solution- you are part of the problem" and anyone who can not focus on the issues and instead gets caught up in the warm fuzzy storyline of the election process is part of the problem.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by youngdank
Ron Paul is a man before his time. He is trying to get America back to our foundations not this thing we call a government now. I will be voting for him in 2012 if i can i hope he runs

His running for POTUS as the Republican Nomination, would be the best thing to happen to American, even if he lost the election, imho.
Jesse Ventura as an independant also running - sidelineing the entire political establishment, these two things would represent the makings for a quiet (non violent) American revolution.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
this is just amazing! i never thought i would vote for any reason because i have the belief that we vote and they decide but this just got my vote. he is what america needs to become great again. excellent thread, flagged and stared my friend

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
I guess you're refering to TPTB's plan to reduce the world population. The Georgia Guidestones quote a figure of a world population of half a million people.

Not so.

Originally posted by unityemissions
Actually, it's half a billion people.

Wrong as well. The population of the world is 6,899,798,957. That is six billion eight hundred ninety nine million seven hundred ninety eight thousand nine hundred fifty seven people....

The population of the US alone is over 300 million ( 310,815,078 to be exact).

Just, keeping the facts straight here.

That said, I think Ron Paul is the best thing for the country... I truly do... I can't see him being elected though.. The two party system will see to it that the best person will not get the job.... Sadly...

I will write him in though... And I say write him in because I highly doubt the Republican party will make him their candidate.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by youngdank
Ron Paul is a man before his time. He is trying to get America back to our foundations not this thing we call a government now. I will be voting for him in 2012 if i can i hope he runs

His running for POTUS as the Republican Nomination, would be the best thing to happen to American, even if he lost the election, imho.
Jesse Ventura as an independant also running - sidelineing the entire political establishment, these two things would represent the makings for a quiet (non violent) American revolution.

I'd personally vote for Ventura before I voted for Paul. Like I said earlier, Paul has his good points, but Ventura is more to my liking.
edit on 13-2-2011 by antonia because: RAWR

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
I guess you're refering to TPTB's plan to reduce the world population. The Georgia Guidestones quote a figure of a world population of half a million people.

Not so.

Actually, it's half a billion people.

Wrong as well. The population of the world is 6,899,798,957. That is six billion eight hundred ninety nine million seven hundred ninety eight thousand nine hundred fifty seven people....

The population of the US alone is over 300 million ( 310,815,078 to be exact).

Just, keeping the facts straight here.

That said, I think Ron Paul is the best thing for the country... I truly do... I can't see him being elected though.. The two party system will see to it that the best person will not get the job.... Sadly...

I will write him in though... And I say write him in because I highly doubt the Republican party will make him their candidate.

No no no. TPTB want to REDUCE the world population to a half a billion.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul but I don't think that
people in high places will allow him
to become president.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You are correct,
it is the People that must choose Paul.

America cannot wait for Ron Paul to maybe have a chance at President in 2012. We must Demand his ascension and Guidance.

Go to the government and Demand. Go to Paul and Demand.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I really cant ever get enough of this man speaking. If he was ever elected and tried to push for what he says, It will be a GREAT AMERICA. Everything he said is what we need in a president, but sadly i don't see it happening. He isn't really playing ball with what the people in power right now, let alone the corps. I just hope we as a people start to wake up in large numbers and support him, and when elected he makes the changes so we can finally be free.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Dracolich because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul's stance. However, he does look a LOT like Magneto from the X-Men movies AND Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings movies. Hmmmmm.... On one hand, he looks like someone we can trust. On the other, he's a megalomaniacal madman bent on conquest. Shucks, I just don't know. It is funny how much he resembles that actor.

That aside, perhaps there is something to how one looks, especially politicians. Think about it. Charisma translates into positive (or negative) feelings which translate into CAMPAIGN CONTRIBUTIONS. Sure, that's *obvious,* but it really has a lot more impact than most people think. While there are many people (who end up getting a lot of power) who don't have much charisma, those folks get *appointed* to a position of authority when their highly charismatic friends land the job, win the popular election.

Ron Paul looks both like Magneto and Gandalf. One is "evil" and one is good. I put quotes around "evil" because I'm sure some will identify with Magneto and see things from his side of the fence. Either way, Magneto can perform "magic" as well as Gandalf. Ron Paul looks like a guy who might have been a wizard or seer from the middle ages. Just having that "wizened" look about him will help him a great deal. He looks like an intelligent man, and (of course) speaks like one.

I won't say whether or not I'd vote for him, but I would sure have to consider it.
edit on 13-2-2011 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

This, I have to admit, is pretty much how I am starting to feel about this. It's a sad thing to recognize that most have no clue what is going on in our country right now.

Did anyone recognize that this was taped in 2008? It could have been yesterday. That's the neat thing about Ron Paul. Honesty and maturity are honorable traits to have. They are timeless elements; they come from truth. It would be nice if he was in the White House.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I think some of you are forgetting that we have a House and Senate that Dr. Paul will have to deal with if he were to get into office. If by any miracle chance he does get elected (my vote included) would put him at the business end of the populace stick. The House and Senate would shut him down at every turn. The media would drive public opinions of him into the toilet. The only way Ron Paul is going to get anything done while in office would be to sit down in front of the Supreme Court and argue the current Government system away. It'll take him and his AG more than 8 years to do that.

If Ron Paul got into office and managed to cripple the FED, there would be a literal firestorm raining down on our cities. The Fed won't go down without a fight and I'm not talking about the kind that happen in committees and hearings.

Of course the reality is Ron Paul will not be elected unless the elites are getting ready to kick us off the map anyway and I don't think they're done with us yet. We still have yet to see the October surprise.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Hello Deebo,

In segment 6 Ron Paul is speaking of farm subsidies, a gift of supporting funds aimed at taking wide variation
out of the price for wheat, corn, sugar and other items farmers grow. the result has been the opposite of the intent.
When the government sets a certain fixed future price for a commodity what is actually created is an artifical market
for speculative contracts on the spread between the set price and the anticipated future price. Farmers can get
loans to plant crops based on the government fixed price and then they hassled by bankers and speculators to
give up their ownership of their crops while they are still in the ground.

Monsanto is in the news about the topic of genetically modified crops. I new area of regulation has been spawned
to regulate the property rights that define GMO plant seeds. That is a different topic and one I am confident Ron Paul would say is another example of too much goverment regulation.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood

Unfortunately, here in the UK we seem to have lost our 'Blitz spirit' (can I still say this in our time and epoch?) apart from cerain characters like Nigel Farage of the UK Independance Party,

You know what.

Nigel Farage is one hell of a good guy.

I'm very glad he survived that plane wreck.

In a way, Farage is the EU's version of Dr Paul. Dr No.

I've always had a good feeling about that fella.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
uh oh im going to come out and say it first.
'Anti Christ'

"This is one of the key indicators of the timing of this coming world leader's rise to global power. He will arrive as a peacemaker during a period of instability and chaos when the world will be clamoring for peace."

your putting to much faith into this one guy to set America straight.

and "the correlation to 666"

Date of birth August 20, 1935.

8-2 6 1+5 6 9+3 6
or
8-2 6 19/3 6 with a remainder of 1+5 6

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am baffled as I read how some of you are so aroused by the way that Ron Paul speaks or by how strong his convictions come across.

I do believe the same type of people who felt the very same way about "W" rhetoric of prohibiting gay marriage, WMDs, Axis of Evil, Fighting for Freedom, and War on Terrorism found themselves bent over and royally sore by the end of his presidency. Even voted him in a second time to finish off the job.

News flash, all career politicians are liars. The better spoken they are the bigger the lies they are feeding you.

Gullible much?
edit on 14-2-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

So sad you seem to know so little about the man, or history.

He's had the exact same message for decades, and has never betrayed his constituents.

This guy is the real deal.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by MaryStillToe

So sad you seem to know so little about the man, or history.

He's had the exact same message for decades, and has never betrayed his constituents.

This guy is the real deal.

His ideals are just that, ideas. Some of them are nice, but he comes off as extremely naive. He does not provide a tangible solution or even a clue of how he can turn his ideas into reality as president. What would the transition plan look like for closing down a majority of these federal departments and agencies and how would it affect the US economy and unemployment? This is not the 1700s and America is too interwined in international politics and secrecy to pretend the government could simply shut down and revert to a simpler time. To be honet it is not just naive, it is stupid. We would be immediately attacked by at least one or more of the super powers and become worst off and less free than the Chinese or Russian people.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I like Ron Paul but I wish that he would stop saying that 9/11 was the brainchild of Osama Bin Laden and 19 middle easterner hijackers. I find that highly suspicious. Great interview though. I never knew that this existed until now. I wish Americans had been allowed to see this at the time it was made.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join